Comfortable seating suggestions - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-12-2019, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Comfortable seating suggestions

I purchased a Barcalounger Solaris loveseat but unfortunately, the seat is one of the most uncomfortable I have ever used.

It appears to be a manufacturer defect, but the seat has a huge gap between backrest and seat, on the lower lumbar portion while reclined, and the bottom cushion compresses while seating, further increasing the gap and lack of support making it very uncomfortable. Fortunately the vendor has offered some replacement options, the one that catches my eye the most, being the Seatcraft Samson. It's larger and looks comfier than the Solaris, but if there is any other options specially Seatcraft that I should consider, I am all ears.

Just for reference, I really like AMC Theaters recliners, so if anyone has anything with similar comfort level, that would be great.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-12-2019, 06:52 PM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Check our Fusion Collection Theater Seating recliners. Any of our style groups will be quite more comfortable and will provide way better head support.

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #3 of 5 Old 11-13-2019, 08:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson_Flam3s View Post
I purchased a Barcalounger Solaris loveseat but unfortunately, the seat is one of the most uncomfortable I have ever used.

It appears to be a manufacturer defect, but the seat has a huge gap between backrest and seat, on the lower lumbar portion while reclined, and the bottom cushion compresses while seating, further increasing the gap and lack of support making it very uncomfortable. Fortunately the vendor has offered some replacement options, the one that catches my eye the most, being the Seatcraft Samson. It's larger and looks comfier than the Solaris, but if there is any other options specially Seatcraft that I should consider, I am all ears.

Just for reference, I really like AMC Theaters recliners, so if anyone has anything with similar comfort level, that would be great.

Thanks!
The chair that we have most like Amc shown above is the HT Design Southampton or HT Design Pembroke.

Check them out on our web site.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 11-14-2019, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post
Check our Fusion Collection Theater Seating recliners. Any of our style groups will be quite more comfortable and will provide way better head support.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTmarket View Post
The chair that we have most like Amc shown above is the HT Design Southampton or HT Design Pembroke.

Check them out on our web site.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Thanks for the info! I am definitely looking into all these options.

On another note, I was looking for a very special seat for another room. I only have around 53-54 inches spare at the most and I am wondering if there is any theater recliner than can seat 2 and still fit within those dimensions? Any seating solution withing those dimensions and around 33"+ of seating surface would do.

It would be like an oversized cuddler recliner with possibly cup holders and perhaps storage. I don't think there's any current ones, but perhaps there was in the past and there is a forgotten left over somewhere? lol

Something like this for example with a theater touch would be awesome!

Last edited by Crimson_Flam3s; 11-14-2019 at 10:46 PM.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-15-2019, 09:36 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Our Fusion Collection Jive-1013 recliners in a loveseat configuration - IOOI will be 54.5" wide.

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page