1Likes
  • 1 Post By gotozmoon

post #1 of 5 Old 12-03-2019, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Theater seating question

I am looking to get theater seats for my basement. Due to the low ceiling and room dimensions, I am forced to have the projector on a projector table in the middle of the back wall. As a result, I can only do one row of seats, but on both sides of the projector. I am attaching a schematic of the space I am describing. Ideally I would like to have 6 seats, and I am trying to figure out if I should/could do a row of 3 seats, or a loveseat with additional seat, curved vs straight? is it bad for the seats to extend past the screen edges? I would like power recline and power headrests but not break the bank ~650-800 per seat (ideally includes shipping). Happy to hear any suggestions or see pics from anyone who may have something similar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Theater measurements-page-001.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	2648856  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Theater measurements.pdf (87.2 KB, 4 views)
HTmarket likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-03-2019, 11:51 AM
rsh
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 165
You can definitely benefit from curving both sets.

IOVOVOI PJ IOVOVOI

Or get sets that have two straight seats and the last seats - on very ends angled in.

IOVOIOI PJ IOIOVOI

Roman
rtheaters.com
FusionCollectionSeating.com
Ultimate Home Entertainment
post #3 of 5 Old 12-03-2019, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 423 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotozmoon View Post
I am looking to get theater seats for my basement. Due to the low ceiling and room dimensions, I am forced to have the projector on a projector table in the middle of the back wall. As a result, I can only do one row of seats, but on both sides of the projector. I am attaching a schematic of the space I am describing. Ideally I would like to have 6 seats, and I am trying to figure out if I should/could do a row of 3 seats, or a loveseat with additional seat, curved vs straight? is it bad for the seats to extend past the screen edges? I would like power recline and power headrests but not break the bank ~650-800 per seat (ideally includes shipping). Happy to hear any suggestions or see pics from anyone who may have something similar.
I like option 2 suggested above just curving the the outside ends of the row as suggested. So you end up with 2 rows of 3 with curved ends. Check sheffield on our site however might be a bit out of budget for you as it comes in a bit above your high side budget but not by much.

Regards,
Alan Hutchinson
HTmarket.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-03-2019, 01:57 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 451 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6019 Post(s)
Liked: 5599
What projector is this? You usually can place a projector higher as long as you still have line of sight to the top edge of the screen. That may mean a high rear wall mount above your heads not on table between bodies. The result would not giving up the prime center seat and more stable mounting not prone to being bumped. The only exception would be a fixed offset projector which can only go on a table or the ceiling. Or, a room with no rear wall.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-03-2019, 02:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
What projector is this? You usually can place a projector higher as long as you still have line of sight to the top edge of the screen. That may mean a high rear wall mount above your heads not on table between bodies. The result would not giving up the prime center seat and more stable mounting not prone to being bumped. The only exception would be a fixed offset projector which can only go on a table or the ceiling. Or, a room with no rear wall.
It's the Optoma HD142X. The problem is that if I mount on back wall, it is too far from the screen and I cannot get it to fit the screen size. The screen sits on a wall that is only 5 inches wider on each side past the screen, so I couldn't get a bigger screen. I also couldn't find a very low profile ceiling mount, which also was difficult because of the ceiling joists not being lined up ideally. There were lots of issues as I was adapting a non-ideal space as a DIY project and unable to change where the electrical outlets are located.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page