Forum Jump: 
Closed Thread

post #1 of 404 Old 07-21-2004, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 29
BTW, you can go to Coasters web-site directly and check out their merchandise.

The url is http://coastercompany.com

Go to dealer login and enter guest for both the login and password. Then go to the See whats new and in stock link and that will take you to the info page for these chairs.

The #s are #7563 for black, #7564 for brown and #7565 for microfiber.

The dimensions given are 112"W * 36-1/2"L * 39"H.

The description given is:

"Top Grain Leather Match. Going out to the movies was never this comfortable. Inside arm lever releases the smooth Leggett and Platt mechanism expandable capability make this large seating set even more versatile."

So defintely not all leather, but instead leather-match which to me is the best value option anyways.

Kurt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 404 Old 07-21-2004, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked: 648
they had to order mine and said that the factory they order from is in atlanta so i only had to wait 2 days for them to pick them up. that is the policy with every order. 4 days is the longest you would have to wait to get any style they have.
post #3 of 404 Old 08-03-2004, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
My wife and I just went and checked these out yesterday. They were at a store in the Dallas area and they had both the orginal Coasters and the new (090 clone) ones. The new ones are improved in everyway. They look VERY much like the Berkline 090's and the Lane Hollywoods, but are more comfortable than either of these. The recliner mechanisim works very well and holds my legs with no problem (and I'm about 6'5" and 260lbs). The chairs are actually very comfortable in any position whether they are closed, legs out, or fully reclined. The "wallaway" feature only requires 2" of wall clearance. You can also break the chairs into two pieces like the 090's to help get through tight spaces. These really are an amazing bargain.

According to the dealer, tarriffs have been raised by something like 180% on Chinese imports due to complaints from American furniture manufacturers, so I would expect to see some price increases on these pretty soon. I paid just under $2k for my six (kind of feels like highway robbery). I pick them up this Friday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 404 Old 08-03-2004, 02:50 PM
PAP
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Any chance of making 4 wide rows with these? Rep states you can't order them except 3 wide, but they do come unattached. Anyone seen them enough to know whether if I ordered 3 sets of 3 that I could make 2 rows of 4? (one extra left over)

Good, cheap, easy - pick any two.
post #5 of 404 Old 08-04-2004, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

You can definetely get them in rows of 4. My dealer specifically told me I could do rows of 4 if I wanted to.

The dealer I'm getting mine from has an Ebay store. Lucky for me he's based out of Dallas, so I was able to deal with him face to face.

I think he said when he ships them out of state that it costs $125 for 3. And that's to anywhere in the lower 48 states. So that comes out to about $374 per unit shipped.
post #6 of 404 Old 09-15-2004, 08:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
OK, it's time to revive this thread. What's the status of these chairs? Are they still holding up well for those who bought them?

jeff

What we have heah...is a failya...to communicate.
post #7 of 404 Old 09-17-2004, 11:30 AM
tr6

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Yeah I'd like some input on these chairs also, Anybody?
post #8 of 404 Old 09-17-2004, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Hovis
OK, it's time to revive this thread. What's the status of these chairs? Are they still holding up well for those who bought them?

Good question. I'm interested too as I could only afford one row of Berklines, but two rows of these.

Robert Clark
post #9 of 404 Old 09-17-2004, 08:46 PM
PAP
AVS Forum Special Member

I was all set to buy them, but then drove down to the Berkline outlet sale and so I'm out....

Good, cheap, easy - pick any two.
post #10 of 404 Old 09-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

I got six of the newer Coasters a while back, but they are still in the boxes until my room is finished. Hopefully It'll be completed in November.
post #11 of 404 Old 09-19-2004, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

So as I read it, the "NEW ONES" are much larger than the originals? Someone posted the old ones are around 93" wide. The new one are 112" wide, is this correct? big difference.

Mike
post #12 of 404 Old 09-19-2004, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Per website:

http://www.coastercompany.com/

(log on: account #= "guest", password= "guest", then click "new")

The seats are 112" wide, 36.5" deep, 39" high, for a group of three. The newer style is angled, not straight.

I've ordered a set of brown leather seats (#7564) from Southland. they don't sell for $899 anymore... $999 is the price now, I tried to haggle. Still, delivered, they remain 1/3 less than Berklines. I'm supposed to get mine on Thursday, along with my carpeting install and cabinets (free standings from Ikea)... thinking about getting the screen delivered that day too, just to drive the wife completely over the edge!

Full report will follow... might have to wait though! Been working so hard on this, I might not leave the basement for a while!!! Fingers crossed. ;>
post #13 of 404 Old 09-19-2004, 06:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Dave,
What did they charge you for shipping? And let us know how the seats are. I'm about an hour from you so I'm pretty sure shipping costs will be similar if not the same. I'm itchy to order my seats. Was looking at the Berkline 090 but these are so much cheaper.

Herm
post #14 of 404 Old 09-19-2004, 06:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Shipping will run you about 200.

I ordered mine on Aug 30, and paid by check (I don't like Paypal). So figure 2-3 weeks.

VERY nice people. They are "out of the office" recently due to the hurricane. I would guess they're back now, as Ivan just flooded north NJ Delaware river valley. I guess he's done with Georgia.
post #15 of 404 Old 09-19-2004, 08:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Dave,
I'm anxious to hear how the seats are. I'm on the northside of Atlanta and they're down on the southside. I'll drive down there to check them out soon when the HT is just a littler closer to completion. In the mean time, I'll wait for your report. As for the hurricane, we had lots of flooding and wind damage around here. I hope they weren't victims.

jeff

What we have heah...is a failya...to communicate.
post #16 of 404 Old 09-20-2004, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Anyone got dimensions of these from the very back to the tip of the recliner when in full recline (full depth)?

Robert Clark
post #17 of 404 Old 09-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

I've been trying to find that measurement myself. My seats are packed well away in storage, or I'd get one out and measure it. When I was in the store, I sat in one, fully reclined and had the sales guy measure to the end of my foot, but I can't remember what the measurement was and of course I didn't write it down.

It'd be easier for me to go back to the store and take some measurements, but I won't get a chance to do that for at least another week or so.
post #18 of 404 Old 09-22-2004, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks Anthony,

There's a booth of these at the LA county fair this week, I'm thinking of running over there, sitting in them and measuring them...

:)

Robert Clark
post #19 of 404 Old 09-22-2004, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

htomei22,

You are a prince among men! ;)

Robert

Robert Clark
post #20 of 404 Old 09-23-2004, 06:27 AM

I just received my Coaster HT chairs last Friday. My buddy and I built the riser two nights ago. I had to make the riser 60 inches deep. Total riser dimensions were 116 x 60. I have a couple of inches extra to each side of the chairs. There really isn't any extra room depth wise. The chairs are quite deep because as you recline, the seat slides forward. They would work great if backed up against a wall. I'm really happy with the chairs and they look great in my HT.
post #21 of 404 Old 09-23-2004, 04:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

They are 67" full extended (top of head rest to bottom of foot rest). Remember also that the assembeld units will have a slight curve, so you'll need a little more room than that.

Just got mine today. My carpet installers won't be here til wednesday. So I have the left end unit setup in my garage.

The design is: left end unit has straight arm on left, wedge arm on right (this is the only unit with 2 arms). Then center unit attaches on right, with a wedge arm on right, then right chair attaches on right of that, with straight arm on right.

Very comfortable. I'm 6'5", ~270#s. With seat upright and with feet extended, my head is fully over the pillow (which is what I wanted). Fully extended, I could sleep on it.

Very handsome also. I got the brown leather. Nice quality. I really like the wood feet in front... wife is digging that also.

The screw holding the release for the recliner looks crooked/not fully screwed in to me... I didn't look at the other chairs to compare... and I didn't mess with it yet. The latch is firmly attached and works fine. One thread end of stitching needs to be trimmed. I'm really picking nits.

I've sat in Berkline 99's 90's 88's some others. Also tried Lazyboys at thier store, and other brands (MANY others) at our local "Dump" store.

All were significantly more expensive. None are significantly better.

The Berkline 90s are the most similar to these. The Berklines had a more solid feel, and richer feeling leather. I'd say the Berklines are slightly better... but not a lot.

I bought these unseen.

I'm VERY happy!
post #22 of 404 Old 09-24-2004, 06:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks DaveinBerlinNJ,

I am going to order these!

Robert Clark
post #23 of 404 Old 09-24-2004, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally posted by Robert Clark
htomei22,

You are a prince among men! ;)

Robert
Mom, I've asked you before to stop posting to this forum, and for God's sake please stop calling yourself "Robert Clark". ;)

htomei

but I digress......
post #24 of 404 Old 09-24-2004, 01:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

LOL....good one!

Robert Clark
post #25 of 404 Old 09-29-2004, 06:13 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Ok,
I finally saw these seats(newer coasters) in person.....I actually wasn't that impressed. The seat backs were soft but the seat cushions(butt) were very very firm....& I am about 260lbs.....This made it a bit uncomfortable....like I was leaning back without reclining. I must say they do look nice, I saw the brown leather....The brown leather I saw was nice & the recline wasn't bad either....but the back does recline a slight bit when you put up the foot rest....unlike the berklines

Joe
post #26 of 404 Old 10-04-2004, 08:18 AM

Ok, I've trying to plan a rather small HT room. The rooms dimensions are 15' x 12' and I would like to fit 2 rows of 3 in the room.

Whats the smallest space between rows that would be comfortable for the coaster recliner chairs? They appear to recline to about 67" but how much would your feet overhang for a person about 6' tall?
post #27 of 404 Old 10-04-2004, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I wish I had room enough in my small theater (to be) for theater seats. I only have an approx. 10'x12' bedroom I'd like to convert. :(
post #28 of 404 Old 10-04-2004, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

My seats are setup ~ 14' from a 106" screen. Even if I moved them back a foot, I don't think you could comfortably get another row in front of them... so IMHO, I don't think you can do 2 rows in a room thats 15'x12'. Not with these seats. Maybe if you were using a much smaller screen... doubtful, but maybe.

On the other hand, I think you could easily get one row in a 10' x 12' room (depending on layout/access).

YMMV

EDIT: FWIW, JOESMUD, are you sure you were looking at the newer model? I have a set. While comfort is in the eye (or butt!) of the beholder, I find the chairs very comfortable... but this is individual preference. The back of the chairs absolutely do NOT move back much (if at all) when reclined... in know this for a fact... I have my backing up to a lolly column in my basement HT, and the chair never touches the column. I believe these newer chairs use the same exact recliner mechanism as the Berklines.
post #29 of 404 Old 10-04-2004, 12:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 12
Ditto to Dave's data. We love our Coasters, and confirm that the back of the chair does not move backward when you recline.

Joesmud, do you know the model number of the Coasters which you found uncomfortable? Mine are the 7560's (Director's Collection). There are others from Coaster, and I have no idea as to their comfort.

htomei

but I digress......
post #30 of 404 Old 10-04-2004, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I also find them very comfortable, without being too soft.

Here's some bad pictures of my new setup! I haven't done the complete setup yet....

Robert Clark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread Theater Room Items & Accessories

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page