2016 LG B/C/E/G Series Deals - Page 101 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1064Likes

post #3001 of 4533 Old 02-14-2017, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Bevins View Post
Echo and Optics said they won't sell off eBay for a reduced price. They said the current price was an ebay only deal and it's as cheap as it's going to be. They also said they would not issue me a receipt because they don't process payments and my ebay or PayPal receipt will have to do. Has anyone using Chase succesfully price matched on eBay?

Since Echo and Optics is supposed to be one of the few good dealers I want to jump on this while I can.
Many on slick deals have successfully gotten price protections from eBay and PayPal sales, although I admit I've not known every detail about those people did that. You could try and search the older threads about previous deals to glean any more info.

As for the eBay only deal I can at least confirm that's real. From what I've gathered an eBay deal of the day sale is something eBay is covering. So the seller is actually getting their full normal price, but eBay is covering the same difference. So if the TV is normally $3200, but now on sale for $2700... You're paying the seller $2700 and eBay is paying them $500. That's why they won't sell for the same or less directly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3002 of 4533 Old 02-14-2017, 02:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Bevins View Post
Echo and Optics said they won't sell off eBay for a reduced price. They said the current price was an ebay only deal and it's as cheap as it's going to be. They also said they would not issue me a receipt because they don't process payments and my ebay or PayPal receipt will have to do. Has anyone using Chase succesfully price matched on eBay?

Since Echo and Optics is supposed to be one of the few good dealers I want to jump on this while I can.

I was able to get a citi price rewind for a set from echo. Sent them a PDF of the PayPal transaction detail and eBay receipt. They approved it and have credited my account.
post #3003 of 4533 Old 02-14-2017, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike__P View Post
I was able to get a citi price rewind for a set from echo. Sent them a PDF of the PayPal transaction detail and eBay receipt. They approved it and have credited my account.
Did you use your actual PayPal account (linked to your cc, bank account, etc.) or did you use your credit card with PayPal processing the transaction? I just reconfirmed with Citi that they have no problem with PayPal transactions or CC transactions using PayPal processing but I've heard you might not get a receipt from Echo and Optics at all using the credit card route, whereas with PayPal you will always get a PayPal transaction receipt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3004 of 4533 Old 02-14-2017, 03:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I used my PayPal account and selected my linked citi card as method.
post #3005 of 4533 Old 02-14-2017, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just pulled the trigger on the OLED65E6P from E&O on Ebay. I've been hemming and hawing for months now, but just decided to get myself a little Valentines Day present for myself. I would love to have seen it below $2500 legit, but it's not too bad at $2800.
lakerone and elex_enthu like this.

-RS
post #3006 of 4533 Old 02-14-2017, 05:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by buju22 View Post
Electronic Express has a 65E6P for $2500 (local pick up only) with a 14 day return policy. They're in Tennessee. If I lived close to them I'd jump on this deal. Even if I had to drive 5 hours 😊. Then price match for hopefully another $500 off.

65JS8500, Vizio P50-C1, 55C6P, Nvidia Shield, XB1S, PS4 Pro, KS8500
OK, a follow-up to this...

First, I went ahead and closed on this set in the eBay ad. Electronic Express will deliver the set in the next day or so. Well, not quite. I got to the warehouse and inspected the set. The set powered on just fine but there seemed to be a defect that was pretty noticeable. Specifically there seemed to be a foreign substance like an adhesive or something stuck to the glass toward the top of the set running about 18 inches across. It was pretty obvious and probably the reason why the original owner turned the set down. And it wouldn't wipe off. This set probably needs to be returned to LG.

But there was a second open box 65E6P in the warehouse and I got an opportunity to look at that. The second set didn't seem to have any obvious flaws, the picture fired up nicely and everything looked in order. The set had a May 2016 manufacture so it had been in their system awhile. But there were no hours on the set so it was literally brand new. The firmware was also pretty old....3.x.x. But nothing that can't be updated.

Electronic Express admitted they probably low-balled the set too much since they said if I wasn't going to buy it, the price was going back to $2999. But there was a snag. I had hoped to take advantage of the 36 month same as cash deal currently on the President's Day for they wouldn't do that for open box stuff. So we ended up doing a 6 months SAC deal....not what I had hoped but still ok.

In the end including tax, the whole deal was not much less than doing it from iElectric or Echo&Optics with no sales tax, but I have 5 days to return the set if there are no problems and a year warranty from an authorized dealer. In the end, it was still a good day.
post #3007 of 4533 Old 02-14-2017, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1538 Post(s)
Liked: 2242
Glad it worked out. Im curious, the set that has adhesive on it that is not coming off, was it sticky or was it hard.
post #3008 of 4533 Old 02-14-2017, 05:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 169
So for those that did the price protection from Chase, how long did it take? I submitted mine on Feb 5 via eclaimsline.com, and 7 working days later it's still in pending state. But they state on the form that they will review within 5 working days. Not necessarily in a hurry, but just a little concerned now.

HT: OLED65E6P (ChadB cal'd), STR-DN1080, UBP-X800, 7 Take Classics, Dual SB2000's
LR: 47LW5600
post #3009 of 4533 Old 02-14-2017, 07:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Killa View Post
Glad it worked out. Im curious, the set that has adhesive on it that is not coming off, was it sticky or was it hard.
It wasn't really sticky. That could have probably been removed. But we had a microfiber cloth and some screen cleaner handy and nothing would budge the mark. And it wasn't a small mark either. You could feel whatever it was on the glass.
post #3010 of 4533 Old 02-14-2017, 11:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked: 651
55B6P for $1399 shipped from Adorama via eBay. I got mine from there for $1499 back in Nov. Great TV, smooth problem-free transaction. Note that they don't take returns though, so if there's a fault with the TV, you'd need to go through LG for warranty service.

https://9to5toys.com/2017/02/14/lgs-55-inch-oled/
post #3011 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan55 View Post
So for those that did the price protection from Chase, how long did it take? I submitted mine on Feb 5 via eclaimsline.com, and 7 working days later it's still in pending state. But they state on the form that they will review within 5 working days. Not necessarily in a hurry, but just a little concerned now.
9 days for me to get an email saying I don't have enough info.... Which I knew, I just wanted to get the ball started and was fully expecting that because I'm waiting on one more bit of paperwork to update the request.
post #3012 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 12:14 AM

Apologies if this is already known...

65" OLED65E6P

$2799 plus $100 eBay bucks from Echo and optics...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282054559711

I'm at work and mobile and only had a second.

Original credit to slickdeals

https://slickdeals.net/f/9769035-lg-...eSearchV2Algo1
flamingoezz likes this.
post #3013 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 04:39 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magellan55 View Post
Mine took about 2 weeks and there wasn't any notification. When I checked status it said the check was issued. Filed claim on Jan. 30th, check received 2/13.
post #3014 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerone View Post
Got the call, my 65E6 from Ielectrica is being delivered Wednesday evening via AM Home Delivery.
Never dealt with this shipping company before, anyone have any experience with them, assuming they carry in, do they open up and examine? Can I do that why they are there/ examine the screen?

Those with Ielectrica deals, have you been asking them for an invoice to use with price protection, or does something come with the tv that is usuable?
My set was just delivered... 701 build, January 2017. Not too shabby.

I quoted you because keep an eye on the AM guys. Very nice guys, but my two seemed to have little respect for the TV....

I nearly had a heart attack when I walked outside to meet them only to find one guy walking towards me with the box over his head... Yes.... Only him carrying it and awkwardly too.... I rushed over and quickly grabbed an end and he followed suit at least.

Besides that they seemed very "don't give a frak" attitude about getting the set out of the box and manipulating it around... I was honestly concerned they'd crack the glass with how they kept moving it and lifting it.

After a quick power up they left it tilted with a pressure point on one edge and I quickly fixed that after they left the house.... Eesh. I know those guys have a schedule and have done this countless times, but I was fearful of my baby, lol.

Again.... Nice guys, but I actually would have preferred I had NOT gotten the free "white glove" upgrade after that, lol.
lakerone likes this.

Last edited by Teknomedic; 02-15-2017 at 09:36 AM.
post #3015 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 09:47 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknomedic View Post
My set was just delivered... 701 build, January 2017. Not too shabby.

I quoted you because keep an eye on the AM guys. Very nice guys, but my two seemed to have little respect for the TV....

I nearly had a heart attack when I walked outside to meet them only to find one guy walking towards me with the box over his head... Yes.... Only him carrying it and awkwardly too.... I rushed over and quickly grabbed an end and he followed suit at least.

Besides that they seemed very "don't give a frak" attitude about getting the set out of the box and manipulating it around... I was honestly concerned they'd crack the glass with how they kept moving it and lifting it.

After a quick power up they left it tilted with a pressure point on one edge and I quickly fixed that after they left the house.... Eesh. I know those guys have a schedule and have done this countless times, but I was fearful of my baby, lol.

Again.... Nice guys, but I actually would have preferred I had NOT gotten the free "white glove" upgrade after that, lol.
Thanks very much for the update/warning....
I will be on them like glue this PM when they show up, I'm in WI, not sure if I'm getting the "white glove treatment", I'll probably just enforce what I'm going to do, help bring in, clip the straps, take off the top and plug in quick....
post #3016 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
OLED55B6P
purchased for my FATHER ... we used my ebay-Paypal .... his Citi card was added to my paypal for this purchase (since removed).
purchased from ebay vendor ielectrica on JAN 22 - $1499 no tax free shipping from Hollywood FL
delivered JAN 26 (to my address since thats the Paypal account), we live 3 blocks apart. Original LG box, one strap on top had pierced the cardboard into the styrofoam, but no problems. Manufactured date is OCT 2016

NOTE ..... I had $15.17 balance within MY paypal account when we purchased ..... so the CITI charge was for $1483.83

Enrolled in Citi Price rewind on FEB 8 ...... talked by phone to CS rep, emailed to them the screenshot of receipt from ielectrica (they sent this per my request), the Citi transaction itself, the Paypal transaction, and the dated screenshot lower offer of $1198 from East Coast TVs.

FEB 9 ..... I sent a second email with another lower offer from EBuyUSA, $1179. I had forward the same FEB 8 email to Citi along with the attachments for the EBuyUSA screenshot dated FEB 9.

FEB 13 ....... my fathers Citi Price Rewind credit was posted for $286
$1483.83 price charged LESS the $1198 from East Coast TVs = $285.83 ....rounded up to the $286 refund credit.

We called Citi today ..... they have not received the follow up email from FEB 9 (yet ?) that included the lower $1179 EBuyUSA price.

Our REWIND 60 days doesn't expire until mid March.... so we will continue to monitor any other refund credit in the weeks ahead. I'll continue watching prices also. TODAY the lowest internet price I see is from TV Superstores: $1198. East Coast & EBuyUSA are now both above $1200.

Hopefully this info helps. It works !! The OLED is terrific (upgraded from his KURO 4280)

Last edited by tony9; 02-15-2017 at 04:13 PM.
post #3017 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 10:27 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Ordered OLED55B6P from eBuyUSA 2 day ship FedEx for $1697 they threw in 4k hdmi cables . Got a price protection claim for Discover for $480 refund matching price to eastcoasttvs price of $1215.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
post #3018 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 11:16 AM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Oh man...this is becoming very tempting. better motion processing and 3d for 300 bucks more than a B6. Though i do prefer the simple look of the B6 and it also gets a little brighter -- not sure if it is a negligible amount or not

Quote:

65" OLED65E6P

post #3019 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Really planning to get 65" OLED65E6P from ebay (Echo and Optics). But feeling nervous. I see some members have already bought it. Still....
Anybody in the same boat?
post #3020 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elex_enthu View Post
Really planning to get 65" OLED65E6P from ebay (Echo and Optics). But feeling nervous. I see some members have already bought it. Still....
Anybody in the same boat?
I'm with you but I'm nervous only because E&O won't provide a separate detailed invoice or bill of sale to use for credit card price protection, and also for warranty registration. I know it doesn't matter if you buy from authorized or not for LG warranty, but it would still make me feel better to get an actual receipt from these guys like ielectrica does.

I really don't think we'll see this TV get much cheaper than this from the ebay community, and certainly not from big box retail.
post #3021 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhasselbacher View Post
I'm with you but I'm nervous only because E&O won't provide a separate detailed invoice or bill of sale to use for credit card price protection, and also for warranty registration. I know it doesn't matter if you buy from authorized or not for LG warranty, but it would still make me feel better to get an actual receipt from these guys like ielectrica does.

I really don't think we'll see this TV get much cheaper than this from the ebay community, and certainly not from big box retail.
I also see ielectrica selling on ebay for same price (http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-Electroni...kAAOSwcUBYUsjI)

is ielectrica better than echo and optics?
post #3022 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 28
finally! the 65" is on sale again.

ielectrica
65B6 for $2350
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182267871615
post #3023 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elex_enthu View Post
I also see ielectrica selling on ebay for same price (http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-Electroni...kAAOSwcUBYUsjI)

is ielectrica better than echo and optics?
Yep I just saw that ielectrica brought back their deal on the 65E6P about 15 minutes ago as well. I don't know if one is better than the other because both have very good ratings on ebay and get pretty good reviews on this forum. I'm pretty sure that E&O drop ships from multiple locations around the country, so buyers might get their set a bit quicker, whereas ielectrica ships from Florida.

I do know ielectrica will send you a separate receipt or invoice when you ask them whereas E&O will not; the reason they give is they don't process transactions. I have contacted ielectrica via their ebay account and asked if they will edit the listing to remove the bundled HDMI cable. I did the same last week along with many others and they were happy to oblige.

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but I might lean toward ielectrica since I can get the detailed invoice from them which can't hurt when it comes to credit card price protection and possible warranty registration with LG. Must pull the trigger today if you have eBay bucks as that offer expires tonight.
MtBikeUt likes this.
post #3024 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Arrrghh. I have an 2004 Sony XBR 60" Rear Projection in the basement I've been itching to replace and this is sooo tempting. I was really hoping these would hit 2500 at some point but am I just dreaming? I don't have a price protection card nor do I want to apply for one and not get the extended protection of using my Amex.
post #3025 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsarnak View Post
Arrrghh. I have an 2004 Sony XBR 60" Rear Projection in the basement I've been itching to replace and this is sooo tempting. I was really hoping these would hit 2500 at some point but am I just dreaming? I don't have a price protection card nor do I want to apply for one and not get the extended protection of using my Amex.
I get an extended warranty with my Costco Citi card AND got my $500 price protection credit approved within four days of submitting it; no issues. My 55E6 was bought from E&O on eBay on a Friday after hours, tv was shipped on Monday, and arrived on Thursday from Manassas, VA. 609 build.

OLED55E6P (609 build)
Denon X2400H
KEF Q100 L/R/C, SVS SB12-NSD
XB1S, Roku Ultra
post #3026 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 01:19 PM

curious how you get $100 in ebay bucks -- i thought its 1%, which would be 28 bucks. Am I missing something?

Quote:

65" OLED65E6P

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282054559711

I'm at work and mobile and only had a second.

Original credit to slickdeals

https://slickdeals.net/f/9769035-lg-...eSearchV2Algo1
post #3027 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 01:59 PM

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by markiz2001 View Post
finally! the 65" is on sale again.

ielectrica
65B6 for $2350
http://www.ebay.com/itm/182267871615
SOB. I just bought mine yesterday $2600
Wekurtz74 likes this.

Last edited by s!ke; 02-16-2017 at 01:26 AM.
post #3028 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 02:04 PM

a week after people buy it for 2350 it'll be 2200...just be happy you have one

Quote:
Originally Posted by s!ke View Post
SOB. I just bought mine yesterday $2600
post #3029 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 02:10 PM

Echo and Optics is sold out on ebay. it shows 0 available 256 sold.

Last edited by elex_enthu; 02-15-2017 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Typo
post #3030 of 4533 Old 02-15-2017, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingoezz View Post
curious how you get $100 in ebay bucks -- i thought its 1%, which would be 28 bucks. Am I missing something?
Ebay will send out promotions where you might get 10% back as ebay bucks.

My Setup:
Display : LG OLED65E6P
A/V Receiver : Marantz SR6011
Console: XONE, PS4 Pro
Speakers : SVS Ultra Towers 5.1 & PB2000-NSD Sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Tags
lg b6 65b6p , lg e6 65e6p 55e6p , lg g6

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page