2016 LG B/C/E/G Series Deals - Page 117 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1064Likes

post #3481 of 4533 Old 03-14-2017, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by aypues View Post
wow, thanks for the heads up. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on a 65B6 and had in mind to put a Costco Squaretrade warranty on it, but it says it has to be bought from an authorized retailer. Bummer.
Call Square Trade, first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3482 of 4533 Old 03-14-2017, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfoot995 View Post
Does anyone have any experience ordering from CompSource? They are now showing the 65E6P for 2614.67.
CompSource is legit. I bought a printer from them, but it didn't work out and they accepted the return even when the website said they wouldn't. I had to pay return shipping but they gave me their rate which was like 1/3 the actual cost. You may have to pay sales tax, though, so it doesn't always end up being the best deal around.
post #3483 of 4533 Old 03-14-2017, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by opideegs View Post
I'm on the lookout for 65b6p for $2000 or less for price protection. If I find one I'll post it asap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You have got company. I am looking for a lower price for 65B6 (Got it for 2450). I am also looking for 55E6P lower price screenshot. I got it for 1799. One paid on citi and other on discover. Hoping to get a lower price for both.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3484 of 4533 Old 03-14-2017, 07:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1852 Post(s)
Liked: 1918
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1948 View Post
Finally, it would be helpful if Chris would directly clarify on this forum Cleveland Plasma's status as an "authorized" LG reseller to put this issue to bed, once and for all.

LG just confirmed that Cleveland Plasma is NOT an authorized reseller by listing them at the bottom of the page with all of the other unauthorized resellers.

The following companies are not authorized to sell LG products:

Cleveland Plasma

http://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddeale...ized_retailers
post #3485 of 4533 Old 03-14-2017, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfoot995 View Post
Does anyone have any experience ordering from CompSource? They are now showing the 65E6P for 2614.67.
Too bad its another $165 for shipping.
post #3486 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 01:04 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
What is the lowest price people have found for credit card pricematch purposes on 55E6P
post #3487 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 01:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 4303 Post(s)
Liked: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by audacious nick View Post
Then, you're still good. I only posted that as an FYI, not because it was a game-changer. All I care about is that SquareTrade will give me the warranty, because the long-term warranty may save me a great deal of trouble.
The low-ball SquareTraders might also give you more trouble than you bargained for and attempt to pass off a mediocre LCD on you instead of a refund or an OLED replacement if your set fails and is deemed unrepairable. They've made a habit of doing this with plasma owners in any case (F8500). The silver lining is negotiation can typically get you somewhere in most cases.
post #3488 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 05:45 AM

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Thanks for posting. I definitely would only order from an authorized dealer now. When you pay this much for a tv, why risk buying from an unauthorized one? Would have to be a heck of a price difference to take a chance on no warranty.

Quote:
Heads up for all those looking to purchase: LG added a significant number of dealers to the unauthorized dealer list. This includes Cleveland Plasma, iElectrica, and more
post #3489 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 06:11 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
LG just confirmed that Cleveland Plasma is NOT an authorized reseller by listing them at the bottom of the page with all of the other unauthorized resellers.

Cleveland Plasma

wow surprised beach camera is there. I ordered one from them on ebay last week.
post #3490 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1709 Post(s)
Liked: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregF2 View Post
Thanks for posting. I definitely would only order from an authorized dealer now. When you pay this much for a tv, why risk buying from an unauthorized one? Would have to be a heck of a price difference to take a chance on no warranty.
Given that LG has said in the past that all you had to do is be the original purchaser and have the receipt in order to get warranty service, I'm not so sure that I'd spend several hundred extra to buy from a retailer that's listed on the authorized list.

I would bet that the discounters are eating the lunch of the retailers that are abiding by the minimum advertised pricing and LG has to show that they're trying to moderate it by making it sound like you won't have a warranty. If they were serious about it, all they'd have to do is come down hard on the distributors that sell to the discount etailers but you don't see that happening, do you?

So they're walking the fine line of trying to sell as many displays as possible though whatever source and trying to keep the authorized retailers happy.

I do wonder what would happen if someone like Panasonic who exited the US market because they couldn't make a profit using the retail model re entered the market with internet sales only leaving out either middlemen or retailers. Once you consider the brick and mortar stores that are closing, that might be one of the only options some companies will have.
post #3491 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 06:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregF2 View Post
But, there's a problem with that, and the way LG arbitrarily modifies that list. I bought a 55eg9100 back in 2015 from Buydig, who at the time was listed as an authorized dealer. Fast forward a few months and they're no longer on the list. Now they're back on it. Odds are at some point they'll fall off again.

The scary unauthorized dealers section is a new addition for 2017, or late 2016. Adorama was listed as an authorized dealer as recently as June of last year. So someone could have referenced that list and bought a TV still within the manufacturer's warranty from Adorama. . .who is now in the unauthorized list. Similarly, the many people who bought and received OLED's from Echo and Optics and iElectra in previous months now see them on that list, when previously it was about common knowledge that LG authorized warranties from about anywhere.

Doesn't make sense to me that we as consumers need to rely upon the Internet Archive's 'way back machine' (or saving screen caps of their authorized dealers page ourselves) because LG changes it every few months. I get where you're coming from, but LG has a crappy way of eroding confidence thanks to the regular changes to that dealers page.
aypues likes this.
post #3492 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 06:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 198
how exactly are these unauthorized dealers getting these tv's? i mean obviously they are getting them cheap to be able to undercut these chain stores and prices set by lg.
post #3493 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Heads up for all those looking to purchase: LG added a significant number of dealers to the unauthorized dealer list. This includes Cleveland Plasma, iElectrica, and more
Thanks also. I would not have ordered from an unauthorized retailer had they been on the list when I was shopping.
post #3494 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

Cleveland Plasma

ielectria and echo-and-optics are also included in the not authorized list. Does this mean LG wouldnt honor the warranty?

My Setup:
Display : LG OLED65E6P
A/V Receiver : Marantz SR6011
Console: XONE, PS4 Pro
Speakers : SVS Ultra Towers 5.1 & PB2000-NSD Sub
post #3495 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 8
IANAL but I believe that they would need to disclaim a warranty from an unauthorized retailer pretty much in the document in the box. An ambiguous statement on a webpage that it might efect the warranty isn't definite enough for most states.

There's also the fact that electronic companies don't really like to do that in any real numbers. The end result is a bunch of angry customers badmouthing their product all over the net.

I think the list is meant to discourage purchases not disclaim the warranty. The other items on the list tend to support that.
aypues and Madmax67 like this.
post #3496 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 08:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 50
What do you guys think of ABC Warehouse. I know they don't have the greatest reputation, but I haggled the salesman down to a great deal. I like the idea of buying from an authorized dealer, but I was under the impression that for authorized dealers they can only sell the TV's for what LG authorizes them to sell for. I'm not getting any additional warranty from them, planned on getting one from Squaretrade through Costco.
post #3497 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiddie View Post
how exactly are these unauthorized dealers getting these tv's? i mean obviously they are getting them cheap to be able to undercut these chain stores and prices set by lg.

Believe it or not they are frequently buying the products from either the manufacturer or they buy it from authorized retailers. Retailers have a problem with excess inventory because they are still limited by their agreements with the manufacturer as to price. It doesn't apply if they sell to a reseller. Manufacturers will sometimes dump excess inventory outside their normal supply chain to avoid disrupting it.
post #3498 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 64
LG wants high margin stores like Best Buy to carry their TVs so people can go somewhere and see them. They also want to sell as many TVs as possible so they also want the lower margin internet sales to move as many sets as possible.

Problem is that the high margin stores get pissed off when people see others selling the same TV for so much cheaper then they can, so LG tries to keep the low margin volume sales going while placating the high margin stores. This unauthorized list is their attempt to do exactly that.

It says there may be problems with sets bought from these high volume low margin sources but really does not limit service to these sets. It is something to take to Best Buy etc, and say see we support you, and we are cracking down on those low margin fly by nighters. So far it appears to be working.

Also as far as supply, I ordered my set from Ielectra 2/15 it was delivered 2/22 and it was manufactured January 2017. I received it within one month of manufacture, Ielectra's supply seems to be pretty direct to me.
post #3499 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalermo View Post
What do you guys think of ABC Warehouse. I know they don't have the greatest reputation, but I haggled the salesman down to a great deal. I like the idea of buying from an authorized dealer, but I was under the impression that for authorized dealers they can only sell the TV's for what LG authorizes them to sell for. I'm not getting any additional warranty from them, planned on getting one from Squaretrade through Costco.
SLOW DOWN.
I've read that extended warranty purchased from Costco will only cover TVs purchased at Costco or from a manufacturers AUTHORIZED dealer, they'll take your money but may deny service.
Bought mine with a CITI visa card and it added 2years to the manufacturers 1 year warranty for free, total 3 year warranty. Go to your credit cards website and find out what purchase benefits they have - they are different for different cards.
post #3500 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
65E6P back to $2800 from iElectrica on eBay.
post #3501 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 10:18 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
The ST warranties are usually listed in the same box as the price. You can check the box to add it.

After the purchase, you can use this link. There is a pull down menu in the top right corner. Enter your eBay item number and it will show you the available ST warranties.
Thank you. I have bought the warranty from them. Do you know if it's necessary to add receipt info to their website, and what kind of receipt I have to add? (eBay/PayPal)
post #3502 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyy2 View Post
SLOW DOWN.
I've read that extended warranty purchased from Costco will only cover TVs purchased at Costco or from a manufacturers AUTHORIZED dealer, they'll take your money but may deny service.
Bought mine with a CITI visa card and it added 2years to the manufacturers 1 year warranty for free, total 3 year warranty. Go to your credit cards website and find out what purchase benefits they have - they are different for different cards.

ABC Warehouse is an authorized dealer of LG. That's one of the reasons I want to make the purchase, so I can get that squaretrade warranty through Costco.

Also, I do have the Citi card through Costco. I didn't realize they add 2 years warranty coverage. In those cases, is it Costco concierge I would be dealing with for the warranty, or would it be through LG for an additional 2 years? Thanks.
post #3503 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 10:25 AM

Well, I called iElectrica and it seems like they are trying to order several hundred units, but they have not been able to get the stock in. That's why we haven't seen it on sale.
post #3504 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Well, I called iElectrica and it seems like they are trying to order several hundred units, but they have not been able to get the stock in. That's why we haven't seen it on sale.
When does production stop?
post #3505 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
When does production stop?
That information I do not know.
post #3506 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by hershy67 View Post
wow surprised beach camera is there. I ordered one from them on ebay last week.
Beach Camera is an authorized dealer. Not sure if that is what you meant.
post #3507 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalermo View Post
ABC Warehouse is an authorized dealer of LG. That's one of the reasons I want to make the purchase, so I can get that squaretrade warranty through Costco.

Also, I do have the Citi card through Costco. I didn't realize they add 2 years warranty coverage. In those cases, is it Costco concierge I would be dealing with for the warranty, or would it be through LG for an additional 2 years? Thanks.
If it fails I notify/file a claim with CITI. I'm not sure of the details but I don't believe it has anything to do with Costco. If you login to your CITI account you can read more about it there.
post #3508 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanFry View Post
65E6P back to $2800 from iElectrica on eBay.
I got this deal last night. It's already shipped out!
Hoping to do the Discover price match when I find it for less - there was a post about it earlier for $2269 on some sketchy retailer.
Costco squaretrade warranty should work out, if not they will refund your money on the warranty.
post #3509 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
If it fails I notify/file a claim with CITI. I'm not sure of the details but I don't believe it has anything to do with Costco. If you login to your CITI account you can read more about it there.

Great, I will do that, thanks.

For those interested, I have now spoken to 2 different ABC Warehouses and I was offered roughly the same from each which was $2,700 including tax and shipping. I was amazed they were able to do that. I haven't even seen an Unauthorized dealer have that price currently let alone an authorized dealer.

I put a deposit on one yesterday with plans on paying in full tomorrow as long as nothing spooked me during the 48 hours in between.
opideegs likes this.
post #3510 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 12:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2314 Post(s)
Liked: 3174
Quote:
Originally Posted by aypues View Post
I got this deal last night. It's already shipped out!
Hoping to do the Discover price match when I find it for less - there was a post about it earlier for $2269 on some sketchy retailer.
Costco squaretrade warranty should work out, if not they will refund your money on the warranty.
No it won't work, clearly states on Costco.com that the display has to be purchased from an authorized dealer - which most of these great eBay sellers are not with the exception of NewEgg's deals. Here's the link:
https://www.costco.com/.product.11680336.html

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Tags
lg b6 65b6p , lg e6 65e6p 55e6p , lg g6

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page