2016 LG B/C/E/G Series Deals - Page 118 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1064Likes

post #3511 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 12:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by aypues View Post
I got this deal last night. It's already shipped out!
Hoping to do the Discover price match when I find it for less - there was a post about it earlier for $2269 on some sketchy retailer.
Costco squaretrade warranty should work out, if not they will refund your money on the warranty.
How were you notified by ielectrica your e6p shipped out? I have had an order for a 65" that was charged to my credit card yesterday, but I have no email or phoned confirmation of shipping.

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha
Display: LG OLED 65e6p, Player: OPPO UDP-203, AVR:Yamaha TSR 7810, Streaming: Comcast 60Mbps RG6 to Cat6a, Speakers: Mains Vandersteen IIC, Center, Surrounds, Rears Klipsch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3512 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 1
65EOLED Beach Camera

Beach Camera 65EOLED from Friday night just recieved, 701 build. Double boxed, Fedex home delivery so far everything looks good, most up to date Firmware already on it.
post #3513 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 9
If you order from an unauthorized dealer, will LG still offer you the 2-year warranty extension when you register? I think it is about ~$100?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3514 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post
No it won't work, clearly states on Costco.com that the display has to be purchased from an authorized dealer - which most of these great eBay sellers are not with the exception of NewEgg's deals. Here's the link:
https://www.costco.com/.product.11680336.html
I am aware of this already. It doesn't make sense though that LG would honor their own warranty from an "unauthorized retailer" when the list varies day to day. How are you supposed to keep track? what if you buy from an authorized place and then they are put on the bad list after? lol. You could easily argue that at the time the retailer you bought from was authorized. Who even keeps files of what date they add people to the list. it seems crazy.

The price is about 1k less than an authorized retailer (because they also charge sales tax in addition to the $700 higher price), and then i will price match to make it 1.5k lower. that is a lot less. way less. for that much less I am willing to roll the dice. if it breaks in a few years I can put that $1500 toward the prior year oled at the time, which will inevitably be less. I get an extra 1 year warranty with Discover anyway. so I have 2 years for sure. Squaretrade is an added bonus and it might even work. if it doesn't i can get a refund from Costco.

Last edited by aypues; 03-15-2017 at 01:27 PM.
post #3515 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postmoderndesign View Post
How were you notified by ielectrica your e6p shipped out? I have had an order for a 65" that was charged to my credit card yesterday, but I have no email or phoned confirmation of shipping.
I got an email from ebay. it has the shipping estimated delivery date of 3/23 with tracking number from USPS.
post #3516 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
I am aware of this already. It doesn't make sense though that LG would honor their own warranty from an "unauthorized retailer" when the list varies day to day. How are you supposed to keep track? what if you buy from an authorized place and then they are put on the bad list after? lol. You could easily argue that at the time the retailer you bought from was authorized. Who even keeps files of what date they add people to the list. it seems crazy.

The price is about 1k less than an authorized retailer (because they also charge sales tax in addition to the $700 higher price), and then i will price match to make it 1.5k lower. that is a lot less. way less. for that much less I am willing to roll the dice. if it breaks in a few years I can put that $1500 toward the prior year oled at the time, which will inevitably be less. I get an extra 1 year warranty with Discover anyway. so I have 2 years for sure. Squaretrade is an added bonus and it might even work. if it doesn't i can get a refund from Costco.
Get the square trade extended warranty. I'll be shocked if they refuse.
post #3517 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
I got an email from ebay. it has the shipping estimated delivery date of 3/23 with tracking number from USPS.
Thanks for the reply. I ordered directly from ielectra and not via ebay. And I specified white glove delivery.

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha
Display: LG OLED 65e6p, Player: OPPO UDP-203, AVR:Yamaha TSR 7810, Streaming: Comcast 60Mbps RG6 to Cat6a, Speakers: Mains Vandersteen IIC, Center, Surrounds, Rears Klipsch
post #3518 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 01:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2314 Post(s)
Liked: 3174
Quote:

I understand the willingness to take a risk when your getting a great display for $1k or less vs. authorized - sometimes. In the end you've got nothing if they aren't authorized, but given the rate of failures 2 out of 100 - pretty good odds IMO. Hopefully you won't have to find out The list is really hard to keep up with Can't get much plainer then LG clearly listing who isn't authorized, and there are a few surprises on the not authorized list.
http://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddeale...ized_retailers

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff
post #3519 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 01:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
LG just confirmed that Cleveland Plasma is NOT an authorized reseller by listing them at the bottom of the page with all of the other unauthorized resellers.

The following companies are not authorized to sell LG products:

Cleveland Plasma

http://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddeale...ized_retailers
My next TV will not be an LG. What a crock of bubbling crap. What is going on is the other companies selling LG are probably complaining that they can't compete with online retailers who do not accept returns without extra charges. The fact is, legally, LG has to honor their warranty on new products. As long s the product isn't used or stolen, you're protected.

LG just placed Cleveland Plasma on the same level as Joe's A/V. Wow. I don't know what the hell LG thinks this will do: lower sales? This could quite possibly be the stupidest thing I've ever seen an electronics manufacturer do. Not presenting 3D on a $5K set should have been my first clue.
opideegs likes this.
post #3520 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 01:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1854 Post(s)
Liked: 1923
Quote:
Originally Posted by husky403 View Post
Thank you. I have bought the warranty from them. Do you know if it's necessary to add receipt info to their website, and what kind of receipt I have to add? (eBay/PayPal)

If you ever need to make a claim, you will need to upload your receipt. I just do it in the beginning so I don't have to worry about trying to find it later. Your purchase receipt that list the TV model, price, etc.
post #3521 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1854 Post(s)
Liked: 1923
Quote:
I got this deal last night. It's already shipped out!
Hoping to do the Discover price match when I find it for less - there was a post about it earlier for $2269 on some sketchy retailer.
Costco squaretrade warranty should work out, if not they will refund your money on the warranty.

FYI, any TV purchased through eBay can only be covered by a ST warranty purchased through eBay. It's an agreement that eBay has with ST. Others have purchased their ST warranty from Costco and got it to "go through" when registering it in the system, but ST has told me that it won't work come claim time. Another member here got the same info from ST. It's not worth saving $70 or so to find out later when you really need it, that your warranty is no good. Enter at your own risk.
matt310 likes this.
post #3522 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
FYI, any TV purchased through eBay can only be covered by a ST warranty purchased through eBay. It's an agreement that eBay has with ST. Others have purchased their ST warranty from Costco and got it to "go through" when registering it in the system, but ST has told me that it won't work come claim time. Another member here got the same info from ST. It's not worth saving $70 or so to find out later when you really need it, that your warranty is no good. Enter at your own risk.

Do you know if cps warranty are legit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3523 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 138
This is hardly worth mentioning but the B6 at $1399 came back briefly on Adorama through ebay. There were only about 4 in stock and then they went away. I wasn't aware that your credit card had to be linked through paypal to purchase. I kept trying to modify the one I had in there at check out (instead of on paypal's site) and by the time I figured it out, the price had raised and they were gone.

So frustrated
post #3524 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 03:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6781 Post(s)
Liked: 6781
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff43 View Post
The fact is, legally, LG has to honor their warranty on new products. As long s the product isn't used or stolen, you're protected.
Read up on www.ftc.gov , right on the top of the page "Protecting American Consumers"

Quote:
LG just placed Cleveland Plasma on the same level as Joe's A/V. Wow.
Appreciate that.
post #3525 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 04:25 PM

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Why even worry about the legal side of honoring the warranty? In my opinion it is not worth it, just by from an authorized dealer. I would never buy anything from a non authorized dealer that is this expensive.

Quote:
My next TV will not be an LG. What a crock of bubbling crap. What is going on is the other companies selling LG are probably complaining that they can't compete with online retailers who do not accept returns without extra charges. The fact is, legally, LG has to honor their warranty on new products. As long s the product isn't used or stolen, you're protected.

LG just placed Cleveland Plasma on the same level as Joe's A/V. Wow. I don't know what the hell LG thinks this will do: lower sales? This could quite possibly be the stupidest thing I've ever seen an electronics manufacturer do. Not presenting 3D on a $5K set should have been my first clue.
post #3526 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregF2 View Post
Why even worry about the legal side of honoring the warranty? In my opinion it is not worth it, just by from an authorized dealer. I would never buy anything from a non authorized dealer that is this expensive.
Because you save hundreds to thousands of dollars and the warranty, and the way you're treated by LG, will be exactly the same whether you buy it from Best Buy or Cleveland plasma. It makes absolutely zero difference whether you purchase from an authorized dealer or not. Zero.
dhasselbacher and aypues like this.
post #3527 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 05:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Thread at Slick Deals make it sound like they'll honor the "15 month after manufacture" warranty.
post #3528 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 185
[quote=zeus33;51510441]]
Quote:
Finally, it would be helpful if Chris would directly clarify on this forum Cleveland Plasma's status as an "authorized" LG reseller to put this issue to bed, once and for all.
Still good advice in my opinion: "Define yourself before you are defined by others"

Last edited by John1948; 03-15-2017 at 06:03 PM.
post #3529 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 6
[quote=John1948;51535681]
Quote:
]

Still good advice in my opinion: "Define yourself before you are defined by others"

And, buy the way, what exactly is LG's criteria (if any) for selecting its "authorized" resellers?
Who and who doesn't folllow the set retail pricing and schedule, I would assume.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
post #3530 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 06:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 185
[quote=Don_Key_Knutts;51535985]
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1948 View Post
Who and who doesn't folllow the set retail pricing and schedule, I would assume.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I agree. LG is caught between pressure from MAP resellers to maintain retail profit margins and desire to increase its unit volume sales to lower manufacturing costs. If LG were not the only game in town for OLED TVs in 2016 I would have never purchased from them based upon their reputation or customer service.
matt310 likes this.
post #3531 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 06:08 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6781 Post(s)
Liked: 6781
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1948 View Post
Who and who doesn't follow the set retail pricing and schedule, I would assume.
Call up most of the guys on the list and be shocked at how many will sell under UPP pricing.......There are adds, screen prints, flyers, and links all over this thread/slick deals of authorized dealer doing just that. Micro Center flyer comes to mind.
post #3532 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 06:10 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Quote:
Because you save hundreds to thousands of dollars and the warranty, and the way you're treated by LG, will be exactly the same whether you buy it from Best Buy or Cleveland plasma. It makes absolutely zero difference whether you purchase from an authorized dealer or not. Zero.
For warranty claims through LG you may get treated the same, but for screen uniformity issues and such, and not an outright defective TV, the advantage of going through brick and mortar like Best Buy is you can exchange if you get unacceptable DSE/banding/vignetting, etc. and try to get a better one. Not going to be free or easy to swap with these low-priced Internet dealers.
post #3533 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 06:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 23
For those watching, the 65B6 is listed as $2369 (no bundle) on TV Superstore. This is my best price protection evidence since I ordered a week ago.
post #3534 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 07:12 PM

Quote:
good info. I will follow up on just getting it thru ebay then. it says you have 30 days after purchase to add it.
post #3535 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgenius View Post
I have attached the screenshot. It doesn't have the time in the screenshot but it has the file modified date with it hope it helps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubryaj View Post
Thank you! I'm going to give it a try with Chase price protection. We'll see what happens.
Well I tried Chase Price Protection using this screenshot and they rejected it saying it didn't show the sale date. Does anyone else have a screenshot for the C6 55, showing the date after February 8th?
post #3536 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubryaj View Post
Well I tried Chase Price Protection using this screenshot and they rejected it saying it didn't show the sale date. Does anyone else have a screenshot for the C6 55, showing the date after February 8th?

What exactly did they mean by "date"? The date showing on a screen print?

I've never seen an ad with a date except a B&M shop.
aypues likes this.
post #3537 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 08:19 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I went ahead and bought a B6P from Cleveland AV. Happy to support a forum sponsor and price was reasonable. Very excited!

"What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?"
post #3538 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 09:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLED4UNME View Post
For warranty claims through LG you may get treated the same, but for screen uniformity issues and such, and not an outright defective TV, the advantage of going through brick and mortar like Best Buy is you can exchange if you get unacceptable DSE/banding/vignetting, etc. and try to get a better one. Not going to be free or easy to swap with these low-priced Internet dealers.
Yup. That is exactly the difference. However, somewhere in one of the OLED threads, I think someone returned several OLED sets to Best Buy because of the screen issue and Best Buy denied an exchange after so many times. I can't remember if it was three or four but even brick and motor businesses have limitations.
post #3539 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Yup. That is exactly the difference. However, somewhere in one of the OLED threads, I think someone returned several OLED sets to Best Buy because of the screen issue and Best Buy denied an exchange after so many times. I can't remember if it was three or four but even brick and motor businesses have limitations.
Best Buy uses a third-party company called The Retail Equation that makes a determination on whether the exchange or return will be approved based on a whole bunch of variables, including your past purchase history, whether or not you have a receipt, whether or not what you're returning is defective, whether or not you're performing the transaction at the original selling store, the list goes on and on. I'm not sure whether an 'elite' status gets around this, but you can bet after a couple of $3000 exchanges or returns, you'll get flagged. First it's a warning, then you're banned from returning at BBY for 12 months regardless of past purchase history.
post #3540 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
It'll be interesting to see if this holds true going forward. Previously you could just call the LG VIP line and state your concern and they'd either send a tech out or set up a TV swap. Now when you call in (and this may not be every time, but it happened to me recently), you must state where you bought the TV and date of purchase, and the rep will email you a link where you then upload a copy of your receipt to the LG service portal.

I'm not sure to what level this is enforced, but you can bet if they start denying claims based on purchases from their new and lengthy list of unauthorized vendors, they'll get slapped with a class-action lawsuit faster than they can say 'Lucky Goldstar.'
aypues likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Tags
lg b6 65b6p , lg e6 65e6p 55e6p , lg g6

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page