2016 LG B/C/E/G Series Deals - Page 119 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1064Likes

post #3541 of 4533 Old 03-15-2017, 11:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1849 Post(s)
Liked: 1916
Quote:
Originally Posted by opideegs View Post
Do you know if cps warranty are legit

Sorry, I've never heard of them.

This doesn't look good though: https://www.complaintsboard.com/comp...e-c224201.html
gamer113 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3542 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omne View Post
What exactly did they mean by "date"? The date showing on a screen print?

I've never seen an ad with a date except a B&M shop.

Moot point, Chase accepted the price match for the full $500 even with a free mount in the East Coast TV ad. I'm guessing they'll accept the print date on the scanned copy at least. So $2499 for a 65E6P from iElectrica, beats BB's sale price of $3499 plus tax (even with the match I'd be over $3200).

Now all I need is the TV....hopefully by Monday or so.

I'd like to thank everyone on here. Until I started reading this forum I'd never paid much attention to the price match feature.
mttpalmer likes this.

Last edited by Omne; 03-16-2017 at 06:02 AM.
post #3543 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt310 View Post
Best Buy uses a third-party company called The Retail Equation that makes a determination on whether the exchange or return will be approved based on a whole bunch of variables, including your past purchase history, whether or not you have a receipt, whether or not what you're returning is defective, whether or not you're performing the transaction at the original selling store, the list goes on and on. I'm not sure whether an 'elite' status gets around this, but you can bet after a couple of $3000 exchanges or returns, you'll get flagged. First it's a warning, then you're banned from returning at BBY for 12 months regardless of past purchase history.
Elite doesn't help as far as I know. I saw some complaints on the BB forums of elite buyers being banned from returns for various lengths of time. They suggested talking to the people at Best Buy if there is an unusual situation, such as returning a home system because already got one as a gift or something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3544 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 06:09 AM

Quote:
It'll be interesting to see if this holds true going forward. Previously you could just call the LG VIP line and state your concern and they'd either send a tech out or set up a TV swap. Now when you call in (and this may not be every time, but it happened to me recently), you must state where you bought the TV and date of purchase, and the rep will email you a link where you then upload a copy of your receipt to the LG service portal.

I'm not sure to what level this is enforced, but you can bet if they start denying claims based on purchases from their new and lengthy list of unauthorized vendors, they'll get slapped with a class-action lawsuit faster than they can say 'Lucky Goldstar.'
Not to mention the list is new. When I bought my TV there were three names on the list and iElectrica wasn't one of them. If they argue I'm going to go to the mat on it.

Nice to have two family members that are competent attorneys who owe you money......
matt310 and aypues like this.
post #3545 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja00 View Post
Beach Camera is an authorized dealer. Not sure if that is what you meant.
I know, i'm just surprised are actually an authorized dealer
post #3546 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by hershy67 View Post
I know, i'm just surprised are actually an authorized dealer
I see. I knew back in Nov when I bought from Beach Camera that they were an authorized dealer. I am actually surprised that Adorama and Cleveland plasma are on the non authorized list.
post #3547 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 399
I called LG, because a member here could not provide actual evidence when he refuted others, and they stated that the warranty will start on the day of delivery, assuming that you purchased it from a seller that has a physical store. If you purchase it from an individual or an online-only store, then it may not be covered. It depends on what the warranty department determines.

Hope this helps.
post #3548 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audacious nick View Post
I called LG, because a member here could not provide actual evidence when he refuted others, and they stated that the warranty will start on the day of delivery, assuming that you purchased it from a seller that has a physical store. If you purchase it from an individual or an online-only store, then it may not be covered. It depends on what the warranty department determines.

Hope this helps.

I didn't refute "others," I refuted you because you were making false claims. Warranties never start on the day of manufacture for ANY mainstream electronics, regardless of where they come from. Warranties are either valid or they or not. LG doesn't care if you purchase from an authorized seller or not. As long as it is new, from a store (not an individual) and you have a receipt, they will cover it. It has been discussed ad nauseam in this thread. Countless members have reported their conversations with LG confirming it. Lots of others have even posted screen shots of their chats with LG confirming it. I have done it personally. (post attached below) Other members have even confirmed that they have received warranty coverage from LG on their TV that was purchased from a non-authorized seller and the warranty started on the day they received it, not the day it was manufactured.

I'm done with this. If you want to keep believing your own baseless claims, knock yourself out. My facts are backed up repeatedly throughout this thread. Your "claims" have no proof at all. You are making yourself look silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
I'll believe what all of the evidence says. I spoke with LG before and they said no. IF he was, he would be listed with all of the other authorized dealers listed on their site. And just for verification, I asked LG again just now via chat and your boy Jomar told me exactly the same thing. It's been mentioned multiple times that they aren't authorized and Chris has never corrected anyone and said that he was.

It's irrelevant as far as warranty goes, because LG has confirmed multiple times that they don't care and the rep confirmed it again in this chat.

chamjin likes this.

Last edited by zeus33; 03-16-2017 at 11:09 AM.
post #3549 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 296
As a cautious consumer coping with the shifting sands of retail I collected the available information on authorized LG retailers. However between the time I gave my credit card to ielectra and today -before actual delivery- LG moved ielectra from an authorized seller to an unauthorized seller. I am a potential victim of LG trying to manage the war between bricks and mortar and internet drop and ship sellers.

I bought my current plasma from Amazon in 2008 and it has been and is a fine drop ship TV. So, I have a good experience with buying over the internet.

I tried to buy a LG OLED65e6p from Best Buy but they showed out of stock. When I researched Best Buy I found articles stating that Best Buy is quietly shrinking and articles saying they make their money from appliances now. And I visited my local Best Buy a number of times over a few months. I noticed that post Christmas they had little stock, few shoppers and few sales people. They seem to only staff up during sales. When I tried to buy a movie over the internet I was told to go to Best Buys internet address using my cell phone for direct shipping. Then it struck me that Magnolia and Geek Squad seem to be separate co-located businesses.

I declined the extended warranty from ielectra because I seem to have the one year LG warranty. Most problems occur in the first year with electronic products and the LG Oled 65e6p is showing as have a 1-2% failure rate. So, the cost of the extended warranty might be unneeded protection. However, a few years ago I bought a monitor with a flaky history from Frys and got a three year warranty. The monitor died in its third year and Frys gave me a free LCD monitor of my choice. So, the warranty did pay.

So, try to keep up and live with uncertainty. It could be worse. You could be a retailer.

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha
Display: LG OLED 65e6p, Player: OPPO UDP-203, AVR:Yamaha TSR 7810, Streaming: Comcast 60Mbps RG6 to Cat6a, Speakers: Mains Vandersteen IIC, Center, Surrounds, Rears Klipsch

Last edited by Postmoderndesign; 03-16-2017 at 11:17 AM.
post #3550 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 12:02 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Well I pulled the trigger on the 65e6p from ielectrica for $2799. I figure I can price match down to $2599 at worst via eBuy or EastCoast TVs with Citi as that's the current rate. If they slash again in the next month I could get even more off.

For those with successful Citi claims, did you just submit a screen shot from the shady website with the date showing on your PC?
post #3551 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Well, after 3+ months of perseverance, (submitted the initial claim 12/12/16) I finally received approval for my Chase Freedom PP claim. Initially, the claim matched against East Coast TV's, was declined due to the hdmi cable bundled with the 65B6 purchased from iElectrica in October.

After numerous phone calls to Chase, I submitted an appeal showing that the cable was free and didn't affect the tv price that was being matched against East Coast TV's. I also submitted an additional price match from TV Superstores that included a free hdmi cable identical to the iElectrica deal. They chose to use the match from TV Superstores with the cable, and they deducted $0.99 for it. So, I will receive $499.01. Final cost with the refund for the 65B6 was $2,068. Case closed.

Last edited by rono7; 03-16-2017 at 12:50 PM.
post #3552 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by aypues View Post
I am aware of this already. It doesn't make sense though that LG would honor their own warranty from an "unauthorized retailer" when the list varies day to day. How are you supposed to keep track? what if you buy from an authorized place and then they are put on the bad list after? lol. You could easily argue that at the time the retailer you bought from was authorized. Who even keeps files of what date they add people to the list. it seems crazy.

The price is about 1k less than an authorized retailer (because they also charge sales tax in addition to the $700 higher price), and then i will price match to make it 1.5k lower. that is a lot less. way less. for that much less I am willing to roll the dice. if it breaks in a few years I can put that $1500 toward the prior year oled at the time, which will inevitably be less. I get an extra 1 year warranty with Discover anyway. so I have 2 years for sure. Squaretrade is an added bonus and it might even work. if it doesn't i can get a refund from Costco.
Hmmm, for a limited time I'll sell you a contract at 1/2 the Costco price, with a 24 hour response/72 hour fix time. If I don't respond I'll even refund all of your money.

With my liability limited to returning your money I'll sell as many as I can to whoever I can.

think about it.......

or you can check your credit card policy, I bought my OLED with a CITI VISA card and CITI adds 2 year extension to the manufacturers warranty - for no added charge. Check your cards website.
post #3553 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I received my 65" E6P from last Friday's Beach Camera (eBay) sale. I placed the order Friday night at 1130PM. Shipping notification Sunday. Delivered on Thursday to Pittsburgh PA area. It would have been delivered Wednesday but appartenly the snow store kept it in NJ an extra day. It's a 702 (Feb 2017) build. Was double boxed just like everyone else is reporting. I have not turned it on yet, but will hopefully get time tonight to do so. I do plan on just enjoying it, and not looking for flaws....I did so with my 55" EG9100 and still love it.

Right now I have a screen shot from TV Superstore for 2569 for a 230 CITI Price Rewind. I'm holding off hoping for more in the coming weeks, time will tell. Thanks to all that contribute!
post #3554 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsarnak View Post
Well I pulled the trigger on the 65e6p from ielectrica for $2799. I figure I can price match down to $2599 at worst via eBuy or EastCoast TVs with Citi as that's the current rate. If they slash again in the next month I could get even more off.

For those with successful Citi claims, did you just submit a screen shot from the shady website with the date showing on your PC?
Yes the screen shot needs to show the date, and it can't be before the date you purchased the TV or they will deny it. Also include the receipt from the dealer, the credit card statement (either hardcopy or screen shot of the page with the TV charge on it clearly listed), the price rewind claim form and you should be good.
jtsarnak likes this.
post #3555 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhasselbacher View Post
Yes the screen shot needs to show the date, and it can't be before the date you purchased the TV or they will deny it. Also include the receipt from the dealer, the credit card statement (either hardcopy or screen shot of the page with the TV charge on it clearly listed), the price rewind claim form and you should be good.
Make sure you receive a confirmation email about a successfully submission of price rewind claim with a Claim reference number. This email you should get in first few days. If you dont, please call them. they will ask you to resubmit again.

this happened to me. I never received the price rewind refund and had to call them if there are any issues. The rep said that they never received the documents for the claim. And i had to resubmit them again. FYI
dhasselbacher likes this.

My Setup:
Display : LG OLED65E6P
A/V Receiver : Marantz SR6011
Console: XONE, PS4 Pro
Speakers : SVS Ultra Towers 5.1 & PB2000-NSD Sub
post #3556 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 02:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Quote:
It'll be interesting to see if this holds true going forward. Previously you could just call the LG VIP line and state your concern and they'd either send a tech out or set up a TV swap. Now when you call in (and this may not be every time, but it happened to me recently), you must state where you bought the TV and date of purchase, and the rep will email you a link where you then upload a copy of your receipt to the LG service portal.

I'm not sure to what level this is enforced, but you can bet if they start denying claims based on purchases from their new and lengthy list of unauthorized vendors, they'll get slapped with a class-action lawsuit faster than they can say 'Lucky Goldstar.'
Very lame of LG. I've gotten service from Samsung over the years, and they never asked to even see a receipt, let alone upload one to a website. As long as I registered the TV for warranty online, that was good enough. I could buy Samsung TV's and if nothing was wrong with them, there was no need to register for warranty, so when I would sell them, whoever bought the TV from me could register for the warranty. I think Samsung only cared who was the first person to register for warranty, and not necessarily the first person who actually purchased the TV new.
post #3557 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Price matching seekers: 65" E6P on eBuy USA and East Coast TVs down to 2499 when added to cart. FYI. Wondering if CITI Rewind will still take a screen shot of the discounts applied in the cart?
chamjin likes this.
post #3558 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 02:51 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Quote:
By screenshot showing the date, you mean where you pull up your computer's clock showing the time and date? I am unaware of any other way to verify the date on these Internet ads.
post #3559 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 4303 Post(s)
Liked: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1948 View Post
I agree. LG is caught between pressure from MAP resellers to maintain retail profit margins and desire to increase its unit volume sales to lower manufacturing costs. If LG were not the only game in town for OLED TVs in 2016 I would have never purchased from them based upon their reputation or customer service.
The customer service on the OLEDs has been average to above average actually. You'd have trouble getting better from any of the other major manufs.
post #3560 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 03:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Received the TV, box looks to be in good condition. Not going to open it since I'm moving to a new place in 2 weeks.

Overall, very happy. $2850 for the TV, Mount and 5 year Extended Warranty.

Icing on the cake will be if I can get the $500 Chase deal on top.
post #3561 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff43 View Post
Yup. That is exactly the difference. However, somewhere in one of the OLED threads, I think someone returned several OLED sets to Best Buy because of the screen issue and Best Buy denied an exchange after so many times. I can't remember if it was three or four but even brick and motor businesses have limitations.
Quote:
Best Buy uses a third-party company called The Retail Equation that makes a determination on whether the exchange or return will be approved based on a whole bunch of variables, including your past purchase history, whether or not you have a receipt, whether or not what you're returning is defective, whether or not you're performing the transaction at the original selling store, the list goes on and on. I'm not sure whether an 'elite' status gets around this, but you can bet after a couple of $3000 exchanges or returns, you'll get flagged. First it's a warning, then you're banned from returning at BBY for 12 months regardless of past purchase history.
He's probably referring to me. I am not so sure they even ran me through the Retail Equation, but they suggested I go through LG after the 3rd try for a pronounced vertical band (who deemed the TV within specs, which thankfully evened out over time) even with Elite Plus status. LG had previously approved me for a RMA through Best Buy for a fugly EF9500, so this is probably another reason BB decided to pass me on to LG. Fiending a 77" this year before all the 3D OLEDs vanish, I couldn't justify fiddling with Best Buy again knowing I probably wouldn't have much leeway in the returns dept if I was unsatisfied, so I saved thousands and took my chances with VE.
post #3562 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 03:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I'm pretty sure I was asked to forward a receipt via email back in 2015, so it sounds like they've streamlined the process at least.
matt310 likes this.
post #3563 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 04:17 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rono7 View Post
Well, after 3+ months of perseverance, (submitted the initial claim 12/12/16) I finally received approval for my Chase Freedom PP claim. Initially, the claim matched against East Coast TV's, was declined due to the hdmi cable bundled with the 65B6 purchased from iElectrica in October.

After numerous phone calls to Chase, I submitted an appeal showing that the cable was free and didn't affect the tv price that was being matched against East Coast TV's. I also submitted an additional price match from TV Superstores that included a free hdmi cable identical to the iElectrica deal. They chose to use the match from TV Superstores with the cable, and they deducted $0.99 for it. So, I will receive $499.01. Final cost with the refund for the 65B6 was $2,068. Case closed.
wow grats. good work. first time i read chase matched PP claim w/ free bundle, makes me feel better.
post #3564 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 18
i see Joe's AV has 65E6 for $2395

http://www.joesav.com/LG-LED-HDTV-p/...d7oaAmeW8P8HAQ
post #3565 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLED4UNME View Post
By screenshot showing the date, you mean where you pull up your computer's clock showing the time and date? I am unaware of any other way to verify the date on these Internet ads.
Yes that is correct. I have a Windows 7 laptop, so I just did an entire desktop screen shot with Chrome open and showing the www.tvsuperstores.com page with the 65E6P, and it clearly showed the time and date in the lower right corner of the Win 7 desktop.
post #3566 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
The customer service on the OLEDs has been average to above average actually. You'd have trouble getting better from any of the other major manufs.
I agree, unless you prefer consistent or accurate information, follow up on submitted questions or fluency in the English language.
post #3567 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
He's probably referring to me. I am not so sure they even ran me through the Retail Equation, but they suggested I go through LG after the 3rd try for a pronounced vertical band (who deemed the TV within specs, which thankfully evened out over time) even with Elite Plus status. LG had previously approved me for a RMA through Best Buy for a fugly EF9500, so this is probably another reason BB decided to pass me on to LG. Fiending a 77" this year before all the 3D OLEDs vanish, I couldn't justify fiddling with Best Buy again knowing I probably wouldn't have much leeway in the returns dept if I was unsatisfied, so I saved thousands and took my chances with VE.
So, how hard did you push LG? I am having the vertical banding issue, got an email saying they wanted a tech out here to video conference with LG and then, when I called and they reviewed the photos I sent, they told me over the phone it was "within specs". Told them I prefer a tech out here to look and decide with them. I think I'll try the "I want to return the TV" due to it's poor performance, see what they do. I bought from Dell, an authorized dealer that only allows returns within 30 days and, obviously, that ship has sailed.

In the end, I would like LG to inspect a panel to make sure it's a better panel before replacing...don't care if it's a EG9600 or C6P, just want the banding to be less of an issue. Not eliminated necessarily, I get it, but mine makes it tough to watch at times. I've had the thing since June and there is no difference.
post #3568 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
I didn't refute "others," I refuted you because you were making false claims. Warranties never start on the day of manufacture for ANY mainstream electronics, regardless of where they come from. Warranties are either valid or they or not. LG doesn't care if you purchase from an authorized seller or not. As long as it is new, from a store (not an individual) and you have a receipt, they will cover it. It has been discussed ad nauseam in this thread. Countless members have reported their conversations with LG confirming it. Lots of others have even posted screen shots of their chats with LG confirming it. I have done it personally. (post attached below) Other members have even confirmed that they have received warranty coverage from LG on their TV that was purchased from a non-authorized seller and the warranty started on the day they received it, not the day it was manufactured.

I'm done with this. If you want to keep believing your own baseless claims, knock yourself out. My facts are backed up repeatedly throughout this thread. Your "claims" have no proof at all. You are making yourself look silly.
I've checked a few times myself with LG and they told me each time they will honor the 1 year manufacturer's warranty regardless of where it's purchased, as long as you bought it new, have the receipt, and they verify the serial number.

On a related note, which 2 year extended warranty would you buy (and others please chime in too) between the following:

LG Premium Care 2 year for $100
eBay Square Trade 2 year for $75 for eBay purchased TVs

Any thoughts on whether service would be better among the 2 or if either would possibly deny coverage on a TV purchased from a "non-authorized" dealer like iElectrica on eBay?
post #3569 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 07:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
On a related note, which 2 year extended warranty would you buy (and others please chime in too) between the following:

LG Premium Care 2 year for $100
eBay Square Trade 2 year for $75 for eBay purchased TVs

Any thoughts on whether service would be better among the 2 or if either would possibly deny coverage on a TV purchased from a "non-authorized" dealer like iElectrica on eBay?

Did you check your credit card benefits? Some cards offer extended warranty coverage for free. I have a Chase and a Discover card that both extend the warranty for 1 extra year. My Citi card extends it for 2 extra years for free.

As for the "non-authorized" scenario, ST covered a camera for me that wasn't from an authorized seller. No questions asked.
post #3570 of 4533 Old 03-16-2017, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:

Here's the thing, I have no problem with being wrong. I just want evidence when you claim that I am wrong, because what you're stating directly contradicts what others have personally experienced when they actually had an issue with a device. And actually dealt with the LG warranty department. This is a lot more meaningful than some person on the internet claiming that others are wrong, but not providing personal experience with having dealt with the WARRANTY DEPARTMENT. The problem I have with you is that you make vague claims and use fallacies, but you're quick to hypocritically call other statements "baseless." Especially when the "baseless" claim came directly from a representative from LG (which, I guess, is no proof at all? ). The very same source that your information came from. Meaning there is ambiguity in what the representatives say, and why actually dealing with the department that deals with warranties is a bit crucial. I asked you for your personal experience with the warranty department, I have yet to get it. Meaning that your information is just as "baseless" as mine, because it comes from the same source. Also, there you go again with fallacies. This time, an ad hominem fallacy. You just can't get away from using them, can you?

So, don't shoot down someone else's claim until you have personal experience. That is how you make "yourself look silly." Especially when your definition of "fact" directly contradicts the denotative meaning of the word.
Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Tags
lg b6 65b6p , lg e6 65e6p 55e6p , lg g6

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page