2016 LG B/C/E/G Series Deals - Page 122 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1064Likes

post #3631 of 4533 Old 03-20-2017, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 50
For those that are familiar with Citi's price rewind, the form that I filled out just requested the signed form, receipt of purchase, and a copy of the cheaper ad, it didn't say anything about sending in a statement showing the purchase. I feel like that is something they can look up if they want, but it seems like most of you are including that for other PP cards. Do you think I should have included it?

Also, I faxed it over Friday, at what point would you expect I should receive some sort of confirmation that they received it and are working on it? Would I get any confirmation of receipt or would I only find out once it goes through or is denied?

PS Tv is beyond amazing. So happy I decided to buy one and return my Samsung KS8000. The C6 is plenty bright and so far flawless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3632 of 4533 Old 03-20-2017, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalermo View Post
For those that are familiar with Citi's price rewind, the form that I filled out just requested the signed form, receipt of purchase, and a copy of the cheaper ad, it didn't say anything about sending in a statement showing the purchase. I feel like that is something they can look up if they want, but it seems like most of you are including that for other PP cards. Do you think I should have included it?

Also, I faxed it over Friday, at what point would you expect I should receive some sort of confirmation that they received it and are working on it? Would I get any confirmation of receipt or would I only find out once it goes through or is denied?

PS Tv is beyond amazing. So happy I decided to buy one and return my Samsung KS8000. The C6 is plenty bright and so far flawless
They will ask for the statement or a screenshot from your account showing the Credit card charge.

You should be getting an email within a day with Subject [Important information regarding your Citi card Benefits Request -XXXX Case Number]

If you dont get this email in couple of days, give them a call.
chamjin likes this.

My Setup:
Display : LG OLED65E6P
A/V Receiver : Marantz SR6011
Console: XONE, PS4 Pro
Speakers : SVS Ultra Towers 5.1 & PB2000-NSD Sub
post #3633 of 4533 Old 03-20-2017, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpacemanFry View Post
Just checked my claim with Chase Sapphire Reserve price protection for my 65E6 and it's been approved and check is in the mail. Took them a little longer than I thought it would but I didn't get any pushback or have any issues. I made sure to include my eBay iElectrica confirmation, the posted entry from the Chase card, and the cheaper price screenshot from ebuyusa with the calendar showing date.
nice, submitted my chase claim on the 15th. right now its status is pending with "Your claim is in the final review process. You will be notified of the final decision within 5 business days."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3634 of 4533 Old 03-20-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark hunter View Post
They will ask for the statement or a screenshot from your account showing the Credit card charge.

You should be getting an email within a day with Subject [Important information regarding your Citi card Benefits Request -XXXX Case Number]

If you dont get this email in couple of days, give them a call.

Thanks for the info
post #3635 of 4533 Old 03-20-2017, 04:26 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel View Post
I got it at $2700, so this is the full $500 FOR ME as I indicated. Not sure what the point of your post was... I think we can all do the basic math to figure out our own situations.
Let me quote you, "For anyone that jumped on the 65" B6 recently, TVSuperStores has it listed right now at 2198." I stated in response to this that many people got it for $2,4999 recently, so it would need to be lower to help them. Then, I further went to help others by pointing out the lower price of the E6 that will activate their $500 PP.
Hope this helps.
post #3636 of 4533 Old 03-20-2017, 10:37 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1948 View Post
Where is the LG service center in MN that is authorized for TV repair? My search on LG.com did not turn up any LG service center that is authorized for TV repair in MN.

Thank you.
Plaza TV on Robert Street in West St. Paul.

http://www.lg.com/us/support/repair-...nter/-34266200
John1948 likes this.
post #3637 of 4533 Old 03-21-2017, 04:29 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Close to the full $500 for those credit card price protecting a $2499 OLED65B6P. TVSuperStores - $2,029.
post #3638 of 4533 Old 03-21-2017, 05:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
I did it all online. Here's the link to file a new claim for price protection.

https://www.mycardbenefits.com/

I pricematched to tvsuperstores.com, just took a screenshot and sent that along with my paypal invoice that clearly showed Echo and the billing statement for the sears card. So basically those 3 things. All through email but you can mail it too of course. Took about 2 weeks and then another week to get the check. Easier than I thought it would be.
Unfortunately mine was limited to $250 only but better than nothing.
My price protection claim on my C6 was approved on my Sears Mastercard Platinum, using a lower price from eBuyUSA, but unfortunately, they limited mine to $250 as well. Looks like I will be limited to $250 on my Sony 940D price protection claim too, since I used the same card. Bummer. Time to ditch this (Citi) Sears Mastercard and start using a regular Citi Card so I can get $500 max per claim. In fact, I guess I am going to have to get several credit cards going so I can price match several more TV's per card each year. Gotta finance my Z9D and A1E needs somehow or another.
post #3639 of 4533 Old 03-21-2017, 10:29 AM

These Tv's really are amazing deals when you factor in the price protection. I would think the credit card companies would start cracking down on this stuff eventually, the prices are obviously coming from shady places.

Also, I wonder if there are any cards out there that offer more than $500 per price protection.
post #3640 of 4533 Old 03-21-2017, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLED4UNME View Post
My price protection claim on my C6 was approved on my Sears Mastercard Platinum, using a lower price from eBuyUSA, but unfortunately, they limited mine to $250 as well. Looks like I will be limited to $250 on my Sony 940D price protection claim too, since I used the same card. Bummer. Time to ditch this (Citi) Sears Mastercard and start using a regular Citi Card so I can get $500 max per claim. In fact, I guess I am going to have to get several credit cards going so I can price match several more TV's per card each year. Gotta finance my Z9D and A1E needs somehow or another.
Jeez, how many tvs does one man NEED? Isn't that a bit strong?
post #3641 of 4533 Old 03-21-2017, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by ll Viper ll View Post

That's like asking how many guns and cars a man needs...
post #3642 of 4533 Old 03-21-2017, 03:09 PM

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 114
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threefiddie View Post
That's like asking how many guns and cars a man needs...

LG 65C7p | Sony PS3 | Sony PS4 | Apple Ariport Express | Emotiva UMC-200 | Parasound HCA2003a | Parasound HCA1000a x 2 | Monster HTS3500 | AC Infinity Aircom T8 x 2 | NHT 1.5 | NHT VS2 | NHT Super Ones | SVS SB16 Ultra w/ sound isolation feet | Harmony Elite | Salamander Venice 237 | Sound Anchors Cone Coasters | Vibrapods
post #3643 of 4533 Old 03-21-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:

I believe Elvis had 14 of them, including the bathrooms.
post #3644 of 4533 Old 03-21-2017, 04:11 PM

Quote:
These Tv's really are amazing deals when you factor in the price protection. I would think the credit card companies would start cracking down on this stuff eventually, the prices are obviously coming from shady places.

Also, I wonder if there are any cards out there that offer more than $500 per price protection.
Looks like $500 is the highest according to nerdwallet and wallethub.
post #3645 of 4533 Old 03-21-2017, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hershy67 View Post
nice, submitted my chase claim on the 15th. right now its status is pending with "Your claim is in the final review process. You will be notified of the final decision within 5 business days."
My claim was filed on the 6th and they cut the check on the 15th. Quick turn around.
post #3646 of 4533 Old 03-21-2017, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked: 451
Quote:

I never mentioned anything about keeping them all. I already sold my C6, before the price protection refund was even issued, for an $80 profit. So with price protection refund of $250, I guess I got paid $330 to watch an LG OLED for 6 weeks. Perhaps I will buy another 2016 LG OLED and repeat the process. Came very close to buying another this past weekend. With max $100 eBay bucks offer, if those Internet dealers would have just lowered their prices $50 or $100 more I would have bitten.
post #3647 of 4533 Old 03-21-2017, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omne View Post
Plaza TV on Robert Street in West St. Paul.

http://www.lg.com/us/support/repair-...nter/-34266200
Thank you!
post #3648 of 4533 Old 03-21-2017, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Pulled the trigger on the 65E6 on Saturday at Ielectra e-bay for 2799. Shipped on Monday & projected delivery is next Monday. Looks like either TV Superstore or eBuy USA will let me claim the $500 price protection from Discover Card. Can't wait to get this in. Replacing a 50" Panny plasma, which will be moved to the BR.
aypues likes this.
post #3649 of 4533 Old 03-21-2017, 08:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironfoot995 View Post
Pulled the trigger on the 65E6 on Saturday at Ielectra e-bay for 2799. Shipped on Monday & projected delivery is next Monday. Looks like either TV Superstore or eBuy USA will let me claim the $500 price protection from Discover Card. Can't wait to get this in. Replacing a 50" Panny plasma, which will be moved to the BR.
Hey Guy,

My 50" Panny still looks great so I'm really interested in hearing your impressions once your "Big E" gets set up. I'm primarily curious about how much brighter it is and how does the motion handling compare.

Still loving the plasma PQ, but a 65" 4K set with comparable blacks and viewing angles sounds like a compelling reason to upgrade.

I'd be much appreciated to hear back from you.

I think, therefore I am single.
post #3650 of 4533 Old 03-22-2017, 07:12 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 854 Post(s)
Liked: 645
Quote:

Sadly I think this will come. I mean hell - they only require a screen shot of a site with a lower price. You could work up a "web page" showing any price you want in about 2 minutes with a modicum of PS skills. You think they actually visit the URL (assuming you even include that)? I doubt it.

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
post #3651 of 4533 Old 03-22-2017, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PannyMann View Post
Hey Guy,

My 50" Panny still looks great so I'm really interested in hearing your impressions once your "Big E" gets set up. I'm primarily curious about how much brighter it is and how does the motion handling compare.

Still loving the plasma PQ, but a 65" 4K set with comparable blacks and viewing angles sounds like a compelling reason to upgrade.

I'd be much appreciated to hear back from you.
I have a few posts on this over the past month or so. I came from a Panasonic 55VT50 and bought the 65E6. OVerall, I like the E6, but that is mostly because it's bigger and the wall I have it on is huge, so the plasma looked too small on that wall. As for my overall impression...I would have to say that the Panny is still better. I watch a lot of sports and the motion is much better to me on the plasma. I can see many more imperfections in motion and picture, which is of course due to the cable signal and the increase in size, but what that really tells me is that it's not worth paying almost 3k for tech that isn't readily usable yet. What I mean by that is that there isn't enough 4k content yet to make it worth it.

As I said, I "like" the TV, but don't believe that it is a value at the price point, especially with regards to the lack of native content. My suggestion is that if you're TV isn't broken, wait a little longer. If sports was being broadcast in 4k, I think that I would have a different opinion.

-RS
post #3652 of 4533 Old 03-22-2017, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS1990 View Post
I have a few posts on this over the past month or so. I came from a Panasonic 55VT50 and bought the 65E6. OVerall, I like the E6, but that is mostly because it's bigger and the wall I have it on is huge, so the plasma looked too small on that wall. As for my overall impression...I would have to say that the Panny is still better. I watch a lot of sports and the motion is much better to me on the plasma. I can see many more imperfections in motion and picture, which is of course due to the cable signal and the increase in size, but what that really tells me is that it's not worth paying almost 3k for tech that isn't readily usable yet. What I mean by that is that there isn't enough 4k content yet to make it worth it.

As I said, I "like" the TV, but don't believe that it is a value at the price point, especially with regards to the lack of native content. My suggestion is that if you're TV isn't broken, wait a little longer. If sports was being broadcast in 4k, I think that I would have a different opinion.
@RS1990

Thanks for the feedback, especially since I'm an avid sports fan. Sounds like the increased resolution makes imperfections more visible. Sounds like I can wait for now.

Are you seeing an increase in birightness ? And does size matter ?

I think, therefore I am single.
post #3653 of 4533 Old 03-22-2017, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:

Even the high-end JP Morgan Reserve card (the all metal one) caps each incident at $500 and $2500 total per calendar year.
post #3654 of 4533 Old 03-22-2017, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS1990 View Post

Exact same situation here. I purchased the 65E6P a month ago to replace my Panny 55VT50 (now moved to another room). I miss the plasma picture when I'm watching DirecTV on the E6P because it's built to show 4K content and it shows the imperfections of the 720 and 1080 signal. The standard HD content always looked glorious on the Panny, as it does on my older 2 Panny plasmas (TH-37PX60U and TH-50PX60U). The plasmas are indeed better for sports but I have yet to watch any sports in 4K on the OLED. That's where missing the plasma ends though. Once you've seen 4K content from Amazon or Netflix, and even 4K clips on YouTube you realize just how special the E6P is and you wish you could watch everything in UHD. The Grand Tour on Amazon is just sick, and Iron Fist in Dolby Vision on Netflix is crazy good. I have yet to watch any 4k blurays because I haven't purchased a player, but I'm anticipating jaw dropping experiences once that happens.

I think the E6P is an awesome value at $2,299 like I paid net of Citi price rewind, but I wouldn't say the same paying full retail for the 2017 version at $6K. For that much $$ I would want more content but for the price I paid it was indeed worth it. The good news for me is when I want to watch sports I can just go upstairs and fire up the 55VT50 and enjoy the warm plasma picture with perfect motion and lifelike colors.

The E6P is definitely brighter than any of my old Panny plasmas, and I say that only watching the OLED on Cinema, ISF bright or dark modes after some minor tweaks. So if you need a brighter set for a well lit room the OLEDs are more than sufficient IMO.
RS1990 likes this.
post #3655 of 4533 Old 03-22-2017, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsarnak View Post
My 65E6P came this morning! AM Trucking delivered it. I was surprised it wasn't double boxed, just in the regular LG box. Two guys carried in and I tipped them $20 upfront and asked them to bring it to my basement. They were great about unboxing it and getting it powered up. Everything looks great screen-wise and looks like a Dec 2016 build. I had to run back to work but I can't wait to get it all set up and check out some content.
Still waiting for mine. Ordered on the 15th, due date on the AM trucking site is now 3/30. Ugh. How many days did it take to get yours?

"I believe that only scientists can understand the universe. It is not so much that I have confidence in scientists being right, but that I have so much in nonscientists being wrong." - Isaac Asimov
post #3656 of 4533 Old 03-22-2017, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonkey View Post
Still waiting for mine. Ordered on the 15th, due date on the AM trucking site is now 3/30. Ugh. How many days did it take to get yours?
I got the iElectrica 65E6 deal on ebay and it came to me in 2 days! there are 2 shipments though, which I forgot. One is the tv and the other is their little "thank you" hdmi cable which is trackable. the tv wasn't trackable. I just got a call saying they had a tv for me.
post #3657 of 4533 Old 03-22-2017, 12:29 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 19
AM Trucking was the worst. I nearly cancelled my order with iElectrica because of them. Took me over 3 weeks to get my TV.

Quote:
post #3658 of 4533 Old 03-22-2017, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PannyMann View Post
@RS1990

Thanks for the feedback, especially since I'm an avid sports fan. Sounds like the increased resolution makes imperfections more visible. Sounds like I can wait for now.

Are you seeing an increase in birightness ? And does size matter ?
There is an increase in brightness, but I generally have to turn it down to dark room anyway or it burns my eyeballs out. So in that regard I set it to basically the same as the plasma. For me the size was a big difference. As I said, my room is huge lengthwise, so the wall it's on is just a huge open wall and the 55 actually looked small on the wall. The 65 "fits" much better.

-RS
post #3659 of 4533 Old 03-22-2017, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
I ordered mine on March 16th via the eBay listing, it arrived March 20th. I was shocked at how fast it came. I'm in Monmouth County NJ if that helps give you a frame of reference.
post #3660 of 4533 Old 03-22-2017, 03:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked: 296
I ordered my LG Oled 65e6p on the 12th and AM trucking brought to Atlanta it today 3/22. I played a few minutes of Fury Road and found 3D to be amazing. Even over the air is a step up from my 58" Panasonic plasma. I got a new clearstream Eclipse Sure Grip antenna and that seem to help. I watch little sports so motion is not an issue.

LG has a learning curve. I will still be getting everything set up next week.

Anál nathrach, orth’ bháis’s bethad, do chél dénmha
Display: LG OLED 65e6p, Player: OPPO UDP-203, AVR:Yamaha TSR 7810, Streaming: Comcast 60Mbps RG6 to Cat6a, Speakers: Mains Vandersteen IIC, Center, Surrounds, Rears Klipsch

Last edited by Postmoderndesign; 03-22-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Tags
lg b6 65b6p , lg e6 65e6p 55e6p , lg g6

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page