2016 LG B/C/E/G Series Deals - Page 68 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1064Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2011 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 06:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Sevenfeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,526
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked: 382
As of this morning (Jan 11th), the 55B6 is back to being priced at $1999 both at Best Buy and Electronic Express (a regional authorized brick and mortar dealer here in Tennessee where I got my set).
dankfoot likes this.
Sevenfeet is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2012 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
gossamer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 526
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Oh my...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272285039375

65" C6 for $2618.95

LG OLED 65C7P • Apple TV 4K • Roku Ultra 2018 • Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray • LG UP970 UHD BD
Denon X3400H AVR • Paradigm Cinema 110 CT Speaker System
gossamer88 is offline  
post #2013 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
bootymonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 665
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 349 Post(s)
Liked: 264
55B6 $1550 - $100 with code CGAMEDAY10 = $1450 (plus 1% eBay bucks plus 1% Mr rebates or whatever Cashback you like plus 1% cc cash back or whatever your card gives).

Use code on previous post deal also if that interests you.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/LG-OLED55B6P-F...69096?NAV=HOME


Same for 55C6
http://m.ebay.com/itm/LG-OLED55C6P-C...830?nav=SEARCH

Last edited by bootymonger; 01-11-2017 at 08:43 AM.
bootymonger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2014 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 09:14 AM
Senior Member
 
ja00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn997 View Post
Getting a little nervous... seller didn't return my phone call, and only email I have gotten promises to look into my order. Hopefully eBay buyer protection is good..
What form of payment did you use?
ja00 is offline  
post #2015 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 09:17 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 51
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 9
saw 65 B6 at Abes for $2186 shipped
HoustonRider is offline  
post #2016 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 09:51 AM
Newbie
 
cdoobiest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootymonger View Post
55B6 $1550 - $100 with code CGAMEDAY10 = $1450 (plus 1% eBay bucks plus 1% Mr rebates or whatever Cashback you like plus 1% cc cash back or whatever your card gives).

Use code on previous post deal also if that interests you.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/LG-OLED55B6P-F...69096?NAV=HOME


Same for 55C6
http://m.ebay.com/itm/LG-OLED55C6P-C...830?nav=SEARCH
This is so tempting. 4 Year Square Trade 169.99. Debating if worth it for the price and buying through ebay dealer. They seem reputable from previous posts. Wondering if Citi rewind would work with ebay purchases also.
cdoobiest is offline  
post #2017 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 10:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoobiest View Post
This is so tempting. 4 Year Square Trade 169.99. Debating if worth it for the price and buying through ebay dealer. They seem reputable from previous posts. Wondering if Citi rewind would work with ebay purchases also.
also thinking about doing the same thing with a 65"C6. i wouldn't worry too much about the buyer protection. you have eBay protection (which is top notch), the square trade warranty, and the warranty from the dealer.

plus with the $100 with the ebay code?....very tempting to say the least..
closure520 is offline  
post #2018 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 10:23 AM
Member
 
MoggSquad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
As long as I get Congress' approval (my g/f) I am going to pull the trigger. Seller feedback is great, does anyone have a reason not to buy from them? Also, can I buy a warranty (Square trade) after the purchase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootymonger View Post
55B6 $1550 - $100 with code CGAMEDAY10 = $1450 (plus 1% eBay bucks plus 1% Mr rebates or whatever Cashback you like plus 1% cc cash back or whatever your card gives).

Use code on previous post deal also if that interests you.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/LG-OLED55B6P-F...69096?NAV=HOME


Same for 55C6
http://m.ebay.com/itm/LG-OLED55C6P-C...830?nav=SEARCH
slapshot likes this.
MoggSquad is offline  
post #2019 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 10:28 AM
Newbie
 
cdoobiest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoggSquad View Post
As long as I get Congress' approval (my g/f) I am going to pull the trigger. Seller feedback is great, does anyone have a reason not to buy from them? Also, can I buy a warranty (Square trade) after the purchase?
From previous posts, purchases from ebay must be made at time of sale for squaretrade warranties. If you have Citi card, they extend original warranty x 24 months. Anyone know if credit card will honor price drop for ebay purchases? Might make deal slicker!
cdoobiest is offline  
post #2020 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 10:50 AM
Member
 
Hjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Franklin, TN
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoobiest View Post
From previous posts, purchases from ebay must be made at time of sale for squaretrade warranties. If you have Citi card, they extend original warranty x 24 months. Anyone know if credit card will honor price drop for ebay purchases? Might make deal slicker!

Not for ebay but Discover matched East Coast TV price of 2700.00 for me. Originally paid $3200.00. Final delivered price on OLED E6P -- $2700.00
Hjohn is offline  
post #2021 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 10:52 AM
Member
 
elonepb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by closure520 View Post
also thinking about doing the same thing with a 65"C6. i wouldn't worry too much about the buyer protection. you have eBay protection (which is top notch), the square trade warranty, and the warranty from the dealer.

plus with the $100 with the ebay code?....very tempting to say the least..
Incredibly tempting, almost pulled the trigger. But everything in me says to just wait for a decent deal at a B&M store to be sure it's an authorized dealer as well as my ability to return it the same day was an option. All of the feedback from this seller is great but I still think I'll just hold off for peace of mind.
elonepb is offline  
post #2022 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 12:19 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I used a discover card
Thrawn997 is offline  
post #2023 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 12:21 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ja00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn997 View Post
Getting a little nervous... seller didn't return my phone call, and only email I have gotten promises to look into my order. Hopefully eBay buyer protection is good..
What form of payment did you use?
Discover card...
Thrawn997 is offline  
post #2024 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 01:17 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Update: looks like my TV has shipped via FedEx although the listing had said they would use AM Trucking. Given the posting says not to sign for delivery until inspecting item, that should be interesting...
Thrawn997 is offline  
post #2025 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 01:40 PM
Member
 
MoggSquad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Do you mean purchase the Squaretrade and TV in the same single transaction?

I want to buy the TV using one payment method and the squaretrade on another, I'm assuming in separate transactions, but can still buy it via Ebay regardless.

This link seems to indicate it's ok to purchase separately http://pages.ebay.com/buyerprotectio...tml?rmvSB=true

Quote:
Originally Posted by rono7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rono7 View Post
update: thought I'd contact Squaretrade again today just to verify in case I got misinformation. They told me again that if you want a ST warranty and you bought the TV from eBay, the warranty must be also bought from eBay to be valid. And the warranty starts at the 1st day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270826537619
http://www.ebay.com/itm/270826537283
MoggSquad is offline  
post #2026 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 01:44 PM
Newbie
 
Thursdayle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: NC
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
[quote=bootymonger;49784041]55B6 $1550 - $100 with code CGAMEDAY10 = $1450 (plus 1% eBay bucks plus 1% Mr rebates or whatever Cashback you like plus 1% cc cash back or whatever your card gives).

Use code on previous post deal also if that interests you.



Same for 55C6


Is there sales tax on ebay? It's been a while since I bought anything on Ebay. lol. Also, I wonder if a Chase Freedom Card would honor the $150 back on the first $500 spent when you open a new card. Also it has Interest free for 15 months. It's tempting as I dont have the funds to pull the trigger but will be able to pay it off in a few months. I have that crazy itch for an OLED and it needs scratched! I too would need to get it to pass congress ( Wife )...lol.
Thursdayle is offline  
post #2027 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,159
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1847 Post(s)
Liked: 1914
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursdayle View Post
Is there sales tax on ebay?.

Depends on the seller. If they are located in your state or have a store in your state, then yes. Otherwise, no.
zeus33 is online now  
post #2028 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 02:17 PM
Member
 
rono7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 177
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoggSquad View Post
Do you mean purchase the Squaretrade and TV in the same single transaction?

I want to buy the TV using one payment method and the squaretrade on another, I'm assuming in separate transactions, but can still buy it via Ebay regardless.

This link seems to indicate it's ok to purchase separately http://pages.ebay.com/buyerprotectio...tml?rmvSB=true
I don't believe you have to buy both at the same time. I had already purchased the TV when I inquired about the ST warranty with them directly.
rono7 is offline  
post #2029 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
gossamer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 526
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 298 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Depends on the seller. If they are located in your state or have a store in your state, then yes. Otherwise, no.
I noticed the eBay listing I posted earlier has no mention of where they're from. I'm from NY and was wondering the same thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272285039375

LG OLED 65C7P • Apple TV 4K • Roku Ultra 2018 • Oppo BDP-103 Blu-ray • LG UP970 UHD BD
Denon X3400H AVR • Paradigm Cinema 110 CT Speaker System
gossamer88 is offline  
post #2030 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,159
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1847 Post(s)
Liked: 1914
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
I noticed the eBay listing I posted earlier has no mention of where they're from. I'm from NY and was wondering the same thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272285039375

Yeah, I hate when they do that. It should be required to be listed.

However, Echo and Optics is located in NY. Here's another listing from them with the location listed: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-OLED65B6P...AAAOSwa~BYQE~g
zeus33 is online now  
post #2031 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 02:30 PM
Member
 
elonepb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer88 View Post
I noticed the eBay listing I posted earlier has no mention of where they're from. I'm from NY and was wondering the same thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272285039375
That's odd because another posting of theirs shows them in Brooklyn, NY: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-OLED55C6P...-/272285031830
elonepb is offline  
post #2032 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 03:50 PM
Senior Member
 
idividebyzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 21
They say in the shipping terms "We ship from multiple locations in the USA. Where we ship from is dependent on location of the unit and may not be the warehouse closest to you." So the warehouse with the TV may or may not be in Brooklyn.

If you go through their sale history they were selling the 65" B6 for $2,249 less than 30 days ago. I would not buy a 65" from them at that price, I bet they'll drop it to at least $2,300 for the Superbowl.

Quote:
Is there sales tax on ebay? It's been a while since I bought anything on Ebay. lol. Also, I wonder if a Chase Freedom Card would honor the $150 back on the first $500 spent when you open a new card. Also it has Interest free for 15 months. It's tempting as I dont have the funds to pull the trigger but will be able to pay it off in a few months. I have that crazy itch for an OLED and it needs scratched! I too would need to get it to pass congress ( Wife )...lol.
If they are a real business and you buy from the state they are based in then yes, and given how much stuff they sell they would have to be a real business that needs to collect tax. Chase Freedom is a really great card if you can pay off in full every month, its the only method of payment I use and I get like 20 bucks in cashback each month. Because of the high amount of cashback they do the interest rate is really high and not for people who dont pay off in full each month, if you cant pay off the TV in 15 months you are going to be hit with mega interest fees.
idividebyzero is offline  
post #2033 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 04:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 6
What's the scoop on East Coast TV's. Are they a hack? $2569 for a 65e6p looks awful yummy.
Jamie Goldsmith is offline  
post #2034 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 04:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
zeus33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,159
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1847 Post(s)
Liked: 1914
Quote:
Originally Posted by idividebyzero View Post
They say in the shipping terms "We ship from multiple locations in the USA. Where we ship from is dependent on location of the unit and may not be the warehouse closest to you." So the warehouse with the TV may or may not be in Brooklyn.

But they do have a location in Brooklyn, so regardless of where the TV is shipped from, they "should" be charging NY residents tax.
zeus33 is online now  
post #2035 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 04:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gorilla Killa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Next in line for a coveted Red Button
Posts: 3,025
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1488 Post(s)
Liked: 2145
@MoggSquad , @Thursdayle instead of Congress use an Executive Order, it really simplifies things like this
Gorilla Killa is online now  
post #2036 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 05:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Goldsmith View Post
What's the scoop on East Coast TV's. Are they a hack? $2569 for a 65e6p looks awful yummy.
The consensus seems to be that they are a scam who will try to upsell you and then cancel if you don't play along

Cleveland AV is the best deal you can get with someone you can call (no returns though) for eBay the best deals you can mostly trust is echo and optics

I wish walmart sold these TVs, I'd buy it from them, use it feb, march April and then return it for a full refund...and then get a new OLED TV from Sony in May
draxinum is offline  
post #2037 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by draxinum View Post
The consensus seems to be that they are a scam who will try to upsell you and then cancel if you don't play along

Cleveland AV is the best deal you can get with someone you can call (no returns though) for eBay the best deals you can mostly trust is echo and optics

I wish walmart sold these TVs, I'd buy it from them, use it feb, march April and then return it for a full refund...and then get a new OLED TV from Sony in May
I thought Walmart changed it's electronics return policy to 14 days?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
mehdis82 is offline  
post #2038 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 06:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Walmart policy still says 90 days for TVs on the website, but maybe it's misleading

Last edited by draxinum; 01-11-2017 at 06:38 PM.
draxinum is offline  
post #2039 of 4533 Old 01-11-2017, 07:27 PM
Member
 
MoggSquad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 63
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Ok, ordered the 55" c6p for $1450 and purchased 4 year squaretrade. Just have to figure out how to apply the warranty.

Super excited, anyone know the average shipping time on these tv's? New York to Utah.
MoggSquad is offline  
post #2040 of 4533 Old 01-12-2017, 06:02 AM
Member
 
chrisnfullefct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have experience with Abes of Maine? 65" B6 for $2,299
http://www.abesofmaine.com/LG_Signat...V_1029964.html

The 65" C6 is $2,199
http://www.abesofmaine.com/LG_Signat...V_1030500.html
chrisnfullefct is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Tags
lg b6 65b6p , lg e6 65e6p 55e6p , lg g6

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off