2016 LG B/C/E/G Series Deals - Page 75 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1064Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2221 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Member
 
csviegas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rono7 View Post
No paperwork in the box. I submitted the eBay transaction which does not indicate any HDMI cable. (from my invoice). Sent them an email to contest their decision due to the cable being free. Still waiting for their response.
Thanks. Hope they approve it this time.
csviegas is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2222 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 10:19 AM
Senior Member
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 42
iElectrica has the 55 B6 for a great price if anyone's looking.
Already have a 55" E6 myself, should have picked up the 65" version, and just might if these deals get even better for that size.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-Electroni...948?rmvSB=true
slapshot is offline  
post #2223 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 15,366
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4352 Post(s)
Liked: 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivmania2010 View Post
So, for any doubters out there, here is the official rebate check from freeshipping dot com on my LG OLED65C6P purchase from ABT back in 11-26-16.
My Discover card $500 price protection check also came in the mail last Saturday.
2799-500-560= $1739 tax free.
Anyone who didn't have faith, may want to re-think using freeshipping later this year when BF/CM rolls around again.
That check contains account and routing numbers at the bottom (like all checks). It's not very hard to get money out of the account with that information. I wouldn't have posted a picture of it on the interwebz.

Last edited by Stereodude; 01-18-2017 at 10:37 AM.
Stereodude is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2224 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 10:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Shark hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
Posts: 286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Does the purchases made on ebay.com using credit cards; would they show up on the credit card statement as a EBAY/Paypal transaction or with the Seller's name.

My Setup:
Display : LG OLED65E6P
A/V Receiver : Marantz SR6011
Console: XONE, PS4 Pro
Speakers : SVS Ultra Towers 5.1 & PB2000-NSD Sub
Shark hunter is offline  
post #2225 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 10:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 2
anyone know why currently the 65B6 is $600 cheaper at iElectrica than the 65C6? i'm looking to get the 65C6, but a $600 price difference is insane after they were nearly identical for some time..
closure520 is offline  
post #2226 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 10:40 AM
Senior Member
 
idividebyzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark hunter View Post
Does the purchases made on ebay.com using credit cards; would they show up on the credit card statement as a EBAY/Paypal transaction or with the Seller's name.
it says PAYPAL *STORENAME
idividebyzero is offline  
post #2227 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 10:44 AM
Member
 
rono7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Southeastern PA
Posts: 177
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark hunter View Post
Does the purchases made on ebay.com using credit cards; would they show up on the credit card statement as a EBAY/Paypal transaction or with the Seller's name.
My CC statement listed it as PAYPAL IELECTRA and the company telephone#
rono7 is offline  
post #2228 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 10:50 AM
Senior Member
 
Shark hunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
Posts: 286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by rono7 View Post
My CC statement listed it as PAYPAL IELECTRA and the company telephone#
having merchant name as PAYPAL shouldn't have any issues with price protection claim?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

My Setup:
Display : LG OLED65E6P
A/V Receiver : Marantz SR6011
Console: XONE, PS4 Pro
Speakers : SVS Ultra Towers 5.1 & PB2000-NSD Sub
Shark hunter is offline  
post #2229 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 11:00 AM
Senior Member
 
idividebyzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 399
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rono7 View Post
No paperwork in the box. I submitted the eBay transaction which does not indicate any HDMI cable. (from my invoice). Sent them an email to contest their decision due to the cable being free. Still waiting for their response.
The problem is it says bundle in the item name. I really doubt they will approve it, items need to be exactly the same, your best hope is to find a place also bundling an HDMI cable. It probably even says in the terms that bundles arent eligible.
idividebyzero is offline  
post #2230 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 5,204
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2647
Quote:
Originally Posted by boolay View Post
East Coast Tvs has 65c6p for $1895.00 for 14hrs more, is it worth buying from them?

$1847.00 with code
If you feel a need to have to ask that question about a seller in the first place then the answer should always be no! Use them for price matching only or be prepared to get jacked around by them or Abe's. Caveat Emptor.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
post #2231 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 11:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 5,204
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2647
Quote:
Originally Posted by closure520 View Post
anyone know why currently the 65B6 is $600 cheaper at iElectrica than the 65C6? i'm looking to get the 65C6, but a $600 price difference is insane after they were nearly identical for some time..
The lower pricing was their bundle deal with the HDMI cable. The higher was just the TV on its own. Least that's what it showed that other day when I was looking on Ebay.

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
post #2232 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 11:58 AM
Member
 
jaybone909's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Unboxed my OLED55B6P last night from Adorama via Amazon. The packaging was very good. They boxed up the original box with their own and it wasn't dented or ripped. Nothing looks damaged and I didn't notice any dead pixels or any other defects. PQ is amazing! The only potential issue I've noticed is when connected to my PC, I notice some tiny white dots flickering on and off when the screen area is black. I didn't notice it on my PS4 or MKV movie via external HD. I still have to update to latest firmware, break it in and test some more.

Still waiting on a reply from Citibank to see if they'll refund me the difference. So far, I'm happy with my purchase
mttpalmer likes this.
jaybone909 is offline  
post #2233 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 12:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I purchased the 65C6P from ielectria from their ebay store for $2399 on Monday. Due to my stupidity, I did not get the $100 off for using PayPal. Ielectria's website has different (higher) pricing than their ebay store.

LG OLED 65C6P
Pioneer PDP-6070HD
Pioneer SC-1523-K
Klipsch RG-81 II, RC-62 II, & RW-12 II
LuckyBogey is offline  
post #2234 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 12:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
The lower pricing was their bundle deal with the HDMI cable. The higher was just the TV on its own. Least that's what it showed that other day when I was looking on Ebay.
here is the 65C6 for $2979 (including HDMI cable)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-OLED65C6P...wAAOSwEzxYOjNs

and there was a 65B6 for $2399 (including HDMI cable)

i just double checked again and now it is out of stock. so within a few hours they either sold out of it, or realized it was a posting error. because a nearly $600 price difference for a pretty much identical tv seemed pretty outrageous..
closure520 is offline  
post #2235 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Sevenfeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,527
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 383
I'm keeping watch for a 65E6P since I'm thinking not to wait for the 2017s. What's interesting is that the pricing from official retailers for the 65" products is biasing itself toward discounting curved sets and not 3D although both technologies will be discontinued for 2017 (bigger price drop on the C6 vs. the E6 at Best Buy and elsewhere)

ClevelandAV seems to be the leader in the club house among the authorized retailers. It doesn't seem like Best Buy will touch their pricing nor will Electronic Express here locally in TN (they only price match to local retailers). After that, it's the eBay retailers (iElectrica, Echo&Optics) whose pricing mirrors ClevelandAV. And then there's the really low (suspiciously low) retailers East Coast TVs and eBuyUSA which strikes me a little as buying from "Guy's Groovy Grab Bag" but less than $2500 for a 65E6P is sorely tempting. I'm not sure how they are doing it if ClevelandAV is saying that $3K is their cost for the set right now.

Super Bowl week should be interesting to see if any other deals shake loose. After that I reckon it's waiting until closeout time in March/April where inventory can get scarce for certain models.
Sevenfeet is offline  
post #2236 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 01:22 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post
I'm keeping watch for a 65E6P since I'm thinking not to wait for the 2017s. What's interesting is that the pricing from official retailers for the 65" products is biasing itself toward discounting curved sets and not 3D although both technologies will be discontinued for 2017 (bigger price drop on the C6 vs. the E6 at Best Buy and elsewhere)

ClevelandAV seems to be the leader in the club house among the authorized retailers. It doesn't seem like Best Buy will touch their pricing nor will Electronic Express here locally in TN (they only price match to local retailers). After that, it's the eBay retailers (iElectrica, Echo&Optics) whose pricing mirrors ClevelandAV. And then there's the really low (suspiciously low) retailers East Coast TVs and eBuyUSA which strikes me a little as buying from "Guy's Groovy Grab Bag" but less than $2500 for a 65E6P is sorely tempting. I'm not sure how they are doing it if ClevelandAV is saying that $3K is their cost for the set right now.

Super Bowl week should be interesting to see if any other deals shake loose. After that I reckon it's waiting until closeout time in March/April where inventory can get scarce for certain models.
I'm with you on this....I was quoted $3,200.00 for the E6 by Cleveland AV and will probably go with them. EBuyUSA has it listed for under $2,400.00 but after checking the online reviews I am steering clear of them.
jasnh is offline  
post #2237 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 5,204
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2647
Quote:
Originally Posted by closure520 View Post
here is the 65C6 for $2979 (including HDMI cable)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-OLED65C6P...wAAOSwEzxYOjNs

and there was a 65B6 for $2399 (including HDMI cable)

i just double checked again and now it is out of stock. so within a few hours they either sold out of it, or realized it was a posting error. because a nearly $600 price difference for a pretty much identical tv seemed pretty outrageous..
Right, it's changed since then as on the 16th they were identically priced. I believe they had an end date of the 16th on Ebay as well so they probably looked at their stock afterwards and sold more C6's than B6's and chose to keep the B6 at the lower price longer. That's my guess from being in retail and that's just supply and demand so nothing outrageous there as long as they honoured the pricing up until its original end date which I believe they did. I decided to wait it out some more but that's on me I know. Just playing off of past TV sales histories. Hope you get another shot at the C6 at a price you're happy with soon.👍

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html
Madmax67 is offline  
post #2238 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 02:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
Right, it's changed since then as on the 16th they were identically priced. I believe they had an end date of the 16th on Ebay as well so they probably looked at their stock afterwards and sold more C6's than B6's and chose to keep the B6 at the lower price longer. That's my guess from being in retail and that's just supply and demand so nothing outrageous there as long as they honoured the pricing up until its original end date which I believe they did. I decided to wait it out some more but that's on me I know. Just playing off of past TV sales histories. Hope you get another shot at the C6 at a price you're happy with soon.👍
just talked to Chris at Cleveland Plasma. it's looking like $2600 now. as far as i can tell from following these forums and price trends the past few weeks, i feel that's about as best you can now coming from a reputable, honorable retailer at the best price. there's just something about iElectrica and Echo and Optics after speaking with them that i feel uneasy about. people might have had good experiences, but Chris seems like he genuinely cares for his customers and wants to give the best deal for both him and the customer.
closure520 is offline  
post #2239 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 02:36 PM
Senior Member
 
rflor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafrd View Post
Got mine in California on Friday after placing my order on Monday...
I pulled the trigger on a 65" C series via CP over the weekend (TV+warranty+Denon 2300W == Great deal!), and it shipped Monday via AG systems

I live in the NW Chicago burbs, and AG's tracker is saying it won't show until next Monday. Seems odd to me that it would take a week for a TV to get from Cleveland to Chicago.
rflor is offline  
post #2240 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member
 
bootymonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 680
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by boolay View Post
East Coast Tvs has 65c6p for $1895.00 for 14hrs more, is it worth buying from them?

$1847.00 with code
Code paycheck? That means you will wire money instead of using a credit card, which is a terrible idea because you lose the extra warranty and price protection the cc gives you. Also, the count down resets every day, so it's not anything to worry about. It's just another lame high pressure sales tactic to go along with the upsell phone call you'll get if you order from them. Use forum search for countless warnings about bait and switch or upsells from East Coast.
fafrd, mttpalmer and Madmax67 like this.
bootymonger is offline  
post #2241 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Madmax67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mckinney,Texas
Posts: 5,204
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2352 Post(s)
Liked: 2647
Quote:
Originally Posted by closure520 View Post
just talked to Chris at Cleveland Plasma. it's looking like $2600 now. as far as i can tell from following these forums and price trends the past few weeks, i feel that's about as best you can now coming from a reputable, honorable retailer at the best price.
I understand. You can always try to price match against ECTV's or Abe's if you're paying with a card that has price matching guarantee. Other than that the price paid will soon fade from memory and you'll be left with a great TV picture to watch day after day.

Quote:
there's just something about iElectrica and Echo and Optics after speaking with them that i feel uneasy about. people might have had good experiences, but Chris seems like he genuinely cares for his customers and wants to give the best deal for both him and the customer.
Yeah, in the end spend your money where you feel most comfortable. I had customers who bought a car from me even though my dealer was a few hundred dollars more than the BHOTB (biggest whore on the block) but they knew I had been there for years(20 +) and would take care of them during and after the sale. Others bought elsewhere because they thought we should have been lower than another dealer they hadn't bought from before even coming in at the same price. Those were head shakers for me but human nature is a funny thing sometimes. At the end of the day do what works for you and that's always "the best deal."

Chane A5 towers,Chane A2.4 center,RBH bipole side surrounds, Rythmik LV12R x2,Denon X4300H, Outlaw 5000,Front B speakers: Wharfedale Diamond 10.1 books. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-part-ii.html

Last edited by Madmax67; 01-18-2017 at 02:45 PM.
Madmax67 is offline  
post #2242 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 15,366
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4352 Post(s)
Liked: 3090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post
ClevelandAV seems to be the leader in the club house among the authorized retailers.
ClevelandAV isn't an authorized retailer. They're just like the rest of the drop shippers. That's not to say you shouldn't buy from them, but I don't get the pedestal they've been put on vs. other retailers in the same boat.
Stereodude is offline  
post #2243 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Sevenfeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,527
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
ClevelandAV isn't an authorized retailer. They're just like the rest of the drop shippers. That's not to say you shouldn't buy from them, but I don't get the pedestal they've been put on vs. other retailers in the same boat.
My bad, I thought they were. I think the issue is with ClevelandAV is that they have been active in this forum and pretty proactive with this user community which scores them lots of points. Still, I have to wonder what the wholesale pricing difference is between Cleveland and East Coast TV & eBuyUSA. It's not insignificant, but customer service does matter...a lot.
Sevenfeet is offline  
post #2244 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 06:59 PM
Member
 
marino454's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
ClevelandAV isn't an authorized retailer. They're just like the rest of the drop shippers. That's not to say you shouldn't buy from them, but I don't get the pedestal they've been put on vs. other retailers in the same boat.
Agreed but I think the pedestal is kind of deserved given that they run a no BS operation that ultimately saves people the headache of dealing with places like East Coast and Abe's and the like...
fhschellenberg likes this.
marino454 is offline  
post #2245 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 08:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcclure16 View Post
I've been going back and forth on both of these sets. Which would you recommend to someone who can't decide?

Man, this B6 is gorgeous and definitely gives off a special picture. Better than the Vizio for sure. That being said, it kind of comes down to your budget and overall value. If 3k is a drop in the bucket, then go for it. But if you could use the 1300 dollars or so you save with the Vizio P, then go Vizio. It is a premium set and more than holds it own against the LG. I'm most likely returning the B6 and keeping the Vizio. Still undecided.
cubarican84 is offline  
post #2246 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 09:55 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 76
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubarican84 View Post
Man, this B6 is gorgeous and definitely gives off a special picture. Better than the Vizio for sure. That being said, it kind of comes down to your budget and overall value. If 3k is a drop in the bucket, then go for it. But if you could use the 1300 dollars or so you save with the Vizio P, then go Vizio. It is a premium set and more than holds it own against the LG. I'm most likely returning the B6 and keeping the Vizio. Still undecided.


Where did you buy the B6?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jspeak32 is offline  
post #2247 of 4533 Old 01-18-2017, 11:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Sevenfeet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,527
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Liked: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax67 View Post
I understand. You can always try to price match against ECTV's or Abe's if you're paying with a card that has price matching guarantee. Other than that the price paid will soon fade from memory and you'll be left with a great TV picture to watch day after day.
OK, let me understand how this works. If I understand it...

1. Call ClevelandAV and get quote for TV.

2. Buy TV with price matching credit card (Discover, Chase Freedom or Sapphire)

3. Take receipt and apply for price match with credit card company citing East Coast TV, eBuyUSA or Abe's.

4. Profit??? Did I miss anything?
Sevenfeet is offline  
post #2248 of 4533 Old 01-19-2017, 12:52 AM
Senior Member
 
matt310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 301
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post
OK, let me understand how this works. If I understand it...

1. Call ClevelandAV and get quote for TV.

2. Buy TV with price matching credit card (Discover, Chase Freedom or Sapphire)

3. Take receipt and apply for price match with credit card company citing East Coast TV, eBuyUSA or Abe's.

4. Profit??? Did I miss anything?

You're essentially buying from the lowest-priced reputable dealer and then hedging against shadier operations who sell for a lower list price but then try to upsell in the after-sale realm via insurance, warranty, white-glove nonsense and the like. The sweet spot is maximizing what your credit card allows in terms of price protection over a given period of time (typically 60-90 days). The maximum is $500 on most cards. So if you buy say, a 65B6P for $2500 and another, higher-risk retailer sells it for $2000, theoretically you would get back the $500 difference if the claim is approved. It works, for the most part, but there's a list of stipulations that could result in the 'claim' being denied. It has to be the exact item purchased and then offered at a lower price. 'Bundles' - which offer the SAME product but ADDITIONAL items like an HDMI cable are oftentimes denied. It's a roll of the dice and if done correctly, your #4 becomes valid.
bootymonger and Madmax67 like this.
matt310 is offline  
post #2249 of 4533 Old 01-19-2017, 03:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Wetumpka, AL
Posts: 17,407
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1709 Post(s)
Liked: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenfeet View Post
OK, let me understand how this works. If I understand it...

1. Call ClevelandAV and get quote for TV.

2. Buy TV with price matching credit card (Discover, Chase Freedom or Sapphire)

3. Take receipt and apply for price match with credit card company citing East Coast TV, eBuyUSA or Abe's.

4. Profit??? Did I miss anything?
You left out 5. If this scheme doesn't work, that you were ok with the price you paid.

I think its a matter of time when these credit cards figure out which etailers have the lowball price and then upsell you. Those will be on an exclusion list.
Madmax67 likes this.
JimP is offline  
post #2250 of 4533 Old 01-19-2017, 06:54 AM
 
tgm1024's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Maybe ⅓ of the way from here to there.
Posts: 10,026
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2589 Post(s)
Liked: 2312
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnfullefct View Post
Anyone have experience with Abes of Maine? 65" B6 for $2,299
http://www.abesofmaine.com/LG_Signat...V_1029964.html

The 65" C6 is $2,199
http://www.abesofmaine.com/LG_Signat...V_1030500.html
Will you guys PLEASE start googling around AND reading the return policy carefully?

Here is from NBC (in 2012, so it's dated, but if you google around and add "scam" to the search you'll see a lot of hits):

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ho...g-scams-742267

From the article above:
Abe’s of Maine
When researching this article the name Abe’s of Maine kept popping up, so we refer to them as the poster child bad online dealers.
tgm1024 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Tags
lg b6 65b6p , lg e6 65e6p 55e6p , lg g6

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off