LG OLED65B6P made in Mexico - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #31 of 97 Old 02-20-2020, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5808 Post(s)
Liked: 4162
Quote:
Originally Posted by oRIDDLERo View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I already had the CC company put a memo in the system that this could be a bad transaction. Whats the best way to tell a 77" C8 from a C9? (assuming the sticker on the back had been changed) physical differences, settings menu?

Edit: Just found this link, its pretty obvious from the back of the display: https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/comp...-lg-c9/600/802

Ill print this out to have handy on delivery (assuming it ever comes) lol
Go into Settings, General, About tv and click on tv information. It will tell you if it is a C9, the serial number, hours of use, etc. You will never know if it's a used tv because one can reset the tv with a service remote to show zero hours. Check for burn in with a red slide. If you can see burn in, you will know it's a used tv. You can do that via the youtube app, and just search for 100 hours red HD screen. It will be a full screen red image. Red is the best color to check for burn in.

Last edited by wxman; 02-20-2020 at 12:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 97 Old 02-20-2020, 01:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
Go into Settings, General, About tv and click on tv information. It will tell you if it is a C9, the serial number, hours of use, etc. You will never know if it's a used tv because one can reset the tv with a service remote to show zero hours. Check for burn in with a red slide. If you can see burn in, you will know it's a used tv. You can do that via the youtube app, and just search for 100 hours red HD screen. It will be a full screen red image. Red is the best color to check for burn in.
very good info, thank you! I will add this to my checklist. So far I have:

+Watch an unboxing video (I want to see the proper way to do this)

+Remove the film off the front of the screen and inspect for scratches or cracks on the screen.

+Look for Dead pixels with YouTube video.

+ Go into Settings, General, About tv and click on tv information. It will tell you if it is a C9, the serial number, hours of use, etc. You will never know if it's a used tv because one can reset the tv with a service remote to show zero hours.

+Check for burn in with a red slide. If you can see burn in, you will know it's a used tv. You can do that via the youtube app, and just search for 100 hours red HD screen. It will be a full screen red image. Red is the best color to check for burn in.
Carlton Bale likes this.
post #33 of 97 Old 02-20-2020, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 5808 Post(s)
Liked: 4162
Quote:
very good info, thank you! I will add this to my checklist. So far I have:

+Watch an unboxing video (I want to see the proper way to do this)

+Remove the film off the front of the screen and inspect for scratches or cracks on the screen.

+Look for Dead pixels with YouTube video.

+ Go into Settings, General, About tv and click on tv information. It will tell you if it is a C9, the serial number, hours of use, etc. You will never know if it's a used tv because one can reset the tv with a service remote to show zero hours.

+Check for burn in with a red slide. If you can see burn in, you will know it's a used tv. You can do that via the youtube app, and just search for 100 hours red HD screen. It will be a full screen red image. Red is the best color to check for burn in.
I have read that sometimes the 77 inch doesn't have a film on it. But there is one on the back that needs to be removed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 97 Old 02-23-2020, 08:09 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Update: So, I ordered in November, they never charged me and never shipped it. I changed the credit card number, so they cant charge later. I called every 2 weeks and they always claim to be waiting on the unit and they will ship it as soon as it is available (lol).

Yesterday i ordered from another gray market shop: silverstarav.com @ 3499, no shipping, no tax (on a secondary card for ease of card cancellation if it goes south). This time they DID charge the card and swear it will be delivered by next week. He also tried to bain and switch to the "Mexico 10-Bit model for 4200 but I declined and said just send me "subpar" 77oledc9 at the price agreed. It looks like he is going to actually send it this time... haha.

Anyhow, as long as everyone here is in agreement that a OLED77C9PUB is a OLED77C9PUB and there are no sub-par components this looks like it could be a win. The condiditon is NEW (not refurb), sealed, and they will come in the house and turn on the TV prior to me signing off for delivery. What do i look for upon delivery?
  • Bad Pixels
  • verify SN/ modal in the settings?

Thanks!
Edit:
Sorry I hadnt noticed the date of your post, I assume you are still waiting for delivery.
I wrote the following before I realized the dates.

So, if you know they were lying about the Made in Mexico vs Asia nonsense and then ordered from them anyway how did it end up, did you get the tv?
Did everything work out?
Is this still ongoing?
Personally once I knew they were making stuff up about quality from one country vs another I would have run, so I am curious to see how it works out.
post #35 of 97 Old 02-23-2020, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumper View Post
Edit:
Sorry I hadnt noticed the date of your post, I assume you are still waiting for delivery.
I wrote the following before I realized the dates.

So, if you know they were lying about the Made in Mexico vs Asia nonsense and then ordered from them anyway how did it end up, did you get the tv?
Did everything work out?
Is this still ongoing?
Personally once I knew they were making stuff up about quality from one country vs another I would have run, so I am curious to see how it works out.
First place (back in November) was a dud. They never charged me and never shipped the TV. I changed the CC number right after ordering to ensure no funny business down the road. I followed up every 2 weeks for almost 4 months and they always answer the phone right away and still swear they are going to ship it out just as soon as they have inventory... I got tired of waiting so i tried a new place (this is kind of fun)

Second place, I ordered it last Thursday, this time they charged my CC right away (i take this as a good sign). He did try hard to push the whole good vs. bad parts up-sell, but i kindly refused and ask him to ship me the "sub-par" C9 at the quoted price w/ no shipping and no tax. (lol) I called my CC company to let them know this could turn out to be a bad transaction and it was noted in their system in the even this goes south. I also made sure to use a backup CC (not my primary) to minimize the stress of having to re-link my auto pay accounts (the first time I used my primary CC and it was a bit of a hassle re-linking everything).

I did notice something interesting this time: The invoice from place #1 and place #2 were exactly the same format, and they both had "SYNERGY TVS" at the top. When i asked the guy he played dumb and "did not know" who Synergy TVs was. https://www.synergytvs.com/ is the FIRST place i ordered from! Riiiight. I think the price i paid on the first try, (3000 all in) was too low for them to proceed with the transaction, the second time (under a different name) (3500 all in) was just enough to give them a tiny profit, enough to proceed with shipping. They never charged me the first time because they never had the intention of shipping it at that price.

Anyhow, i'm going to call him again tomorrow and see what i can get out of him as far as a tracking # and carrier info. If i had to bet, i think i'm going to get the TV this time, i'll just have to make sure to cover all my bases before accepting the delivery.
post #36 of 97 Old 02-27-2020, 02:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Any updates on this? I was thinking about buying a tv from silverstarav.com too, but wasn't sure if they're legit or not. Please let me know how your order turns out.
post #37 of 97 Old 02-29-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thachnguyen74 View Post
Any updates on this? I was thinking about buying a tv from silverstarav.com too, but wasn't sure if they're legit or not. Please let me know how your order turns out.
Silver Star, ABC TV, are NOT legit (been there done that) Pretty and i'm sure they are the same people w/ different names. They will try to bait and switch you, then if you insist on the low price they WILL take your order, but never charge you or ship it and the order will permanently be in limbo. I actually still have an order in with them (from November) that they swear they are going to ship one day(LOL)! My new ordered C9 77" is set to be delivered tomorrow... ill let you know how it goes,

Last edited by oRIDDLERo; 02-29-2020 at 01:42 PM.
post #38 of 97 Old 03-01-2020, 09:39 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
. . .they both had "SYNERGY TVS" at the top. When i asked the guy he played dumb and "did not know" who Synergy TVs was. https://www.synergytvs.com/
That Synergy TV website is abysmal. Not sure why they even bother to throw up a site if they aren't going to put any effort in at all. I hope you get your TV and it's perfect, but this site looks way too sketchy to me.
post #39 of 97 Old 03-01-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraderGregg View Post
That Synergy TV website is abysmal. Not sure why they even bother to throw up a site if they aren't going to put any effort in at all. I hope you get your TV and it's perfect, but this site looks way too sketchy to me.
Update: TV arrived this morning (1 week after ordering). 77" C9 success @ 3500 no tax no shipping. C9 SN matched box to sticker to software. 0 hours use time in settings. Sealed, No Burn in, no dead pixels. Already got it mounted up! If anyone wants to know where to get and the method lmk.

TV IS AMAZING!!!!!!!

Adam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200301_093341.jpg
Views:	1117
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	2692054   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200301_125507.jpg
Views:	907
Size:	950.4 KB
ID:	2692056   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200301_160025.jpg
Views:	932
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	2692058  
post #40 of 97 Old 03-02-2020, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Update: TV arrived this morning (1 week after ordering). 77" C9 success @ 3500 no tax no shipping. C9 SN matched box to sticker to software. 0 hours use time in settings. Sealed, No Burn in, no dead pixels. Already got it mounted up! If anyone wants to know where to get and the method lmk.

TV IS AMAZING!!!!!!!
Wow, that's excellent news! Glad it worked out.
post #41 of 97 Old 03-02-2020, 10:54 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

TV IS AMAZING!!!!!!!

Adam
Glad to see your 77C9 worked out. Please let me know where to order and your method. Im looking to buy a 65B9 or 65C9 this week.
post #42 of 97 Old 03-02-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Gremmel View Post
Glad to see your 77C9 worked out. Please let me know where to order and your method. Im looking to buy a 65B9 or 65C9 this week.
Here is my recommended plan of attack for anyone who wants to try:

Use a non-primary CC in the event it does not work out. This way you can just put in a claim and change the CC # without any extra work changing any linked auto-pay accounts. I recommend an AMEX because they will tack on 2 years of warranty for free.

Dude is going to tell you the age-old bait and switch story about how the one for $3500 has sub par electronics and he can sell you one with proper Mexican parts for $4200. Be nice (don't call him out on his scheme), and say something like "it's cool i'm okay with that, i just want the $3500 version of the LGC977, free shipping no tax. Nothing else.

Make sure you verify it is in stock and ready to ship the next day. Give him your CC # and pay.

Watch your account for the $3500 to hit. Mine hit in around 24 hours. If the charge hits your account its a GOOD sign. This means he is committed to shipping or its fraud. IF you don't see a charge something might be-a-brewing, call him back daily. If you feel like its shady call your cc company and change CC #. If he hasn't charged you you can change your credit card number and he is beat no harm done.

Call him back 48 hours after the charge hits and get he cell number of the driver and talk to him. This will make you feel better.

When TV is delivered they will white glove come indoors and at a minimum unbox it and turn it on. Just to be 100% safe I tipped the dude $20 and spent around 15-20 mins running though my checklist:

Remove TV from TV and put it in the stand (so you can see everything)

Match SN on box to SN on TV-Sticker to SN in Settings>General>About

(optional)Remove the film off the front of the screen and inspect for scratches or cracks on the screen. (they claim it wont turn on if cracked)

Go into Settings, General, About - hours of use should be "0" hours.

Check for burn in with a red burn in video (YouTube) *Chk for Dead pixels with RGB video

Tip Driver for dealing with your paranoia, sign, enjoy the cheapest price you will probably ever see for a 77" C9

Links 65" C9 for $1500 (WTF lol) https://www.silverstarav.com/LG-OLED...I-ThinQ/p-1165

77" C9 for $3598 (looks like he added $98 this week, ask for the $3500, i bet he will do it ) - https://www.silverstarav.com/LG-C9PU...77C9PUB/p-1154

If anyone else tries this, please report back and let us know how it turns out
post #43 of 97 Old 03-02-2020, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:

Use a non-primary CC in the event it does not work out. This way you can just put in a claim and change the CC # without any extra work changing any linked auto-pay accounts. I recommend an AMEX because they will tack on 2 years of warranty for free.

Dude is going to tell you the age-old bait and switch story about how the one for $3500 has sub par electronics and he can sell you one with proper Mexican parts for $4200. Be nice (don't call him out on his scheme), and say something like "it's cool i'm okay with that, i just want the $3500 version of the LGC977, free shipping no tax. Nothing else.

Make sure you verify it is in stock and ready to ship the next day. Give him your CC # and pay.

Watch your account for the $3500 to hit. Mine hit in around 24 hours. If the charge hits your account its a GOOD sign. This means he is committed to shipping or its fraud. IF you don't see a charge something might be-a-brewing, call him back daily. If you feel like its shady call your cc company and change CC #. If he hasn't charged you you can change your credit card number and he is beat no harm done.

Call him back 48 hours after the charge hits and get he cell number of the driver and talk to him. This will make you feel better.

When TV is delivered they will white glove come indoors and at a minimum unbox it and turn it on. Just to be 100% safe I tipped the dude $20 and spent around 15-20 mins running though my checklist:

(optional)Remove the film off the front of the screen and inspect for scratches or cracks on the screen. (they claim it wont turn on if cracked)

Check for burn in with a red burn in video (YouTube) *Chk for Dead pixels with RGB video

Tip Driver for dealing with your paranoia, sign, enjoy the cheapest price you will probably ever see for a 77" C9

Links 65" C9 for $1500 (WTF lol) https://www.silverstarav.com/LG-OLED...I-ThinQ/p-1165

77" C9 for $3598 (looks like he added $98 this week, ask for the $3500, i bet he will do it ) - https://www.silverstarav.com/LG-C9PU...77C9PUB/p-1154

Good stuff, but I'll add my experience working with gray market dealers.

First off, I don't deal with fly by night outfits. The ones I dealt with, had at least demonstrated some ability to stay in business before I gave them my order.

Second of all, I recommend being honest.

Getting the TV at their asking price without any add-ons means they're going to lose money on the deal and invites them to scam you using all their usual tricks.

So, either give them something like let yourself be sold an extended warranty, or ...

The last one I worked with, I straight up told him, I wasn't interested in playing any games and just asked for his best price on a US warranted, Brand New television, that he'd ship out ASAP, and deliver in to my house so I could plug in in and check it out. And by all means, protect yourself with your credit card.

It wasn't their Google price, but it was still an incredible discount from the big box stores, and the delivery and checkout went without a hitch.

Looks like the company I worked with went under back in 2015.
post #44 of 97 Old 03-04-2020, 04:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just placed an order for a B9 65" from silverstarav. I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes.
post #45 of 97 Old 03-05-2020, 12:11 PM

Just received an email from silverstar av this afternoon stating I needed to call them to setup a delivery appointment. I called them back and sure enough it was a bait and switch deal -- he started talking about how this was the 8bit panel vs the 10bit, and it was made in Asia and vs Mexico, and that it came with no warranty. To me, this kind of shadiness isn't worth it when for $200 bucks more I can buy a LG B9 65" from a reputable seller (greentoe.com).

The guy who bought from these guys must have balls of steel or is extremely luck to have not been scammed.
post #46 of 97 Old 03-05-2020, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan951 View Post
Just received an email from silverstar av this afternoon stating I needed to call them to setup a delivery appointment. I called them back and sure enough it was a bait and switch deal -- he started talking about how this was the 8bit panel vs the 10bit, and it was made in Asia and vs Mexico, and that it came with no warranty. To me, this kind of shadiness isn't worth it when for $200 bucks more I can buy a LG B9 65" from a reputable seller (greentoe.com).

The guy who bought from these guys must have balls of steel or is extremely luck to have not been scammed.
What’s the going price for a 65 B9 on Greentoe? I’m really hesitating between that and a 65 Q80. Reflection handling and viewing angles are pretty great on the Samsung, but it’s no OLED...
post #47 of 97 Old 03-05-2020, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kharma View Post
What’s the going price for a 65 B9 on Greentoe? I’m really hesitating between that and a 65 Q80. Reflection handling and viewing angles are pretty great on the Samsung, but it’s no OLED...
I was quoted $1599 out the door and delivered to my house on greentoe. To me the B6 looked nicer than the Q80, the black levels and sharpness on OLED is second to none.
post #48 of 97 Old 03-06-2020, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kharma View Post
I just placed my order with the forum sponsor (Cleveland Plasma) as he was willing to meet the price from the vendors on Greentoe. If you're serious you might want to shoot him a email as well.
post #49 of 97 Old 03-25-2020, 10:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

Links 65" C9 for $1500 (WTF lol)

77" C9 for $3598 (looks like he added $98 this week, ask for the $3500, i bet he will do it ) -

ok - oRIDDLERo - so buying from silverstarav is shady, but you do get a legit product? Is that what I'm seeing here?
I'm wanting to get the LG 86" Nanocell - 86SM9070PUA - price on their site is nuts cheap - $1599 - I hadn't ordered yet cause it almost seems too good to be true. Was going to go thru ABCtv but found lots of reviews that it was total scam place. Didn't find much in reviews from silverstarav that were bad which is odd until I ran across this post.

So granted they will probably call me and try to bait me with some BS - are they really pushy about it? And if I say no, do they really send the legit LG TV - not some chinese black market version?? Again, I think you answered that it is a legit tv, I'm just still gun shy - my funds are never high enough to blow a couple Gs on shady ****...

Also - that C9 77" is now listed on their site for 2799
post #50 of 97 Old 03-27-2020, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Want to hear more about this as well. Want to snag up that C9 77” for $2800. But just very hesitant to pull the trigger without hearing more feedback from others who may have used this site already.
post #51 of 97 Old 03-28-2020, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayase View Post
Want to hear more about this as well. Want to snag up that C9 77” for $2800. But just very hesitant to pull the trigger without hearing more feedback from others who may have used this site already.
I saw this deal and wondering if I should jump on it.
post #52 of 97 Old 03-28-2020, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4039 Post(s)
Liked: 2897
Caveat Emptor. If it sounds too good to be true......

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #53 of 97 Old 04-02-2020, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just to chime in I decided to order a tv from Silverstarav. It was the 75" Q90 for $1999 with free shipping. Like others spoke about I got an email to call and schedule shipping which I did. They tried the 8 bit 10 bit screen thing to which I said I was fine with the lower quality screen and to just ship me that one. They said ok fine no problem. That was 3 days ago. I haven't seen a charge on my credit card. I tried calling today and he put me through to their shipping department and they said to give it a couple of more days as they're in NY and shipping will take longer due to the coronavirus. I'm paranoid this will go on for weeks with them giving me some bs every time I call and never actually shipping it out. I'll update when I either get the shipment or cancel if they give me the runaround.
post #54 of 97 Old 04-04-2020, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbowtie26 View Post
Just to chime in I decided to order a tv from Silverstarav. It was the 75" Q90 for $1999 with free shipping. Like others spoke about I got an email to call and schedule shipping which I did. They tried the 8 bit 10 bit screen thing to which I said I was fine with the lower quality screen and to just ship me that one. They said ok fine no problem. That was 3 days ago. I haven't seen a charge on my credit card. I tried calling today and he put me through to their shipping department and they said to give it a couple of more days as they're in NY and shipping will take longer due to the coronavirus. I'm paranoid this will go on for weeks with them giving me some bs every time I call and never actually shipping it out. I'll update when I either get the shipment or cancel if they give me the runaround.

Just an update I waited 4 days and they hadn't shipped it out yet. I called and they said that because their warehouse was in NY city they can't guarantee when they will ship out the tv so I canceled the order. Any idea where the next best place to get the tv at a cheap price is ? I don't care about the factory warranty as long as I can make sure the tv is delivered with no damage and powers on with no issues. Im either considering the 77" LG oled c9, or the Samsung Q90r in 75, or 82" Is there a local forum sponsor that has great pricing ?
post #55 of 97 Old 04-07-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Just an update I waited 4 days and they hadn't shipped it out yet. I called and they said that because their warehouse was in NY city they can't guarantee when they will ship out the tv so I canceled the order. Any idea where the next best place to get the tv at a cheap price is ? I don't care about the factory warranty as long as I can make sure the tv is delivered with no damage and powers on with no issues. Im either considering the 77" LG oled c9, or the Samsung Q90r in 75, or 82" Is there a local forum sponsor that has great pricing ?

That sucks to here. The 77" C9 just lowered even more on their site too. Was hoping for some more good experiences since the last guy got his C9 successfully. = /
post #56 of 97 Old 04-08-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
That sucks to here. The 77" C9 just lowered even more on their site too. Was hoping for some more good experiences since the last guy got his C9 successfully. = /
Yeah I wound up buying from a forum sponsor Chris @Cleveland Plasma . Got a good deal. Not as great as The other place but a lot cheaper than Best Buy or Amazon.
post #57 of 97 Old 04-08-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah I wound up buying from a forum sponsor Chris @Cleveland Plasma . Got a good deal. Not as great as The other place but a lot cheaper than Best Buy or Amazon.
That’s awesome! Enjoy the amazing TV! I’ll just waiting and checking places like slickdeals and hope they go on sale! Come on Costco!
post #58 of 97 Old 04-09-2020, 12:36 AM

Quote:
That’s awesome! Enjoy the amazing TV! I’ll just waiting and checking places like slickdeals and hope they go on sale! Come on Costco!
Though I got the LG C9 77" oled tv from Cleveland plasma Greentoe gave me a counter offer of 3799 shipped including tax but I decided to go with Cleveland Plasma as they had some good recommendations on the forums. Chris was willing to do it close to the same price so I went with them as they had some good reviews on the forums from what I've read. Chris was easy to deal with and everything went smoothly so far. I'll be getting a call Friday to schedule delivery.
Good luck
post #59 of 97 Old 04-14-2020, 11:45 PM

Just ordered OLED 77 for $2300

Quote:

So my update on this:

Purchased for $2299 on 4/8
Received the same email about Mexico/asia 8/10 bit. Told him I wanted the less superior c9 and he told me to call back in a few days
Called him today and connected me to the warehouse; warehouse said nothing is shipping because of COVID.
Told me he would hold the OLED and to check back in a week or two.
Check the site again and its now $2499 and sit says its closed for two days but everything will ship 4/17.

I don't mind waiting another week to save 2k but seems less likely this will happen but I will keep you updated.

also on my order status shows this

HTML Code:
Order Information
Date Created	4/8/2020 9:36:41 PM
Status	NTN
Not sure if anyone knows what
HTML Code:
NTN
means but for whoever got the TV successfully let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!
post #60 of 97 Old 04-15-2020, 08:18 AM

Cool to see you giving it a try. I can 100% confirm that that i got my C9 77" from this dude. I guess results will vary of course. What you want to look for is actually being charged on your CC. If they charge you there is a great chance the order is going to go though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page