LG OLED65B6P made in Mexico - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #61 of 97 Old 04-15-2020, 11:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Ideas on Status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oRIDDLERo View Post
Cool to see you giving it a try. I can 100% confirm that that i got my C9 77" from this dude. I guess results will vary of course. What you want to look for is actually being charged on your CC. If they charge you there is a great chance the order is going to go though.
Thanks! So far nothing but do you know what my status means? Not sure the stages of yours went through.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 97 Old 04-15-2020, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moises Oliveira View Post
Thanks! So far nothing but do you know what my status means? Not sure the stages of yours went through.
If they charged your CC its a good sign. Did they charge you?
post #63 of 97 Old 04-16-2020, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New to this forum but wondering about legitimacy regarding these prices. I wanna pull the trigger on a C9 but I will wait for the others here on this thread for a quality check.

One tv isn't enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 97 Old 04-17-2020, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
If they charged your CC its a good sign. Did they charge you?
Nope they haven't. Start of the week the warehouse was shutdown for COVID but today they dont have anyone going to "Palo Alto, CA" right now. Which is where I live but he said give it two weeks. Safe to say nope I'm not a lucky one.
post #65 of 97 Old 04-20-2020, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What is the difference betweeen AUA and PUA? The 65C9PUA is $1300 vs $1600.
https://www.silverstarav.com/LG-OLED...I-ThinQ/p-1165
https://www.silverstarav.com/LG-C9-S...UltraHD/p-1249
post #66 of 97 Old 04-24-2020, 08:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1599 Post(s)
Liked: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarton View Post
What is the difference betweeen AUA and PUA? The 65C9PUA is $1300 vs $1600.
https://www.silverstarav.com/LG-OLED...I-ThinQ/p-1165
https://www.silverstarav.com/LG-C9-S...UltraHD/p-1249
The AUA is the model usually sold by Costco in the US. It does not support WiSA wireless speaker system. That seems to be the only difference.

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
post #67 of 97 Old 04-27-2020, 07:40 AM

Liked: 15
I decided to give SilverStarAV a try. I don't see way they are going to ship a 77-inch OLED at the price they are advertising, but it would be great if they do.

FYI, if you have a Citibank MasterCard, you can use the Citi Virtual Account app for Windows to generate a 1-time credit card number that expires in a month. This limits the longer-term risk of credit card fraud.

Quote:
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you very much for shopping with SilverStarAV.com
Please call us at your nearest convenience at 1-866-888-5019 to confirm a delivery window for your online television order.
We appreciate your business and look forward to speaking with you !
Sincerely,
SilverstarAV
Som D likes this.

Last edited by Carlton Bale; 04-27-2020 at 08:49 AM.
post #68 of 97 Old 04-27-2020, 07:03 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Oled77c9pub

I placed an order this evening on silverstarav for a
LG C9PUB 77" Class HDR 4K UHD Smart OLED TV OLED77C9PUB
I used a capitalone virtual CC.
Let’s see what happens.
post #69 of 97 Old 04-28-2020, 08:22 AM

I was asked to call them to "arrange shipping." The voice recording was for VonsTV, aka BobsTVs. All known bait-and-switch companies. There was no option to talk to anyone or leave a message. But I was immediately called back, so my call must have triggered their call center software to call me back.

The guy did the "8-bit panel" routine and tried to talk me into numerous different models. I stuck with the LG C9PUB 77. He said "no problem, call back in a few days to get the tracking number." No doubt it will never ship and my call back will never be answered.
post #70 of 97 Old 05-04-2020, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Som D View Post
Let’s see what happens.
Som D - Any update on your order with silverstarav? I too am in the market for a 77" C9 and am looking for a good (but legitimate) deal. Thanks!
post #71 of 97 Old 05-05-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utgrad76 View Post
Som D - Any update on your order with silverstarav? I too am in the market for a 77" C9 and am looking for a good (but legitimate) deal. Thanks!
silverstarav is not legitimate. They aren't actually selling at that advertised price.
utgrad76 likes this.
post #72 of 97 Old 05-05-2020, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Called them, the guy went through the 8bit 10bit speech, I said I would like the 8 bit .
They said they would call me back in 2 days nothing.
post #73 of 97 Old 05-05-2020, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Called them, the guy went through the 8bit 10bit speech, I said I would like the 8 bit .
They said they would call me back in 2 days nothing.
What a racket. I realized it's just not worth it. I ended up agreeing to a deal with greentoe (fulfilled through an LG-authorized dealer) for $3,699 including shipping, which still seems like a good deal all things considered. It shipped out today.
post #74 of 97 Old 05-06-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
very good info, thank you! I will add this to my checklist. So far I have:

Go into Settings, General, About tv and click on tv information.
It will tell you if it is a C9, the serial number, hours of use, etc. You will never know if it's a used tv because one can reset the tv with a service remote to show zero hours.

Check for burn in with a red slide. If you can see burn in, you will know it's a used tv. You can do that via the youtube app, and just search for 100 hours red HD screen. It will be a full screen red image. Red is the best color to check for burn in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qlRNWBWr5o

+Watch an unboxing video (I want to see the proper way to do this)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUPkDo8z5_I

+Remove the film off the front of the screen and inspect for scratches or cracks on the screen.

+Look for Dead pixels with YouTube video.

+ Go into Settings, General, About tv and click on tv information. It will tell you if it is a C9, the serial number, hours of use, etc. You will never know if it's a used tv because one can reset the tv with a service remote to show zero hours.

+Check for burn in with a red slide. If you can see burn in, you will know it's a used tv. You can do that via the youtube app, and just search for 100 hours red HD screen. It will be a full screen red image. Red is the best color to check for burn in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qlRNWBWr5o
Here is how to check if you have 8bit vs 10 bit. https://www.netflix.com/title/80018499
If you see banding in the area of the grayscale strip designated as 10-bit, then the set has an 8-bit display. If it looks smooth, then the display is most likely 10-bit.
https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...y-10-bit-color

Last edited by sbarton; 05-06-2020 at 11:50 AM.
post #75 of 97 Old 05-06-2020, 06:43 PM

Quote:
What a racket. I realized it's just not worth it. I ended up agreeing to a deal with greentoe (fulfilled through an LG-authorized dealer) for $3,699 including shipping, which still seems like a good deal all things considered. It shipped out today.
Does greentoe disclose who the seller is ? Utgrad76 can you tell me the name of The “LG-authorized dealer“ ? I am trying to decide between greentoe vs Costco (has a $450 Costco card + 4 year warranty) difference is like $400 , but Costco I can return it anytime within a year no question asked.
post #76 of 97 Old 05-07-2020, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Does greentoe disclose who the seller is ? Utgrad76 can you tell me the name of The “LG-authorized dealer“ ? I am trying to decide between greentoe vs Costco (has a $450 Costco card + 4 year warranty) difference is like $400 , but Costco I can return it anytime within a year no question asked.
You don't find out the name of the seller on Greentoe until after the purchase. You'll generally get an invoice from the seller. The sellers are all authorized dealers. BuyDig is one of the sellers they use. I would go with Costco if the price is reasonably close. You can't beat their warranty and ease of return.
post #77 of 97 Old 05-08-2020, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Hey guys I wanted to post my current ongoing situation with silverstarav. I ordered from silverstarav Tuesday. I had the same experience as others with him calling you and telling you that the one you originally ordered is a Korean version. He said he was out of vizio quantum x made in Mexico. Either way it worked out for me because when he called I asked for a deal on an LG 75sm9070PUA-VO Nano cell with a video optimized scaler and I was more into that any way once I kept looking on his site and saw it had the scaler. He charged me over the phone and shipped it the next day. I’ve called back twice just for some questions about the tv and he knows his stuff. I am a little worried about the AM trucking being the shipping because they have horrible ratings. But when they show up with the tv I’m going to do what a previous poster said and tip him and thoroughly examine the tv .
My thoughts on this whole matter is that yes I think he does advertise incorrectly to get peoples attention and customers jump on the deal and order but he calls you and is hopeful he can persuade you to a different product that still has a discount but not as big of a discount as your original purchase. Yes his way of making money is somewhat shady but if I get the correct model of the tv I payed for I will be very happy. Anyway I’ll let you guys know when it arrives. The tracking info says in 8 days. Thanks
post #78 of 97 Old 05-13-2020, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan951 View Post
Just received an email from silverstar av this afternoon stating I needed to call them to setup a delivery appointment. I called them back and sure enough it was a bait and switch deal -- he started talking about how this was the 8bit panel vs the 10bit, and it was made in Asia and vs Mexico, and that it came with no warranty. To me, this kind of shadiness isn't worth it when for $200 bucks more I can buy a LG B9 65" from a reputable seller (greentoe.com).

The guy who bought from these guys must have balls of steel or is extremely luck to have not been scammed.
Yes, i order a C9 because they had it onsale for a amazing price. i assumed it was a clearance price since the CX are out now. But it was beating everyone elses but i figured it was too good to be true.
They called me saying i didn't finish or acknowledge their warranty coverage, then he started the bait and switch. I wasn't going to get the Mexican panel because it was 2k more in price. But he really tried pushing the 8bit vs 10bit. That is not possible and would be illegal for LG to sell a 8bit panel when they state in their specs that its a 10bit panel with HDR10+ support. It has to be at least a 10bit panel for that. I reconfirmed that full model number just to make sure i wasn't crazy. In short, it would be illegal for LG to do that and the model number would have to be different to indicate that, like a PUM instead of PUB at the end.

I noticed something seemed odd after i tried surfing their site afterwards and realized there was nothing else on it. Luckily they did not bill my card.
post #79 of 97 Old 05-13-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
So my update on this:

Purchased for $2299 on 4/8
Received the same email about Mexico/asia 8/10 bit. Told him I wanted the less superior c9 and he told me to call back in a few days
Called him today and connected me to the warehouse; warehouse said nothing is shipping because of COVID.
Told me he would hold the OLED and to check back in a week or two.
Check the site again and its now $2499 and sit says its closed for two days but everything will ship 4/17.

I don't mind waiting another week to save 2k but seems less likely this will happen but I will keep you updated.

also on my order status shows this

HTML Code:
Order Information
Date Created	4/8/2020 9:36:41 PM
Status	NTN
Not sure if anyone knows what
HTML Code:
NTN
means but for whoever got the TV successfully let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!
i placed my order on 4/22 from SilverStarAV, i have the same story as everyone else.
Their website says "INSTOCK" "Ships in 24-48 hours.".
i am like COOL.
I even checked again today to see, 3 weeks later, still says its in stock.
I called their Customer Support again (first time was after 1 week to see status).
They said they are on back order (website says differently).
Talked to the gentleman today, says that the warehouse is not available to ask but to call back in 1-1.5 hours. So i will. But i have a feeling it will be the same story.
Here is the deal though, the PUB is a more generic model sold by most places. They have the AUB version which is sold by Costco and like places. They seem to have an assortment of the same model which seems odd to me since certain sub models are only made for certain resellers.

I will let you know what they say when i call them back. If i don't get an answer today, i will call again tomorrow.

Yes, i understand the whole situation with COVID-19 so i am not upset about that, that is understandable. But if its the case where they are intentionally bait and switching and they aren't releasing that product for that price, then be honest so i will look elsewhere.
post #80 of 97 Old 05-13-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
So my update on this:

Purchased for $2299 on 4/8
Received the same email about Mexico/asia 8/10 bit. Told him I wanted the less superior c9 and he told me to call back in a few days
Called him today and connected me to the warehouse; warehouse said nothing is shipping because of COVID.
Told me he would hold the OLED and to check back in a week or two.
Check the site again and its now $2499 and sit says its closed for two days but everything will ship 4/17.

I don't mind waiting another week to save 2k but seems less likely this will happen but I will keep you updated.

also on my order status shows this

HTML Code:
Order Information
Date Created	4/8/2020 9:36:41 PM
Status	NTN
Not sure if anyone knows what
HTML Code:
NTN
means but for whoever got the TV successfully let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks!
i placed my order on 4/22 from SilverStarAV, i have the same story as everyone else.
i am like COOL.
I called their Customer Support again (first time was after 1 week to see status).
Talked to the gentleman today, says that the warehouse is not available to ask but to call back in 1-1.5 hours. So i will. But i have a feeling it will be the same story.
Here is the deal though, the PUB is a more generic model sold by most places. They have the AUB version which is sold by Costco and like places. They seem to have an assortment of the same model which seems odd to me since certain sub models are only made for certain resellers.

I will let you know what they say when i call them back. If i don't get an answer today, i will call again tomorrow.

Yes, i understand the whole situation with COVID-19 so i am not upset about that, that is understandable. But if its the case where they are intentionally bait and switching and they aren't releasing that product for that price, then be honest so i will look elsewhere.
post #81 of 97 Old 05-19-2020, 03:21 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Just ordered the 77C9 from Silverstarav. Spoke to the guy, he said he has put my order through. Anyone else know if this site is legit? I know one person got their TV, but anyone else?
post #82 of 97 Old 05-19-2020, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Update: TV arrived this morning (1 week after ordering). 77" C9 success @ 3500 no tax no shipping. C9 SN matched box to sticker to software. 0 hours use time in settings. Sealed, No Burn in, no dead pixels. Already got it mounted up! If anyone wants to know where to get and the method lmk.

TV IS AMAZING!!!!!!!

Adam
I ordered the same thing. Hopefully it goes through....
post #83 of 97 Old 05-19-2020, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Did you get your TV from SilverStar?
post #84 of 97 Old 05-19-2020, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Let’s see what happens.
Did you get the TV?
post #85 of 97 Old 05-26-2020, 04:57 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Was anybody successful in getting this tv?
post #86 of 97 Old 05-27-2020, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bur1196 View Post
Was anybody successful in getting this tv?

I got my LG 75SM9070pua-vo last Tuesday. Took 15 days to be delivered. I posted above a couple weeks ago when i placed the order but no one responded to it. But I got the tv and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #87 of 97 Old 06-03-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridger Wolf View Post
i am like COOL.

I've got exact same story. Ordered online 5/4/2020. Got the email to callback for 'delivery window confimation' Called back and got the old 8 bit vs 10 bit switcharoo. Said I was fine with the 8 bit and he said no problem should ship in 3-5 days and call back on Monday to get the tracking info. Called back on Mon and they said it was delayed a few weeks and to call back later. Called back 2 weeks later and got same thing, backordered but once they get it in, they will ship it to me. Called back today pretending to try to order it (to see if story changes) since it says in stock on their site. They said it is actually back ordered for a few weeks. So hopefully I'll eventually get it, but not too hopeful at this point. I haven't been charged yet. They were super nice the whole time and not confrontational at all.
One thing I would recommend which I meant to do but didn't was purchase their cheapest extended warranty. I think this is what the others who actually received their TV's did. Even with the extended warranty, its still a great deal.
post #88 of 97 Old 06-08-2020, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rishabh Nijhawan View Post
Just ordered the 77C9 from Silverstarav. Spoke to the guy, he said he has put my order through. Anyone else know if this site is legit? I know one person got their TV, but anyone else?
Which model did you order? Also, what is the problem with the 8 bit vs 10 bit panels. All the C9 oleds are 10 bit right?
post #89 of 97 Old 06-08-2020, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Any luck?

Last edited by Scorpion747; 06-08-2020 at 08:36 AM.
post #90 of 97 Old 06-11-2020, 06:15 PM

I look a chance and ordered, same deal, email/calls the next day to call them. Called and got the no warranty, even the extended warranty isn't valid, but at least I wont be charged for it. I was ordering a Samsung Q90T. Offered the US version for the standard price I see at other vendors. Same 8bit vs 10bit panel and a line about the upgraded model with the full/upgraded/additional upscaler. He stated it will ship tomorrow. If this falls through, the Q60T is at amazon/costco for 2/3 the cost of the q90t, so that's my backup plan. I wonder if my CC warranty/charge back window would work for at least a 90-180 day 'warranty'. I figured if it works that long, the chances of it dying are pretty small.

I did ask about the full inspection when delivered and he stated that is the only time you can really check it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page