Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #1 of 87 Old 02-09-2017, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
LG OLED65B6P made in Mexico

We just received delivery of our new TV and wanted to ask if I should be worried that the TV was made in Mexico. I have read that there may be issues with those made there and that the preferred TV are the ones made in Asia.

Also, is there a place to get "best settings " for the TV?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 87 Old 02-09-2017, 12:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 5789 Post(s)
Liked: 4146
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrall View Post
We just received delivery of our new TV and wanted to ask if I should be worried that the TV was made in Mexico. I have read that there may be issues with those made there and that the preferred TV are the ones made in Asia.

Thanks in advance!
OLED TV's for North America are assembled in Mexico. OLED's for Europe are assembled in Poland. You have no choice. The panels are made in South Korea, and all the parts are made in China.
hughh likes this.
post #3 of 87 Old 02-09-2017, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3940 Post(s)
Liked: 3970
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
All of the sets are made in Mexico nothing to worry about.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LG 77C8
LG 55B7A
DirectTV/ ATV4k/Panasonic UB820/Sony Z9F Soundbar
Calman Enthusiast, Lightspace, C6 HDR 2000 I1Pro2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 87 Old 02-09-2017, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunon View Post
All of the sets are made in Mexico nothing to worry about.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Thank you fro the quick response!

Is there a list of best settings for the TV?
post #5 of 87 Old 02-09-2017, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:

Thanks in advance!
I didn't know the '17s were available yet -- where did you get it?
post #6 of 87 Old 02-09-2017, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
You have a B7? Might be the first. If so, you're on your own.
ValkyrieStation likes this.

55B6P
post #7 of 87 Old 02-09-2017, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 5304
Quote:
Originally Posted by AV Challenged View Post
Typo in thread title or early release?
post #8 of 87 Old 02-09-2017, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 764 Post(s)
Liked: 342
DKRALL, you should start the owners thread, a tradition here at AVS.

I was so happy without HDR...
post #9 of 87 Old 02-09-2017, 02:15 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Given that this is the Costco only model, has to be a typo ...
post #10 of 87 Old 02-10-2017, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry.

It is a B6 model. It was a typo. Thank you again for your responses.
fafrd likes this.
post #11 of 87 Old 02-10-2017, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
In that event, try the CR settings which I found a better starting point than Rtings and maybe add your general location to your profile on the left in case you ask another question. Lots of European users here with issues not so apparent in the USA.

http://files.parsintl.com/eprints/LG/LG-OLED55B6P.pdf

FWIW, I'm settled on the above with most enhancing stuff turned off, but OLED @ 77, Brightness @ 50, Contrast @ 85 and Color @ 49, this in a dimly-lighted living room. All panels will vary slightly. I've tried most suggestions posted here but revert to the above. This is using Comshaft cable and some network stuff can look marginal. It's the source, not the B6 which is great at reveling flaws. As someone else said recently, on bad shows the commercials look great. You can check this by switching to a documentary channel like NatGeo or sometimes Smithsonian where the pictures and color can look great. BTW, both my legacy Comcast boxes are outputting 1080i stretch as native creates other issues. YMMV...

55B6P
post #12 of 87 Old 02-10-2017, 10:18 AM
Industry Insider

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7522 Post(s)
Liked: 7553
post #13 of 87 Old 03-28-2017, 06:38 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 2520 Post(s)
Liked: 4909
Quote:
Thread title edited.

Walking the fine line between jaw-dropping and a plain ol' yawn.
post #14 of 87 Old 03-29-2017, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Just saw this today:

https://www.costco.com/LG-65%22-Clas...G4PTpZotZtk%3D

Looks like the OLED65B7P is now in stock at Costco.com

However, I must say the price is upsetting, I was hoping for $3999-4500 intro pricing.

After BS sales tax here in CA, I'm at $5500+

Might as well get the C7 from Crutchfield for $4999 flat

Last edited by MVLJR; 03-29-2017 at 09:23 PM.
post #15 of 87 Old 03-31-2017, 12:20 PM
Immaculate Grand Phoobah

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVLJR View Post
Just saw this today:

https://www.costco.com/LG-65%22-Clas...G4PTpZotZtk%3D

Looks like the OLED65B7P is now in stock at Costco.com

However, I must say the price is upsetting, I was hoping for $3999-4500 intro pricing.

After BS sales tax here in CA, I'm at $5500+

Might as well get the C7 from Crutchfield for $4999 flat

Found it on joesav.com (no recommendation, just the lowest price I could find) for$3605.20 w/wall mount and "enhanced" delivery (whatever that is) to my area in CA...

https://www.joesav.com/LG-LED-HDTV-p...p.htm?CartID=1

Added: Of course, from COSTCO you get what you pay for or they take it back, no questions asked!

Are you talking' to me?
post #16 of 87 Old 03-31-2017, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 856 Post(s)
Liked: 1071
^^^^^^
"Enhanced" delivery (at least via Amazon). Two people deliver to the house location you want the tv, unbox it, mount it on the stand, turn it on and take a pic of the initial setup screen to verify it was working. They remove all packaging if you want. (For Amazon, if it doesn't work, they order a replacement and return the bad tv. If you need to return to Amazon for problems within the return period, they provide appropriate pickup and packaging. Is it the same for joesav???)

This "enhanced" delivery does not include hookup of other parts (like a cable system). The guys who delivered for Amazon allowed me to plug in the HDMI from my AVR. I had the tv running with Directv before they finished cleanup.

Atmos/DTS:X HT in Vaulted Room -- LG OLED Settings Options
Yamaha RX-A3060: 7.2.4 or 7.2.2 + Zone2 (switchable); OPPO 203; LG OLED65B6P; Harmony 650 & Home Hub
Base: Mirage OM-6 (FLR), MC-si (C), OM-R2 (SLR), FRx-nine (BLR)
Presence: ELAC A4s (FP), RSL C34Es (RP); 2 aci Titan subs; RP amp: AudioSource AMP100VS
post #17 of 87 Old 03-31-2017, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Got email from Costco.com this morning. This is part of the announcement:

Brand: LG
Display Type: OLED
Includes Stand: Yes
Inputs - A/V (Composite): 1
Inputs - Digital Optical Audio: 1
Inputs - Ethernet: 1
Inputs - HDMI: 4
Inputs - USB: 3
Model: OLED65B7
post #18 of 87 Old 06-20-2017, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubavs View Post

Found it on joesav.com (no recommendation, just the lowest price I could find) for$3605.20 w/wall mount and "enhanced" delivery (whatever that is) to my area in CA...
Just a comment, since it applies to the OP's question: I ordered an LG OLED 65C7 from JoesAV yesterday for $1,700. Great price, right? Today, they send me an email to call them to confirm my order. When I do, they tell me that I ordered the "made in Asia" version of the 65C7 and that the "better" version, "made in Mexico", is actually $3,400 (but he quickly tells me it's on sale for $2,499). I canceled my order completely, thinking it seemed like a bait-and-switch, but the fellow insisted I Google "LG panels asia vs mexico" to see that it was completely legitimate.

That google search led me to this forum. What are the thoughts of the AV experts here? Is it reasonable/legit for a store to have two listings (if you search "65C7" on joesav.com) for the same model TV priced $1,700 apart? The cheaper listing doesn't say anything about where it's made, while the more expensive one trumpets that it's "made in mexico". Is it common practice now to charge different price tiers for the same brand/model TV, depending on where it's made?

Thanks in advance,
Tweed814
post #19 of 87 Old 06-23-2017, 01:27 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I had two of them made in Korea, faulty as hell (:
post #20 of 87 Old 06-23-2017, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbleweed814 View Post
Just a comment, since it applies to the OP's question: I ordered an LG OLED 65C7 from JoesAV yesterday for $1,700. Great price, right? Today, they send me an email to call them to confirm my order. When I do, they tell me that I ordered the "made in Asia" version of the 65C7 and that the "better" version, "made in Mexico", is actually $3,400 (but he quickly tells me it's on sale for $2,499). I canceled my order completely, thinking it seemed like a bait-and-switch, but the fellow insisted I Google "LG panels asia vs mexico" to see that it was completely legitimate.

That google search led me to this forum. What are the thoughts of the AV experts here? Is it reasonable/legit for a store to have two listings (if you search "65C7" on joesav.com) for the same model TV priced $1,700 apart? The cheaper listing doesn't say anything about where it's made, while the more expensive one trumpets that it's "made in mexico". Is it common practice now to charge different price tiers for the same brand/model TV, depending on where it's made?

Thanks in advance,
Tweed814
A typical scam with bait and switch. Stay away from them. There is no such thing as a "better" version. All the panels are made in S Korea. All the parts are made in China. They are assembled in Poland, Mexico and Korea. The European version is 50hz tv's while the Korean and North American are 60hz.
post #21 of 87 Old 11-06-2019, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
abctvs.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
A typical scam with bait and switch. Stay away from them. There is no such thing as a "better" version. All the panels are made in S Korea. All the parts are made in China. They are assembled in Poland, Mexico and Korea. The European version is 50hz tv's while the Korean and North American are 60hz.
Sorry for the thread rez. Was googling and just came along this and wanted to check in:

I'm in the market for a new C977OLED

So i google the lowest prices and come up with this for $3200 - https://www.abctvs.com/prodinfo.phtml?id=4311

I Call the guy to make sure he is legit and goes on and on about how that's for the non-Mexican modal whitch uses sub-par boards and the panel is nto as bright as the Mad in Mexico modal etc etc...

He says he has the Mexican model and it can be found by searching his site... here it is for $4996. https://www.abctvs.com/prodinfo.phtml?id=4409 After some more fast talking, and a military discount he get me down to a final price of $3852 for the better hardware.

What gives? Is there any truth to there being better hardware in certain OLED77C9PUB TV depending on where they were made and where parts were sourced?

If so, part of me wants to drive there and buy the $3200 version, pay cash (4% discount) ask for the same military discount (10%) and drive to pick it up (local in NJ) to ensure its sealed and new. Final price would be: $2752 My only fear is that thig guy actually DOES have some kind of crap/bootleg/openbox version of the OLED77C9PUB he sells to people that force the "cheaper option"

Thoughts?
post #22 of 87 Old 11-06-2019, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oRIDDLERo View Post
Sorry for the thread rez. Was googling and just came along this and wanted to check in:

So i google the lowest prices and come up with this for $3200 - https://www.abctvs.com/prodinfo.phtml?id=4311

I Call the guy to make sure he is legit and goes on and on about how that's for the non-Mexican modal whitch uses sub-par boards and the panel is nto as bright as the Mad in Mexico modal etc etc...

He says he has the Mexican model and it can be found by searching his site... here it is for $4996. https://www.abctvs.com/prodinfo.phtml?id=4409 After some more fast talking, and a military discount he get me down to a final price of $3852 for the better hardware.

What gives? Is there any truth to there being better hardware in certain OLED77C9PUB TV depending on where they were made and where parts were sourced?

If so, part of me wants to drive there and buy the $3200 version, pay cash (4% discount) ask for the same military discount (10%) and drive to pick it up (local in NJ) to ensure its sealed and new. Final price would be: $2752 My only fear is that thig guy actually DOES have some kind of crap/bootleg/openbox version of the OLED77C9PUB he sells to people that force the "cheaper option"

Thoughts?
That company is known to be a scam. There is no such thing as a better version at a higher price of the C9. Stay away from them.
post #23 of 87 Old 11-06-2019, 11:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 232 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:

So i google the lowest prices and come up with this for $xxxx - https://www.abctvs.com/prodinfo.phtml?id=4311

He says he has the Mexican model and it can be found by searching his site... here it is for $xxxx+. https://www.abctvs.com/prodinfo.phtml?id=4409 After some more fast talking, and a military discount he get me down to a final price of $xxxx for the better hardware.

If so, part of me wants to drive there and buy the $xxxx version, pay cash (4% discount) ask for the same military discount (10%) and drive to pick it up (local in NJ) to ensure its sealed and new. Final price would be: $xxxx- My only fear is that thig guy actually DOES have some kind of crap/bootleg/openbox version of the OLED77C9PUB he sells to people that force the "cheaper option"

Thoughts?
We're not supposed to be talking price in this forum, so please edit your post if you want it to stick; but ABCtv is clearly playing the NJ bait & switch game.

When I've dealt with dealers like this in the past, I would just bottom line them ...

"Let's save both of us some time here ... Give me your best price on a new ____ that you will ship to my doorstep, allow me to unbox, power it on, and check it out before they go, won't charge my credit card until I accept the shipment, and will be covered by the manufacturer's US warranty"

Bottom line, dealers like this can't make any money if they sell at the advertised price, so they make up stories, but you might still get a good deal out of one of them. Be sure to protect yourself.

Last edited by JonW747; 11-06-2019 at 11:38 AM.
post #24 of 87 Old 11-06-2019, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1579 Post(s)
Liked: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonW747 View Post
We're not supposed to be talking price in this forum, so please edit your post if you want it to stick; but ABCtv is clearly playing the NJ bait & switch game.

When I've dealt with dealers like this in the past, I would just bottom line them ...

"Let's save both of us some time here ... Give me your best price on a new ____ that you will ship to my doorstep, allow me to unbox, power it on, and check it out before they go, won't charge my credit card until I accept the shipment, and will be covered by the manufacturer's US warranty"

Bottom line, dealers like this can't make any money if they sell at the advertised price, so they make up stories, but you might still get a good deal out of one of them. Be sure to protect yourself.
You expect them to not charge you until shipped and accepted by you? Good luck finding someone doing that.

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
post #25 of 87 Old 11-06-2019, 01:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsorensen View Post
You expect them to not charge you until shipped and accepted by you? Good luck finding someone doing that.

What's key is that they don't charge your credit card before it's even been shipped, then potentially sit on it for weeks if not months and that they agree to cancel any charges if you refuse the delivery after inspection.

Either way, this should all be backed up by the power of your credit card - but there should be no confusion on what's going to happen and it should be in writing/emails.

If you're going to deal with a bait & switch shop, don't leave them any wiggle room. Don't let them inform you after delivery that their "White Glove Service" means they gently drop it on your curb and what you really wanted was their "Platinum White Glove Service" for $200/extra.

Basically, once you make it clear you're not trying to squeeze every last dime out of them, they'll stop trying to squeeze every last dime out of you.

At least that's my experience ... because go figure but if you try to hold them to their advertised price strange things tend to happen.
post #26 of 87 Old 11-06-2019, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1579 Post(s)
Liked: 926
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonW747 View Post
What's key is that they don't charge your credit card before it's even been shipped, then potentially sit on it for weeks if not months and that they agree to cancel any charges if you refuse the delivery after inspection.

Either way, this should all be backed up by the power of your credit card - but there should be no confusion on what's going to happen and it should be in writing/emails.

If you're going to deal with a bait & switch shop, don't leave them any wiggle room. Don't let them inform you after delivery that their "White Glove Service" means they gently drop it on your curb and what you really wanted was their "Platinum White Glove Service" for $200/extra.

Basically, once you make it clear you're not trying to squeeze every last dime out of them, they'll stop trying to squeeze every last dime out of you.

At least that's my experience ... because go figure but if you try to hold them to their advertised price strange things tend to happen.
Well yes, charging long before shipping is not acceptable, but I doubt very many places would be willing to ship before being sure they will get paid. At least they would want to place a hold for the amount on the card even if it isn't charged yet.

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
post #27 of 87 Old 11-06-2019, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsorensen View Post
Well yes, charging long before shipping is not acceptable, but I doubt very many places would be willing to ship before being sure they will get paid. At least they would want to place a hold for the amount on the card even if it isn't charged yet.

Yes, I may be remembering that detail wrong (I bought my OLED back in 2016). The key is they aren't sitting on your money.
post #28 of 87 Old 02-20-2020, 11:42 AM

Update: So, I ordered in November, they never charged me and never shipped it. I changed the credit card number, so they cant charge later. I called every 2 weeks and they always claim to be waiting on the unit and they will ship it as soon as it is available (lol).

Yesterday i ordered from another gray market shop: silverstarav.com @ 3499, no shipping, no tax (on a secondary card for ease of card cancellation if it goes south). This time they DID charge the card and swear it will be delivered by next week. He also tried to bain and switch to the "Mexico 10-Bit model for 4200 but I declined and said just send me "subpar" 77oledc9 at the price agreed. It looks like he is going to actually send it this time... haha.

Anyhow, as long as everyone here is in agreement that a OLED77C9PUB is a OLED77C9PUB and there are no sub-par components this looks like it could be a win. The condiditon is NEW (not refurb), sealed, and they will come in the house and turn on the TV prior to me signing off for delivery. What do i look for upon delivery?
  • Bad Pixels
  • verify SN/ modal in the settings?

Thanks!
post #29 of 87 Old 02-20-2020, 11:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Update: So, I ordered in November, they never charged me and never shipped it. I changed the credit card number, so they cant charge later. I called every 2 weeks and they always claim to be waiting on the unit and they will ship it as soon as it is available (lol).

Yesterday i ordered from another gray market shop: silverstarav.com @ 3499, no shipping, no tax (on a secondary card for ease of card cancellation if it goes south). This time they DID charge the card and swear it will be delivered by next week. He also tried to bain and switch to the "Mexico 10-Bit model for 4200 but I declined and said just send me "subpar" 77oledc9 at the price agreed. It looks like he is going to actually send it this time... haha.

Anyhow, as long as everyone here is in agreement that a OLED77C9PUB is a OLED77C9PUB and there are no sub-par components this looks like it could be a win. The condiditon is NEW (not refurb), sealed, and they will come in the house and turn on the TV prior to me signing off for delivery. What do i look for upon delivery?
  • Bad Pixels
  • verify SN/ modal in the settings?

Thanks!
I have heard these somewhat shady companies sometimes send a C8 in a C9 box. If you don't get it as promised next week, get a hold of the credit card company and remove the charge right away.
post #30 of 87 Old 02-20-2020, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxman View Post
I have heard these somewhat shady companies sometimes send a C8 in a C9 box. If you don't get it as promised next week, get a hold of the credit card company and remove the charge right away.
Thanks for the heads up. I already had the CC company put a memo in the system that this could be a bad transaction. Whats the best way to tell a 77" C8 from a C9? (assuming the sticker on the back had been changed) physical differences, settings menu?

Edit: Just found this link, its pretty obvious from the back of the display: https://www.rtings.com/tv/tools/comp...-lg-c9/600/802

Ill print this out to have handy on delivery (assuming it ever comes) lol

Last edited by oRIDDLERo; 02-20-2020 at 12:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page