2017 LG OLED Deals - B/C/E/G/W Series - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 750Likes

post #751 of 2672 Old 10-16-2017, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjeS View Post
I can’t believe this price but if you are in Southern California and looking for a 77G7 Audio and Video center have it for $7K. See their weekly ad.

http://www.videoandaudiocenter.com/m.../LAT101317.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nope... They’re saying it’s a typo and it should be $9995 (and 50% off of $20K)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 2672 Old 10-17-2017, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 322 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoFatherof3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1948 View Post
Magnolia/Best Buy will match a local Costco and allows you to purchase a Magnolia/Best Buy extended warranty which covers OLED panel burn in. LG will not cover OLED panel burn in even if it develops in the first year of ownership. SquareTrade mirrors manufacturer's warrant and does not cover burn in.
By "match a local Costco", do you mean they will match the price of a square trade warranty? The square trade warranty from Costco is $95 or so, yet the BestBuy warranty is like $350 or more. So you can get a BestBuy warranty that covers panel burn in at the price of a Costco square trade warranty? That almost sounds too good to be true!
Price Rewind request is processed through Citi Costco Visa card and is only possible for identical items (that is, an identical model TV but not on warranties with different coverages)

Sony XBR55A1E
LG OLED55E6P
post #753 of 2672 Old 10-17-2017, 11:21 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Need some advice here: I'm interested in the 65" C7P, and have been waiting to be in-range of Black Friday, which is steadily approaching. I tend to be one of those typical AVS members who is neurotic about dead/stuck pixels and panel uniformity, so the ability to execute a "painless" return is all but mandatory for me.

Due to the above, my current plan is to either:

1. Purchase it now for the relatively standard price for $2999 at a site that is tax-free AND has good returns, like Crutchfield. Then execute price protection on Discover on Black Friday / Cyber Monday prices. Limit is $500 (as discussed often here).

2. Drive to a nearby state with lower tax and buy it at a Best Buy online with in-store pickup on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Any issues I'm missing with these options? Any other suggestions?

Calibration Equipment:
Meters: X-rite i1 Pro 2, X-rite i1 Display Pro
Software: Spectracal Calman DIY, ControlCAL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #754 of 2672 Old 10-17-2017, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by csrihari View Post
Just got a 65C7P from ClevelandAV. Easiest seller to deal with. Ordered on Sunday and it arrived on Wed by Fedex, double boxed. No issues with panel. Quite happy with the buying experience. If you are looking for one of these, give Chris a call. His prices are inline with what is available elsewhere.
Just got my CITI $500 price rewind approved !!! Filed it on 12th. Couldn't believe how quickly it was approved. When I started looking for an OLED TV, I had no idea about this forum. I was well prepared to buy it from best buy or other well known online retailers. Glad I started researching on this forum. For one, I had no idea there are cards that would give this kind of benefit nor about sellers like cleveland
I had applied for my cc after I decided to buy my TV. A little research and patience and I saved 1000$. Aweome and thanks to all for sharing their experience which helped me a lot.
Oledboi likes this.
post #755 of 2672 Old 10-17-2017, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Just got my CITI $500 price rewind approved !!! Filed it on 12th. Couldn't believe how quickly it was approved. When I started looking for an OLED TV, I had no idea about this forum. I was well prepared to buy it from best buy or other well known online retailers. Glad I started researching on this forum. For one, I had no idea there are cards that would give this kind of benefit nor about sellers like cleveland
I had applied for my cc after I decided to buy my TV. A little research and patience and I saved 1000$. Aweome and thanks to all for sharing their experience which helped me a lot.
Which site did you price rewind it against?
post #756 of 2672 Old 10-17-2017, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I know this has been covered extensively however I am not sure all the information is correct as I distinctly remember reading that when you buy at Costco and get the SQ Trade warranty it ends up being 7 total years. That is not the case. Anyone that wants to look at my paperwork is welcome. The SQ warranty is 5 years and really only covers one extra year for $89. As my high dollar Samsung has decided to display fat lines up and down the left side of the display and it is in its 4th year I figure 5 is good enough! At the Price of $1799 now including the extra year for S Trade. I'm happy.
post #757 of 2672 Old 10-17-2017, 08:19 PM

Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshMania View Post
Which site did you price rewind it against?
I used EBuyUSA
Oledboi likes this.
post #758 of 2672 Old 10-18-2017, 03:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntennaMan View Post
I know this has been covered extensively however I am not sure all the information is correct as I distinctly remember reading that when you buy at Costco and get the SQ Trade warranty it ends up being 7 total years. That is not the case. Anyone that wants to look at my paperwork is welcome. The SQ warranty is 5 years and really only covers one extra year for $89. As my high dollar Samsung has decided to display fat lines up and down the left side of the display and it is in its 4th year I figure 5 is good enough! At the Price of $1799 now including the extra year for S Trade. I'm happy.
If you use your Costco Visa card, I believe you get an extra two years of coverage. So the warranty is as follows:

Years 1-2: Costco
Years 3-5: Square Trade
Years 6-7: Visa

Note that: (i) not all Visa cards have the same extended warranties - the Costco visa card has a really good benefit that tacks on to the original warranty AND any extended warranty you purchase; and (ii) you can use your Costco Visa at any retailer and get the benefit.

there is a web link that explains this - cardbenefits.citi.com/Products/Extended-Warranty (add www - I can't post links yet)

Final related note: The Costco PERSONAL visa card has price rewind. The Costco BUSINESS Visa card does not.
post #759 of 2672 Old 10-18-2017, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked: 141
AVS rocks...

Quote:
I used EBuyUSA
So glad I ran across this forum. And thanks for posting the site - CITI will get the paperwork from me soon.

Getting my TV a day early from Cleveland - supposed to arrive today. I'll be returning one I got at Costco.

I also read on the Costco description for the Square Trade warranty that it can be purchased for any retailer - from the Costco site:

"Costco Members may purchase SquareTrade warranty plans for new TVs bought from a Costco warehouse, Costco.com or any authorized US retailer. "

Any Authorized US retailer. So, now, I get $500 back, $89 for the Square Trade and 7 years of warranty because of CITI. Dang. You guys are good!

THANK YOU! Now, I just hope I don't get burn in.
Oledboi likes this.
post #760 of 2672 Old 10-18-2017, 09:11 AM

Liked: 72
Just bought a 65B7A for 2150 shipped. EbuyUSA-- but you need to call to avoid bait and switch. Speak to Albert. He can also get you a 65C7P for 2400, or so he told me. I don't really care about the sound or design so I got the B7A.
post #761 of 2672 Old 10-18-2017, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 948
I just got a 65e7 for $2599.00 free ship no tax. 2 year payments no interest.

MickinCT
post #762 of 2672 Old 10-18-2017, 10:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest261 View Post
Need some advice here: I'm interested in the 65" C7P, and have been waiting to be in-range of Black Friday, which is steadily approaching. I tend to be one of those typical AVS members who is neurotic about dead/stuck pixels and panel uniformity, so the ability to execute a "painless" return is all but mandatory for me.

Due to the above, my current plan is to either:

1. Purchase it now for the relatively standard price for $2999 at a site that is tax-free AND has good returns, like Crutchfield. Then execute price protection on Discover on Black Friday / Cyber Monday prices. Limit is $500 (as discussed often here).

2. Drive to a nearby state with lower tax and buy it at a Best Buy online with in-store pickup on Black Friday or Cyber Monday.

Any issues I'm missing with these options? Any other suggestions?
I went with the B7P from costco for the exact same reasons you list. IMO they have the best painless return policy and a long warranty (if purchased with citi card). I also got a $500 price rewind matching with abe's of maine. Unless, of course, you are dead set on the cosmetic differences between the C7 and B7.
post #763 of 2672 Old 10-18-2017, 10:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Hopefully if all goes well I'm getting a cash out on a extended warranty. Can get a 65" E7 for 3k or a 55" for 2k.

Debating if I want to jump in size, but I'm kinda worried about the quality of the panel at 65".
post #764 of 2672 Old 10-18-2017, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg View Post
I went with the B7P from costco for the exact same reasons you list. IMO they have the best painless return policy and a long warranty (if purchased with citi card). I also got a $500 price rewind matching with abe's of maine. Unless, of course, you are dead set on the cosmetic differences between the C7 and B7.

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm willing to pay a little more for the security of Costco's return policy and warranty.

Regarding Price Rewind , did you use the manual submission form? My fear is that costco's receipt won't say B7P, just B7. Any guidance you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #765 of 2672 Old 10-18-2017, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffled View Post
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm willing to pay a little more for the security of Costco's return policy and warranty.

Regarding Price Rewind , did you use the manual submission form? My fear is that costco's receipt won't say B7P, just B7. Any guidance you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, had to use the manual form since the automated online system wasn't picking up the lowest price I could find. No issues with the model number. Great price for you guys right now though...2799 minus the $500 PR = $2299. And that's with a 7yr warranty if you use citi card! Luckily I got a great panel and didn't have to return it, but having that peace of mind is priceless.
post #766 of 2672 Old 10-18-2017, 02:44 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickinct View Post
I just got a 65e7 for $2599.00 free ship no tax. 2 year payments no interest.
Where were you able to snag it with the 2 years no interest?
post #767 of 2672 Old 10-18-2017, 02:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

GOT IT FROM A VENDOR ON E-BAY

Hello

Thanks for using PayPal Credit on October 15, 2017 to pay for your purchase at PayPal. This is a reminder of the promotional terms for your qualifying purchase.

With this purchase, you'll enjoy Easy Payments. Your purchase total will be divided into 24 monthly payments at an APR of 0%

After the promotional period expires or earlier if you ask us to remove the promotional financing from this purchase, the remaining balance will be subject to interest charges at an Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 19.99%. If you do not want this offer, please contact us at 1-866-528-3733 Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Eastern and Saturday–Sunday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern.
Millinium likes this.

MickinCT
post #768 of 2672 Old 10-18-2017, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm very close to pulling the trigger on this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/253069173084

2299.00 shipped for the OLED65B7A and there's an eBay bucks promo that bumps it to 100.00. I'm just weary on Chase accepting a Price Match request from tvsuperstores but it sounds like they've matched them before. It sounds like it's key to get an invoice from the eBay seller that does not mention the HDMI cable, which people on Slickdeal have said this eBay seller does not mind providing that kind of invoice.
post #769 of 2672 Old 10-18-2017, 08:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borg View Post
Yeah, I'm kinda stuck on the C7. I can't handle the B7's bezel.
PannyMann likes this.

Calibration Equipment:
Meters: X-rite i1 Pro 2, X-rite i1 Display Pro
Software: Spectracal Calman DIY, ControlCAL
post #770 of 2672 Old 10-18-2017, 09:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1526 Post(s)
Liked: 795
Just received my 65" b7a from Chris @ Cleveland AV.

It's hard not to recommend an authorized dealer that's taken care of so many forum members with great pricing and great service.

Perhaps the eBay guys are great too but their pricing isn't the best so that's one knock against them.
post #771 of 2672 Old 10-18-2017, 11:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
Just received my 65" b7a from Chris @ Cleveland AV.

It's hard not to recommend an authorized dealer that's taken care of so many forum members with great pricing and great service.

Perhaps the eBay guys are great too but their pricing isn't the best so that's one knock against them.

Great deal at $2200. Any idea of Chris's price for the 65C7P?
post #772 of 2672 Old 10-19-2017, 04:13 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendofSonic View Post

2299.00 shipped for the OLED65B7A and there's an eBay bucks promo that bumps it to 100.00. I'm just weary on Chase accepting a Price Match request from tvsuperstores but it sounds like they've matched them before. It sounds like it's key to get an invoice from the eBay seller that does not mention the HDMI cable, which people on Slickdeal have said this eBay seller does not mind providing that kind of invoice.
Why would you buy from an unauthorized vendor? You lose the warranty from LG. BuyDig has TV for same price, free shipping.
dwaleke likes this.
post #773 of 2672 Old 10-19-2017, 05:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

THIS is where i got the 65E7p for $2599.oo it will be del fri 10- 20. warranty from LG intact.

MickinCT
post #774 of 2672 Old 10-19-2017, 05:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1526 Post(s)
Liked: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronGajadhar View Post

Great deal at $2200. Any idea of Chris's price for the 65C7P?
I don't have it but you can call or email him. I received an instant reply both times I reached out to him.
post #775 of 2672 Old 10-19-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyKing View Post
Why would you buy from an unauthorized vendor? You lose the warranty from LG. BuyDig has TV for same price, free shipping.
Well... you would because you're getting the 100 bucks in eBay bucks. But, since that's not a good enough reason to forgo manufacturer warranty, I would also be comfortable doing it because I have never discovered anything in the warranty language suggesting the concept of an 'authorized vendor' and being able to purchase a US set without being covered by the warranty. Can you post the excerpt from the warranty guidelines that leads you to believe that LG uses authorized retailers as a way of determining warranty eligibility?
Oledboi likes this.
post #776 of 2672 Old 10-19-2017, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Well... you would because you're getting the 100 bucks in eBay bucks. But, since that's not a good enough reason to forgo manufacturer warranty, I would also be comfortable doing it because I have never discovered anything in the warranty language suggesting the concept of an 'authorized vendor' and being able to purchase a US set without being covered by the warranty. Can you post the excerpt from the warranty guidelines that leads you to believe that LG uses authorized retailers as a way of determining warranty eligibility?
LG will take care of it, even if you bought it from this seller.
Oledboi likes this.
post #777 of 2672 Old 10-19-2017, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

What's this eBay Bucks promo to get the $100?
post #778 of 2672 Old 10-19-2017, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recca View Post
What's this eBay Bucks promo to get the $100?
Check the front page, on desktop at least you should see a big Activate logo for 8% cashback. Check your messages in eBay too, I was sent a message. Sounds like everyone got it though.
post #779 of 2672 Old 10-19-2017, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Damn, I don't see it on the page or in my inbox.
post #780 of 2672 Old 10-19-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recca View Post
Damn, I don't see it on the page or in my inbox.
Damn, maybe it is targeted. Try this link:
https://srv.main.ebayrtm.com/clk?Rtm...05&lid=2622571
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page