2017 LG OLED Deals - B/C/E/G/W Series - Page 31 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 750Likes

post #901 of 2672 Old 11-01-2017, 07:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
Citi just competed my price rewind I purchased from Cleveland AV matched to TV superstores.com. $500.
How long did it take? I’m still waiting for mine but it’s only been 3 days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 2672 Old 11-01-2017, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1540 Post(s)
Liked: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphron View Post
How long did it take? I’m still waiting for mine but it’s only been 3 days.
About a week. They'll ask you for more stuff. Then it was only a couple days.
facke02 likes this.
post #903 of 2672 Old 11-01-2017, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoyd View Post
Darbee supports HD only.
As I suspected. Thanks for the confirmation...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #904 of 2672 Old 11-01-2017, 10:39 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just got my Costco / Citi card in the mail, is it better to buy at Costco for the extra warranty on BF and then price rewind it or better to buy somewhere online on BF with no sales tax and then price rewind it ?
kablooie likes this.
post #905 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
About a week. They'll ask you for more stuff. Then it was only a couple days.
I just got approved! No additional documentation asked. Citi has given me no hassle so I think I will use Citi for all my big purchases in the future. 1500 plus tax for a 65” OLED is a beautiful thing.
dwaleke and JRomulus like this.
post #906 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphron View Post
I just got approved! No additional documentation asked. Citi has given me no hassle so I think I will use Citi for all my big purchases in the future. 1500 plus tax for a 65” OLED is a beautiful thing.
I just signed up for this forum because I am on the hunt for a TV for my first apartment. I think the deals you guys have found are incredible, where did you buy your 65" B7A from for $2000? I contacted ClevelandAV and their best shipped price was $2200. I plan on using Discover price matching to get 500$ back via tvsuperstores or something similar.

Thanks!
post #907 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Where are you guys seeing this TV for $2200 or less? I think I've finally decided on the 65" OLED and now I need to deal hunt.

I'd prefer to get it at Costco but if I'm not able to price rewind with a mismatched model number that is making me think twice. Anyone have a definitive answer as to whether or not they were able to price rewind from Costco? As a previous poster said I think they'll have a better price moving closer to BF.

Thanks!

Sony Bravia 75X900E
Epson Home Cinema 8350
post #908 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchangover View Post
Where are you guys seeing this TV for $2200 or less? I think I've finally decided on the 65" OLED and now I need to deal hunt.

I'd prefer to get it at Costco but if I'm not able to price rewind with a mismatched model number that is making me think twice. Anyone have a definitive answer as to whether or not they were able to price rewind from Costco? As a previous poster said I think they'll have a better price moving closer to BF.

Thanks!

Check the most recent Slickdeals thread on the Costco offer. The last post is from someone saying it worked for them.

https://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/t/10632780

The good thing about Costco is that you have 90 days to return it. You’re covered either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dwaleke likes this.
post #909 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got my costco holiday mailer yesterday... the 11/17 - 11/27 prices will be: 65"for $2649 and 55" for $1649.
1) buy 55" now for $1749
(2) then in two weeks get a $100 exchange/refund
(3) then price adjust with credit card for $500 more, effectively making it $1149.
sound about right?
not to mention the 90 day "warranty" plus the 4 or 5 year warranty via costco/ST.
-louie

Last edited by kablooie; 11-02-2017 at 12:26 PM.
post #910 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2081 Post(s)
Liked: 1938
Quote:

Thanks!
Here's the approach I would recommend.

1) If local returns is important to you:
-Purchase the C7 or B7A at a brick and mortar such as Fry's or Best Buy. Get them to price match an online retailer
-Pay using your Costco Visa, which will add 2 years warranty
-Purchase the Square Trade warranty from Costco for $89, extending the warranty another 3 years (for a total warranty of 6 years)
-Submit your price protection claim if you can find another online price lower than the price you paid (eg. TV superstores if Fry's/Best Buy won't go that low)
-Other advantages (YMMV) are you get a black bezel and a better looking stand vs the B7

2) If local returns is not important to you:
-Purchase the C7 or B7A online from an online vendor that doesn't charge sales tax (such as Cleveland TV)
-Purchase the Square Trade warranty from Costco for $89, extending the warranty another 3 years (for a total warranty of 6 years)
-Submit your price protection claim if you can find another online price lower than the price you paid (eg. TV superstores if your vendor won't go that low)
-You get the lowest price plus you save on sales tax

Buying at Costco instead of Best Buy or Fry's will get you an additional 1 year of warranty plus it extends your return period to 90 days. But they won't price match, you get a silver bezel and a crescent shaped stand and if your price match claim gets denied because the B7 is a different model than is available elsewhere, you are screwed.

EDIT: As others mentioned below, you are not screwed but you are at worst back to square one and wasted time on the purchase and return.
c00zie likes this.

Last edited by PlanetAVS; 11-02-2017 at 01:45 PM.
post #911 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

Thanks!
I was able to get a price rewind of $500 from Citi after I bought a 65B7P at Costco (see post #794 in this thread). They accepted the price at eBuyUSA.com (they have the 55" and 65" B7P models listed, so exactly match the Costco models).
c00zie likes this.
post #912 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post
...if your price match claim gets denied because the B7 is a different model than is available elsewhere, you are screwed.
not really, then i'd just return for a fulll refund and buy elsewhere. gotta love the no questions asked 90 day policy.
-louie
post #913 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 01:21 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 9
2017 LG OLED Deals - B/C/E/G/W Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablooie View Post
not really, then i'd just return for a fulll refund and buy elsewhere. gotta love the no questions asked 90 day policy.
-louie

I agree. I think of all the places, you are least screwed if you use Costco. If your price protection gets denied and you bought it at Best Buy, you might be outside your 15 day return window.

90 days at Costco gives you enough breathing room to make sure you like the TV and to ensure you get price protection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kablooie and c00zie like this.
post #914 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
post #915 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2081 Post(s)
Liked: 1938
Quote:
Originally Posted by swlee539 View Post
I was able to get a price rewind of $500 from Citi after I bought a 65B7P at Costco (see post #794 in this thread). They accepted the price at eBuyUSA.com (they have the 55" and 65" B7P models listed, so exactly match the Costco models).
That helps, but if Costco's price is more than $500 higher than EBuy (which it usually is) there will be money left on the table and then the question becomes is that money left on the table, silver bezel and crescent stand worth 1 year of warranty plus the extended return privilege?

Quote:
-louie
Good point, at worst case you are back to square one and you're just out the time and effort.
kablooie likes this.
post #916 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by recca View Post
eBay 55B7A $1389

eBay 65B7A: $2199
Dang! That's a good deal. Think I might pull the trigger on 55B7. What's the best way to buy an extended warranty?
post #917 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Hi all, just got a 65B7A. Came in a plain cardboard colored box. No fancy labels or anything. Is that the same box that yours came in?
post #918 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 02:34 PM

Also, I need a pricematch price of $1500 or less. Does anyone see a price around that? Send me a link please. Thanks.

post #919 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetAVS View Post

1) If local returns is important to you:
-Purchase the C7 or B7A at a brick and mortar such as Fry's or Best Buy. Get them to price match an online retailer
-Submit your price protection claim if you can find another online price lower than the price you paid (eg. TV superstores if Fry's/Best Buy won't go that low)
-Other advantages (YMMV) are you get a black bezel and a better looking stand vs the B7

2) If local returns is not important to you:
-Purchase the C7 or B7A online from an online vendor that doesn't charge sales tax (such as Cleveland TV)
-Submit your price protection claim if you can find another online price lower than the price you paid (eg. TV superstores if your vendor won't go that low)
-You get the lowest price plus you save on sales tax

Buying at Costco instead of Best Buy or Fry's will get you an additional 1 year of warranty plus it extends your return period to 90 days. But they won't price match, you get a silver bezel and a crescent shaped stand and if your price match claim gets denied because the B7 is a different model than is available elsewhere, you are screwed.

EDIT: As others mentioned below, you are not screwed but you are at worst back to square one and wasted time on the purchase and return.
This is the approach i am using. Obviously getting it as low as i can and probably be willing to pay the sales tax and buying it locally. Returns to Target and BB and Costco are not an issue if something is wrong. You buy from eBuy or online, thats the risk you take. Not saying its a bad idea (and i may consider it).
kablooie likes this.
post #920 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:

Thanks!
Scroll up to my previous replies. I got it at Video Only by negotiating. If you're in the Bay Area, the Mountain View store can give you the same price as mine if you tell them to match my deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lentiman View Post
Also, I need a pricematch price of $1500 or less. Does anyone see a price around that? Send me a link please. Thanks.
TVSuperstores
post #921 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 04:40 PM

I'm going to wait until they approve my price match (in process) before busting out the TV. Then it will be checking out screen uniformity before deciding to keep it. Cyphron, how was your screen uniformity? Have you tested it yet?

Also, as an aside: I got a cheap ($400) LG 50" 4K LED TV from black friday last year for outside. It's been a great TV, zero issues watching in all sorts of temperatures. But I noticed some black dots on the screen and thought maybe condensation had occurred inside the TV. So I took it down to take pictures for the warranty claim and it's not dead pixels. About 9 little gnats had gotten into the TV between the LCD and backlight and were causing shadows! Apparently LG is going to replace the screen though all I need the repair guy to do is to clean the bugs out. I hope the new screen is as good, it's a remarkably nice

Last edited by lentiman; 11-02-2017 at 04:53 PM.
post #922 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markie999 View Post
Dang! That's a good deal. Think I might pull the trigger on 55B7. What's the best way to buy an extended warranty?
Warranty thing is tricky. Seems like the best warranty for OLED is through Best Buy Geek Squad as they explicitly cover Burn In according to their website. I did the math and total out the door (TV + Warranty + Tax) cost at Best Buy in California is about $1950 for a 2 year warranty and $2130 for a 5 year. That places the differences between the eBay price and Best Buy price at $600 for the 2 year and $800 for the 5 year. Before that breakdown, I was leaning towards Best Buy just to get the Warranty (I believe they only warranty what you buy there) but the difference is almost the cost of another non-OLED TV. I think I'd just roll the dice on a eBay one and forget the warranty. Seems like the most important thing to get covered is burn in and only the Best Buy warranty covers it so not sure if any of the other ones are worth it. I'm just starting research on that so don't take my word and of course your risk tolerance might be different so take all of that with a grain of salt.

Otherwise, I'd say just go to SquareTrade site and buy it. The Costco warranty deal seems a bit confusing with some saying you can buy Square Trade from Costco and other say you can't.
post #923 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 04:55 PM

You can buy a ST warranty at costco for anything and you don't need to purchase the item at costco. End. I've done this many times with many products.

Quote:
Warranty thing is tricky. Seems like the best warranty for OLED is through Best Buy Geek Squad as they explicitly cover Burn In according to their website. I did the math and total out the door (TV + Warranty + Tax) cost at Best Buy in California is about $1950 for a 2 year warranty and $2130 for a 5 year. That places the differences between the eBay price and Best Buy price at $600 for the 2 year and $800 for the 5 year. Before that breakdown, I was leaning towards Best Buy just to get the Warranty (I believe they only warranty what you buy there) but the difference is almost the cost of another non-OLED TV. I think I'd just roll the dice on a eBay one and forget the warranty. Seems like the most important thing to get covered is burn in and only the Best Buy warranty covers it so not sure if any of the other ones are worth it. I'm just starting research on that so don't take my word and of course your risk tolerance might be different so take all of that with a grain of salt.

Otherwise, I'd say just go to SquareTrade site and buy it. The Costco warranty deal seems a bit confusing with some saying you can buy Square Trade from Costco and other say you can't.

post #924 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 04:56 PM

Quote:
You can buy a ST warranty at costco for anything and you don't need to purchase the item at costco. End. I've done this many times with many products.
Cool, thanks!
post #925 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Hey when you buy a square trade, is it based on purchase price or MSRP?
post #926 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
I'm going to wait until they approve my price match before busting out the TV. Then it will be checking out screen uniformity before deciding to keep it. Cyphron, how was your screen uniformity? Have you tested it yet?
I do not go hunting for imperfections because I know that OLED screens aren't perfect. So if you're looking for a perfect screen, OLED is probably the wrong technology. I watched movies on mine and I notice nothing out of the ordinary. So I'm not going to use a 5%, 10% test etc. because I don't watch test screens on my TV. No vignetting or anything out of the ordinary. Like I say, I only test it with real world movies and shows, not a test screen.

I did notice that the whites are not perfect, there are slight yellow fringes so it's not perfectly uniform on a white screen. I've read that OLED screens have these issues. It's difficult to see though unless I'm putting on a white screen and staring at it. I'm not going to trade it in as it doesn't bother me. It may go away on its own but if not, oh well no big deal.
kablooie and PannyMann like this.
post #927 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:

Quote:
Thanks guys! Pulling the trigger on eBay.

Found another eBay listing at $1399 out the door from an even more reputable seller. The other was $1389 + tax.
post #928 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 06:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1540 Post(s)
Liked: 803
Quote:
Hi all, just got a 65B7A. Came in a plain cardboard colored box. No fancy labels or anything. Is that the same box that yours came in?
If it was shipped to you open it up. Chances are the LG box is inside the plain box (double boxed).
post #929 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 09:43 PM
ewh

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Got my costco holiday mailer yesterday... the 11/17 - 11/27 prices will be: 65"for $2649 and 55" for $1649.
1) buy 55" now for $1749
(2) then in two weeks get a $100 exchange/refund
(3) then price adjust with credit card for $500 more, effectively making it $1149.
sound about right?
not to mention the 90 day "warranty" plus the 4 or 5 year warranty via costco/ST.
-louie
Got same info in store, but the $2650 is from 12 Nov until next adjustment. 30 day price protection, then the return window if I need to enforce post-Christmas drops. I will likely wait until post-Thanksgiving to have the simple price protection through post-Christmas and then price rewind with Chase. Don't feel like dealing with the physical return issue to enforde.
post #930 of 2672 Old 11-02-2017, 10:17 PM

Purchase price.

Quote:
Hey when you buy a square trade, is it based on purchase price or MSRP?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page