77" OLEDs, all Mfrs, all years - Page 12 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 157Likes

post #331 of 523 Old 04-01-2019, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
Yep, pretty stupid of me to go and read something on LGs own website after doing a search on the retailer name and seeing LG specifically say that they can deny warranty coverage if purchased from a non authorized retailer.

Lg is walking a fine line.
All those "unauthorized dealers" sell a ton of their TV's so they really have to rely on them.
Those authorized dealers brick and mortar stores give them the visibility they really need, but they must charge a lot more per TV then the unauthorized dealers.

So to support and placate their authorized dealers LG keeps spreading FUD about the unauthorized dealers coverage, however you can be sure they can not afford to slam the unauthorized dealers by denying coverage.

I read my warranty and it made no mention of authorized/unauthorized dealers, does yours? If it's not on the warranty fat chance of them being able to enforce it.
fafrd and lakebum431 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 523 Old 04-04-2019, 03:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Update: Estimated delivery date is for tomorrow. Company said to expect a phone call 1 day before delivery date. Even though the day is not over yet, I'm not expecting a phone call today. Will update on when the TV actually gets delivered
post #333 of 523 Old 04-04-2019, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Madden View Post
It is very odd because there have been horror stories about people buying from the website, but if you look at all the eBay feedback there are zero problems...and a lot of those feedback comments are from people buying LG C8s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyknoxsvill View Post
Update: Estimated delivery date is for tomorrow. Company said to expect a phone call 1 day before delivery date. Even though the day is not over yet, I'm not expecting a phone call today. Will update on when the TV actually gets delivered
Best of luck!

Hope everything goes smoothly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #334 of 523 Old 04-04-2019, 10:12 PM

Looks to be delivered on the 9th sometime in the morning
post #335 of 523 Old 04-05-2019, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1535 Post(s)
Liked: 1592
Quote:

Received my 77 inch from ielectra yesterday morning. Everything went as smoothly as it could. They brought the TV in the house and unboxed it to make sure it cut on and didn't have any screen anomalies from the start up screen. Was happy to see no dead/stuck pixels and no banding. Not even gonna throw a 5% slide up as I don't want to see something I won't unsee when watching actual content. I am a happy camper!!!
Sean Max, dreaux and MeximusPrime like this.

LG 77C8, Sony 75x940E, LG 65B7, LG 65EF9500, LG 55E6, LG 55UB8200, 2 TCL 49S515's
2 Apple 4K TVs, 2 LG UP970's, 2 Samsung UBD-K8500s, WD 4TB NAS
Nvidia Shield, Wii U, Playstation 3
post #336 of 523 Old 04-05-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillietalls View Post
Received my 77 inch from ielectra yesterday morning. Everything went as smoothly as it could. They brought the TV in the house and unboxed it to make sure it cut on and didn't have any screen anomalies from the start up screen. Was happy to see no dead/stuck pixels and no banding. Not even gonna throw a 5% slide up as I don't want to see something I won't unsee when watching actual content. I am a happy camper!!!
Thats good to hear, I just need to make sure I can be home when they deliver it. Im not to worried about banding but dead pixels and the power supply buzzing issues are
Gillietalls likes this.
post #337 of 523 Old 04-07-2019, 07:28 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Nothing new, but one of the better online sellers, an authorized dealer and no tax for some folks.

BuyDig has a Call-in Order: 77" LG OLED77C8PUA on sale for $3999 when you call 800-617-4686 Ext. 1 and the mention the price of $3999.

Shipping is free.

jmpage2 likes this.

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
post #338 of 523 Old 04-07-2019, 03:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Is that BuyDig call in deal only good for today?
post #339 of 523 Old 04-07-2019, 07:53 PM

Anyone have an educated guess how long the 2018 C8 77 inch OLEDs will still be available?

How long into 2018, were the 2017s available?

I am trying to decide on purchasing one and was wanting to know how long I might have to decide.

I am not willing to spend more for the C9. If I get shut out, I suppose I will just wait for Black Friday 2019.

Thanks
post #340 of 523 Old 04-08-2019, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye$ View Post
Anyone have an educated guess how long the 2018 C8 77 inch OLEDs will still be available?

How long into 2018, were the 2017s available?

I am trying to decide on purchasing one and was wanting to know how long I might have to decide.

I am not willing to spend more for the C9. If I get shut out, I suppose I will just wait for Black Friday 2019.

Thanks
I think I tead somewhere that LG said 55" and 65" in April and 77" in May or June...

The C8s are discounted to as low as 45% of launch MSRPs now, so you won't see C9 approach similar pricing until late this year...
post #341 of 523 Old 04-08-2019, 10:39 PM

Got my 77" delivered tonight. Box was in good shape, they brought the TV in and plugged it in to make sure it powered up (they were required to do so) which it did. I didn't notice any dead pixels as there was a blue startup screen so anything would of jumped out. So far so good, wont be able to put it through it's paces till I get it wall mounted. A positive experience so far through Firstclass on eBay.

Side note if you do order through them, they will call the next day asking if you want white glove delivery, just decline as the delivery guys asked if I wanted them to set it up and they were required to unbox and plug it in. Will report if I have any issues.

Last edited by johnnyknoxsvill; 04-08-2019 at 10:40 PM. Reason: na
post #342 of 523 Old 04-09-2019, 12:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
Got my 77" delivered tonight. Box was in good shape, they brought the TV in and plugged it in to make sure it powered up (they were required to do so) which it did. I didn't notice any dead pixels as there was a blue startup screen so anything would of jumped out. So far so good, wont be able to put it through it's paces till I get it wall mounted. A positive experience so far through Firstclass on eBay.

Side note if you do order through them, they will call the next day asking if you want white glove delivery, just decline as the delivery guys asked if I wanted them to set it up and they were required to unbox and plug it in. Will report if I have any issues.

Thanks for the update. I just placed an order for the 77" with them so hopefully mine shows up with no issues as well.
post #343 of 523 Old 04-10-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Madden View Post
Thanks for the update. I just placed an order for the 77" with them so hopefully mine shows up with no issues as well.
Quote:

Congrats! Glad it arrived with no issues.
Enjoy
post #344 of 523 Old 04-15-2019, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Has anyone here used Greentoe to order their 77C8? I am expecting my refund on my 75Q900RB to come through tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest and I am trying to decide which retailer to purchase from. Right now Greentoe rates my odds of getting someone to sell me a 77C8 at $4000 as very good. But it seems the first seller to accept my offer is the one I have to buy it from. That's great if they're local, but I'm not sure I want to wait for them to ship a TV across the country if they're in California, for instance. Do the retailers tend to be in your general region, or is it truly luck of the draw with them?

"Experience is the one thing you can't get for nothing." - Oscar Wilde
post #345 of 523 Old 04-15-2019, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 655 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Max View Post
Has anyone here used Greentoe to order their 77C8? I am expecting my refund on my 75Q900RB to come through tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest and I am trying to decide which retailer to purchase from. Right now Greentoe rates my odds of getting someone to sell me a 77C8 at $4000 as very good. But it seems the first seller to accept my offer is the one I have to buy it from. That's great if they're local, but I'm not sure I want to wait for them to ship a TV across the country if they're in California, for instance. Do the retailers tend to be in your general region, or is it truly luck of the draw with them?
Seems like you'd potentially be better off getting it from BuyDig, no?
post #346 of 523 Old 04-15-2019, 05:19 PM
Advanced Member

Well, in reading through the Greentoe FAQ I answered my own question. They state that most of their partners are on the East Coast, which is where I am so shipping from them shouldn't be longer than from any other online vendor.

post #347 of 523 Old 04-16-2019, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
I used Greentoe to buy my 77C8. It was from an authorized retailer East of the MS. Their part of the process was fantastic. It was shipped FedEx and arrived at my local distribution center in a day. I then had to wait on FedEx to bring it to me for 5 more days because they didn't have a box truck that could come to my area until then. It was frustrating because I knew it was so close, but I couldn't get it. Overall, VERY positive experience and I would recommend to anyone. In fact I have, my uncle is in the process of trying to get an accepted offer on a 65" C8 right now.
post #348 of 523 Old 04-16-2019, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member

^Thanks for the info. I placed an order with them this morning and it's already been accepted by a retailer near me. I'm waiting on it to ship to me now. I have my fingers crossed that I can get the TV before the weekend. As advertised it is from an authorized retailer. So far so good.
lakebum431 likes this.

post #349 of 523 Old 04-16-2019, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
^Thanks for the info. I placed an order with them this morning and it's already been accepted by a retailer near me. I'm waiting on it to ship to me now. I have my fingers crossed that I can get the TV before the weekend. As advertised it is from an authorized retailer. So far so good.
What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
post #350 of 523 Old 04-16-2019, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magillagorilla View Post
What did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
$3999 plus sales tax, as I live in a state that requires the vendor to collect it. Took all of 13 minutes on Greentoe for my offer to be accepted.

post #351 of 523 Old 04-16-2019, 08:18 PM

Quote:
$3999 plus sales tax, as I live in a state that requires the vendor to collect it. Took all of 13 minutes on Greentoe for my offer to be accepted.
Please check back and let us know how the delivery process goes. I am planning to purchase the same TV in the next couple of weeks.
post #352 of 523 Old 04-16-2019, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 251
I also had a great experience with FirstClassTVs/i-Electra via ebay and also had the dreaded Loud Hiss of Death on my 77C8.

FCT and LG were both good and I had no problem with the warranty repair and the TV is now running fine.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/122-g...l#post57821292

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-ol...l#post57855666

SCG
post #353 of 523 Old 04-17-2019, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye$ View Post
Please check back and let us know how the delivery process goes. I am planning to purchase the same TV in the next couple of weeks.
I just got the shipping notification. The delivery is scheduled for Tuesday by 5:00 pm. So another episode of GOT on the plasma. Anderson Cargo is the shipper so we'll see how it goes. I've never received anything from them. Upside is the three L/C/R speakers I ordered from XTZ are scheduled for delivery on Monday so I can set everything up on Tuesday when the TV arrives.

post #354 of 523 Old 04-18-2019, 11:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 776
Quote:

Congratulations. I guess you gave up on the Samsung Q900? I was thinking of the Q900 or the Q90 but I am looking hard at Oled.
post #355 of 523 Old 04-19-2019, 04:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
Congratulations. I guess you gave up on the Samsung Q900? I was thinking of the Q900 or the Q90 but I am looking hard at Oled.

Thanks and I did. Once owners made mention of both still having dimming issues and even the slightest light bleed into the black bars, I changed course. $10k is way too much money to spend for any issues. And now that I'm seeing rtings and Vincent Teoh's not so stellar reviews I'm glad I made the switch. If the Samsung's have to darken content to avoid blooming, then it defeats the purpose of getting an LCD which is supposed to be brighter. That takes away the one true advantage of owning a LCD. So I'll just stick with my 940E as my only LCD for now. We'll see how thing pan out when or if the mini-LEDs come out. I know micro-LEDs are still a ways away... Best of luck to you though for whichever route you decide to go. Cheers.
dreaux likes this.

LG 77C8, Sony 75x940E, LG 65B7, LG 65EF9500, LG 55E6, LG 55UB8200, 2 TCL 49S515's
post #356 of 523 Old 04-19-2019, 07:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 601 Post(s)
Liked: 776
Quote:
Thanks and I did. Once owners made mention of both still having dimming issues and even the slightest light bleed into the black bars, I changed course. $10k is way too much money to spend for any issues. And now that I'm seeing rtings and Vincent Teoh's not so stellar reviews I'm glad I made the switch. If the Samsung's have to darken content to avoid blooming, then it defeats the purpose of getting an LCD which is supposed to be brighter. That takes away the one true advantage of owning a LCD. So I'll just stick with my 940E as my only LCD for now. We'll see how thing pan out when or if the mini-LEDs come out. I know micro-LEDs are still a ways away... Best of luck to you though for whichever route you decide to go. Cheers.

Thanks....So you are happy with the 77" LG C8?

Last edited by dreaux; 04-19-2019 at 07:49 AM.
post #357 of 523 Old 04-19-2019, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 655 Post(s)
Liked: 479
Quote:
I wouldn't characterize the reviews as "not stellar". Q90 won Vincent's top display award and RTINGS gave it an 8.6.

I agree though that the continued issues with blooming on non 16:9 black bar content and the fringing in B&W content are pain points, as is the inability to calibrate the TV to a proper EOTF curve... that's probably the largest ding against this TV for me honestly.

Still considering it, want to see the final reviews on C9 and decide between C9, C8 and Q90.
post #358 of 523 Old 04-19-2019, 08:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
Thanks....So you are happy with the 77" LG C8?
That I am!

post #359 of 523 Old 04-19-2019, 08:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpage2 View Post
I wouldn't characterize the reviews as "not stellar". Q90 won Vincent's top display award and RTINGS gave it an 8.6.

I agree though that the continued issues with blooming on non 16:9 black bar content and the fringing in B&W content are pain points, as is the inability to calibrate the TV to a proper EOTF curve... that's probably the largest ding against this TV for me honestly.

Still considering it, want to see the final reviews on C9 and decide between C9, C8 and Q90.
Those with the facts contrast and color volumes are down are also digs for me personally. It makes you wonder if Samsung will even know how to handle the mini-LEDs when or if they come out. If they can’t get dimming with 480 zones right, zones in the 1000’s might be impossible for them. Makes me wonder if this is the reason the Q9S never made it past CES a couple years ago....

post #360 of 523 Old 04-22-2019, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Pricing and availability for the 2019 Sony is available:

Sony MASTER Series A9G 4K OLED TV 77" Class (76.7" diagonal): $7,999.99 MSRP (available in June). Sony is $1000 more than LG across the board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page