AVS Forum banner

77" OLEDs, all Mfrs, all years

140K views 873 replies 241 participants last post by  SlaughterX 
#1 ·
I'm not in the market but like to follow the price trends so figured I'd create this thread.

I understand that the 2017 Sony and LG 77" OLEDs are both streeting for $10k right now. It'll be interesting to see the MSRP of the 77C8 (LG's entry level 77"), and of course the street price.

#2 ·
I’m looking to upgrade from an 80” Vizio LED to a 77” OLED as soon as the price drops to ~$5,000. I’ve been watching various threads here looking for insight into the price trends. There are some who feel the price may get there around Black Friday this year. That would work for me, as I’ll be patient about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#16 ·
It says in stock, then underneath it says presell. Confusing :confused:

In Stock
Usually ships the same or the next business day

Presell: Will Ship Upon Receipt From LG

#20 ·
The MDC in my area now has one on display; it was gorgeous and priced at $8999.99. It was a grand more just last week. I hope that's a good sign of steady future price drops.

#29 ·
I put in a ridiculously low offer on Greentoe for fun and someone replied with a 77 inch C8 for $7198. I was extremely tempted to pull the trigger on that but submitted an offer for an 85 inch X900F. I still think 7k is a little high when we might see them around the 5k mark in November.

#33 ·
What about burn-in on demo oleds?

Wouldn't cause a little concern?
Maybe forcing a couple manual compensation cycles will clear it up??? I don't know. Just wishful thinking.

#36 ·
It's a good deal for LG C8. Yes, but it's still a bit outrageous compared to other 75"+ sets. LG's new fab 10.5 will start production in the 2nd half of the year. The manufacturing costs will drop quite a bit for LG on those 65"+ panels in. At that point, all those big panels will drop in price.

#38 ·
Right now I would say it $7K for a 77C8 is a very good deal. Will the prices fall surely. How much, we don't know. But look at it this way $7K is only $1,000 more than the retail on a 75Q9FN and the same price as a retail 75Z9D, the only other large sets that can compete with it.

Several years ago we were waiting for a 77" OLED to come in below $10K, now that that has happened, now everyone is waiting until they go significantly below $5K. I would say the absolute lowest it will probably go will be $5K street price around Black Friday and not below $5K until closeout next year. I might even be dreaming right there depending LG's supply of 77" panels.

#42 ·
Even if they don't get all the way down to $5k I'd probably still jump on one in the $6k range. Considering that they were $15k a year ago and I didn't even have one on my radar at that price it's pretty exciting that I might be able to upgrade to one this year after all. Not that my 65" OLED is a slouch by any means. :D

#43 ·
That is exactly what I told someone on another thread. He said the 77" OLED's were very expensive and I told him that considering these sets were $15K a couple of years ago the $9K list price and $7-8K street price is a relative bargain. Heck, they may soon be as cheap as the top 75" LCD's.

Go to Greentoe.com. You will see the street price is getting real close to $6,500 for either this years 77C8 or last years 77G7. Although I am not sure which vendor or vendors have the lowest price.

#45 · (Edited)
Here are updated prices that have a good chance of success on Greentoe or LG authorized dealers.

LG C8 $6,900
Sony A1E $7,700

A1E may be worth the $800 premium for the better processing. At 77", any flaws in source will be very noticeable without excellent video processing. The lean back stand may be an annoyance, especially if your seating reclines.

It's still early in the price cycle for the LG C8. It should drop $400-500 every 1-2 months until November.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.