2018 LG OLED Deals - B/C/E/G/W Series - Page 28 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 617Likes

post #811 of 2559 Old 09-06-2018, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobscho View Post
Beach/Buydig is OK.. I've bought several items, including C8 65", from them with no problems. They are LG authorized dealer.
Thank you. Just purchased the same TV - 65" C8 for $2399. Greentoe never responded as my order has been hanging in processing for a few days now. They better not charge my card. I tried cancelling but they have no phone support and I cannot remove my card on an "active" order. What a terrible company.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 2559 Old 09-06-2018, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC43 View Post
Thank you. Just purchased the same TV - 65" C8 for $2399. Greentoe never responded as my order has been hanging in processing for a few days now. They better not charge my card. I tried cancelling but they have no phone support and I cannot remove my card on an "active" order. What a terrible company.
You should lower your offer price to insure that you get no takers. If a seller accepts your offer of 2399 your credit card will be charged and you'll be a proud owner of 2 65"C8s...
mrtickleuk and newty25 like this.
post #813 of 2559 Old 09-06-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
You should lower your offer price to insure that you get no takers. If a seller accepts your offer of 2399 your credit card will be charged and you'll be a proud owner of 2 65"C8s...
Greentoe actually called me after failing to respond to multiple emails. They seem like great guys, just a small company who cannot keep up with demand.
mrtickleuk likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #814 of 2559 Old 09-06-2018, 06:31 PM

Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC43 View Post
I canceled an offer that was accepted by using the "contact us" section on their page.
post #815 of 2559 Old 09-06-2018, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfatherip View Post
Let us know if you get it for $1399. I'm hoping it will drop a bit from $1499 before I pull the trigger.
To update you, I let my offer of $1399 stand for several days with a credit card on file an PayPal logged to my account.....no takers. I upped it to $1425 and still nothing. So I have canceled the offer for now. It looks like the $1499 on the C8 is the lowest anyone will go at the moment.
post #816 of 2559 Old 09-06-2018, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Munson View Post
I canceled an offer that was accepted by using the "contact us" section on their page.
Yes, I tried that but since it is active I cannot cancel or remove payment. All good though, it was cancelled on their end.
post #817 of 2559 Old 09-06-2018, 09:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
I don't think this is true...I think there was another step after the seller accepted the offer...they didn't just auto-purchase it for you on your behalf (from what I remember from my B7A purchase through Greentoe - which went VERY smoothly)

Josh
post #818 of 2559 Old 09-07-2018, 07:30 AM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 36
77" C8 for $4,999 through Massdrop.
Gillietalls, waltinaz and Rich C like this.
post #819 of 2559 Old 09-07-2018, 07:41 AM

Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
I don't think this is true...I think there was another step after the seller accepted the offer...they didn't just auto-purchase it for you on your behalf (from what I remember from my B7A purchase through Greentoe - which went VERY smoothly)
When I place an offer am I committing to buy the item at that time?

Yes. When you place your offer you are agreeing to buy the item at the price you have entered. We do not have a "final approval" step, you are giving "final" approval at the beginning of the process when you hit the submit button. If you have provided payment information at the time of placing your offer (which is required for everyone after the first offer), you will be charged if/when your offer is accepted. If this is your first offer and payment was not provided during checkout, payment information is expected within 12 hours to confirm the deal.

Please note, the reason for this is that we are able to get people great deals by bringing retailers guaranteed sales. If offers are accepted by retailers only to learn that customers later change their minds it will cause many issues with people trying to "game" the system and our retailers would no longer want to work with us. We appreciate you only placing offers when your truly interested in buying the item.
post #820 of 2559 Old 09-07-2018, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger27 View Post
Beat me to it by that much.

I know a lot of people are interested in the 77 once it drops below the magic $5,000 price tag.
Harbinger27 likes this.
post #821 of 2559 Old 09-07-2018, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 219
I think the price for the 77" may go back up temporarily this weekend. Crutchfield says their sale ends Sunday. The Massdrop price is for three days only.

Sony XBR75Z9D
LG 65 B7P
Sony XBR65X930E
Martin Logan Spires
Seaton Submersive Pair
post #822 of 2559 Old 09-07-2018, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Darn Dip, if I would of waited a couple of days could have saved 200, but would have to wait for Massdrop to Close, and thy say Shipping ...Estimated ship date is Sep 28, 2018 PT
post #823 of 2559 Old 09-07-2018, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
When I place an offer am I committing to buy the item at that time?

Yes. When you place your offer you are agreeing to buy the item at the price you have entered. We do not have a "final approval" step, you are giving "final" approval at the beginning of the process when you hit the submit button. If you have provided payment information at the time of placing your offer (which is required for everyone after the first offer), you will be charged if/when your offer is accepted. If this is your first offer and payment was not provided during checkout, payment information is expected within 12 hours to confirm the deal.

Please note, the reason for this is that we are able to get people great deals by bringing retailers guaranteed sales. If offers are accepted by retailers only to learn that customers later change their minds it will cause many issues with people trying to "game" the system and our retailers would no longer want to work with us. We appreciate you only placing offers when your truly interested in buying the item.
Like I said, its been a few months...I think Greentoe countered my offer and that's why I got a second chance to buy or not (they didn't just accept my offer) and I figured they probably countered most offers if you low ball enough

Josh
post #824 of 2559 Old 09-07-2018, 01:29 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
First hiccup with FedEx. I paid the extra $5.25 to have my package delivered between 5-8p, and I got notice they attempted to deliver at 3:05p and will try again Monday by 8p. Obviously that's super unacceptable as I was excited to get it today, so I immediately called and they supposedly corrected it, gave me a confirmation number, and said it should still be delivered today, and that the delivery driver probably didn't notice the special request for evening delivery. I will keep you all updated if that happens or not.

Update: Even after me calling and specifically asking for delivery between 5-8p, they made another delivery attempt at about 415p. Thankfully, my wife was home from work to sign and received the TV, but still frustrating given that I asked for between 5-8. Anyone else that asks for evening delivery just beware that they may still try to deliver early. My wife indicated that it even clearly states at the top of the delivery ticket for delivery between 5-8p so I'm not sure the difficulty or confusion. On a positive note, can't wait to unbox and setup later!

Last edited by jojomexi; 09-07-2018 at 02:31 PM.
post #825 of 2559 Old 09-07-2018, 11:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbinger27 View Post
MassDrop not an authorized LG dealer
post #826 of 2559 Old 09-08-2018, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
We all know TVsDailyDeals is not an authorized dealer, but in preparing to file a claim, it seems they've knocked the price of the 65C8 down to $1,399. Just FYI to all of you out there, authorized or not, if you can score one for cheaper than even a 55", I call that worth it!
post #827 of 2559 Old 09-08-2018, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Have my order in with Cleveland AV for a 77C8. Two grand under Amazon and BB figuring no sales tax.

Keeping things in prospective here is what I paid for a 60" Pioneer ten years ago.
https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...asma/PRO-141FD

LG OLED77"C8, OPPO UDP-203, Yamaha CX-A5100 AVP, TiVo Bolt VOX
post #828 of 2559 Old 09-08-2018, 12:33 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lndee View Post
MassDrop not an authorized LG dealer
why does that matter? honest question
post #829 of 2559 Old 09-08-2018, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandJax View Post
why does that matter? honest question
May mean no warranty.

LG OLED77"C8, OPPO UDP-203, Yamaha CX-A5100 AVP, TiVo Bolt VOX
post #830 of 2559 Old 09-08-2018, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The warranty concern was brought up and addressed on the Massdrop thread for the campaign so thankfully that should largely be a non-issue.
post #831 of 2559 Old 09-08-2018, 02:50 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked: 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by normtim View Post
The warranty concern was brought up and addressed on the Massdrop thread for the campaign so thankfully that should largely be a non-issue.
How exactly is that a non-issue unless you have it from LG in writing? Or do mean that the odds are in your favor that LQ will fulfill their warranty no matter where the set was bought?

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
post #832 of 2559 Old 09-08-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
How exactly is that a non-issue unless you have it from LG in writing? Or do mean that the odds are in your favor that LQ will fulfill their warranty no matter where the set was bought?
Per Massdrop's buying manager from the thread: "...You will also have full LG warranty and support and these are US goods, new and never opened, and not refurbished products." If that fails to ease your concern then perhaps it will be of use to someone else.
post #833 of 2559 Old 09-08-2018, 04:18 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked: 2363
Quote:
Per Massdrop's buying manager from the thread: "...You will also have full LG warranty and support and these are US goods, new and never opened, and not refurbished products." If that fails to ease your concern then perhaps it will be of use to someone else.
It's not my concern.

It is an exaggeration to label it a non-issue. The odds may be poor, fair, good, or excellent but it's not a non-issue.

If an extended warranty is purchased and the manufacturer's warranty expires, the issue with the insurance company will be when their policy took effect. They could easily make the argument that their policy started on the day of purchase because of LG's written policy of not covering unauthorized dealers.

At that point it's between the owner and the extended warranty company as to what's covered since LG is out of the picture.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
post #834 of 2559 Old 09-08-2018, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
From LG’s website: Unfortunately, other companies sometimes try to sell pirated goods not actually produced by LG or damaged/defective and stolen LG products. We take a steadfast approach to prohibit these companies from taking advantage of our Consumers. To protect yourself, we urge you to purchase goods from LG authorized dealers only.
post #835 of 2559 Old 09-08-2018, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojomexi View Post
We all know TVsDailyDeals is not an authorized dealer, but in preparing to file a claim, it seems they've knocked the price of the 65C8 down to $1,399. Just FYI to all of you out there, authorized or not, if you can score one for cheaper than even a 55", I call that worth it!
A google search about them is replete with horror stories about them but the price is nice. Has anyone here actually dealt with them?
post #836 of 2559 Old 09-08-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lndee View Post
From LG’s website: Unfortunately, other companies sometimes try to sell pirated goods not actually produced by LG or damaged/defective and stolen LG products. We take a steadfast approach to prohibit these companies from taking advantage of our Consumers. To protect yourself, we urge you to purchase goods from LG authorized dealers only.
It seems like nobody's bothering to actually read the item thread there. Again, per the Massdrop representative:
Quote:
Registration Disclaimer

For product registration, warranty, and delivery purposes, please enter your full name and a valid phone number on your Massdrop account.

1. Click on your profile picture in the upper right hand corner of any Massdrop page and scroll down to SETTINGS.
  2. Under MY SETTINGS, click on Shipping Addresses and EDIT to enter your full name and a valid phone number.
*Your warranty will be registered for you based on the information provided and you will receive an email from LG before delivery.
tldr; Per their arrangement with LG, they register the product directly with them for you after which LG contacts you for validation.

While I suppose there's always a chance that this could be a total fabrication, it's obvious they wouldn't have survived very long had they made a habit of doing so. I'm not really here to pimp for Massdrop. None of the prior speculation about the validity of the LG warranty seemed aware of the information provided by Massdrop so I mentioned it here so that people could factor it into their evaluations, simple as that.
post #837 of 2559 Old 09-08-2018, 11:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixdoctor View Post
I think the price for the 77" may go back up temporarily this weekend. Crutchfield says their sale ends Sunday. The Massdrop price is for three days only.

Unfortunately, the MSRP for the 77C8 did go back up to $7,999. So I would suggest to all not buy until LG drops the price back down to $6,999 again or at least until you can get it at the $$4,999 street price again.

Sony XBR75Z9D
LG 65 B7P
Sony XBR65X930E
Martin Logan Spires
Seaton Submersive Pair
post #838 of 2559 Old 09-08-2018, 11:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
John Lewis in UK have some good deals on UHD / OLED at the moment - and you get 5 year warranty.
post #839 of 2559 Old 09-09-2018, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Slickdeals /Buydig

See It is not dead yet, but you have to hurry for less than 5K

$4999
(Until 4PM EST) + Free S&H

Update: Available again until 4PM EST/1PM PST

BuyDig (link for reference) has as an Call-in Order: 77" LG OLED77C8PUA OLED 4K HDR AI Smart HDTV (2018 Model) on sale for $4998.99 when you call 800-617-4686 Ext. 1 and mention the price of $4998.99. Shipping is free. Thanks DJ3xclusive
post #840 of 2559 Old 09-09-2018, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Lol, 77c8 official MSRP went UP $1000 but the 55 MSRP went down $100, so... yeah, retail prices are strange beasts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page