2018 LG OLED Deals - B/C/E/G/W Series - Page 30 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 619Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #871 of 2576 Old 09-17-2018, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mixdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 2,493
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin-X View Post
I don't think they ever listed the 65 models at those prices, lowest they had the C8 was the 2999.99 price it had for a few weeks up until yesterday. It's the 77in that went to that price, then went back up and now down again.
Yes, LG did briefly post those prices on Sunday, Goldieloxx saw them too, see above. Now it looks like the 65" sets at least have gone back to their original prices. LG is most likely planning a sale soon and somebody jumped the gun by posting the new prices too soon. LG does this crap every year they should just drop the prices as they go and stick to that price.

Sony XBR75Z9D
LG 65 B7P
Sony XBR65X930E
Martin Logan Spires
Seaton Submersive Pair
Mixdoctor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #872 of 2576 Old 09-17-2018, 10:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 3,137
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2542 Post(s)
Liked: 1248
That is "hilarious"...

As I just checked the prices on LG's website 2 hours ago when I read this thread.

2 hours ago it stated the 65" C8 was $2,799, etc...

All the same prices as posted earlier.

Now they are back to their "original" prices.

Shopping List:
TV: LG CX/GX; Samsung...?
Blu-ray: Panasonic UB820
AVR/Pre-pro: Marantz 8805/7705 or 8012, or Yamaha 5200 or 3080
Speakers: GE Triton One.R, or ML ElectroMotion ESL X
New24K is offline  
post #873 of 2576 Old 09-17-2018, 11:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mixdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 2,493
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Meanwhile Amazon and BB are at $2,999 for the 65C8, so the original MSRP is either a glitch or they are about to do a sale soon with new prices.

Sony XBR75Z9D
LG 65 B7P
Sony XBR65X930E
Martin Logan Spires
Seaton Submersive Pair
Mixdoctor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #874 of 2576 Old 09-17-2018, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
kokishin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Silicon Valley
Posts: 2,265
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1360 Post(s)
Liked: 1437

Denon AVR-X6200W, Outlaw Audio 7125 Amp, Oppo UDP-203, Oppo BDP-103, Amazon FTV Stick 4K, Tivo Roamio Pro, Pioneer Elite Andrew Jones Dolby Atmos Enabled EFS-73 Fronts/EBS-73 Surrounds, Chane A2.4 Center, SVS SB-2000 Sub, Panasonic Plasma TH-58PX600
avsforum Members Atmos & Auro Configuration Spreadsheet
I'm just a caveman. Your modern world frightens and confuses me. RIP Phil Hartman
kokishin is online now  
post #875 of 2576 Old 09-17-2018, 02:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin-X View Post
I don't think they ever listed the 65 models at those prices, lowest they had the C8 was the 2999.99 price it had for a few weeks up until yesterday. It's the 77in that went to that price, then went back up and now down again.
I looked at the 65" C8 yesterday on the LG site and the price listed was $2799. The price listed must have been a mistake, because when I checked around lunch (today) the price was $3799.
goldieloxx is offline  
post #876 of 2576 Old 09-17-2018, 02:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin-X View Post
I don't think they ever listed the 65 models at those prices, lowest they had the C8 was the 2999.99 price it had for a few weeks up until yesterday. It's the 77in that went to that price, then went back up and now down again.
This is weird. I just checked again and now the price shown on the LG website for the 65" C8, is $2799 again.
goldieloxx is offline  
post #877 of 2576 Old 09-17-2018, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 3,137
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2542 Post(s)
Liked: 1248
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldieloxx View Post
This is weird. I just checked again and now the price shown on the LG website for the 65" C8, is $2799 again.

LOL, they're back...

Shopping List:
TV: LG CX/GX; Samsung...?
Blu-ray: Panasonic UB820
AVR/Pre-pro: Marantz 8805/7705 or 8012, or Yamaha 5200 or 3080
Speakers: GE Triton One.R, or ML ElectroMotion ESL X
New24K is offline  
post #878 of 2576 Old 09-17-2018, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mixdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 2,493
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Either their web guy or their marketing dept has to put down the pipe they're smoking, cause a billion dollar enterprise should not have a game of musical prices going on!

Sony XBR75Z9D
LG 65 B7P
Sony XBR65X930E
Martin Logan Spires
Seaton Submersive Pair
Mixdoctor is offline  
post #879 of 2576 Old 09-17-2018, 03:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lcubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: metro dc
Posts: 1,013
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixdoctor View Post
Either their web guy or their marketing dept has to put down the pipe they're smoking, cause a billion dollar enterprise should not have a game of musical prices going on!
isn't that whole idea of how money is made on the stock market??

buy low, sell high
lcubed is offline  
post #880 of 2576 Old 09-17-2018, 04:35 PM
Senior Member
 
vince48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Hayward, CA.
Posts: 394
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcubed View Post
isn't that whole idea of how money is made on the stock market??

buy low, sell high
vince48 is online now  
post #881 of 2576 Old 09-17-2018, 08:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Jin-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 364
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixdoctor View Post
Yes, LG did briefly post those prices on Sunday, Goldieloxx saw them too, see above. Now it looks like the 65" sets at least have gone back to their original prices. LG is most likely planning a sale soon and somebody jumped the gun by posting the new prices too soon. LG does this crap every year they should just drop the prices as they go and stick to that price.
I think you are misunderstanding what I was saying (or maybe I am?) What I meant was that before yesterday's drop to 2799, LG had never dropped the 65C8 to that price before as far as I know. You indicated: "Well the price of the 65C8 just dropped again to $2,799". I wasn't disputing that the price did drop on Sunday to 2799 before today's bizarre bump up back to original price and fall back to 2799. And yes I agree I hate this nonsense from them. They should just launch at close to the street price and do a small cut for holidays. If this set launched at 2500 and then got the cut to 2200 - 2300 for BF (as they no doubt will, with the B8 hitting 1999.99(, I would have bought one long ago, as that amount of money is not worth months of wait time. But the ridiculous price swings just makes one wait it out.
Jin-X is offline  
post #882 of 2576 Old 09-17-2018, 08:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mixdoctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 2,493
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin-X View Post
I think you are misunderstanding what I was saying (or maybe I am?) What I meant was that before yesterday's drop to 2799, LG had never dropped the 65C8 to that price before as far as I know. You indicated: "Well the price of the 65C8 just dropped again to $2,799". I wasn't disputing that the price did drop on Sunday to 2799 before today's bizarre bump up back to original price and fall back to 2799. And yes I agree I hate this nonsense from them. They should just launch at close to the street price and do a small cut for holidays. If this set launched at 2500 and then got the cut to 2200 - 2300 for BF (as they no doubt will, with the B8 hitting 1999.99(, I would have bought one long ago, as that amount of money is not worth months of wait time. But the ridiculous price swings just makes one wait it out.
OK cool, I now get what you meant. For me, yes as others have mentioned above, I agree this is a free market and I have no problem with selling the product for as much as you can get for it, but LG is just ridiculous with these price swings and they do it repeatedly every year . Don't see Sony or even Samsung do this crap. I can understand a brief sale but for LG it's down, up, way down, back up......that's crazy. Sony will generally lower a price , stick with it and maybe lower it a bit more during a sale. Who is LG fooling with their MSRP pricing?

Sony XBR75Z9D
LG 65 B7P
Sony XBR65X930E
Martin Logan Spires
Seaton Submersive Pair
Mixdoctor is offline  
post #883 of 2576 Old 09-18-2018, 08:09 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Greentoe is countering with $2240 as of last night. Was hoping to reach $2100 but I cant wait any longer- it’s been a month without a TV since I’ve moved. Lol.
JOEinSD is offline  
post #884 of 2576 Old 09-18-2018, 03:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixdoctor View Post
OK cool, I now get what you meant. For me, yes as others have mentioned above, I agree this is a free market and I have no problem with selling the product for as much as you can get for it, but LG is just ridiculous with these price swings and they do it repeatedly every year . Don't see Sony or even Samsung do this crap. I can understand a brief sale but for LG it's down, up, way down, back up......that's crazy. Sony will generally lower a price , stick with it and maybe lower it a bit more during a sale. Who is LG fooling with their MSRP pricing?
I've just recently started checking their site on a routine basis. Their prices seem to change often.
goldieloxx is offline  
post #885 of 2576 Old 09-18-2018, 05:14 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB2 View Post
My return/exchange through Greentoe was a nightmare.

I purchased a 55C8 through them and it abruptly stopped powering on within a week of setting it up.

I contacted Greentoe who said I had to contact the company who fulfilled the order for an exchange.

When i contacted the company who fulfilled the order they urged me to reach out to LG to see if they could troubleshoot/fix over the phone. I did that and I was unable to fix it.

LG suggested I contact the retailer who fulfilled the order and have them send me an exchange unit. I did that and the retailed told me that because I had bought through Greentoe they could not do an exchange. I could either buy a new unit and send the defective one back for a credit or I could wait for LG to send out a field tech to troubleshoot the tv on site and if they couldn't fix it LG would put in a request to field swap the unit.

In the end I bought another new unit and shipped the defective unit back to them and after what seemed like an eternity they credited me.

Ultimately I would say the purchasing experience through Greentoe was flawless, their system is set up to for that.

But if you have any issues with your product, god help you.
You should have read the Greentoe site better. You didn't buy the TV from Greentoe, so as far as refunds or exchanges, they can't help you. They only facilitate hooking up the buyer and the seller. You received a receipt from the reseller. It's like your friend telling you about something to buy at Target and when it doesn't work out, you ask your friend for your money back.

If your set was/is DOA, you call the reseller that you bought it from and ask for an exchange. DOA sets are the responsibility of the reseller.

If not, you should have registered for the warranty from LG with the receipt in hand from the reseller.

If at anytime after you've set it up and been using your set... you call the manufacturer to use the warranty. Since you said that you were using it for a week, LG should have taken care of it and this was the route you should have gone. The reseller could have helped you since it hadn't been that long... but truthfully... I don't blame them because the shipping back and forth is expensive and it's really LG's problem at that point.

Bottom line... the reseller did you a favor they didn't need to do and had good customer service. They wanted you to be happy. You should be singing their praises.
newty25 is offline  
post #886 of 2576 Old 09-18-2018, 07:07 PM
DB2
Advanced Member
 
DB2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 924
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by newty25 View Post
You should have read the Greentoe site better. You didn't buy the TV from Greentoe, so as far as refunds or exchanges, they can't help you. They only facilitate hooking up the buyer and the seller. You received a receipt from the reseller. It's like your friend telling you about something to buy at Target and when it doesn't work out, you ask your friend for your money back.

If your set was/is DOA, you call the reseller that you bought it from and ask for an exchange. DOA sets are the responsibility of the reseller.

If not, you should have registered for the warranty from LG with the receipt in hand from the reseller.

If at anytime after you've set it up and been using your set... you call the manufacturer to use the warranty. Since you said that you were using it for a week, LG should have taken care of it and this was the route you should have gone. The reseller could have helped you since it hadn't been that long... but truthfully... I don't blame them because the shipping back and forth is expensive and it's really LG's problem at that point.

Bottom line... the reseller did you a favor they didn't need to do and had good customer service. They wanted you to be happy. You should be singing their praises.

You should have read my post better. I did contact the reseller and they were prepared to exchange the unit for me until they saw that I purchased through Greentoe. When they saw that I had purchased through Greentoe they said all I could do was either contact LG to have it serviced or since I was within the 30 day return period I could return the unit and purchase another one.

So to be clear, if I had purchased directly from the reseller they would have issued an exchange unit at no charge.

Since I purchased through Greentoe, they refused to issue an exchange unit.

"I usually sit closer to 2 X screen width, or I look like a cat watching a ping pong tournament." -Free
DB2 is offline  
post #887 of 2576 Old 09-18-2018, 08:12 PM
Coyote Waits
 
htwaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 27,239
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1333 Post(s)
Liked: 2365
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB2 View Post
You should have read my post better. I did contact the reseller and they were prepared to exchange the unit for me until they saw that I purchased through Greentoe. When they saw that I had purchased through Greentoe they said all I could do was either contact LG to have it serviced or since I was within the 30 day return period I could return the unit and purchase another one.

So to be clear, if I had purchased directly from the reseller they would have issued an exchange unit at no charge.

Since I purchased through Greentoe, they refused to issue an exchange unit.
Was the difference the shipping charges and the hassle of repacking the TV? I would be irritated too. Long live Costco and their return policy.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
htwaits is offline  
post #888 of 2576 Old 09-19-2018, 12:29 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by htwaits View Post
Was the difference the shipping charges and the hassle of repacking the TV? I would be irritated too. Long live Costco and their return policy.
Agree. Costco cost with tax is ~$700 higher (delivered) than the prices I'm seeing listed in this thread. The dilemma is "is it worth $700 for "peace of mind?" Based on the reviews I'm seeing for these sets, it may be worth the extra money for the convenience of being able to take it back to the store, if it doesn't live up to the hype.
goldieloxx is offline  
post #889 of 2576 Old 09-19-2018, 03:59 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB2 View Post
You should have read my post better. I did contact the reseller and they were prepared to exchange the unit for me until they saw that I purchased through Greentoe. When they saw that I had purchased through Greentoe they said all I could do was either contact LG to have it serviced or since I was within the 30 day return period I could return the unit and purchase another one.

So to be clear, if I had purchased directly from the reseller they would have issued an exchange unit at no charge.

Since I purchased through Greentoe, they refused to issue an exchange unit.
Did they have a note on it or something? My receipt says nothing about Greentoe and I know others who've gotten the same deal through the same reseller by going direct.

Yeah... I didn't get that from your original statement. I should have read it more closely. Sorry. Sounds like the reseller was trying to pull a fast one.

This is why I put mine on my Amex... and you better believe I would have called Amex in a heartbeat if I had this problem. They would have been all over the reseller.
newty25 is offline  
post #890 of 2576 Old 09-19-2018, 04:54 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldieloxx View Post
Agree. Costco cost with tax is ~$700 higher (delivered) than the prices I'm seeing listed in this thread. The dilemma is "is it worth $700 for "peace of mind?" Based on the reviews I'm seeing for these sets, it may be worth the extra money for the convenience of being able to take it back to the store, if it doesn't live up to the hype.
So, if someone said, "I'll pay you $700 to rebox a TV for me and call FedEx to come pick it up." You'd say, "That's not worth the hassle?"

I had no problems with my Greentoe purchase. And, the odds are extremely minute that anyone would have the bad luck of the OP.

I'd say it's easily worth the $700. Put it on your Amex and it's nearly worry free.
newty25 is offline  
post #891 of 2576 Old 09-19-2018, 05:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
mrpickem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 726
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldieloxx View Post
Agree. Costco cost with tax is ~$700 higher (delivered) than the prices I'm seeing listed in this thread. The dilemma is "is it worth $700 for "peace of mind?" Based on the reviews I'm seeing for these sets, it may be worth the extra money for the convenience of being able to take it back to the store, if it doesn't live up to the hype.



Costco is $2950 + tax for 65C8 link, and that's a special price only thru 10/13



I love Costco and their customer service/ policies but after taxes that is over $800 more than the avg $2300 they are selling for at Beach, CP or Greentoe. I'll deal with extra hassle for 35% savings every time.


Beach was 2249 last Sunday and Greentoe countered someone at 2240 yesterday, so I'm sure with a call in negotiation of $2200 would be no problem

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
mrpickem is offline  
post #892 of 2576 Old 09-19-2018, 06:06 AM
Member
 
Rogco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpickem View Post
Costco is $2950 + tax for 65C8 link, and that's a special price only thru 10/13



I love Costco and their customer service/ policies but after taxes that is over $800 more than the avg $2300 they are selling for at Beach, CP or Greentoe. I'll deal with extra hassle for 35% savings every time.


Beach was 2249 last Sunday and Greentoe countered someone at 2240 yesterday, so I'm sure with a call in negotiation of $2200 would be no problem
When you say a call in negotiation, who would that be with?
Rogco is offline  
post #893 of 2576 Old 09-19-2018, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
lsorensen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,861
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1547 Post(s)
Liked: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB2 View Post
You should have read my post better. I did contact the reseller and they were prepared to exchange the unit for me until they saw that I purchased through Greentoe. When they saw that I had purchased through Greentoe they said all I could do was either contact LG to have it serviced or since I was within the 30 day return period I could return the unit and purchase another one.

So to be clear, if I had purchased directly from the reseller they would have issued an exchange unit at no charge.

Since I purchased through Greentoe, they refused to issue an exchange unit.

I would imagine Greentoe takes a small margin on the sale, and the prices people are getting are quite low so not much margin left for the seller. They may simply consider the margin low enough when selling through greentoe that they don't want to provide any extra service that LG is really responsible for, since there isn't any money left in it for them if they do.

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
lsorensen is offline  
post #894 of 2576 Old 09-19-2018, 06:43 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsorensen View Post
I would imagine Greentoe takes a small margin on the sale, and the prices people are getting are quite low so not much margin left for the seller. They may simply consider the margin low enough when selling through greentoe that they don't want to provide any extra service that LG is really responsible for, since there isn't any money left in it for them if they do.
I like the way you think.

Worst that could happen is the reseller says, "No," and you're no better off than where you started from.

Report back if you get a better deal than GT.
newty25 is offline  
post #895 of 2576 Old 09-19-2018, 09:15 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anyone try order a 55 c8 from Greentoe in the last few days?

My offer was accepted late thurs and I got an email late mon saying the reseller has sold out and I would need to wait until around the 28th for new stock to ship but they would still need to charge my card now to keep the honored price. I told them ok yesterday am but up until now my card has not been charged.

Curious if others are in the same boat?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tranzotic54 is offline  
post #896 of 2576 Old 09-19-2018, 09:24 AM
CHG
Advanced Member
 
CHG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 778
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpickem View Post
Costco is $2950 + tax for 65C8 link, and that's a special price only thru 10/13



I love Costco and their customer service/ policies but after taxes that is over $800 more than the avg $2300 they are selling for at Beach, CP or Greentoe. I'll deal with extra hassle for 35% savings every time.


Beach was 2249 last Sunday and Greentoe countered someone at 2240 yesterday, so I'm sure with a call in negotiation of $2200 would be no problem


You also have to factor in that you get a $200 Costco gift card, second year warranty, and the 3 year Square Trade warranty, plus 90 day return policy from Costco. Then, if you are a executive member, another 2% back. Plus, a few states don't have sales tax.


FOR ME, brings the price difference down to around $350. Still a fair amount of money, but I am still deciding.
CHG is offline  
post #897 of 2576 Old 09-19-2018, 01:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
mrpickem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 726
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHG View Post
You also have to factor in that you get a $200 Costco gift card, second year warranty, and the 3 year Square Trade warranty, plus 90 day return policy from Costco. Then, if you are a executive member, another 2% back. Plus, a few states don't have sales tax.


FOR ME, brings the price difference down to around $350. Still a fair amount of money, but I am still deciding.
I bought the Square Trade warranty because how can you lose with 4 years for $99. You can but that no matter where you buy TV as long as its an authorized dealer. I have heard a lot of negatives about ST warranties, but still worth risk at that price.

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
mrpickem is offline  
post #898 of 2576 Old 09-19-2018, 04:15 PM
Member
 
Russellmania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHG View Post
You also have to factor in that you get a $200 Costco gift card, second year warranty, and the 3 year Square Trade warranty, plus 90 day return policy from Costco. Then, if you are a executive member, another 2% back. Plus, a few states don't have sales tax.


FOR ME, brings the price difference down to around $350. Still a fair amount of money, but I am still deciding.
Yeah, I'm thinking about the Costco deal right now. The tax appears to be about 3% where I live if I order the TV online.
The subtotal is:
$3092 (after tax)
-$200 gift card
-$118 (2% for executive membership, 2% for using the costco visa card)
= $2774 total

and that gives me 7 years of warranty coverage! (1 yr LG, 1 yr Costco, 3 yrs squaretrade, 2 yrs from the Citi Visa card)

Plus the peace of mind that if the TV arrives and the panel sucks I have 90 days to return it.

Right now I have a Vizio PQ65 that I got from Costco for ~1730 after taxes and the squaretrade warranty (but 4% back as noted above). I'm definitely going to return it soon because it has bad banding/DSE when watching hockey. I'm still trying to decide if I just try again with the PQ65 (it's a very good TV aside from the banding), or just pony up for the OLED. But this is all to replace a C6 OLED that developed a line of dead pixels out of warranty so the peace of mind and warranty coverage I can get from Costco is important to me.
Russellmania is offline  
post #899 of 2576 Old 09-19-2018, 05:02 PM
Newbie
 
01f4irider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 12
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 25
So on Sunday when I saw the "promotional price" on LG's website drop to $2799.99, I called Best Buy to see if they'd price match to that price and the lady told me she couldn't because you can't actually buy it from LG's website (which is true.) At that point I said okay and was about to hang up when she said "Well hold on a sec. Let's see if we can find you someplace we can price match to." She looked around for about a minute and then told me that she could in fact price match to B&H.com with a price of $2,636.95! I thought to myself "Wait a minute. I just checked that website and the price was still $2999.99, but who am I to argue?" After we placed the order, picked it up from a store an hour away, and mounted it to my wall, I had time to figure out what happened. The Best Buy rep actually price matched to the price of a used unit! I never get this lucky!
lorenzo1000, Jin-X and dnoonie like this.

LG OLED65C8PUA Display
Sony UBP-X700 Blu-Ray Player
Sony STRDN1080 Receiver
Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2 Fronts, C6.2 Center, A4.2 Atmos Speakers & Polk T15 Surrounds
SVS PB-1000 Subwoofer
01f4irider is offline  
post #900 of 2576 Old 09-20-2018, 08:29 PM
Senior Member
 
Jin-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 364
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 175 Post(s)
Liked: 212
Price on LG site is back up 2999 for 65C8. Since stores never changed the price, looks like the ppl that run the site jumped the gun on a soon to be coming cut.
Jin-X is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off