2018 LG OLED Deals - B/C/E/G/W Series - Page 32 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 617Likes

post #931 of 2559 Old 09-25-2018, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
New to posting, but have used this forum on many occasions over the years. Wanted to share my recent Greentoe/BC experience and get feedback to see if anyone else has had similar issues with the 77in C8.

Background:
Offer accepted and CC charged 27 AUG. 77in C8 shipped with Team WW. Unfortunately, there was a mix up and the TV ended up going to FL when it was supposed to be delivered to CA. TWW figured out the issue after about a week and had it re-routed to the correct delivery address. Delivery attempted on 19 SEP. Drivers were very helpful and waited for inspection.

TV box was in good shape with only minor scuffs on the outside. However, the screen ended up with pressure marks/scuffs all over it where the manufacturing packaging touched it. My guess is that since it had to travel across the country road vibrations caused it to chafe against the foam cover that is between the screen and the larger Styrofoam pieces.

It surprised me that there was no protective film on the screen to prevent chaffing like this. Most other high end TV's have a protective film that you remove after install. BC ensured me that they ship the TV’s the same way they receive them from LG.
Team WW recommended that I refuse delivery when showed them pictures. I refused delivery and TV has been sent back. Still waiting on BC to provide any resolution but they have said they will eventually.

I’d like to order another one as the deal is solid at $5k, but I’m concerned that without protective film on the screen minor scuffs are inevitable. I’d appreciate any experiences from others who have recently had the 77in C8 delivered. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 2559 Old 09-25-2018, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Turner View Post
New to posting, but have used this forum on many occasions over the years. Wanted to share my recent Greentoe/BC experience and get feedback to see if anyone else has had similar issues with the 77in C8.

Background:
Offer accepted and CC charged 27 AUG. 77in C8 shipped with Team WW. Unfortunately, there was a mix up and the TV ended up going to FL when it was supposed to be delivered to CA. TWW figured out the issue after about a week and had it re-routed to the correct delivery address. Delivery attempted on 19 SEP. Drivers were very helpful and waited for inspection.

TV box was in good shape with only minor scuffs on the outside. However, the screen ended up with pressure marks/scuffs all over it where the manufacturing packaging touched it. My guess is that since it had to travel across the country road vibrations caused it to chafe against the foam cover that is between the screen and the larger Styrofoam pieces.

It surprised me that there was no protective film on the screen to prevent chaffing like this. Most other high end TV's have a protective film that you remove after install. BC ensured me that they ship the TV’s the same way they receive them from LG.
Team WW recommended that I refuse delivery when showed them pictures. I refused delivery and TV has been sent back. Still waiting on BC to provide any resolution but they have said they will eventually.

I’d like to order another one as the deal is solid at $5k, but I’m concerned that without protective film on the screen minor scuffs are inevitable. I’d appreciate any experiences from others who have recently had the 77in C8 delivered. Thanks.
Hi Aaron -

(Important to note - we found d77' OLED deal through buydig and purchased through Beach - not sure there is a meaningful distinction here but wanted to mention).

I just received the 77' OLED from Beach Camera (via WW Delivery) last Friday. The box was in excellent condition and, to your inquiry, there was most definitely a thin protective film on both the back and front of the unit. I'd be concerned that this was a previously returned unit that was repackaged as new - many things are easy to replicate but that thin film is not.

Please reach out via PM if I can provide any additional information.

pjbrien
post #933 of 2559 Old 09-25-2018, 04:56 PM

Very interesting. Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm, it was a 77C8PUA (2018 model) that had a protective film?

If this is the norm, it is a little bit concerning that either a TV left the LG factory without protective film OR someone along the chain had opened the box. The straps (shipping bands) were secured around the box, but I did notice some marks almost as if the box had been re-banded.

Either way, I do appreciative the info and will consider giving it another shot once I see BC refund the charge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #934 of 2559 Old 09-25-2018, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1174 Post(s)
Liked: 1051
Bought my 77C8 directly from Beach about two weeks ago. The screen had one thin protective film covering the screen and three thin protective film coverings on the back.
My box is in excellent condition also.
Best LG OLED I have ever seen.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"
LG77C8, Klein K10-A, Jeti 1211, CMS Lightspace, Calman home plus licence for K10-A, Murideo 6G.
post #935 of 2559 Old 09-25-2018, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Very interesting. Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm, it was a 77C8PUA (2018 model) that had a protective film?

If this is the norm, it is a little bit concerning that either a TV left the LG factory without protective film OR someone along the chain had opened the box. The straps (shipping bands) were secured around the box, but I did notice some marks almost as if the box had been re-banded.

Either way, I do appreciative the info and will consider giving it another shot once I see BC refund the charge.

Purchased my 77C8PUA through Cleveland Plasma a month ago and it arrived with a protective film covering the screen, along with the three pieces on the back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

________

LG OLED 77C8PUA...stunning!
LG UBK90 Ultra Player
Denon AVR-X2300W
post #936 of 2559 Old 09-25-2018, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 199
Bought my 77C8 from CP and was shipped from Beach Aug 18. It was delivered to Florida Aug 22. The screen had one thin protective film covering the screen and three thin protective film coverings on the back.
The box was in excellent condition also.

Definitely seems like they sent you a return.

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
post #937 of 2559 Old 09-25-2018, 07:57 PM

Really appreciate all the info. I'll give it another try. Makes sense that LG would protect the actual screen. Every other aspect of the packaging made sense. I'll talk to Beach when they open back up on Thursday.
post #938 of 2559 Old 09-26-2018, 01:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 1174 Post(s)
Liked: 1051
Quote:

All settings > General > About this TV > TV Information > Total Power On Time.
That will tell you how many hours are on your 77C8.

ss

"Don't worry be happy"
LG77C8, Klein K10-A, Jeti 1211, CMS Lightspace, Calman home plus licence for K10-A, Murideo 6G.
post #939 of 2559 Old 09-26-2018, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 13
2018 LG OLED Deals - B/C/E/G/W Series

I’m getting very frustrated with Greentoe and I’m wondering if anyone else is having this problem:

My offer for a 55 c8 was excepted on 9/13 and received an email on 9/14 saying that the retailer requested a verification in the form of a working email or LinkedIn profile Which I immediately sent in even though I found that a little sketchy (I know that others experienced this as well so I let it go)

In that same email it also said that once it was submitted the processing of the order would go through quickly.... Then On 9/17
I received an email saying that the retailer has sold out stock of the tv but was willing to honor the price as long as I allow them to charge the card now and the estimated ship date would be around 9/28. Again I say ok. So now as of today 9/26 my card has still not been charged. I tried to call and email greentoe several times and I get nowhere.

I even tried to call beach/buydig to see if they can help me and they said they had no such order in the system and that the 55 c8 has been in stock this whole time.
Is it possible the retailer is not beach/buydig?

In one of the emails i was given the option to cancel my order and I’m seriously considering doing so and then ordering directly through beach/buydig but unfortunately they aren’t honoring the 1499 price rite now via phone special so I’d have to wait some more.

I’m curious if I anyone else is going through the same issues? Has anyone ordered a 55 c8 on or after 9/13 that has actually shipped and if so who was the retailer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #940 of 2559 Old 09-26-2018, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman View Post
According to LG customer support, a TV sales retailer/dealer doesn't have to be authorized by LG to sell LG TVs. It makes no difference if you need warranty service. LG provides authorized retailers sales support including advertising. A LG customer support representative told me Ebay is an authorized online retailer. I don't know what sales support Ebay would be able to provide to a buyer.

Let me expand upon this even further as I've often wondered about this. I've seen people ask if purchasing from non-authorized dealers was a potential warranty issue only to read, "I didn't have a problem"...which doesn't really answer the question.

So I called LG 3 separate times (lest someone give me erroneous info the first time) and they said the exact same thing...you do NOT need to purchase from an authorized dealer for your TV to be covered under LG's warranty. I repeated the question with each person 3 times (phrased differently but I'm sure no less annoying to them) and they never faltered with the answer. As long as you have a receipt and it is a new, unopened item, you are covered.

So why does LG state on their website that products purchased from non-authorized dealers may not be covered under warranty? I was given 2 reasons by the three people I spoke to: 1) they're promoting their authorized dealers (was mentioned once) and, 2) some unauthorized dealers have sold refurbished or returned products (was mentioned twice). Opened or refurbished items are not covered under warranty.

Obviously some non-authorized dealers are better and more reputable than others, so the decision is ultimately yours but as far as LG is concerned, your warranty with them is valid regardless...as long as you have a valid US receipt for a new/unopened TV.

LCD is the MP3 of the TV world
post #941 of 2559 Old 09-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 66
On another note, is LG expected to drop prices on the 77C8 around Thanksgiving? I almost bought one from a well known online vendor but am holding off to see if the price will go down further.

LCD is the MP3 of the TV world
post #942 of 2559 Old 09-26-2018, 04:48 PM
Coyote Waits

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked: 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by robi1138 View Post
So why does LG state on their website that products purchased from non-authorized dealers may not be covered under warranty? I was given 2 reasons by the three people I spoke to: 1) they're promoting their authorized dealers (was mentioned once) and, 2) some unauthorized dealers have sold refurbished or returned products (was mentioned twice). Opened or refurbished items are not covered under warranty.
May not and will not are very different. Watching out for unscrupulous dealers who sell opened sets as new is one of the dangers of buying from an unknown source. There are also the return policy gotchas to be careful about.

I would trust anyone that @sillysally buys from. He is in no way "silly" with his money if you don't count headphones.

I'm happy with the Costco 90 day no hassle return policy even though I've never returned an electronic device ever.
sillysally likes this.

My Components:
Denon X3400H, OPPO UDP-203 & BDP-93, Xfinity XG1-P, Vizio PQ, Roku 3 & Ultra 2018
Calibration Resources:
Customer's Reports -- Professional Calibrations
Calibrator's locations and tour areas.
post #943 of 2559 Old 09-26-2018, 06:40 PM
Advanced Member

Was in Costco today and they have the 55C8 for $2049 less a $150 mail in rebate from LG. Not the best price but for peeps afraid to buy online that one of the best local big box store prices I've seen, plus you get extra year warranty free and the exceptional 90 day no question return policy

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
post #944 of 2559 Old 09-27-2018, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 4
77" C8 From Massdrop should be arriving any day now. Waiting on call from shipping company to schedule delivery, they are in the process of getting a shipping company in my town to come pick up they said.

Looks like Massdrop also is cancelling some people's order claiming "Backorder" even though less than 20 joined the dropped. Thinking only first 10 in got them.
post #945 of 2559 Old 09-27-2018, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikahi View Post
77" C8 From Massdrop should be arriving any day now. Waiting on call from shipping company to schedule delivery, they are in the process of getting a shipping company in my town to come pick up they said.

Looks like Massdrop also is cancelling some people's order claiming "Backorder" even though less than 20 joined the dropped. Thinking only first 10 in got them.
That sucks they cancelled some orders, I ended up cancelling mine and went with the buydig beach camera deal a couple weeks ago. Enjoy your new set!
post #946 of 2559 Old 09-30-2018, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 135
When are we expecting the next "official" LG price drop? Looking at camelcamel tracking of the C7, it should be happening next weekend since there was no movement today?

Edit: I think I found the answer, it's next Sunday. Costco now shows price valid through 10/6 for the C8, previously it was mid October. Hope its to 2500, but likely the 2799 one they have shown a few times.

Last edited by Jin-X; 09-30-2018 at 07:12 AM.
post #947 of 2559 Old 09-30-2018, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 253
So, is the typical pattern a price drop in early-mid October and then another one around Black Friday?
post #948 of 2559 Old 09-30-2018, 07:16 PM
Advanced Member

here's 65C7 history on Amazon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	134
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	2462374  

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
post #949 of 2559 Old 10-01-2018, 06:59 AM

As long as the 77" C8 doesn't drop below $5000 on Black Friday I'm good lol. Wife already wants to kill me for ordering and not waiting for "Holiday sales" I'm thinking it will stay around the $6999 range, $5999 at the lowest.... not really a TV people are bargain shopping for on Black Friday I told her.
post #950 of 2559 Old 10-01-2018, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman View Post
According to LG customer support, a TV sales retailer/dealer doesn't have to be authorized by LG to sell LG TVs. It makes no difference if you need warranty service. LG provides authorized retailers sales support including advertising. A LG customer support representative told me Ebay is an authorized online retailer. I don't know what sales support Ebay would be able to provide to a buyer.
Actually... direct from the LG website:

https://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddeal...ized_retailers

"Products purchased from retailers not authorized by LG may not be eligible for warranty or these other benefits."

Someone else already mentioned that they called LG on this. I think I'd still rather buy from an authorized dealer.

Last edited by newty25; 10-01-2018 at 08:06 AM.
post #951 of 2559 Old 10-01-2018, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Received my 65C8 for $2249 from Buydig/Beach Camera a few days ago. Couldn't be happier with the product thus far. The panel is perfect and the delivery guy even helped me put the stand together and powered it up before I signed for it. Great experience except that shipping took 1 and 1/2 weeks.
bshef likes this.
post #952 of 2559 Old 10-01-2018, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
As long as the 77" C8 doesn't drop below $5000 on Black Friday I'm good lol. Wife already wants to kill me for ordering and not waiting for "Holiday sales" I'm thinking it will stay around the $6999 range, $5999 at the lowest.... not really a TV people are bargain shopping for on Black Friday I told her.
Mass drop has it for $4999!
post #953 of 2559 Old 10-01-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownman6 View Post
Mass drop has it for $4999!
I got mine from Massdrop for that price luckily. It ended weeks ago, they also cancelled several orders. Mine arrives tomorrow. I don't think any mainstream retailers will have for less than the price I stated
post #954 of 2559 Old 10-01-2018, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newty25 View Post
Actually... direct from the LG website:

https://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddeal...ized_retailers

"Products purchased from retailers not authorized by LG may not be eligible for warranty or these other benefits."

Someone else already mentioned that they called LG on this. I think I'd still rather buy from an authorized dealer.
As long as the TV is new your are good. Buy from Massdrop they send you an email directly from LG with your warranty. Not going to get into the legal mumbo jumbo, but it's against the law to not honor a warranty for a new product no matter where it's sold from.
post #955 of 2559 Old 10-02-2018, 04:15 AM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
I got mine from Massdrop for that price luckily. It ended weeks ago, they also cancelled several orders. Mine arrives tomorrow. I don't think any mainstream retailers will have for less than the price I stated
There Is a new Massdrop sale. It ends tomorrow for all 3 sizes
post #956 of 2559 Old 10-02-2018, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Damn, that's even ****tier they cancelled some people's the day they were supposed to ship with a "Lack of inventory excuse" on September 28 and held their $5k for so long.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/lg-77-c...q/talk/2213455

Just glad mine didn't get cancelled, redid a wall in my house for the TV. Hopefully a few of you guys can take advantage of it! .... any minute now for me, delivery is schedule in the next 2 hour window
dnoonie likes this.
post #957 of 2559 Old 10-02-2018, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Greentoe came through - I got my 65" C8 for $2249. Shipped last Wednesday, arrived yesterday. All hooked up and couldn't be happier!
bshef likes this.

TV: LG OLED65C8PUA
Front L & R/Center: Sierra-2/Sierra-2 center
Front Highs/Surrounds: Polk RTi A3/Polk RTi A1
Receiver/Blu-ray: Marantz SR6012/Oppo 203-D
Subwoofer: Rythmik FV15HP w/ miniDSP 2x4 HD
post #958 of 2559 Old 10-02-2018, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
From the Massdrop website under shipping:

Shipping

Domestic orders will be shipped by the vendor.
Estimated ship date is Oct 22, 2018 PT.
After the drop ends, payment will be collected and the group’s order will be submitted to the vendor up front, making all sales final. Check the discussion page for updates on your order.
post #959 of 2559 Old 10-02-2018, 05:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 859 Post(s)
Liked: 852
If I found a local store selling a brand new 65" B8 for $1,999 that's including tax, should i jump on it? Havent bought a tv since 2008...
post #960 of 2559 Old 10-02-2018, 07:58 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4770
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoJustGeo View Post
If I found a local store selling a brand new 65" B8 for $1,999 that's including tax, should i jump on it? Havent bought a tv since 2008...
Pretty good deal especially if you have return rights...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page