2018 LG OLED Deals - B/C/E/G/W Series - Page 43 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 617Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1261 of 2571 Old 11-20-2018, 01:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jjackkrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,276
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2223 Post(s)
Liked: 2331
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoonie View Post
Well...I just bought a 65C8 from Video only for $2100 and a Pioneer Elite receiver VSX-LX303 for $470, for my parents.

I'll pick it up tomorrow.
Now what to do with the plasma...

Cheers,
Did VO have any 77"er's in? I may head in today and see.
jjackkrash is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1262 of 2571 Old 11-20-2018, 06:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dnoonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Seattle, WA area
Posts: 1,367
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackkrash View Post
Did VO have any 77"er's in? I may head in today and see.

Not in Tukwila/Southcenter.


Cheers,
jjackkrash likes this.

OPPO UDP-205, LG OLED65C8, OPPO BDP-93, Pioneer Kuro Pro-150FD, Dynaudio 2x BM-12a Mk III Mains, 2x BM 6a Mk II surround, 2x BM 14s Subs, Allan and Heath MixWizard, room is 11'7"x 16'6"x 8" dedicated and treated. Tripp-Lite UPSs/power conditioners (because my power isn't as clean as it used to be)
dnoonie is offline  
post #1263 of 2571 Old 11-20-2018, 10:28 PM
Member
 
p-nation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhapsody1 View Post
Did you call BuyDig/Beach and get it for 2049 or less?



I didn't! I'm still waiting to see if Greentoe meets me halfway - I have a 2100 offer and my rate is 2000. I've got 3 days left, but if they don't meet me at 2049 tomorrow by noon or so, I'll probably give them a call and say 'I've got my credit card in hand - 2049 please!'
p-nation is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1264 of 2571 Old 11-21-2018, 06:57 AM
Member
 
pstaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperco View Post
65 C8 was this price yesterday at newegg, I suspect that this price will come back sometime during black friday/cyber monday.
Per Greentoe: "We are aware that NewEgg may have had a price of $1899 (65C8) for a few minutes yesterday. It is my understanding that this was an error and once they realized it they updated the price back to $2496."

Best offer through Greentoe is currently $2099 (free ship, no tax). Was told that if I raised my offer to $2099, it would be instantly accepted. My offer of $2000 still has a few days, so I'm holding. I AM A MAN OF PRINCIPLE!
pstaz is offline  
post #1265 of 2571 Old 11-21-2018, 07:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
jterp7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 527
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstaz View Post
Per Greentoe: "We are aware that NewEgg may have had a price of $1899 (65C8) for a few minutes yesterday. It is my understanding that this was an error and once they realized it they updated the price back to $2496."

Best offer through Greentoe is currently $2099 (free ship, no tax). Was told that if I raised my offer to $2099, it would be instantly accepted. My offer of $2000 still has a few days, so I'm holding. I AM A MAN OF PRINCIPLE!
Yea i got that too. I agree stand pat haha.
jterp7 is offline  
post #1266 of 2571 Old 11-21-2018, 09:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
jterp7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 527
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Ebay app code works on the e8 and c8 albeit maxed at $100
jterp7 is offline  
post #1267 of 2571 Old 11-21-2018, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
JoeBloggz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Southeast, MA
Posts: 810
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Newegg has 65E8 for $2249

https://flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIADG578Z8707

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Dexman likes this.

Pioneer Pro111FD viewed from 7'------>Picture mode, ISF Day(calibrated by umr)
Sony PS4
JoeBloggz is offline  
post #1268 of 2571 Old 11-21-2018, 12:20 PM
Advanced Member
 
hiperco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: "Greater Binghamton Area"
Posts: 738
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBloggz View Post
Newegg has 65E8 for $2249

https://flash.newegg.com/Product/9SIADG578Z8707

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Nope, sold by a third party (Echo and Optics) who are on the LG naughty list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
hiperco is online now  
post #1269 of 2571 Old 11-21-2018, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jjackkrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,276
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2223 Post(s)
Liked: 2331
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoonie View Post
Not in Tukwila/Southcenter.


Cheers,
They had one in Tacoma.
dnoonie likes this.
jjackkrash is offline  
post #1270 of 2571 Old 11-21-2018, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
jterp7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 527
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Asked my local bestbuy. It was rejected.
jterp7 is offline  
post #1271 of 2571 Old 11-21-2018, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dnoonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Seattle, WA area
Posts: 1,367
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackkrash View Post
They had one in Tacoma.

Awesome! Good luck! A 70 something is really what I wanted. They're a bit expensive still for my wallet at the moment. I figure I'll just wait till 2022 to upgrade again and get a 75 inch then.

My dad's bringing his SUV over so we can pick up my 65. I'll need some help moving the Plasma, my dad helped last time but he might not be able to this time. I'll call a buddy and get some help.


Cheers,
jjackkrash likes this.

OPPO UDP-205, LG OLED65C8, OPPO BDP-93, Pioneer Kuro Pro-150FD, Dynaudio 2x BM-12a Mk III Mains, 2x BM 6a Mk II surround, 2x BM 14s Subs, Allan and Heath MixWizard, room is 11'7"x 16'6"x 8" dedicated and treated. Tripp-Lite UPSs/power conditioners (because my power isn't as clean as it used to be)
dnoonie is offline  
post #1272 of 2571 Old 11-21-2018, 03:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
hiperco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: "Greater Binghamton Area"
Posts: 738
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnoonie View Post
Awesome!
My dad's bringing his SUV over so we can pick up my 65.
Is it OK to transport these OLED's tipped sideways? (On its back etc) The LG website says no, but I can't imagine that they are so delicate that a few soft miles riding on their back would hurt them...
hiperco is online now  
post #1273 of 2571 Old 11-21-2018, 03:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
jjackkrash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,276
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2223 Post(s)
Liked: 2331
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperco View Post
Is it OK to transport these OLED's tipped sideways? (On its back etc) The LG website says no, but I can't imagine that they are so delicate that a few soft miles riding on their back would hurt them...
The dealer said no problem for few miles. If it comes out broken mine is going back.
jjackkrash is offline  
post #1274 of 2571 Old 11-21-2018, 04:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dnoonie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Seattle, WA area
Posts: 1,367
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperco View Post
Is it OK to transport these OLED's tipped sideways? (On its back etc) The LG website says no, but I can't imagine that they are so delicate that a few soft miles riding on their back would hurt them...

VO said it's okay. Like you said it is likely fine for a few miles, but the stresses on the set/box combo seem to be designed to be supported with the TV in a vertical/bottom down position. And I'd certainly not set ANYTHING ont he box when it's laying down, it's just not made to support ANY weight in that direction.



Cheers,

OPPO UDP-205, LG OLED65C8, OPPO BDP-93, Pioneer Kuro Pro-150FD, Dynaudio 2x BM-12a Mk III Mains, 2x BM 6a Mk II surround, 2x BM 14s Subs, Allan and Heath MixWizard, room is 11'7"x 16'6"x 8" dedicated and treated. Tripp-Lite UPSs/power conditioners (because my power isn't as clean as it used to be)
dnoonie is offline  
post #1275 of 2571 Old 11-22-2018, 12:07 AM
Member
 
xboxhaxorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstaz View Post
Per Greentoe: "We are aware that NewEgg may have had a price of $1899 (65C8) for a few minutes yesterday. It is my understanding that this was an error and once they realized it they updated the price back to $2496."

Best offer through Greentoe is currently $2099 (free ship, no tax). Was told that if I raised my offer to $2099, it would be instantly accepted. My offer of $2000 still has a few days, so I'm holding. I AM A MAN OF PRINCIPLE!
If nothing better comes along on BF we could potentially offer them a group buy say 5+ people for under $2k
xboxhaxorz is offline  
post #1276 of 2571 Old 11-22-2018, 04:14 AM
Member
 
pstaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxhaxorz View Post
If nothing better comes along on BF we could potentially offer them a group buy say 5+ people for under $2k

GrouponToe! I’m holding out for $2k until CM, and then will reassess.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pstaz is offline  
post #1277 of 2571 Old 11-22-2018, 01:30 PM
Member
 
R-Type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxhaxorz View Post
If nothing better comes along on BF we could potentially offer them a group buy say 5+ people for under $2k
I'd be in on that if my current greentoe offer of 2000 doesn't get any bites.
R-Type is offline  
post #1278 of 2571 Old 11-22-2018, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
jterp7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 527
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Authorized dealers have it at 2600 now. Does this mean buydig will have it for 1950 for call in next time?
jterp7 is offline  
post #1279 of 2571 Old 11-22-2018, 06:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 5
First Class TVs has the 65C8 on Ebay today (still available) for $1999 with free shipping and optional Square Trade protection plans.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-OLED65C8...6f6P:rk:8:pf:0
First Class TVs isn't an authorized LG dealer but members of this forum have given them good reviews. Under LG's list of authorized dealers they have a longer list of unauthorized dealers including, Cleveland Plasma, Greentoe and Massdrop: https://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddeal...ized_retailers
New24K likes this.
Dexman is offline  
post #1280 of 2571 Old 11-22-2018, 06:58 PM
Member
 
pstaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman View Post
First Class TVs has the 65C8 on Ebay today (still available) for $1999 with free shipping and optional Square Trade protection plans.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-OLED65C8...6f6P:rk:8:pf:0
First Class TVs isn't an authorized LG dealer but members of this forum have given them good reviews. Under LG's list of authorized dealers they have a longer list of unauthorized dealers including, Cleveland Plasma, Greentoe and Massdrop: https://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddeal...ized_retailers
Despite being listed on LG's site, my understanding is Greentoe merely connects buyers with authorized retailers. In other words, Greentoe does not sell anything itself. I would think people like First Class TVs are a notch below places like Greentoe on the scale of reputability.
pstaz is offline  
post #1281 of 2571 Old 11-22-2018, 08:16 PM
Member
 
R-Type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstaz View Post
Despite being listed on LG's site, my understanding is Greentoe merely connects buyers with authorized retailers. In other words, Greentoe does not sell anything itself. I would think people like First Class TVs are a notch below places like Greentoe on the scale of reputability.
This is my understanding as well, LG can say GreenToe is unauthorized but at the end of the day, your receipt doesn't come from GreenToe. Rather your set will ship with a receipt from an authorized retailer that is unable to advertise the prices they're willing to sell these for, yet they're authorized all the same.
R-Type is offline  
post #1282 of 2571 Old 11-22-2018, 11:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pstaz View Post
Despite being listed on LG's site, my understanding is Greentoe merely connects buyers with authorized retailers. In other words, Greentoe does not sell anything itself. I would think people like First Class TVs are a notch below places like Greentoe on the scale of reputability.
I understand LG's position and understand why Greentoe appears on the list. The list and warning shows authorized dealers that LG is protecting the dealer agreement. As a retired manufacturer's rep I can tell you the dealer agreement doesn't allow the dealer to sell through 3rd parties regardless of what the receipt shows. How can a dealer be considered reputable if they violate their dealer agreement? In reality, dealers violate agreements and even sell to unauthorized dealers to meet quotas and to achieve levels for better pricing from the manufacturer. LG has the ability to trace the serial # back to the dealer - but they won't because they want the sale as much as the dealer. In the US, the consumer/end user is protected by the manufacturer's warranty as long as the TV is a US model.

The dealer agreement is a dealer recruiting tool for LG. Dealers are selected by their ability to move product. As much as LG would like you to believe it, a dealer agreement doesn't guarantee good customer service from the dealer. I have seen unauthorized dealers that provide a higher level of customer service than authorized dealers. Many times the unauthorized dealer is an authorized dealer for a competing product line. To be safe, consider purchasing with a credit card from a retailer that has good reviews from someone you know or from ratings such as BBB, Yelp or Ebay.
Dexman is offline  
post #1283 of 2571 Old 11-23-2018, 06:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
flycaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 679
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Just had a $1600 offer for a 55C8 accepted on Greentoe. Order is in process and I don't yet know who is the seller.
flycaster is offline  
post #1284 of 2571 Old 11-23-2018, 06:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
hiperco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: "Greater Binghamton Area"
Posts: 738
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Just bought a C8 from buydig (authorized retailer) through google express for $1899.

I told you this price would be back

LINK: https://express.google.com/u/0/produ...23310740_15953

(Final price is after coupon, visible during the checkout process)

Last edited by hiperco; 11-23-2018 at 07:03 AM. Reason: added link
hiperco is online now  
post #1285 of 2571 Old 11-23-2018, 07:16 AM
Member
 
R-Type's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperco View Post
Just bought a C8 from buydig (authorized retailer) through google express for $1899.

I told you this price would be back

LINK: https://express.google.com/u/0/produ...23310740_15953

(Final price is after coupon, visible during the checkout process)
Dude, thanks a ton! I snagged one for 1899 as well, and to think I was almost going to buy a B8 for that price two days ago *shudder*.
R-Type is offline  
post #1286 of 2571 Old 11-23-2018, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member
 
jterp7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 527
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 22
argh missed it again
jterp7 is offline  
post #1287 of 2571 Old 11-23-2018, 07:40 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by jterp7 View Post
argh missed it again
65 C8 on Ebay at Five Star Buy for $1899:https://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-OLED65B8...5.c10#viTabs_0
Dexman is offline  
post #1288 of 2571 Old 11-23-2018, 07:44 AM
Member
 
jperrybp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Merrimack, New Hampshire
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jterp7 View Post
argh missed it again
Yes me too. Sold out. And I had an outstanding offer at the time for $1950 on Greentoe that got counter offered at $2099. Go figure.

I countered their $2099 with $1999 but not happy about spending $100 more that what was available while my offer was outstanding.

Revel F228Be, Revel C208, (2)Rythmik E15HP2, ATI 525NC, Marantz AV7704
jperrybp is offline  
post #1289 of 2571 Old 11-23-2018, 07:46 AM
Member
 
rjih's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Smyrna, GA
Posts: 141
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman View Post
I understand LG's position and understand why Greentoe appears on the list. The list and warning shows authorized dealers that LG is protecting the dealer agreement. As a retired manufacturer's rep I can tell you the dealer agreement doesn't allow the dealer to sell through 3rd parties regardless of what the receipt shows. How can a dealer be considered reputable if they violate their dealer agreement? In reality, dealers violate agreements and even sell to unauthorized dealers to meet quotas and to achieve levels for better pricing from the manufacturer. LG has the ability to trace the serial # back to the dealer - but they won't because they want the sale as much as the dealer. In the US, the consumer/end user is protected by the manufacturer's warranty as long as the TV is a US model.

The dealer agreement is a dealer recruiting tool for LG. Dealers are selected by their ability to move product. As much as LG would like you to believe it, a dealer agreement doesn't guarantee good customer service from the dealer. I have seen unauthorized dealers that provide a higher level of customer service than authorized dealers. Many times the unauthorized dealer is an authorized dealer for a competing product line. To be safe, consider purchasing with a credit card from a retailer that has good reviews from someone you know or from ratings such as BBB, Yelp or Ebay.
Another point to be made regarding warranty coverage results from the Magnuson-Moss Act, which is Federal Law that applies to businesses that issue warranties on their products. I am not an attorney, but the way I read the law, if a manufacturer wants to restrict warranty coverage to products purchased from an authorized retailer, that fact must be clearly stated in the warranty.

https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/busi...l-warranty-law
rjih is online now  
post #1290 of 2571 Old 11-23-2018, 07:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
jterp7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 527
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperrybp View Post
Yes me too. Sold out. And I had an outstanding offer at the time for $1950 on Greentoe that got counter offered at $2099. Go figure.

I countered their $2099 with $1999 but not happy about spending $100 more that what was available while my offer was outstanding.
Just wait for greentoe to say that 1899 is a price mistake again. Rofl, no it isnt its been offered twice at that price now by authorized dealers 1) newegg and now 2) buydig
jterp7 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off