2018 LG OLED Deals - B/C/E/G/W Series - Page 47 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 617Likes

post #1381 of 2570 Old 11-29-2018, 06:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by jruhnke View Post
Looks great--congrats! My FedEx status has been stuck on "Shipment information sent to FedEx" for 30+ hours, so I don't think I'm getting mine anytime soon...
Haven't even got shipment notification yet lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Pioneer Pro111FD viewed from 7'------>Picture mode, ISF Day(calibrated by umr)
Sony PS4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1382 of 2570 Old 11-29-2018, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 205
FirstClass still has E8 65 for $2249
I haven't seen any bad reviews of them but they are not an authorized dealer and they charge tax in state of Florida.

Like previous post said, give Beach or CP a call, they will give best price over phone and even negotiate a little.
Also Greentoe was accepting $2099 on the C8 as recent as Monday...so I would think maybe they still are.

So many people have stepped up to the LG oleds this year, it almost seems as if the C8 is in short supply...probably not for long

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
post #1383 of 2570 Old 11-29-2018, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperco View Post
Have you guys tried calling buydig directly? Seems they were at 2049 for the C8 recently.
Just called, said "we currently do not have any C8s available sir". I believe the supply channel is bone dry right now except for the full price shops. We will have to keep fishing I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1384 of 2570 Old 11-29-2018, 08:50 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Checked with Chris at CP and was quoted $2400 delivered right now for a 65" C8.
post #1385 of 2570 Old 11-29-2018, 09:04 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Right now, calling the authorized vendors (beach camera, buydig, etc....), they are all quoting the $2698 price. Most likely regulated from LG. Is anyone else seeing anything different?

And also, I thought Cleveland Plasma (AV) was an authorized vendor. Now that it seems that they are not, I'm hesitant to buy from them.

Tony
post #1386 of 2570 Old 11-29-2018, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by jruhnke View Post
Looks great--congrats! My FedEx status has been stuck on "Shipment information sent to FedEx" for 30+ hours, so I don't think I'm getting mine anytime soon...
i think the times are all over the place. My original information was updated tuesday morning but was not actually picked up by fedex until wed night (36hrs later lol).
post #1387 of 2570 Old 11-29-2018, 10:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2300 Post(s)
Liked: 3147
Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalla View Post
Right now, calling the authorized vendors (beach camera, buydig, etc....), they are all quoting the $2698 price. Most likely regulated from LG. Is anyone else seeing anything different?

And also, I thought Cleveland Plasma (AV) was an authorized vendor. Now that it seems that they are not, I'm hesitant to buy from them.

Tony

I have never read of an owner being denied service because of who they bought the display from. I can't imagine that one AVS member who bought an LG display over the last few years from an unauthorized source has not required a warranted repair. If service was denied, it would definitely be somewhere on this forum.
RichB and Dexman like this.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

LG OLED 65” B7 and 55” C8
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other stuff

Last edited by smurraybhm; 11-30-2018 at 05:46 AM.
post #1388 of 2570 Old 11-29-2018, 11:50 AM

so you're saying you would buy from Cleveland Plasma? They seem to have a good rep here. Can anyone comment on their service?

Tony
post #1389 of 2570 Old 11-29-2018, 01:11 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalla View Post
so you're saying you would buy from Cleveland Plasma? They seem to have a good rep here. Can anyone comment on their service?

Tony
I have purchased two televisions (Panasonic and current LG OLED) from Cleveland Plasma. Every aspect of the sale was done in a professional manner. I have ZERO complaints, and would highly recommend them. My LG has had two panels replaced under warranty. There was never a question regarding where, and with who, the purchase was made. I had to display my receipt only to show that I was within the warranty period.
lorenzo1000 and amagalla like this.
post #1390 of 2570 Old 11-29-2018, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jterp7 View Post
i think the times are all over the place. My original information was updated tuesday morning but was not actually picked up by fedex until wed night (36hrs later lol).
My C8 from Google Express was first scheduled by FedEx for tomorrow the 30th but then it sat in "Shipment information send to FedEx" for 36 hours. It was finally picked up from BuyDig last night at 10:00pm and arrived at the FedEx location in Newark NJ at 12:58am. No updates since. The new delivery date is now Monday. Kind of bummer because I was looking forward to checking it out this weekend but it's good to know it is finally on its way.

Revel F228Be, Revel C208, (2)Rythmik E15HP2, ATI 525NC, Marantz AV7704
post #1391 of 2570 Old 11-29-2018, 02:06 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Have you guys tried calling buydig directly? Seems they were at 2049 for the C8 recently.
Just called buydig 2299 for C8 I'll wait
post #1392 of 2570 Old 11-29-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncocap View Post
Just called buydig 2299 for C8 I'll wait
I just called them this morning and they quoted the $2698 price. Bastards. Still about $100~$200 more than I want to pay.

Tony
post #1393 of 2570 Old 11-29-2018, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBloggz View Post
Haven't even got shipment notification yet lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Just got my shipment notification from Google Express at 3:13 today! Delivery is scheduled for 12/4 here in Texas.

Last edited by zambine; 11-29-2018 at 05:19 PM.
post #1394 of 2570 Old 11-29-2018, 09:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 89
For those of you still waiting for your order to arrive, IT IS WORTH THE WAIT

I'm so happy that I bought an OLED (my first), even though it meant dropping 5" in size from my 70" Vizio LCD (such old school, lol) and postponing my desire for a larger screen. I spent some time watching the YouTube 4K channel tonight, what looked great in the store looks AMAZING at home!

PS I am still shocked that my TV was shipped upside down in the double box, please post if yours was too?
post #1395 of 2570 Old 11-30-2018, 06:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jperrybp View Post
My C8 from Google Express was first scheduled by FedEx for tomorrow the 30th but then it sat in "Shipment information send to FedEx" for 36 hours. It was finally picked up from BuyDig last night at 10:00pm and arrived at the FedEx location in Newark NJ at 12:58am. No updates since. The new delivery date is now Monday. Kind of bummer because I was looking forward to checking it out this weekend but it's good to know it is finally on its way.

I received the shipping notification on Nov 27. Scheduled delivery was supposed to be Nov 30th but FedEx hasn't picked up TV yet. BuyDig customer service told me yesterday that I need to contact Google Express regarding the status.
post #1396 of 2570 Old 11-30-2018, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstar15 View Post
I received the shipping notification on Nov 27. Scheduled delivery was supposed to be Nov 30th but FedEx hasn't picked up TV yet. BuyDig customer service told me yesterday that I need to contact Google Express regarding the status.
It will probably be picked up today. We got great deals on this TV from Google Express so I'm sure it will be worth the wait for you.The good news is that mine was picked up yesterday after sitting for 36 hours in "Shipment information send to FedEx" . But low and behold I got an email this morning saying it was on the FedEx truck out for delivery today. Woo Hoo! Very excited. And I get to spend a Friday working from home

Thanks to everyone on this thread for helping me score a great deal and a special shout out to @hiperco for the first heads up on the Google Express deal, which I missed out on, and especially for his second post the same day when the sale was back on which on got in on.

post #1397 of 2570 Old 11-30-2018, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 184 Post(s)
Quoted: 4378 Post(s)
Liked: 5347
I keep wondering if these sets being sold at lower prices are re-packs since these vendors seem to run out of them especially since you can buy as many LGs as you want right now at any authorized retail vendor. It would be really hard to tell since you can re-pack them up as good as the factory.

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
post #1398 of 2570 Old 11-30-2018, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
I keep wondering if these sets being sold at lower prices are re-packs since these vendors seem to run out of them especially since you can buy as many LGs as you want right now at any authorized retail vendor. It would be really hard to tell since you can re-pack them up as good as the factory.
Nice conspiracy theory.

I'm having mine professionally calibrated in a couple weeks by Gregg Loewen, President, Lion Audio Video Consultants Inc. (http://lionav.com/)
With the money I saved buying on Black Friday from Google Express I can get the professional calibration pretty much for what the TV would cost to buy now. Repackaged or not he'll be able to tell me if I got a good panel. BuyDig will allow returns and exchanges until January given the season so I feel very comfortable with my purchase.

Jim
lorenzo1000 likes this.

post #1399 of 2570 Old 11-30-2018, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
While repacks are a possibility, I suspect the lower prices are a result of lower prices being offered some dealers. The manufacture and sale of product has many pieces. The major manufacturers ship product worldwide to their wholesale divisions in different countries. Typically, these wholesale divisions operate as separate companies. Depending on the company and product some of these wholesale divisions may operate direct sale outlets (company stores) but for most, the mission is to facilitate the movement of product from the factory through resellers to end users. Some resellers may be distributors that are authorized to resell to other authorized dealers. This allows the manufacturer to practice just in time inventory levels. It also allows smaller dealers to buy product as needed.

There are many reasons for a manufacturer to temporarily move inventory at a lower price. Unreliable sales forecasts, competition and consumer spending trends are a few of the reasons. The manufacturers have many tools to move inventory. The wholesale divisions may secure lower pricing and they will provide dealers/resellers that move more product with better pricing, specials and other incentives. In order to maintain more profitable margins, manufacturers will limit these special sales to the resellers. It's most likely at the large dealers or distributors that leakage to unauthorized dealers occurs.
sda likes this.
post #1400 of 2570 Old 11-30-2018, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman View Post
Quote:
While repacks are a possibility, I suspect the lower prices are a result of lower prices being offered some dealers. The manufacture and sale of product has many pieces. The major manufacturers ship product worldwide to their wholesale divisions in different countries. Typically, these wholesale divisions operate as separate companies. Depending on the company and product some of these wholesale divisions may operate direct sale outlets (company stores) but for most, the mission is to facilitate the movement of product from the factory through resellers to end users. Some resellers may be distributors that are authorized to resell to other authorized dealers. This allows the manufacturer to practice just in time inventory levels. It also allows smaller dealers to buy product as needed.

There are many reasons for a manufacturer to temporarily move inventory at a lower price. Unreliable sales forecasts, competition and consumer spending trends are a few of the reasons. The manufacturers have many tools to move inventory. The wholesale divisions may secure lower pricing and they will provide dealers/resellers that move more product with better pricing, specials and other incentives. In order to maintain more profitable margins, manufacturers will limit these special sales to the resellers. It's most likely at the large dealers or distributors that leakage to unauthorized dealers occurs.
I woiuld tend to agree but I would think Best Buy probably sells the most sets and probably gets the lowest cost and their prices are consnstent with most retailers unless it’s an open box or a close out.

John
post #1401 of 2570 Old 11-30-2018, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
mine was updated this morning to delivery today. check your tracking
post #1402 of 2570 Old 11-30-2018, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

for those of you who have it already is there a "right way" to open the box quickly just to check that it powers on without completely assembling it?
post #1403 of 2570 Old 11-30-2018, 09:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Nice conspiracy theory.

I'm having mine professionally calibrated in a couple weeks by Gregg Loewen, President, Lion Audio Video Consultants Inc. (http://lionav.com/)
With the money I saved buying on Black Friday from Google Express I can get the professional calibration pretty much for what the TV would cost to buy now. Repackaged or not he'll be able to tell me if I got a good panel. BuyDig will allow returns and exchanges until January given the season so I feel very comfortable with my purchase.

Jim
When Gregg calibrates your set, ask him to measure the HDR peak luminance with a 10% window, of your LG and post it here. Although we will never understand why some sets are discounted and others not, this would be an interesting test. I'll explain once Gregg calibrates your set. Hopefully it will be perfect.

John
post #1404 of 2570 Old 11-30-2018, 09:35 AM

Quote:
When Gregg calibrates your set, ask him to measure the HDR peak luminance with a 10% window, of your LG and post it here. Although we will never understand why some sets are discounted and others not, this would be an interesting test. I'll explain once Gregg calibrates your set. Hopefully it will be perfect.
Will do. He gave me a Dec 14th-20th time frame so it will be a couple weeks for that information. Once I get the TV today I plan on setting it up in a side room and running break-in slides from DNice. The recommendation is to put the slides on vivid and "fast" speed slideshow using the tv's slideshow feature for 100 hours.

post #1405 of 2570 Old 11-30-2018, 09:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
for those of you who have it already is there a "right way" to open the box quickly just to check that it powers on without completely assembling it?
Its actually not very easy to unbox, so I'd have to say no. First trick is getting the double box open and off, ideally without laying the box down. Then once you open the actual box there is a jigsaw puzzle of foam to navigate, some of which you need to stuff back in the box as a support, and some that you use to hold the TV while you lay it face down to assemble the stand.

Note that my set was upside down in the outside box
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181128_195634.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	240.5 KB
ID:	2489380   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181128_200511.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	545.3 KB
ID:	2489382   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181128_202651.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	314.0 KB
ID:	2489384   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181128_202650.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	374.7 KB
ID:	2489386  
post #1406 of 2570 Old 11-30-2018, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
I woiuld tend to agree but I would think Best Buy probably sells the most sets and probably gets the lowest cost and their prices are consnstent with most retailers unless it’s an open box or a close out.
Some distributors move more than Best Buy and they don't have the overhead.
post #1407 of 2570 Old 11-30-2018, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Its actually not very easy to unbox, so I'd have to say no. First trick is getting the double box open and off, ideally without laying the box down. Then once you open the actual box there is a jigsaw puzzle of foam to navigate, some of which you need to stuff back in the box as a support, and some that you use to hold the TV while you lay it face down to assemble the stand.

Note that my set was upside down in the outside box
ive heard that the stand is kinda weird to screw in...planning on laying it on my sectional to do it
post #1408 of 2570 Old 11-30-2018, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
ive heard that the stand is kinda weird to screw in...planning on laying it on my sectional to do it
The stand is fine, just a little tricky to figure out how it goes together at first. I followed the unboxing instructions to a "T", which meant using the foam as instructed (and as shown in my photo).
lorenzo1000 likes this.
post #1409 of 2570 Old 11-30-2018, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I was talking to one of the authorized retailers, and learned that in the case of the Google Express price drop promo, it was Google Express that was subsidising the promotion to the tune of $300 per set. It wasn't LG or the retailers that lowered the price.

Tony
post #1410 of 2570 Old 11-30-2018, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 4772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmiraclejr View Post
Just called, said "we currently do not have any C8s available sir". I believe the supply channel is bone dry right now except for the full price shops. We will have to keep fishing I guess.
Through the 3rd-tier channel, LG has tested the waters with pricing of $2000 for the 65C8 and $5000 for the 77C8. They have discovered that thete is a great deal of demand for their WOLED TVs at that pricing.

Those prices will probably come back, but not until inventory has backed up again (possibly by SuperBowl Season, certainly after the 2019 WOLEDs have started to ship in volume).

I'll be very interested to see what IHS has to say about Q4 2018 OLED TV sales volumes once the dust has cleared...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page