2018 LG OLED Deals - B/C/E/G/W Series - Page 68 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 617Likes

post #2011 of 2572 Old 02-26-2019, 08:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 544 Post(s)
Liked: 539
WTH is unfair about it?
Do you expect them to text you about their pricing plans for the next 6 months?
They don't know until the manufacturers send them info on the new models.
It takes patience and knowledge of how the market works historically, i.e., being smart.
I guarantee there will be people waiting for the $1800 price to drop another $100, $50 whatever in price.
It may happen who knows but when the inventory is gone, it's gone before you know it & the deals are done til next time around.
Ya pays yer money & ya takes yer chances.
Oldest rule in the book

Last edited by Milt99; 02-26-2019 at 08:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2572 Old 02-26-2019, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by clerkpalmer View Post
On second thought, really frustrating that the c8 dropped so much so fast. I paid 1999 for the in store b8 deal and at that time the c8 was still 2699. I guess that’s the risk you play but some of these priceing strategies are unfair to the consumer. Imagine those who paid 2699 for the c8 16 days ago at Best Buy. That’s a 750 drop at retail overnight. Today was my 30th day from pickup and so it was price match today or nothing. I probably would have returned the b8 for c8 if I had a few more days. Oh well.
Check with your credit card if they allow you return / price protect.
post #2013 of 2572 Old 02-26-2019, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt99 View Post
WTH is unfair about it?
It takes patience and knowledge of how the market works historically, i.e., being smart.
I guarantee there will be people waiting for the $1800 price to drop another $100, $50 whatever in price.
It may happen who knows but when the inventory is gone, it's gone before you know it & the deals are done til next time around.
Oldest rule in the book
Patience yes. Knowledge - no. Luck plays the biggest role. And I think a fair policy would be to simply automatically refund me if the price drops during the return policy.

Clerk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2014 of 2572 Old 02-26-2019, 08:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Look, at the prices these are going for at this stage, no one is going to guarantee any kind of price protection.
Do you see any place doing this?
Quit quibbling and enjoy your set.
I shouldn't have replied to the thread.
I don't make the rules I just know them

post #2015 of 2572 Old 02-26-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
WTH is unfair about it?
Oldest rule in the book
Quote:
Look, at the prices these are going for at this stage, no one is going to guarantee any kind of price protection.
Do you see any place doing this?
Quit quibbling and enjoy your set.
I shouldn't have replied to the thread.
I don't make the rules I just know them
You are probably right. I am quibbling. Its not worth getting worked up over. I know the rules too. I do think a 750 drop on the c8 in a month is pretty shocking. I also had to argue with Best Buy for a simple price adjustment that was well within their policy just to get my 150 back and that was part of my frustration.
Milt99 likes this.

Clerk
post #2016 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1446 Post(s)
Liked: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
yep, sure did...

in the past they've given me credit when this has happened, around $200 one time when the mini pc i purchased dropped a bunch shortly after i received it, no fuss no muss, no questions asked, they simply compared the price difference vs the time i made the purchase and gave me a credit.

in fact i tried 3 different times, with 3 different reps, two in the u.s., and one in the phillipines, all told me the same, that amazon had changed their policy... not sure how much sense the new policy makes, i mean by issuing a credit you still have a new tv in hand, by not issuing a credit you have a used, open-box tv in hand plus you're still out the credit amount...
Well I suspect they are hoping that you will decide that the hassle of packing up the TV, paying return shipping, waiting for pickup, etc, will make you think it isn't worth it. After all that return shipping will eat into the difference.

Len Sorensen

Sony XBR55A1E, Marantz SR6012, Benq W7000, Oppo BDP-93, PSB Image T5/C5/B4/Subseries 200
post #2017 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I don’t mean to add fuel to the fire but.....

I’m getting ready to pull the trigger on the 65C8 but I’m not in a rush to do it. Traditionally, do the 2018 models drop in March with the introduction of the new C9 models? Or do you think the C8 is as low as it will go? (I’m looking at $1908 delivered from PC Richard right now)

I’m just looking for some general advice from you guys based on you’re expertise! (And I’m also not worried about nickel and dimeing the price...just looking for some high level advise if you think it’ll drop a lot more (100..200 dollars)
post #2018 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by meli View Post
Has anyone speculated (or maybe someone actually knows) how much the retailers pay for these sets? Do the retail chains buy directly from the manufacturer, or is there a wholesaler in the middle?

Big box stores have a minimum markup 100% to original price, so BB likely paid 1300-1400 per 65" C8, maybe a little less with their volume. Online retailers have much less overhead and can sell cheaper from the beginning even though they may pay a little more than giant BB. Although you see so many online sellers just acting as middle-men and when you purchase from them it still comes from BuyDig/Beach...since they have no real inventory costs, they can operate on much smaller margins.

In reality it's very hard to say what their final numbers are since they can get money back for sales goals, liquidation, etc... But a fair guess is 45-55% of retail price(original).
meli likes this.

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
post #2019 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 115
a buddy did the Crutchfield 1997for the 65C8 and got them to give him 280 in Crutchfield gift card...very nice
post #2020 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Costco has dropped the 65" C8 to $1929.99, with a bundled 3 year Squaretrade warranty included in the price.

https://www.costco.com/LG-65%22-Clas...100410422.html

The 55" C8 dropped to $1349.99 with the bundled 3 year Squaretrade warranty

https://www.costco.com/LG-55%22-Clas...100409710.html
post #2021 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Nice price with Costco customer service built in. The takeaway for me with these prices is the idea of some of the best prices associated with Super Bowl prices is all hype at this point going forward.
jtchambliss likes this.
post #2022 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 26
It's going to be hard to justify C9 prices if they are over a $1000 of these C8 prices. Fast approaching no brainer land.
post #2023 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsorensen View Post
Well I suspect they are hoping that you will decide that the hassle of packing up the TV, paying return shipping, waiting for pickup, etc, will make you think it isn't worth it. After all that return shipping will eat into the difference.

don't think that's the case...

in fact when i told amazon that i no longer had the box that the tv was shipped in, each of the 3 reps (again, three different phone calls spread across a couple of days, 2 reached a u.s. rep, 1 reached a rep in the phillipines) told me the exact same thing, i.e. no prob, we'll just send out a guy and he'll pack it up for you and take it away, free of charge, and of course you won't be charged for return shipping, you'll receive full credit.

i tried to get them to explain how this made financial sense on their end, instead of just issuing a credit, but was told that it was simply their new policy.

anyway, again, no big deal, a very minor inconvenience in exchange for a new tv that comes with a $500 refund.

hell, what a difference from the days when trying to return something purchased on the net equated to hours of jumping through hoops, i.e. contacting rms, presenting your case on the phone and in writing, taking pictures of the item you wanted to return, battling reps over ridiculous restocking and return shipping fees, is it any wonder amazon buried everyone?
post #2024 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
don't think that's the case...

in fact when i told amazon that i no longer had the box that the tv was shipped in, each of the 3 reps (again, three different phone calls spread across a couple of days, 2 reached a u.s. rep, 1 reached a rep in the phillipines) told me the exact same thing, i.e. no prob, we'll just send out a guy and he'll pack it up for you and take it away, free of charge, and of course you won't be charged for return shipping, you'll receive full credit.

i tried to get them to explain how this made financial sense on their end, instead of just issuing a credit, but was told that it was simply their new policy.

anyway, again, no big deal, a very minor inconvenience in exchange for a new tv that comes with a $500 refund.

hell, what a difference from the days when trying to return something purchased on the net equated to hours of jumping through hoops, i.e. contacting rms, presenting your case on the phone and in writing, taking pictures of the item you wanted to return, battling reps over ridiculous restocking and return shipping fees, is it any wonder amazon buried everyone?
You really have to wonder how this makes any sense for a business. It tells me that they are banking on you not bothering at all. In most cases, if the new price is only a slight adjustment, the average person won't bother. Obviously, your case is the exception but generally speaking this policy is designed to frustrate you. There is no other possible reason. Going back to my original point, if they just credit the adjustment automatically if the price changes in 30-days, everyone would be better off. Sure, it might cost Amazon some money but it will result in additional sales in the long run.

Back on topic, the C8 prices are just insane. Currently selling for less than the B8 a month ago. Wish I waited although I'm not sure my eye could even tell the difference.

Clerk
post #2025 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 342 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjl View Post
It's going to be hard to justify C9 prices if they are over a $1000 of these C8 prices. Fast approaching no brainer land.
That's true. It's like buy a C8 now, or wait until a year from now when the C9 prices are this low. It would be difficult to justify purchasing a C9 at the introductory price.
post #2026 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by meli View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjl View Post
That's true. It's like buy a C8 now, or wait until a year from now when the C9 prices are this low. It would be difficult to justify purchasing a C9 at the introductory price.
B&H is showing $3500 pre order for the 65C9 and I couldn’t agree more with you guys, $1500 difference between C8 and C9 is just too much to swallow for me although I would love 2.1 for gaming features...
post #2027 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxtercavendish View Post
I did reach out to Buydig in case this occurs (delivery is Thursday evening). Their reply:

"If you cannot be able to inspect the package before signing it, there's no need to worry since we do offer a 45 day return period from the date of purchase. We do not charge a restocking fee if all of our requirements for returning the items are met. Please see our policies page for more details."

So it looks like I will follow your advice if FedEx won't wait, and if the TV has damage I will contact Buydig.
I snagged a deal on the E8 back in December that shipped from Buydig via Fedex. The printed carton was boxed inside of another carton with thick "L" shaped closed cell foam pieces at each corner inside the shipping carton. The driver didn't want to wait around either. In fact, it was deliver to the front door and have a nice day. Set was in perfect shape.
post #2028 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 03:22 PM
Jon

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Cool Newegg Deal 65” E8

Newegg has Lg 65” E8 for $2249.00 (Sold and Shipped by: Echo and Optics)

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

John

Last edited by Jon; 02-27-2019 at 03:26 PM.
post #2029 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by clerkpalmer View Post
You really have to wonder how this makes any sense for a business. It tells me that they are banking on you not bothering at all. In most cases, if the new price is only a slight adjustment, the average person won't bother. Obviously, your case is the exception but generally speaking this policy is designed to frustrate you. There is no other possible reason. Going back to my original point, if they just credit the adjustment automatically if the price changes in 30-days, everyone would be better off. Sure, it might cost Amazon some money but it will result in additional sales in the long run.

it really doesn't have anything to do with amazon banking on a buyer not wanting to hassle with the return, nor an intentional amazon scheme designed to frustrate the buyer into keeping the higher priced item.

instead (now that i understand where they're coming from) it's simply a matter of amazon not having the tv priced cheaper, it's one of their fulfillment clients that has the tv priced cheaper - not all items listed on amazon are owned/sold by amazon, a lot of the items are listed by third party sellers who just use amazon's infrastructure for a fee.

so my original tv transaction with amazon (who owned/sold the tv) really has nothing to do with the cheaper tv sold by their fulfillment client... amazon looks at it like me seeing the tv priced $500 cheaper at my local costco after i purchased, received and installed the tv from amazon, and then asking amazon to match that price, i.e. give me credit for the difference, which is something they won't do.

but what amazon will do is take back the tv i purchased from them, free of charge, they'll even send a guy to my place to pack it up and take it away since i no longer have the box it came in, free of charge, simply because i found the tv cheaper elsewhere, two weeks AFTER i received the tv from amazon. how amazing is that? it's so amazing that i almost feel like a jerk for taking advantage of their return policy, on a tv that was already priced much lower than when it was first introduced, but i've done so much business with amazon over the years as a prime member that my guilt won't last too long...

anyway, these huge price drops are flat-out crazy imo - i get that they need to move inventory to make room for 2019 incoming stock but, geesh, what a huge savings for consumers who don't mind purchasing last year's tv models... in fact i have to wonder if the low-priced tcl 4k tvs have caused a lot of this?
lsorensen likes this.
post #2030 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 04:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 183
P.C. Richardson has the 65" C8 for 1799.99 shipped via Brads Deals webpage. I included a pic of the email....

The B8 is currently 1699.99 on BuyDig.com shipped
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190227_171741.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	2531944  

(R&L: Infinity Beta 50) (Center: Infinity Beta C360) (Surround Side & Back: Infinity IW ERS 210 x 4) (TM: Infinity IC ERS 110 x 2) (Sub: Def Tech SC1)
(7.2.2 Config.) (AVR: Denon-4500) (Audiosource Amp 110 for TM's) (BRP: Pioneer 80FD) (Nvidia Shield TV) (Display: LG-65C9)

Last edited by toddman36; 02-27-2019 at 04:29 PM.
post #2031 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Fingers crossed I can pick up a free B-E9 via tech program! Just missed the B-E8s last year by 2 minutes! Ugh

(R&L: Infinity Beta 50) (Center: Infinity Beta C360) (Surround Side & Back: Infinity IW ERS 210 x 4) (TM: Infinity IC ERS 110 x 2) (Sub: Def Tech SC1)
(7.2.2 Config.) (AVR: Denon-4500) (Audiosource Amp 110 for TM's) (BRP: Pioneer 80FD) (Nvidia Shield TV) (Display: LG-65C9)
post #2032 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 04:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Someone else mentioned new sets coming in March.
Just saw a blurb in S&V about Sony having their 4k LCDs in stores March 12 w\pre-order sales starting this week.
As others have rightly stated for those sitting on the fence it seems now is approaching the last chance for 2018 models.

post #2033 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 13
With the pre-orders starting on the 19's shouldn't they start dropping the C8 77 at the big box stores by next week?
post #2034 of 2572 Old 02-27-2019, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked: 795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Lee View Post
With the pre-orders starting on the 19's shouldn't they start dropping the C8 77 at the big box stores by next week?
They probably don’t have a lot of stock to clear out so no reason to drop prices too much.
post #2035 of 2572 Old 02-28-2019, 07:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Looks like BuyDig has matched lowest price to date on the 65" LG OLED65C8PUA

Price is $1799 through Google Express with coupon code NMTZZV

Link

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
post #2036 of 2572 Old 02-28-2019, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quick question, B8 arrives tonight, is there a break in period similar to the plasma period using color screens, limiting static content, etc? I tried digging through the LG forum and couldn't find a recommended calibration setting either for movie / games. I did find Rtings (https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg...aming-settings), so I'll start there unless anyone can help a brother out with the search function
post #2037 of 2572 Old 02-28-2019, 08:43 AM
Jon

Question Lg E8 Best Price?

A lot of C8’s on sale, where are all the sales on the E8?

John
post #2038 of 2572 Old 02-28-2019, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
A lot of C8’s on sale, where are all the sales on the E8?

John
The 55" E8 has been on sale a bunch of times. As cheap as $1100 I believe. I'm guessing they don't have as much stock to blow out on the 65" E8 though.
post #2039 of 2572 Old 02-28-2019, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Anyone have any experience with PC Richards?
$1799 is hard to beat for the 65C8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddman36 View Post
P.C. Richardson has the 65" C8 for 1799.99 shipped via Brads Deals webpage. I included a pic of the email....

The B8 is currently 1699.99 on BuyDig.com shipped
post #2040 of 2572 Old 02-28-2019, 10:44 AM
Jon

Lg 65” E8 1504.00

Hdavpro has Lg 65” E8 for $1504.00 (HD50 Coupon Applied) States free shipping but it appears there is no availability?

https://www.hdavpro.com/ProductDetai...de=65OLEDE8PUA

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page