Sony A9F deals ever - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 66 Old 11-07-2018, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member
 
LJG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Brookville, NY
Posts: 5,119
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 824 Post(s)
Liked: 549
Sony A9F deals ever

Any chance for a Black Friday deal on the A9F?
LJG is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 66 Old 11-08-2018, 06:54 AM
Advanced Member
 
mrpickem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 726
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG View Post
Any chance for a Black Friday deal on the A9F?

I been searching for Sony OLED deals and they are very rare. I do see the 65" A8F for $2750 from electronicsliquidators off eBay. Not much info on the seller but 100% eBay rating link


I doubt you will find a better price. Best Buy has dropped them to $3199. There probably were not great numbers of these sets manufactured since it was less than a year run. Most preferred price points will be on models in much larger supply.

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
mrpickem is offline  
post #3 of 66 Old 11-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
JoeBloggz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Southeast, MA
Posts: 811
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpickem View Post
I been searching for Sony OLED deals and they are very rare. I do see the 65" A8F for $2750 from electronicsliquidators off eBay. Not much info on the seller but 100% eBay rating link


I doubt you will find a better price. Best Buy has dropped them to $3199. There probably were not great numbers of these sets manufactured since it was less than a year run. Most preferred price points will be on models in much larger supply.
Same here. I was offered 65A8F via greentoe for $2749. My local BB has an open box one at $2665. Personally I wouldn't do open box especially if your only saving $100. I'm waiting till closer to Black Friday to see if greentoe can drop it a bit more, then likely pull the trigger.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Pioneer Pro111FD viewed from 7'------>Picture mode, ISF Day(calibrated by umr)
Sony PS4
JoeBloggz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 66 Old 11-11-2018, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
bootymonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 683
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 276
OP is asking about the new A9F, not the A8F.

Send a message, email, or call to Cleveland Plasma and you'll probably find it a few hundred cheaper than MSRP, but I haven't seen any official price drops on the A9F since launch a couple months ago.

You can type prices into Greentoe for the 55" A9F as well. For some reason they don't have the 65" there.

I wonder if inventory is tight on these in spite of the extreme price over the C8 (or even over the already expensive A8F).
bootymonger is offline  
post #5 of 66 Old 11-12-2018, 02:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Greentoe now has the 65” up
pschnei3 is offline  
post #6 of 66 Old 11-12-2018, 03:29 PM
Senior Member
 
zeromothra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBloggz View Post
Same here. I was offered 65A8F via greentoe for $2749. My local BB has an open box one at $2665. Personally I wouldn't do open box especially if your only saving $100. I'm waiting till closer to Black Friday to see if greentoe can drop it a bit more, then likely pull the trigger.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Dude... you DO NOT want that OB Dartmouth A8 for sure...
JoeBloggz likes this.
zeromothra is offline  
post #7 of 66 Old 11-12-2018, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member
 
JoeBloggz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Southeast, MA
Posts: 811
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeromothra View Post
Dude... you DO NOT want that OB Dartmouth A8 for sure...
Yeah I wouldn't do open box. FWIW, it was at BB at South Bay plaza.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Pioneer Pro111FD viewed from 7'------>Picture mode, ISF Day(calibrated by umr)
Sony PS4
JoeBloggz is offline  
post #8 of 66 Old 11-12-2018, 03:40 PM
Senior Member
 
zeromothra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 225
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBloggz View Post
Yeah I wouldn't do open box. FWIW, it was at BB at South Bay plaza.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Ahhhh ... IC
zeromothra is offline  
post #9 of 66 Old 11-12-2018, 03:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Called beach camera today. Quoted me $3800 for the 65”
Fargus777 and zeromothra like this.
pschnei3 is offline  
post #10 of 66 Old 11-24-2018, 12:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Is abt.com a reputable retailer?
pschnei3 is offline  
post #11 of 66 Old 12-02-2018, 10:22 PM
Advanced Member
 
bootymonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 683
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by pschnei3 View Post
Is abt.com a reputable retailer?
Yes, but as far as I know they are an MSRP shop. If you want to pay full price plus tax you might as well buy locally. Abt did have some of the first A9F videos on YouTube.
bootymonger is offline  
post #12 of 66 Old 12-03-2018, 04:26 AM
Senior Member
 
GregF2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Not true on MSPP. I have purchased all my tv's through them and have them shipped. Always use the same person and always get a great price, even on a A9F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootymonger View Post
Yes, but as far as I know they are an MSRP shop. If you want to pay full price plus tax you might as well buy locally. Abt did have some of the first A9F videos on YouTube.
GregF2 is online now  
post #13 of 66 Old 12-03-2018, 09:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 5
I just purchased and received my tv through abt. They were great throughtout the entire process. I got a crazy good deal and even got 36months 0%.
pschnei3 is offline  
post #14 of 66 Old 12-05-2018, 08:53 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
anthonymoody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: ny, ny usa
Posts: 7,052
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 892 Post(s)
Liked: 668
Yeah abt is great. Never just hit Purchase on the website. Always do a live chat and the rep will give you some $ to entice you.

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
anthonymoody is offline  
post #15 of 66 Old 12-09-2018, 01:33 PM
Advanced Member
 
mrpickem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 726
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 281
The 65" A8F was reduced to $2999 at BestBuy and most other price controlled outlets today. Also reduced at B&H where you can avoid taxes.

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
mrpickem is offline  
post #16 of 66 Old 12-10-2018, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member
 
bootymonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 683
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpickem View Post
The 65" A8F was reduced to $2999 at BestBuy and most other price controlled outlets today. Also reduced at B&H where you can avoid taxes.
There's a separate A8F thread, this is the lack of deals on the A9F thread ;-). Good info, though.

B&H (and more and more other places) tax 20+ states and will add more as time passes.

"Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington (state), and Wisconsin"
bootymonger is offline  
post #17 of 66 Old 12-10-2018, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member
 
mrpickem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 726
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootymonger View Post
There's a separate A8F thread, this is the lack of deals on the A9F thread ;-). Good info, though.

B&H (and more and more other places) tax 20+ states and will add more as time passes.

"Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington (state), and Wisconsin"



Wow, I did not realize so many states were being taxed now.


I have never seen any advertised deal on either of the Master Series lines. However if you call in to CP or Beach, they will likely beat msrp by 10-15% at least.

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
mrpickem is offline  
post #18 of 66 Old 01-18-2019, 05:23 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I wanted to buy the A9F but I have yet to see any deals.I figured the closer we get to The Super Bowl I would see a discount.It's weird how this TV came out a long time ago and the price hasn't budged.I have the money and credit to buy the TV but I can't see myself spending almost 5 grand on a television.I was wondering if anyone actually bought one and would you say it's the worth the price?
MikeFromPA is offline  
post #19 of 66 Old 01-20-2019, 07:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
bootymonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 683
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFromPA View Post
I wanted to buy the A9F but I have yet to see any deals.I figured the closer we get to The Super Bowl I would see a discount.It's weird how this TV came out a long time ago and the price hasn't budged.I have the money and credit to buy the TV but I can't see myself spending almost 5 grand on a television.I was wondering if anyone actually bought one and would you say it's the worth the price?
Sony was going to launch at $5500 (65") and then move to $4500 as they've done in the past, but enough people said $5500 was too crazy so they launched at $4500 and had no drops.

There's an owners thread where you might get more feedback regarding "is it worth it?"

Other than the price, I think the dark Dolby Vision is the only flaw compared to other OLEDs (or did they fix that?). The usual OLED drawbacks apply, of course, where some would say it doesn't have enough nits or don't want to worry about burn in (which is an entire other debate, but these Sonys have a small sample size since they are so expensive).
bootymonger is offline  
post #20 of 66 Old 01-25-2019, 03:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hm, so based on the above post we may have gotten the “initial price drop” at launch. So perhaps no change in MSRP till closer to A9G launch?
Meinhard1 is offline  
post #21 of 66 Old 01-27-2019, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,021
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meinhard1 View Post
Hm, so based on the above post we may have gotten the “initial price drop” at launch. So perhaps no change in MSRP till closer to A9G launch?
No price change yet.
New_to_4K is offline  
post #22 of 66 Old 02-17-2019, 11:50 AM
Member
 
OGauge4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 98
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meinhard1 View Post
Hm, so based on the above post we may have gotten the “initial price drop” at launch. So perhaps no change in MSRP till closer to A9G launch?
Amazon had the set for $4189 on December 2nd. Sold from Amazon with full warranty. If the A9F follows the price time line for the A8F the price should drop next month. But who knows. I am hoping for a price drop tomorrow, Presidents Day.
OGauge4Me is offline  
post #23 of 66 Old 02-23-2019, 07:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 1,021
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked: 232
Is US$3,500 a good deal on the 65”? What about 65” LG E8 for $2,500?

Sony 65 A9F, LG 65 E9
New_to_4K is offline  
post #24 of 66 Old 03-06-2019, 06:09 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: NY
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 1
i've been looking for a 'sale' price or deal on the A9F. I have a hard time justifying spending almost as much on this TV as was spent on the Pioneer Elite that it'll be replacing, and it's not as good. Has anyone purchased through Cleveland? What were the prices from abt?
justin61686 is offline  
post #25 of 66 Old 03-09-2019, 08:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
mrpickem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 726
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 281
55" A9F $2500


https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._55_class.html

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
mrpickem is offline  
post #26 of 66 Old 03-11-2019, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
spongebob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: San Jose, Ca.
Posts: 3,500
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpickem View Post
$3500 today

bob
spongebob is offline  
post #27 of 66 Old 03-29-2019, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member
 
mrpickem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 726
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 281
BuyDig through eBay store, not sure how long it will last. Add to cart to redeem the offer.

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
mrpickem is offline  
post #28 of 66 Old 03-29-2019, 04:57 PM
Advanced Member
 
Sonyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Saint Louis. MO
Posts: 767
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpickem View Post
BuyDig through eBay store, not sure how long it will last. Add to cart to redeem the offer.
Damn, I may just have to bite on this. This is probably rock bottom for these models.
Sonyboy is offline  
post #29 of 66 Old 03-29-2019, 07:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 48
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Lot of fairly questionable experiences on buydig. Hopefully, a more reputable site has a similar deal. Anyone here had good dealings with them?
oedeooo is offline  
post #30 of 66 Old 04-08-2019, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
bootymonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 683
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Gameliquidations via Newegg has 65" A9F for $3199+tax. Still pretty expensive, but better than $4500. Can probably call Buydig or Chris @ Cleveland and get similar price.

https://m.newegg.com/products/9SIAJKJ91Y2786
bootymonger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off