2019 OLED Deals B/C/E/W/Z all sizes - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 264Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #451 of 870 Old 10-16-2019, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ericglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Just below the US in South Florida
Posts: 12,005
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3709 Post(s)
Liked: 2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigstar2501 View Post
Ebay seller firstclasstvs has the 65C9 right now at $1699.99 (https://www.ebay.com/itm/254170006574) - found the link via BensBargains. Not sure about the seller though.
They have been discussed before.

I have been to their location and purchased a damaged 55" OLED that I am still using. FYI, their location isn't a store. It is a warehouse. For those in South Florida looking for a great deal, you might want to check on their damaged inventory. The 55" that I own has a bent bezel that is hardly noticeable. IIRC I paid $500 less than the cheapest price on the same model at that time.

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
Ericglo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #452 of 870 Old 10-17-2019, 06:57 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Are the prices generally expected to get lower in mid-November (with Black Friday, etc.)? Trying to decide to pull the trigger – if prices will decline even more compared to the upper $3k range we are starting to see now.
ferrum is offline  
post #453 of 870 Old 10-17-2019, 02:01 PM
Newbie
 
gr55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 2
77C9P hits $3599 already

It's available directly from firstclasstvs.com web site.
https://www.firstclasstvs.com/LG-OLE.../oled77c9p.htm
We will see $3500 in a few weeks!
gr55 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #454 of 870 Old 10-17-2019, 03:25 PM
Senior Member
 
vince48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Hayward, CA.
Posts: 390
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr55 View Post
It's available directly from firstclasstvs.com web site.
https://www.firstclasstvs.com/LG-OLE.../oled77c9p.htm
We will see $3500 in a few weeks!
I'm dive in at $3500
vince48 is online now  
post #455 of 870 Old 10-17-2019, 04:02 PM
Member
 
samuel.c.casilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigstar2501 View Post
Ebay seller firstclasstvs has the 65C9 right now at $1699.99 (https://www.ebay.com/itm/254170006574) - found the link via BensBargains. Not sure about the seller though.
I purchased from them Sept 24th when it was 200 dollars more no tax, free shipping freight. OLED65C9PUA 0 hours on it brand new in box. It arrived Oct 4th, delivery guys opened box for me, placed in my basement, plugged it in, turned it on to show me picture worked, good uniformity, clean screen. Great service, great communication, slower delivery than we are used to these days, but overall a great experience. Would not hesitate to purchase from them again.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
pigstar2501 and timkwong2 like this.
samuel.c.casilla is offline  
post #456 of 870 Old 10-17-2019, 05:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,625
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrum View Post
Are the prices generally expected to get lower in mid-November (with Black Friday, etc.)? Trying to decide to pull the trigger – if prices will decline even more compared to the upper $3k range we are starting to see now.
I am hoping the LG C9 77 hits $3500 at mainstream retailers like BB, Costco and Amazon then I am in, I might go with Sony if it gets down to $4000, but not expecting it to go that low.

Sony 77A9G (Also XBR65X900E and XBR55X900E)
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-203
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RP-140SA / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
kluken is online now  
post #457 of 870 Old 10-18-2019, 09:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I don’️t think we will see the C9 77 inch at $3500 on mainstream stores. The question is, will the C9 77 inch drop even more at sites like eBay before Black Friday? $3500 ???

Should I wait to make my purchase or should I bite the bullet for $3699?

Decisions decisions ....
ohiocardsfan is offline  
post #458 of 870 Old 10-18-2019, 10:01 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 92
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrum View Post
Are the prices generally expected to get lower in mid-November (with Black Friday, etc.)? Trying to decide to pull the trigger – if prices will decline even more compared to the upper $3k range we are starting to see now.
Are you going to pull the trigger or wait? I was told by First-Class-TVs that they will end their sale on Monday. They replied that the sale is being subsidized by eBay and it’s bottom dollar. He could be full of it but that’s what I was told FYI.
ohiocardsfan is offline  
post #459 of 870 Old 10-18-2019, 10:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Industry Insider
 
Cleveland Plasma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 24,935
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6852 Post(s)
Liked: 6855
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetank123 View Post
Feedback on Firstclasstvs has been overwhelmingly positive from what I've seen, though I haven't used them myself.
Problem is big sellers on E-Bay can get negative's removed.....Saw this as well on Amazon........
Cleveland Plasma is online now  
post #460 of 870 Old 10-18-2019, 11:53 AM
Member
 
Blaine Doss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: in MO.
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Pulled the trigger on a C9 55 for 1270 no tax from greentoe

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Blaine Doss is offline  
post #461 of 870 Old 10-18-2019, 03:49 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiocardsfan View Post
Are you going to pull the trigger or wait? I was told by First-Class-TVs that they will end their sale on Monday. They replied that the sale is being subsidized by eBay and it’s bottom dollar. He could be full of it but that’s what I was told FYI.

That's good to know. I'm not sure yet on whether I'm going to go ahead with it.
ferrum is offline  
post #462 of 870 Old 10-21-2019, 03:27 PM
Member
 
thetank123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 52
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Plasma View Post
Problem is big sellers on E-Bay can get negative's removed.....Saw this as well on Amazon........
Fair, but I was going more off what I've heard here vs their rating on Ebay. Could have plants here too though, who knows.
thetank123 is offline  
post #463 of 870 Old 10-21-2019, 08:10 PM
Member
 
kevindd992002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine Doss View Post
Pulled the trigger on a C9 55 for 1270 no tax from greentoe

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
How do I get a C9 55 for 1270 no tax? I have not used greentoe before so not sure how it really works.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
kevindd992002 is offline  
post #464 of 870 Old 10-22-2019, 05:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,874
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1566 Post(s)
Liked: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
How do I get a C9 55 for 1270 no tax? I have not used greentoe before so not sure how it really works.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Make an offer at that price or lower and wait.

You also have to live in a state that does not require the seller to collect tax from you up front at time of sale.
dwaleke is online now  
post #465 of 870 Old 10-22-2019, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
bootymonger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 666
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 264
https://slickdeals.net/tv-deals/?src=catnav_tv

Firstclasstvs via eBay has 55c9 for $1200.
Ielectrica via rakuten has it for $1150.

Tax varies by state, both origin stores are on the "not authorized" list for those who care about that.

Chase freedom 5% category is PayPal.
bootymonger is offline  
post #466 of 870 Old 10-22-2019, 07:55 AM
Member
 
kevindd992002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootymonger View Post
https://slickdeals.net/tv-deals/?src=catnav_tv



Firstclasstvs via eBay has 55c9 for $1200.

Ielectrica via rakuten has it for $1150.



Tax varies by state, both origin stores are on the "not authorized" list for those who care about that.



Chase freedom 5% category is PayPal.
Yeah, I saw this Rakuten deal as well. If they're not authorized, what happens to warranty and all that?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
kevindd992002 is offline  
post #467 of 870 Old 10-22-2019, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ggw2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate New York
Posts: 1,612
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked: 467
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
Yeah, I saw this Rakuten deal as well. If they're not authorized, what happens to warranty and all that?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Likely- down the tubes!! Don't go there... All greentoe retailers are authorized and I suggest you go that way. You could also try Chris at Cleveland Plasma (sponsor here) to see what he wants for what your looking for.
Gerry

Sony XBR 75X940E - Sony STR-DH790 ATMOS - Sony UBP-X700 UHD BD Player - ATV 4K - 2019 Shield TV Pro
ggw2000 is online now  
post #468 of 870 Old 10-22-2019, 10:19 AM
Member
 
kevindd992002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggw2000 View Post
Likely- down the tubes!! Don't go there... All greentoe retailers are authorized and I suggest you go that way. You could also try Chris at Cleveland Plasma (sponsor here) to see what he wants for what your looking for.
Gerry

Ok. It's just that I live internationally (Philippines) and I want to buy a TV from the US (I'm used to buying stuff there) and have it forwarded here via a freight forwarder. The cost of a new C6 55" here is at $1813 so the difference is very significant. If the C9 55" even goes lower on BF, then that will be more enticing for me to source from there. I just have to be ready to ignore warranty totally and hope that it arrives here safe and sound.
kevindd992002 is offline  
post #469 of 870 Old 10-23-2019, 06:08 AM
Member
 
Blaine Doss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: in MO.
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
How do I get a C9 55 for 1270 no tax? I have not used greentoe before so not sure how it really works.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I made an offer for 1200 and they contacted me and said an offer for 1270 would be accepted.. I purchased and the TV was delivered via FedEx the same week. Fantastic service..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Blaine Doss is offline  
post #470 of 870 Old 10-23-2019, 11:02 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by grajasekar View Post
I've got them to price match everything from employee-only deals that I received from volume retailers to in one case an unauthorized retailer eBay sale lol. Wouldn't hurt to try if you can speak directly to the store manager. They're super nice in trying to get your sale.

Fairly certain they'd say no to the scam sites like abctvs and vons though.
tell me more about vons. i just found them and the prices are def too good to be true
luckydriver is offline  
post #471 of 870 Old 10-23-2019, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,625
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked: 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiocardsfan View Post
I don’️t think we will see the C9 77 inch at $3500 on mainstream stores. The question is, will the C9 77 inch drop even more at sites like eBay before Black Friday? $3500 ???

Should I wait to make my purchase or should I bite the bullet for $3699?

Decisions decisions ....
If BB or Costco goes to $4500 on BF for the 77 I am in. I might entertain an authorized seller that cherry picks a panel and calibrates it first, but still a little reluctant.

Sony 77A9G (Also XBR65X900E and XBR55X900E)
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-203
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RP-140SA / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
kluken is online now  
post #472 of 870 Old 10-25-2019, 08:55 AM
Member
 
BDS369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I contacted beach camera today to see if I could get in on the $1699 deal for a C9 65".
They emailed back this morning - no go. Lowest they will go is $2099 + Tax.

Anyone have any good deals on the C9 in last few days from Greentoe or another authorized seller?
I did get a decent bid on Greentoe (lower than beach's) but I'll hold off on posting until I decide to take it or not.
It is in between $1699 and $2099.
BDS369 is offline  
post #473 of 870 Old 10-25-2019, 11:36 AM
Member
 
climb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDS369 View Post
I contacted beach camera today to see if I could get in on the $1699 deal for a C9 65".
They emailed back this morning - no go. Lowest they will go is $2099 + Tax.

Anyone have any good deals on the C9 in last few days from Greentoe or another authorized seller?
I did get a decent bid on Greentoe (lower than beach's) but I'll hold off on posting until I decide to take it or not.
It is in between $1699 and $2099.
I'm searching for the LG C9 65", as well. My Greentoe counter-offer, this morning, was $1800+tax w/ free shipping. I'm waiting to hear about shipping time with Greentoe. If it's 2-3 weeks like firstclasstv's $1699 deal is here https://www.ebay.com/itm/254170006574 then I will go with firstclasstv and save $100. If Greentoe claims a faster shipping speed, I'll spend the extra $100, and buy from an authorized dealer.
climb is offline  
post #474 of 870 Old 10-25-2019, 12:16 PM
Senior Member
 
Tygeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Are there any issues with warrantied buying from an unauthorized reseller like first class tv's? It looks like the 77 inch c9 are still going for 3500. Would it be smart to wait with black friday just around the corner?

https://www.firstclasstvs.com/LG-OLE.../oled77c9p.htm
Tygeezy is offline  
post #475 of 870 Old 10-25-2019, 12:22 PM
Member
 
climb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygeezy View Post
Are there any issues with warrantied buying from an unauthorized reseller like first class tv's? It looks like the 77 inch c9 are still going for 3500. Would it be smart to wait with black friday just around the corner?

https://www.firstclasstvs.com/LG-OLE.../oled77c9p.htm
I see some claiming LG will honor the warranty anyway. Others claim, there is no warranty. I doubt you'll truly know the answer unless you have to make a claim. Simply a risk you take....or don't.
Tygeezy likes this.
climb is offline  
post #476 of 870 Old 10-25-2019, 12:23 PM
Member
 
climb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb View Post
I'm searching for the LG C9 65", as well. My Greentoe counter-offer, this morning, was $1800+tax w/ free shipping. I'm waiting to hear about shipping time with Greentoe. If it's 2-3 weeks like firstclasstv's $1699 deal is here https://www.ebay.com/itm/254170006574 then I will go with firstclasstv and save $100. If Greentoe claims a faster shipping speed, I'll spend the extra $100, and buy from an authorized dealer.
I pulled the trigger on the Greentoe deal. I'll update if things go sideways, but i'm not worried. Plenty of good experiences here. Stoked for my first OLED!
BDS369 likes this.
climb is offline  
post #477 of 870 Old 10-25-2019, 12:33 PM
Senior Member
 
Tygeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by climb View Post
I see some claiming LG will honor the warranty anyway. Others claim, there is no warranty. I doubt you'll truly know the answer unless you have to make a claim. Simply a risk you take....or don't.
I called their customer support. According to them it's 1 year regardless if it's authorized or not.
Tygeezy is offline  
post #478 of 870 Old 10-25-2019, 03:24 PM
Member
 
BDS369's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I took the Greentoe deal as well.
$1896.87 including tax and 3-day shipping.
Then an additional 47.24 for a 2 year extended warranty.

Tygeezy, what number did you call at LG to check on if the warranty is still good regardless of purchase source?

If thats truly their policy then we are all paying way too much for these things
BDS369 is offline  
post #479 of 870 Old 10-25-2019, 03:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Tygeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 215
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDS369 View Post
I took the Greentoe deal as well.
$1896.87 including tax and 3-day shipping.
Then an additional 47.24 for a 2 year extended warranty.

Tygeezy, what number did you call at LG to check on if the warranty is still good regardless of purchase source?

If thats truly their policy then we are all paying way too much for these things
1 (800) 243-0000

Their customer support is obviously from the Phillipines, but that's what they told me.
Tygeezy is offline  
post #480 of 870 Old 10-25-2019, 05:28 PM
Advanced Member
 
mrpickem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 687
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 256
firstclasstv still has 65" C9 for $1699

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254170006574

I haven't ever bought a TV from eBay, but I have bought $900 cellphone without issue.

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
mrpickem is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off