2019 OLED Deals B/C/E/W/Z all sizes - Page 27 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 348Likes

post #781 of 1137 Old 12-02-2019, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by russr View Post
Has anyone recently ordered an LG C9 through Greentoe? I received an offer for $1799 and decided to go for it. I entered payment info on Friday and when I clicked on the button to reveal the reseller, it just said 'Amazon Marketplace Seller'. I emailed them and they told me who the real dealer is. It still hasn't shipped however and there's really nothing on the Greentoe site that reveals anything besides 'pending shipment'. Anyone have any experience with ordering from them recently? I'm not supposed to reveal who the reseller is, but I'm curious to know other people's experiences with this particular reseller and how long they took to ship, how the delivery experience was etc..

Can you confirm that the dealer's name that you got from greentoe is on the LG authorized reseller list?
https://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddeal...ized_retailers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #782 of 1137 Old 12-02-2019, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriscoCountyJr View Post
Can you confirm that the dealer's name that you got from greentoe is on the LG authorized reseller list?
https://www.lg.com/us/authorizeddeal...ized_retailers
Yes it's an authorized reseller, albeit one I have never heard of, but it's on LG's list. If any of you have ordered from Greentoe recently, please let me know.
post #783 of 1137 Old 12-02-2019, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
Firstclasstv has the 65" C9 for $1,699 on /forum/images/smilies/redface.gif[/IMG]ZcAAOSw6IlckRm7]ebay.
Quote:
Many here will attest to the legitimacy of Firstclasstv. They are just a middleman. You'll get a fully warrantied TV from LG.
This deal that Brother Aliens referenced is still available through ebay, and I might do it. Doesn't look like Cyber Monday is going to yield anything better.

Only a hundred bucks more than the "super" deal I missed above. They are not an "authorized dealer". But what does that even mean? What will I not get from them that I would get from an authorized dealer? I mean, if the LG warranty is the same, then what is the difference?
I ordered from the eBay deal on firstclasstv. Still seems fine imo and pretty much is the same price as the B9 in stores. Hopefully it arrives in tact. No shipping info yet, just that a tag was created.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #784 of 1137 Old 12-03-2019, 04:50 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunarskye View Post
I ordered from the eBay deal on firstclasstv. Still seems fine imo and pretty much is the same price as the B9 in stores. Hopefully it arrives in tact. No shipping info yet, just that a tag was created.
When did you order?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #785 of 1137 Old 12-03-2019, 07:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22 View Post
Mine comes on Wednesday. Can’t wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have received no tracking numbers yet, I wish there was a better way of getting a status update on Google Shopping?
post #786 of 1137 Old 12-03-2019, 07:07 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 509 Post(s)
Liked: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebohn View Post
I have received no tracking numbers yet, I wish there was a better way of getting a status update on Google Shopping?

I received an email yesterday with the tracking number and delivery date.

PSN: Artman22
Xbox live: Artman22
post #787 of 1137 Old 12-03-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggNewt View Post
Quote:
When did you order?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I ordered on Saturday if I’m not mistaken. I think the warehouse is in New Jersey, so being in Virginia hopefully will be not too long.
post #788 of 1137 Old 12-03-2019, 11:48 AM

I ordered from Greentoe an LG C9 65". It shipped today via a shipping company called XPO Logistics. Anyone get theirs shipped with this company? How were they?
post #789 of 1137 Old 12-03-2019, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member

Does anyone know of square trade covers OLED burn in? Wondering if I should buy the 2 year extended warranty

post #790 of 1137 Old 12-03-2019, 03:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 507
Quote:
Does anyone know of square trade covers OLED burn in? Wondering if I should buy the 2 year extended warranty

No. Burn in won’t be covered by Squaretrade But LG has been replacing burned in panels on out of warranty oleds. Just had my 3 year old 65B6 replaced. Will that continue in the future? Who knows. I believe only Best Buy will cover burn in with their extended warranty.
Artman22 likes this.

Benq HT3550/LG OLED65B6P /Panny UB820 4k Bluray/Apple TV 4k
Nvidia Shield/HDFury AVRkey/Samsung HW-K950 Soundbar
post #791 of 1137 Old 12-03-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs47 View Post
Quote:

No. Burn in won’️t be covered by Squaretrade But LG has been replacing burned in panels on out of warranty oleds. Just had my 3 year old 65B6 replaced. Will that continue in the future? Who knows. I believe only Best Buy will cover burn in with their extended warranty.
Ya none do burn in but Best Buy and they only do it once. I’ve been debating warranty too, but idk if it’s honestly worth it. My credit card extends it an extra year, so regardless I’ll have two years warranty. Then I think why I had to buy this C9 and it’s cause my damn 3 year old 1700 dollar Vizio at the time has backlight issues. Fail. So ya I guess it’s a crap shoot.
post #792 of 1137 Old 12-03-2019, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 7033 Post(s)
Liked: 8043
Ebay still has that $1699 deal on the 65" C9 from 2 vendors now -- Firstclasstv's and Five-star-buy. Neither is on LG's "approved" retailers list, and in fact are on the "unapproved" list. Still not comfortable with that, even though they have a nearly perfect approval rating from their customers. But if the only drawback is not getting the free year of Disney+, I can probably live with that. If LG will honor the warranty, and there appears to be evidence they do, then what difference does it make?
post #793 of 1137 Old 12-03-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Ebay still has that $1699 deal on the 65" C9 from 2 vendors now -- Firstclasstv's and Five-star-buy. Neither is on LG's "approved" retailers list, and in fact are on the "unapproved" list. Still not comfortable with that, even though they have a nearly perfect approval rating from their customers. But if the only drawback is not getting the free year of Disney+, I can probably live with that. If LG will honor the warranty, and there appears to be evidence they do, then what difference does it make?
Where did you see the unapproved list. lol. Yea I don’t think we get Disney with that deal, but a year of Disney is like 55 bucks on sale so not a big deal. It’s still basically getting the C9 for the price of a B9 so can’t go wrong I guess. Ill report back upon arrival.
post #794 of 1137 Old 12-03-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Where did you see the unapproved list. lol. Yea I don’t think we get Disney with that deal, but a year of Disney is like 55 bucks on sale so not a big deal. It’s still basically getting the C9 for the price of a B9 so can’t go wrong I guess. Ill report back upon arrival.
The "unapproved" list is down the page from the approved logo'ed list on the "Terms & Conditions". Both those guys were on it, unfortunately. But one had a 99.9% approval rating and the other one had 100%. Thousands of customers. That's about as legit as they come. So I'm sure I'd get a good TV, as advertised, delivered promptly & safely. I'd love to know if there's anything other than the free year of Disney+, which like you say is pretty cheap, that would be a drawback or a potential problem down the line? Nobody seems to know...

I do want to use a Chase credit card to make the purchase, and someone above said that would enable you to double the LG warranty from one year to two. Maybe that's not available from an unauthorized retailer as well...?
post #795 of 1137 Old 12-03-2019, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Ya none do burn in but Best Buy and they only do it once. I’ve been debating warranty too, but idk if it’s honestly worth it. My credit card extends it an extra year, so regardless I’ll have two years warranty. Then I think why I had to buy this C9 and it’s cause my damn 3 year old 1700 dollar Vizio at the time has backlight issues. Fail. So ya I guess it’s a crap shoot.

Yea my Amex does the same. Get an extra year of warranty and I heard LG is fixing any OLED burn in on any tv no matter if it’s in or out of warranty. Hopefully we will be fine..

post #796 of 1137 Old 12-04-2019, 07:23 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
I'd love to know if there's anything other than the free year of Disney+, which like you say is pretty cheap, that would be a drawback or a potential problem down the line? Nobody seems to know...
The only issue would be "IF" you have a problem. Typically you go through your re seller first. If your re seller are unauthorized ass-hats, you have to deal directly with the product company. That combination can be very frustrating and slow. Technically your warranty is good. But, getting service on the warranty can be frustrating. Although you can get bad service from an authorized vendor and good service from an unauthorized vendor, the ratio is skewed against unauthorized dealers. So it's really just down to your risk tolerance or pain threshold should something occur.
archiguy likes this.
post #797 of 1137 Old 12-04-2019, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCecil View Post
The only issue would be "IF" you have a problem. Typically you go through your re seller first. If your re seller are unauthorized ass-hats, you have to deal directly with the product company. That combination can be very frustrating and slow. Technically your warranty is good. But, getting service on the warranty can be frustrating. Although you can get bad service from an authorized vendor and good service from an unauthorized vendor, the ratio is skewed against unauthorized dealers. So it's really just down to your risk tolerance or pain threshold should something occur.
That makes sense. But given the satisfaction rating of those guys - virtually 100% - my guess is they're not ass-hats. However, I did write to them both asking for some clarification on the difference between "authorized" & "unauthorized", and saying I would be happy to buy from them at that price if they could give me some assurance that if I had a problem I could count on them to help me resolve it. I have not heard back from either. That's not a good sign. So there are "mixed signals".

Greentoe is unmovable on that $1800 price via their authorized sellers. I have heard back from them.
post #798 of 1137 Old 12-04-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCecil View Post
That makes sense. But given the satisfaction rating of those guys - virtually 100% - my guess is they're not ass-hats. However, I did write to them both asking for some clarification on the difference between "authorized" & "unauthorized", and saying I would be happy to buy from them at that price if they could give me some assurance that if I had a problem I could count on them to help me resolve it. I have not heard back from either. That's not a good sign. So there are "mixed signals". [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/IMG]

Greentoe is unmovable on that $1800 price via their authorized sellers. I have heard back from them. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/frown.gif[/IMG]

Well firstclasstv has impressed me with the fact I just got a call that my TV will be delivered tomorrow afternoon. That’s a pretty good turn around time imo since they didn’t process it until Monday. Hopefully anyone else who ordered will have a similar experience.

I used my chase credit card to purchase, so I’ll see what happens. I’m probably going to call LG as well and see what they say. If I find anything else out I’ll chime back in, but I can’t see any downfalls just yet.
post #799 of 1137 Old 12-04-2019, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 356 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Well firstclasstv has impressed me with the fact I just got a call that my TV will be delivered tomorrow afternoon. That’s a pretty good turn around time imo since they didn’t process it until Monday. Hopefully anyone else who ordered will have a similar experience.

I used my chase credit card to purchase, so I’ll see what happens. I’m probably going to call LG as well and see what they say. If I find anything else out I’ll chime back in, but I can’t see any downfalls just yet.
Again, it won't be a problem unless you have specific problem with the TV during the initial warranty period. Even then it may not be a problem. But that is what will trigger a potential bad experience. The really bad unauthorized dealers do things like never ship until you buy extended warrenties and overpriced shipping etc... Also, some of the shady places send the wrong model hoping you won't notice and then make it a pain to return if you do notice. Stuff like that. But in general you should be fine until/unless you have a warranty issue some time down the road. That's when it will be interesting to hear how things go.
post #800 of 1137 Old 12-04-2019, 01:35 PM

Screw it. I did it. "Five-star-buy" through ebay, 100% positive rating. I mean, nobody has anything bad to say about their transaction with these guys! $1699, $1818 w/tax. I wasn't going to wait until Super Bowl weekend for the next round of discounts. I paid with my Chase card, and I'm going to send in for the free year of Disney+ and hope LG doesn't look too close at the list.

I still would like to know how someone gets on the "nice" list and how they end up on the "naughty" list...? What does LG demand from a seller in order to be an "authorized seller"? This is all so murky, and nobody seems to know the answers. So I'm a guinea pig. We'll see what happens. Sometimes you just gotta' roll the dice...
Aliens, JMCecil and Vg247 like this.

Last edited by archiguy; 12-04-2019 at 02:44 PM.
post #801 of 1137 Old 12-04-2019, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2541 Post(s)
Liked: 3822
Quote:
$1600, $1818 w/tax.
That's some tax they have there in Carolina. That's twice what I'd pay in Va.

Glad to see you pulled the trigger. I don't think you'll be sorry.
archiguy likes this.
post #802 of 1137 Old 12-04-2019, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Screw it. I did it. "Five-star-buy" through ebay, 100% positive rating. I mean, nobody has anything bad to say about their transaction with these guys! $1600, $1818 w/tax. I wasn't going to wait until Super Bowl weekend for the next round of discounts. I paid with my Chase card, and I'm going to send in for the free year of Disney+ and hope LG doesn't look too close at the list. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/IMG]

I still would like to know how someone gets on the "nice" list and how they end up on the "naughty" list...? What does LG demand from a seller in order to be an "authorized seller"? This is all so murky, and nobody seems to know the answers. So I'm a guinea pig. We'll see what happens. Sometimes you just gotta' roll the dice...

So I just spent a bit on different phone calls getting some better information.

First the warranty - I called the extended warranty department with LG and asked whether I could buy it or not based on the fact I purchased the tv through firstclasstv on eBay. He stated I could not purchase the lg extended warranty, but something like SquareTrade would probably be fine. He also stated neither the manufacture or extended cover burn in, so maybe the other post referencing getting burn in fixed won’t be honored in the future? Idk. But anyone looking to buy from eBay and expecting to get the lg warranty, should look at the authorized list. He did say that the one year warranty is still honored regardless.

Second Is the Disney Plus for one year. I got the promotion number who handles the Lg and Verizon one year promotions and confirmed you can still get one year of Disney plus for free regardless where you bought as long as it’s brand new. You just show proof of purchase and that’s all they need. Unfortunately if your like me and got the Verizon promo, they won’t stack and you basically can just create an account for someone else I guess to use for a year. Christmas present maybe? Idk. Anyhow, that’s what I found out.

I’ll still report back tomorrow with how the shipping went and make sure I double check the model number to make sure I didn’t get the bait and switch.
post #803 of 1137 Old 12-04-2019, 02:24 PM

Quote:
So I just spent a bit on different phone calls getting some better information.

First the warranty - I called the extended warranty department with LG and asked whether I could buy it or not based on the fact I purchased the tv through firstclasstv on eBay. He stated I could not purchase the lg extended warranty, but something like SquareTrade would probably be fine. He also stated neither the manufacture or extended cover burn in, so maybe the other post referencing getting burn in fixed won’t be honored in the future? Idk. But anyone looking to buy from eBay and expecting to get the lg warranty, should look at the authorized list. He did say that the one year warranty is still honored regardless.
Will you get the warranty doubled from one year to two through Chase Bank since you used a Chase card? That's a biggie. Do you have to call them or send them a copy of your receipt or something to verify the purchase?

As far as anything beyond the standard one year warranty, if it holds up for that long, you're probably golden. That's what I've discovered over the years with solid state A/V gear. I'm not that worried about burn-in, I think I can control that. More worried about getting a "dirty" screen/bad panel. But that should be evident pretty quickly.
post #804 of 1137 Old 12-04-2019, 02:31 PM

This is the reply to the e-mail I sent to "Five-star-buy" yesterday via ebay. Just got it, ironically about half an hour after I placed the order.

Brand new, factory sealed, USA model, not refurbished.
It comes with the 1 year manufacturer’s warranty. We are authorized retailers through our retail store.
Please note: eBay subsidizes the sale price, so you cannot contact the manufacturer directly with your eBay receipt.
It is an in-home service warranty. Let us know if you need to exercise your warranty. We will put the paperwork in with the manufacturer and an authorized technician will come to your home to repair or replace the unit.
Best regards,

The e-mail order confirmation also had this info:

Your item comes with the manufacturer's warranty.
Please DO NOT register your warranty using the Marketplace name as they are only the platform and not an authorized reseller.
We register all manufacturer warranties for our customers.
To exercise your factory warranty, contact us FIRST as we service all warranties through our brick and mortar store.

This all sounds pretty good to me. And they do have that 100% approval rating which gives me some additional comfort. Any comments?

Last edited by archiguy; 12-04-2019 at 02:36 PM.
post #805 of 1137 Old 12-04-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
That's some tax they have there in Carolina. That's twice what I'd pay in Va.

Glad to see you pulled the trigger. I don't think you'll be sorry.
Sorry, my bad. The price was $1699, so around $119 in SC sales tax. I'll go back & correct the post.

Yeah, another member PM'd me & said the next round of discounting would probably be around the Super Bowl. That makes sense given the new model year rolls out in March or so. But I figured I've waited long enough, and saved $100 through this ebay purchase. Another hundred if that BuyDigg/Google Marketplace deal comes back won't matter that much.
post #806 of 1137 Old 12-04-2019, 07:58 PM

Liked: 0
Just wanted to say thanks to all you guys for posting all this great information. Ordered form First Class TVs website. Their price on ebay was a bit higher than their price on their website so I went that route, $1,749.00, no tax to Texas & free shipping. Can't wait!
post #807 of 1137 Old 12-04-2019, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beesweet View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to all you guys for posting all this great information. Ordered form First Class TVs website. Their price on ebay was a bit higher than their price on their website so I went that route, $1,749.00, no tax to Texas & free shipping. Can't wait![IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Great. I’m happy to get mine setup just in time for the Witcher on Netflix in a few weeks. 😀😀 I’ll post once I get it checked and mounted.
post #808 of 1137 Old 12-04-2019, 08:33 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Received my Greentoe 77C9 Friday the 29th. Order was placed with Authorized Dealer Monday the 25th. Pretty good turn around considering Black Friday and all. Two guys brought the tv in, removed the box and uncovered tv, plugged it in and turned in on to make sure it worked and the screen wasn't cracked. I was notified Monday of the shipping company and delivery was between two days depending on number of orders in my area. Worked out great.

They did forget the sales receipt, but a quick email to Greentoe and I had that from the dealer inside the day. I registered the set today on LG's website for warranty.

All good and very happy everything went smooth.

Big tv like this coming, I think it's at least a little stressful for just about anyone.
post #809 of 1137 Old 12-05-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie4350 View Post
Received my Greentoe 77C9 Friday the 29th. Order was placed with Authorized Dealer Monday the 25th. Pretty good turn around considering Black Friday and all. Two guys brought the tv in, removed the box and uncovered tv, plugged it in and turned in on to make sure it worked and the screen wasn't cracked. I was notified Monday of the shipping company and delivery was between two days depending on number of orders in my area. Worked out great.

They did forget the sales receipt, but a quick email to Greentoe and I had that from the dealer inside the day. I registered the set today on LG's website for warranty.

All good and very happy everything went smooth.

Big tv like this coming, I think it's at least a little stressful for just about anyone.
What was the shipping company?
post #810 of 1137 Old 12-05-2019, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by russr View Post
What was the shipping company?
AM Home Delivery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page