Open Box C9 77” at Best Buy with free delivery an a $200 BB gift card for $2249.99! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 31Likes

post #1 of 109 Old 04-16-2020, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Open Box C9 77” at Best Buy with free delivery and a $200 BB gift card for $2249.99!

Call one of your Best Buys and have them search for one in the area. Even if they find one in another city - in your state, of course - they will take payment over the phone and ship the tv to you for free and mail you the $200 gift card! I had sucess with this in the central Florida area. Delivery on Monday! (Btw, anyone know a good divorce lawyer?) 🤔

Learn all about me in my profile and take it all very seriously 🙄.

Last edited by nowknown; 04-16-2020 at 05:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 109 Old 04-16-2020, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 4466 Post(s)
Liked: 3914
Open box, buyer beware. Best price showing for me via their website is $3600 (sold out).
post #3 of 109 Old 04-16-2020, 05:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by video_analysis View Post
Open box, buyer beware. Best price showing for me via their website is $3600 (sold out).
If you rely on their website for this particular scenario then you will fail. You have to call a store in your area and let them use their system to potentially locate one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 109 Old 04-17-2020, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I managed to get the same deal on the 77inch C9 display model here in PA at a Best Buy that's an hour away from me. It took several phone calls but I'm very excited to be picking it up tomorrow.

Similarly, the price shown on the website was substantially higher than what I was quoted when I called.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
UltraHD enthusiast likes this.
post #5 of 109 Old 04-17-2020, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I called my local Best Buy and they located one about 1.5 hour drive away. His system wouldn't let him order it for me and have it shipped. Only option he gave me was to drive and pick it up.
Any cosmetic issues with these open boxes?
post #6 of 109 Old 04-17-2020, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro J View Post
They're pretty much all display models. So 5000+ hours power on time. Mine had 5500 but no burn in.

5 year geek squad coverage is $500 and covers burn in so highly recommended to add that.
post #7 of 109 Old 04-17-2020, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Saw this deal initially in another thread on here, and was able to snag an Open Box 77" C9 for $2249 with $200 Best Buy Gift card. I asked about the $229 Bluetooth Speaker it was also showing you would receive online for the 77" C9(New), but the associate who helped me didn't see anything in his system. I didn't have a real use for it so I didn't push the issue.

Feeling very lucky as my store had just taken back a customer return on the 77" C9 that I ended up purchasing. It came with everything excluding the remote, which isn't a big deal as that shows up from Amazon for $31 in two days, but was very nice to get the stand and box to transport it home. Best part of all is the TV only had 48 hours on it. Display is perfect as you'd expect for those hours, with no dead or stuck pixels, and great uniformity. The remote missing, and a very small mark on one side of the bezel is the only downside versus brand new, which I can more than live with for the savings.

I called around to every store within 50 miles of San Diego showing Open Box stock, and it seems like this deal is meant to only apply to retired Display Models, which is still a screaming deal at $2049 effectively. Not sure quite how the one I ended up purchasing qualified, may be at a managers discretion. Definitely worth calling your local store if they show open box stock of what you want, bear in mind it rings up differently than the price displayed online so you must call.

There was still a display model up for grabs as well at my local store, and two other stores in San Diego, but they came with no box, stand, or remote. They will also presumably have in the 5000 hours of use range, however with how LG has been taking care of burn in and other issues, it likely wouldn't be a problem to have the display replaced by them if needed. May just be a non issue entirely given the 2019 models are supposed to be even more resistant to burn in.

Feeling very good about my purchase, as I had been causally looking to upgrade to a 77" C9 from my 65" B7, but wasn't all that interested over the $3000 mark.
post #8 of 109 Old 04-18-2020, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro J View Post
I called my local Best Buy and they located one about 1.5 hour drive away. His system wouldn't let him order it for me and have it shipped. Only option he gave me was to drive and pick it up.
Call THAT store. They should be able to let you pay with CC and ship it to you.

post #9 of 109 Old 04-18-2020, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Picked up a 55 C9 in the box (return) with all accessories for $749 - $100 GC. Wish me luck

bob
nissan001 likes this.
post #10 of 109 Old 04-18-2020, 05:40 PM

Good luck!

Just picked up the 77 C9 today. Had to rent a uhaul van and bring my own box (since it was the display model) to get it home. I drove like I was bringing a new-born home from the hospital.

Just got it mounted on the wall and it looks great!!

vpn75, Sonyboy, hifiHigh and 2 others like this.
post #11 of 109 Old 04-18-2020, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D. View Post
Good luck!

Just picked up the 77 C9 today. Had to rent a uhaul van and bring my own box (since it was the display model) to get it home. I drove like I was bringing a new-born home from the hospital.

Just got it mounted on the wall and it looks great!!

What am I doing wrong? Found an open box locally, spoke to someone and they quoted me a price of $3,800. Even after I asked if that is the best they could do they wouldn't budge. Not worth it since they are on sale for $4,500 new.
post #12 of 109 Old 04-18-2020, 06:56 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Sorry Neil, didn't mean to quote your post.
post #13 of 109 Old 04-18-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlm9 View Post
Sorry Neil, didn't mean to quote your post.
No worries. I don't know if it matters or not but the condition of the one I got was "open box - satisfactory." Since it was the display unit, they didn't have the stand or the remote. That was fine with me as I was mounting it anyway and use a Logitech harmony.

Perhaps you might have better luck trying a different store?

post #14 of 109 Old 04-18-2020, 10:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
What am I doing wrong? Found an open box locally, spoke to someone and they quoted me a price of $3,800. Even after I asked if that is the best they could do they wouldn't budge. Not worth it since they are on sale for $4,500 new.

What’s local to you? Mention “Friends and Family” deal
post #15 of 109 Old 04-19-2020, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D. View Post
No worries. I don't know if it matters or not but the condition of the one I got was "open box - satisfactory." Since it was the display unit, they didn't have the stand or the remote. That was fine with me as I was mounting it anyway and use a Logitech harmony.

Perhaps you might have better luck trying a different store?

He’s right - there are different open box condition prices. It sounds like yours was either ‘Excellent’ or some such. Mine was also ‘satisfactory’. Btw, CAV is $4000 OTD for 77CXPUA.

Last edited by nowknown; 04-19-2020 at 08:42 AM.
post #16 of 109 Old 04-19-2020, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Got mine. It has 60 hours on it and I bought the five year warranty for it. $2700 total, including warranty.
post #17 of 109 Old 04-19-2020, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the stand separately?

Sony XBR-65A1E | Onkyo A-9150 | B&W 686 S2 | Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit SB
post #18 of 109 Old 04-20-2020, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

‘Just got mine delivered. No box, no remote - doorway delivery only - bare TV on the stand with manual. Obviously a store demo (3765 hours on it.) In very good condition with clean screen and back. No burn in or dead pixels (although it did do a pixel refresh right when I turned it on.) ‘Very happy so far.

Btw, to those concerned about the extra hours on the TV, here is the official LG statement on panel lifespan,

"When we first started manufacturing OLED TVs in 2013, their lifespan was some 36,000 hours," said Lee Byung-chul, Vice president for LG Electronics to Korea Times and continued; "technological development has extended it to 100,000 hours now. This is equal to 30 years, if a user watches our OLED TV for 10 hours a day."

Last edited by nowknown; 04-20-2020 at 09:19 AM.
post #19 of 109 Old 04-20-2020, 08:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 161
For those who have purchased the Best Buy models what condition were they listed as? My area has one that’s satisfactory and the other is fair. Do the demos carry a full warranty since it was never sold to a customer?

Also how do you achieve the price without a friend or family that works at Best Buy?

65C8P l 65B6P l P55-C1 l Shockwafe Ultra 9.2 & Elite 7.2 l XB1 X l PS4 Pro l Switch

Last edited by bpmurr; 04-20-2020 at 08:45 AM.
post #20 of 109 Old 04-20-2020, 08:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
For those who have purchased the Best Buy models what condition were they listed as? My area has one that’s satisfactory and the other is fair. Do the demos carry a full warranty since it was never sold to a customer?

Also how do you achieve the price without a friend or family that works at Best Buy?
Mine was satisfactory, minor scuffs on the back only; panel perfect, complete with box remote stand. 61 Hours!

You have to search stores with all conditions. Display will not have box, etc. Customer return (like mine) should

bob
post #21 of 109 Old 04-20-2020, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 4008 Post(s)
Liked: 2333
Quote:

On top of that, can you return them since they only allow delivery or curbside pickup? Normally I would like to run it through some tests before purchase, but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
post #22 of 109 Old 04-20-2020, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Call and talk to someone in their TV dept. My salesman said LG factory warranty applies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
On top of that, can you return them since they only allow delivery or curbside pickup? Normally I would like to run it through some tests before purchase, but that doesn't seem to be an option.
My receipt says 15 day return window.
Ericglo likes this.

post #23 of 109 Old 04-20-2020, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 4008 Post(s)
Liked: 2333
I guess someone local to me is reading this thread. I saw one satisfactory TV at the Ft Lauderdale location about two hours ago. I went to the grocery store and when I came back it was gone.
nowknown and thomasec like this.

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
post #24 of 109 Old 04-20-2020, 03:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Was able to secure an open box satisfactory condition 77c9 for $2249 with the $200 gift card. Delivery is scheduled for next Tuesday since I don't have a vehicle with room to transport myself. I bought the 2yr geek squad to cover it since I'm buying without being able to see it and I know it covers burn in. All accessories are included and they said the panel is in great shape. It will be interesting to see how many hours are on it. This was too good of a deal to pass up and it's worth the risk buying unseen for the price! I have 45 days to test it out, but I'm thinking positive that it will be a keeper.
post #25 of 109 Old 04-20-2020, 08:53 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
You have 15 days, unless you have an elite account, but this is only if you have it delivered or if you pick it up and transport it vertically. If you transfer it on its side, the associate can note that and they can refused a return (it's in the terms of agreement).
Quote:

Mine was satisfactory, but it's entirely random if it's a floor model or a return. Mine was clearly a "rental" unit due to the hours (AKA, someone bought it, used it for a couple of weekends, then returned it).
post #26 of 109 Old 04-21-2020, 06:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 282
Here's open box search link for LG 65" and up...may not be most accurate but sometimes it can be. Currently BestBuy is offering 50% of open box appliances, not sure if that carries to TV.s. I seen 77's available in Jax at a couple locations although price was listed at 3699 but there may well be additional discount in store

LINK

77C8PUA ~ Media room
75XBR900F ~ Game room
55XBR900E ~ Bedroom
post #27 of 109 Old 04-21-2020, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy View Post
Was able to secure an open box satisfactory condition 77c9 for $2249 with the $200 gift card. Delivery is scheduled for next Tuesday since I don't have a vehicle with room to transport myself. I bought the 2yr geek squad to cover it since I'm buying without being able to see it and I know it covers burn in. All accessories are included and they said the panel is in great shape. It will be interesting to see how many hours are on it. This was too good of a deal to pass up and it's worth the risk buying unseen for the price! I have 45 days to test it out, but I'm thinking positive that it will be a keeper.
How much did the two year protection run you?

65C8P l 65B6P l P55-C1 l Shockwafe Ultra 9.2 & Elite 7.2 l XB1 X l PS4 Pro l Switch
post #28 of 109 Old 04-21-2020, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyboy View Post
Besides the minimum 15 day return period you still have a couple of weeks to buy the extended warranty.

post #29 of 109 Old 04-21-2020, 09:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
How much did the two year protection run you?
$250 The only reason I bought is to cover potential Burn in since I was not able to look at the tv before buying.
post #30 of 109 Old 04-21-2020, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowknown View Post
Besides the minimum 15 day return period you still have a couple of weeks to buy the extended warranty.
Yeah I believe you have 30 days to purchase it. I am a Elite plus member so my return window is 45 days which I feel is plenty of time to check everything out without being rushed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply OLED Technology Great Found Deals!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page