'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD *** WARNING - Spoilers allowed *** - Page 99 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 484Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2941 of 3361 Old 05-10-2016, 07:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
c.kingsley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,005
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 386
And we already saw that Lyanna had dark hair so nothing about his hair color precludes him from being Rhaegar's son. As far as immunity to fire, GRRM has stated that not all Targs are immune to fire and even Dany's surviving the fire with the dragons was a one-off magical event. Google will find you sources for this quote of his.
c.kingsley is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2942 of 3361 Old 05-10-2016, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rsambuca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Dany's big brother certainly couldn't handle the heat, that is for sure!
rsambuca is offline  
post #2943 of 3361 Old 05-10-2016, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 12,449
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1986 Post(s)
Liked: 2496
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsambuca View Post
Dany's big brother certainly couldn't handle the heat, that is for sure!
I think there is a big difference to surviving fire and surviving molten lead being poured over you.

WilliamR is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2944 of 3361 Old 05-10-2016, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hernanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston Suburbs
Posts: 4,882
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1335 Post(s)
Liked: 2195
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I think there is a big difference to surviving fire and surviving molten lead being poured over you.
lead poisoning?
hernanu is offline  
post #2945 of 3361 Old 05-10-2016, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
OggideM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I think there is a big difference to surviving fire and surviving molten lead being poured over you.
what?

Quit failing to flip the switch
OggideM is offline  
post #2946 of 3361 Old 05-10-2016, 11:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rsambuca's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,119
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I think there is a big difference to surviving fire and surviving molten lead being poured over you.
Actually, I believe it was supposed to be molten gold, since the implication was that Khal Drogo gave Viserys the 'Golden Crown' that he was promised.

On a side note, gold doesn't melt until over 1900 F, and the average campfire like Drogo had will only get to about 700F. He must have used some magic in that fire too!
John dhein and jazzycat like this.
rsambuca is offline  
post #2947 of 3361 Old 05-10-2016, 01:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
rdclark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Philadelphia Vicinity
Posts: 4,817
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked: 999
"Fire" is a mystical, magical element in many religions and cultures, not the same as "heat." Killing someone who is invulnerable to the effects of fire by pouring molten metal on them could conceivably be possible if the local rules of magic allow for the distinction.

This is not a discussion of physics, after all.
rdclark is offline  
post #2948 of 3361 Old 05-10-2016, 01:16 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 12,449
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1986 Post(s)
Liked: 2496
Quote:
Originally Posted by OggideM View Post
what?
Sorry, I think it was gold or something. Big difference between surviving fire and surviving that being poured over you.
jazzycat likes this.

WilliamR is online now  
post #2949 of 3361 Old 05-10-2016, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 12,449
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1986 Post(s)
Liked: 2496
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdclark View Post
"Fire" is a mystical, magical element in many religions and cultures, not the same as "heat." Killing someone who is invulnerable to the effects of fire by pouring molten metal on them could conceivably be possible if the local rules of magic allow for the distinction.

This is not a discussion of physics, after all.
Also, you would have a gold (metal) head around you, limiting your air, etc. Plus, how would you carry that thing around with you everywhere, talk about having a big head.

WilliamR is online now  
post #2950 of 3361 Old 05-10-2016, 03:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
rustycruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 999
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Tons of Targaryens have died over the years from fire. Summerhall the obvious one when Dunk and Egg (Aegon the Unlikely) dies, along with Aegon's heir. Not to mention during the Dance of the Dragons. And back then they were much more pure, especially when intermarried with house Velaryon or other Targaryens

Last edited by rustycruiser; 05-10-2016 at 04:03 PM.
rustycruiser is offline  
post #2951 of 3361 Old 05-10-2016, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 10,482
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5134 Post(s)
Liked: 4582
I read a very interesting theory today about Bran...so in last night's episode there was a scene where Bran calls out his fathers name while inside his Tower of Joy vision...Ned seems to hear him in some way...so maybe Bran has the ability to transcend these space/time barriers...Mad King Aerys went mad because he heard voices in his head...maybe those voices were Bran speaking to him...so Bran was the reason Aerys went mad and started this whole cycle?...
TitusTroy is offline  
post #2952 of 3361 Old 05-11-2016, 07:16 AM
Advanced Member
 
DaMavs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NE OH
Posts: 632
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
I read a very interesting theory today about Bran...so in last night's episode there was a scene where Bran calls out his fathers name while inside his Tower of Joy vision...Ned seems to hear him in some way...so maybe Bran has the ability to transcend these space/time barriers...Mad King Aerys went mad because he heard voices in his head...maybe those voices were Bran speaking to him...so Bran was the reason Aerys went mad and started this whole cycle?...
Interesting/Creative theory, although I think there are some time paradox issues to work out there. Namely how did Bran start down that path the first time to talk to Mad King Aerys if Aerys was never mad and thus Bran's time line didn't have him falling (along with tons of other things leading to his "fall") in the first place?

Didn't the Three Eyed Raven say something like "the past is written"? I took that as Bran could observe but could not change things he was seeing in the past. Of course that presumes the 3 eyed one is honest...
jazzycat likes this.

PS4 ID: Mav_26_
DaMavs is offline  
post #2953 of 3361 Old 05-11-2016, 08:46 AM
 
Mfusick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Western MA
Posts: 29,681
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked: 2729
I wish these episodes didn't fly by so fast. I could easily tolerate a 2 hour episode length combined with a 20 episode season length. That's a compliment.
grtuck and jazzycat like this.
Mfusick is offline  
post #2954 of 3361 Old 05-11-2016, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dcowboy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pequannock, NJ
Posts: 6,169
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post
I wish these episodes didn't fly by so fast.
At least some longer eps coming up:

1 - 50 minutes
2 - 53
3 - 52

4 - 59
5 - 57
6 - 52
7 - 51
8 - 59
9 - 60
10 - 69 (longest ever)

These have been done before but still are cool:
jazzycat likes this.


Last edited by dcowboy7; 05-11-2016 at 10:52 AM.
dcowboy7 is offline  
post #2955 of 3361 Old 05-11-2016, 03:37 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 4,119
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 794 Post(s)
Liked: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMavs View Post
Interesting/Creative theory, although I think there are some time paradox issues to work out there. Namely how did Bran start down that path the first time to talk to Mad King Aerys if Aerys was never mad and thus Bran's time line didn't have him falling (along with tons of other things leading to his "fall") in the first place?

Didn't the Three Eyed Raven say something like "the past is written"? I took that as Bran could observe but could not change things he was seeing in the past. Of course that presumes the 3 eyed one is honest...

Also assuming he knows everything to know about this skill. Which, according to his reaction, he probably doesnt.
DaMavs likes this.
Yrd is offline  
post #2956 of 3361 Old 05-11-2016, 04:54 PM
Senior Member
 
DarenG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 439
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 107
After this last episode, I am wondering when (not if) Cersei is going to simply lose it and sick the Purple Mountain's Majesty on everyone. LOL.
DarenG is offline  
post #2957 of 3361 Old 05-11-2016, 10:25 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 4,119
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 794 Post(s)
Liked: 538
If he lasts long enough to meet a whitewalker. Will he be turned to their side?
Yrd is offline  
post #2958 of 3361 Old 05-14-2016, 09:03 PM
Senior Member
 
jazzycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarenG View Post
After this last episode, I am wondering when (not if) Cersei is going to simply lose it and sick the Purple Mountain's Majesty on everyone. LOL.
Well, in the books, she was "madder" than the Mad Hatter and went crazy with power (from what I remember). She burned the Tower, and watched gleefully from the window as chaos ensued. I remember thinking she had finally gone insane when I was reading the last two books. They haven't really shown that in the series... yet. Sometimes they use a different plot line to come to the same conclusion though.
jazzycat is offline  
post #2959 of 3361 Old 05-15-2016, 09:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Timokreon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 143
That wasn't really Emilia at the end, right? Just her head on a body double?

Great episode though!
Timokreon is offline  
post #2960 of 3361 Old 05-15-2016, 09:56 PM
Senior Member
 
jazzycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Holy CRAP! Best. Episode. Ever!!!
jazzycat is offline  
post #2961 of 3361 Old 05-15-2016, 11:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 4,654
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1553 Post(s)
Liked: 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timokreon View Post
That wasn't really Emilia at the end, right? Just her head on a body double?

Great episode though!
I'm thinking the same thing. Probably from the last show in the first season.

Edit: Apparently not: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/15...ia-clarke-dany

I really liked that she kicked Dothraki butt without the dragons. We got the "pink letter" from Ramsay. Tyrells and Lannisters united about the Sparrows. Tyrion may be over his head I think though. No surprise that Ramsay dispatches Osha. I got the Tormund/Brienne attraction (at least one way) immediately. Looks like Jon may get help from the Vale and that this mission is right on Littlefinger's agenda.
jazzycat likes this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.

Last edited by daryl zero; 05-15-2016 at 11:29 PM.
daryl zero is offline  
post #2962 of 3361 Old 05-16-2016, 04:34 AM
Senior Member
 
tawilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Theresa, NY
Posts: 340
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
I'm thinking the same thing. Probably from the last show in the first season.

Edit: Apparently not: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/15...ia-clarke-dany

I really liked that she kicked Dothraki butt without the dragons. We got the "pink letter" from Ramsay. Tyrells and Lannisters united about the Sparrows. Tyrion may be over his head I think though. No surprise that Ramsay dispatches Osha. I got the Tormund/Brienne attraction (at least one way) immediately. Looks like Jon may get help from the Vale and that this mission is right on Littlefinger's agenda.
Yes but won't Sansa have a couple things to say to Littlefinger?
jazzycat likes this.
tawilson is offline  
post #2963 of 3361 Old 05-16-2016, 05:13 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 12,449
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1986 Post(s)
Liked: 2496
Wow, wow, wow.


Just when you thought it couldn't get any better they throw this at you. Awesome!


Danerys fire proof (why did she burn her hand then on that fire in the other season???), Jon and Sansa - awesome moment. Ramsay - more reasons to hate him. Can't wait for that battle!
jazzycat likes this.

WilliamR is online now  
post #2964 of 3361 Old 05-16-2016, 07:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChldsPlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,177
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1170 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Wow, wow, wow.


Just when you thought it couldn't get any better they throw this at you. Awesome!


Danerys fire proof (why did she burn her hand then on that fire in the other season???), Jon and Sansa - awesome moment. Ramsay - more reasons to hate him. Can't wait for that battle!
When are you referring to?
jazzycat likes this.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4); Subs - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2)
ChldsPlay is online now  
post #2965 of 3361 Old 05-16-2016, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
DrLar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,528
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked: 239
I've heard that Emilia is herself on that take (not like Lena last season), and proud..

Damn Osha didn't last long this season.. 3 something minutes ouch

That letter Ramsay sent..
jazzycat likes this.

RIP Mom, we always love you 8/18/13
DrLar is offline  
post #2966 of 3361 Old 05-16-2016, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 4,654
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1553 Post(s)
Liked: 1818
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawilson View Post
Yes but won't Sansa have a couple things to say to Littlefinger?
We saw in the previews that Sansa asks Littlefinger if he knew about Ramsay. I'm assuming Littlefinger will say "no or I would never had put you in such danger" or something like that. Having another army to back Sansa won't hurt either and since they both want Ramsay gone, no problema. Now, I'm not sure what Littlefinger will think of Jon.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
daryl zero is offline  
post #2967 of 3361 Old 05-16-2016, 09:18 AM
Senior Member
 
Timokreon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 367
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
I'm thinking the same thing. Probably from the last show in the first season.

Edit: Apparently not: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/15...ia-clarke-dany

I really liked that she kicked Dothraki butt without the dragons. We got the "pink letter" from Ramsay. Tyrells and Lannisters united about the Sparrows. Tyrion may be over his head I think though. No surprise that Ramsay dispatches Osha. I got the Tormund/Brienne attraction (at least one way) immediately. Looks like Jon may get help from the Vale and that this mission is right on Littlefinger's agenda.
Thanks for the article. Perhaps that's what looked 'off', the fact that they shot her in a different location on top of using CGI etc... made her look fakish.

The writers have definitely gone beyond the books. lol... so far this is turning out to be fantastic. No constraints from having to follow the books.
Timokreon is offline  
post #2968 of 3361 Old 05-16-2016, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ChldsPlay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 2,177
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1170 Post(s)
Liked: 675
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
We saw in the previews that Sansa asks Littlefinger if he knew about Ramsay. I'm assuming Littlefinger will say "no or I would never had put you in such danger" or something like that. Having another army to back Sansa won't hurt either and since they both want Ramsay gone, no problema. Now, I'm not sure what Littlefinger will think of Jon.
I think the bigger problem for him is Rickon.

The Hodor Theater - Now with Atmos
Projector - JVC D-ILA NX7; Receiver - Yamaha Adventage A3050
LCR speakers - JTR Noesis 228 HT (3); Surr./Back - Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-8000M (4)
Atmos In-ceiling - Niles DS8HD (4); Subs - Passive JTR Captivator Pro (2)
ChldsPlay is online now  
post #2969 of 3361 Old 05-16-2016, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wco81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 7,930
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2454 Post(s)
Liked: 972
Do the books show Osha getting killed? The show runners probably want to save Ramsey for a grander death than a minor character catching him by surprise.

Do the books show Dany burning all the khals or even getting captured by the Dothraki?
wco81 is online now  
post #2970 of 3361 Old 05-16-2016, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 15,504
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3028 Post(s)
Liked: 3969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timokreon View Post
The writers have definitely gone beyond the books. lol... so far this is turning out to be fantastic. No constraints from having to follow the books.
I agree, although I had had mixed feelings .. I figured the "we're beyond the books now" would result in GRRM selling less, when and if he finishes "The Winds of Winter" .. however, based on what we're seeing now, Martin may sell more because fans will want to see what the differences are ..
acebreathe likes this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off