"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 460 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5511Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #13771 of 14089 Old 03-26-2019, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 15,400
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2970 Post(s)
Liked: 3876
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Well, at that time, all Daryl knew was that he and his friends had been spared. And she established boundaries that he could probably accept, promising peace if they were respected. She lowered her gun, and seemed to want to put the conflict to an end (and he probably saw her as a better alternative than Beta). And Daryl does have a moral compass (if treated fairly). That's one of his attributes that makes him the show's new protagonist.

I'm sure he would have acted completely differently if he had known about the heads-on-a-stick.
Maybe the idea that if Daryl offed Alpha, her Replacement would release the Hoard .. ?? Just spit balling here ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13772 of 14089 Old 03-26-2019, 08:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ken.F's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: West Rockhill, PA
Posts: 5,512
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2288 Post(s)
Liked: 2570
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTiVo View Post
That's strange. So it wasn't AMC's fault for supplying faulting time coding after all?
Apparently AMC told many of the guide data providers that airing was a one hour episode. My DVR uses Gracenote guide data and it cut off early. I started watching the recording Sunday evening about 45 minutes after it started. As soon as I hit the end of the recording and realized what happened I added the 12:25AM airing to my DVR schedule and extended the stop time by 30 minutes. That recording got the entire episode plus an extra 30 minutes so the guide error must have only been for the 9:00PM time slot.
Ken.F is online now  
post #13773 of 14089 Old 03-26-2019, 09:05 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,325
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6526 Post(s)
Liked: 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don S View Post
Good points all. If you consider it only from the standpoint of him pushing her over the cliff. From the standpoint of him actually taking the gun from her, I'm not so sure.


What would have been accomplished by taking the gun? She would have ordered the killing of the rest. Then he would be dead as he was deep in their territory after which they would have released the horde , maybe keeping him alive to watch the aftermath. He was in a “no win” situation as far as aggression goes. They played it well and covered their bases as far as that goes. Beta seems to be more about physical action where Alpha knows how to do both physical and psychological warfare.
aaronwt likes this.
Ph8te is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13774 of 14089 Old 03-26-2019, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Sonyad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,401
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Tivo recorded just fine.
Sonyad is offline  
post #13775 of 14089 Old 03-26-2019, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 12,198
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1922 Post(s)
Liked: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
What would have been accomplished by taking the gun? She would have ordered the killing of the rest. Then he would be dead as he was deep in their territory after which they would have released the horde , maybe keeping him alive to watch the aftermath. He was in a “no win” situation as far as aggression goes. They played it well and covered their bases as far as that goes. Beta seems to be more about physical action where Alpha knows how to do both physical and psychological warfare.
Release all my friends or I blow your head off. The Whispers have mostly knives, it wouldn't of been a quick kill by the whisperers. If she said kill them, blow her head off, attack the rest, fight for your chance.


Or take the gun point at her and tell her she doesn't have a chance, throw it over the cliff and leave. Do something to show she is not as dominant as she believes or hopes but sparing her shows they are not all about killing.
Don S likes this.

WilliamR is offline  
post #13776 of 14089 Old 03-26-2019, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bobby94928's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Posts: 5,640
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Dish recorded just fine. I am actually an AMC Premiere sub so I don't get commercials and it had the entire program as well...

Bobby 

bobby94928 is online now  
post #13777 of 14089 Old 03-26-2019, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,325
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6526 Post(s)
Liked: 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Release all my friends or I blow your head off. The Whispers have mostly knives, it wouldn't of been a quick kill by the whisperers. If she said kill them, blow her head off, attack the rest, fight for your chance.


Or take the gun point at her and tell her she doesn't have a chance, throw it over the cliff and leave. Do something to show she is not as dominant as she believes or hopes but sparing her shows they are not all about killing.


She’s already shown she’s ready to die for the cause. She would have said “go ahead” then you can watch everyone you know and love die. As I said even if he killed her it would only make things worse. We’ve already seen the whisperers with guns, they prefer knives however. As far as leaving, where is he going to go? Is he just going to abandon the remaking people and “hope” they don’t die and that he doesn’t get captured again? In this situation she WAS the dominant force. He played the right move, gaining valuable intel and keeping the rest of the group alive.
aaronwt likes this.
Ph8te is offline  
post #13778 of 14089 Old 03-26-2019, 10:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Don S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Bayville, NJ
Posts: 1,425
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 367 Post(s)
Liked: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Release all my friends or I blow your head off. The Whispers have mostly knives, it wouldn't of been a quick kill by the whisperers. If she said kill them, blow her head off, attack the rest, fight for your chance.


Or take the gun point at her and tell her she doesn't have a chance, throw it over the cliff and leave. Do something to show she is not as dominant as she believes or hopes but sparing her shows they are not all about killing.


Yeah exactly this.
Don S is offline  
post #13779 of 14089 Old 03-26-2019, 10:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Marcus Carr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Baltimore City
Posts: 8,254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 147
I had to record the second showing anyway.


Great episode but a series low.


https://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/da...march-24-2019/

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

Marcus Carr is offline  
post #13780 of 14089 Old 03-26-2019, 10:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drewTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 4,630
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Liked: 2242
Best episode this season by far. My recording got cut off as well so when I watched it On Demand, I figured only Siddiq died because he was there on the couch in Talking Dead which unfortunately plays the last few seconds when you start the actual Walkind Dead episode. But man, taking out so many people that way, brutal. I did like the main Highwayman dude so was hoping they were going to take that further.

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL S/510 | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
drewTT is offline  
post #13781 of 14089 Old 03-26-2019, 01:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 160
I like the Highwayman also. Bummer. What I do not get and maybe I missed it is where the Hell did all the weapons go. Alexander ' Hilltop had tons of weapons' and even more after they defeated the Saviour's' plus Eugene knows how to make ammo.
gibson61 is offline  
post #13782 of 14089 Old 03-26-2019, 01:56 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 25,463
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6155 Post(s)
Liked: 6813
Highwaymen, we hardly knew ye'. And they didn't even get a chance to see their movie.
aaronwt likes this.
archiguy is online now  
post #13783 of 14089 Old 03-26-2019, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
drewTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 4,630
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2094 Post(s)
Liked: 2242

LG OLED65E8 | Plinius Hiato | Dynaudio Contour 20 | Dynaudio Stand 6 | REL S/510 | PS Audio DirectStream Junior | Furman IT-Reference 15i | Sony PS4 Pro | Synology DS916+ | Apple TV 4K | BDI Mirage | NEEO | Focal Shape 40 | iFi Pro iDSD | iFi Pro iRack | roon
drewTT is offline  
post #13784 of 14089 Old 03-26-2019, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garrett Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Stockton, CA USA
Posts: 3,851
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1132 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Lucca View Post
Direc here. DVR cut off at the end of the movie theater scene, but since I watched last night couldn't watch the end after TD. Set up to record the show Friday night, and it shows a longer record time in the guide. Guess I missed a lot...
I gave up on Into the Badlands a few seasons back but since this is its' final season I scheduled a recording on Sunday. I too was surprised when TWD ended so abruptly. Luckily it picked right upon playing the the ITB recording. On the latter I dumped it 20 minutes into the recording. Still not my cup of tea.

Next week I am padding my recording by 30 minutes.
Garrett Adams is offline  
post #13785 of 14089 Old 03-27-2019, 03:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
MrEmoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SE Mass, USA, Earth
Posts: 588
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I feel your pain, that no fast forwarding with on-demand can be a real pain in the behind.
I'm on Comcast. In that ecosystem, you can program your remote to skip ahead 30 seconds at a time at the touch of the page up button. Someone on this board told me that (can't remember who) and I am eternally grateful to them, because a 30 second skip is a great way to go past commercials, since most are 30 seconds.

My recording ended at the movie scene and I figured had lost maybe 1 minute or two. I then started watching my recording of Talking Dead and the host started off with a mention of many people having missed the last 20 minutes, etc., so I thought WTH and popped into On Demand and started the show that way.

Even though fast-forward was disabled (bastids!) my 30 second skip button still worked, so I just kept pressing that like a maniac to get to the movie scene and was able to watch until the end that way.

That was a pretty intense last part of an episode! This season is definitely an improvement!

In the opening scenes where they showed the super happy couple being all lovey dovey, I thought to myself oh jeez, these two are going to die. They might as well have put red shirts on them
aaronwt and Tack like this.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
MrEmoto is offline  
post #13786 of 14089 Old 03-27-2019, 04:17 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 12,198
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1922 Post(s)
Liked: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
She’s already shown she’s ready to die for the cause. She would have said “go ahead” then you can watch everyone you know and love die. As I said even if he killed her it would only make things worse. We’ve already seen the whisperers with guns, they prefer knives however. As far as leaving, where is he going to go? Is he just going to abandon the remaking people and “hope” they don’t die and that he doesn’t get captured again? In this situation she WAS the dominant force. He played the right move, gaining valuable intel and keeping the rest of the group alive.
You are looking at this from your perspective with more knowledge of what she has done, how she is, etc. then what Daryl knows. They had very limited encounters with her, a brief talk at the gate. Our complaint is Daryl didn't try anything when the opportunity was present. He doesn't know she would have said that, we do though. Sure she had a baby in the field, but you also don't know what the outcome was going to be because it got interrupted by the girl taking the baby.


As for leaving, I meant go back to where the group was, just like they exactly did when they were done talking at the overlook. She would have no weapon, the point was made on both sides. She let him go, he let her go. Point made on both sides.

WilliamR is offline  
post #13787 of 14089 Old 03-27-2019, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,325
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6526 Post(s)
Liked: 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
You are looking at this from your perspective with more knowledge of what she has done, how she is, etc. then what Daryl knows. They had very limited encounters with her, a brief talk at the gate. Our complaint is Daryl didn't try anything when the opportunity was present. He doesn't know she would have said that, we do though. Sure she had a baby in the field, but you also don't know what the outcome was going to be because it got interrupted by the girl taking the baby.


As for leaving, I meant go back to where the group was, just like they exactly did when they were done talking at the overlook. She would have no weapon, the point was made on both sides. She let him go, he let her go. Point made on both sides.


He also had the stories from her daughter. We are not privy to everything he knows. You’re acting like there would be no consequences for any aggressive action he took. It also seems people are acting like they would have just “let it go”. The reason they let them go was because he was “good”. This wasn’t the time or place to play hero (which is my point).
aaronwt likes this.
Ph8te is offline  
post #13788 of 14089 Old 03-27-2019, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ray Lucca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 800
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 96
I am on Direc and mine cut-off during the commercials after the Movie Theatre scene. Checked On Demand and it was there, fired it up last night and the Fast forward Did Work, so used it and it also cut-off at the 1 hour mark, GRRR. So set to record Friday night and it shows 1 hr 30 minutes. Clicking around and a showing popped up last night at 10 PM Pacific. Set it to record, and it showed 1.5 hours. Quick check, looked like it worked, will watch tonight.
Ray Lucca is offline  
post #13789 of 14089 Old 03-27-2019, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 12,198
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1922 Post(s)
Liked: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
He also had the stories from her daughter. We are not privy to everything he knows. You’re acting like there would be no consequences for any aggressive action he took. It also seems people are acting like they would have just “let it go”. The reason they let them go was because he was “good”. This wasn’t the time or place to play hero (which is my point).
There would definitely be consequences but you don't get to many opportunities to be completely alone with the leader of a group, on a cliff, easily being able to be overpowered, finger not even on the trigger. Sometimes you have to take action and attempt to end things here and now, not hope something comes along later. Look how much could have been saved, people, etc. if they took the governor out early on, or someone at The Saviours took out Neegan early on. Knowing all the group has been through at the hands of a sadistic leader, Daryl has seen it all, surprised he didn't take the opportunity when he could. Just my thoughts and if I was in his shoes, I would have let the dice roll and she would have seen the walker horde up close and personal then attempted a surprise rescue/attack on those holding the others at knife point, taking Beta out first if I could.

WilliamR is offline  
post #13790 of 14089 Old 03-27-2019, 10:22 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 15,400
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2970 Post(s)
Liked: 3876
Personally, IMO, Daryl made the right choice based on the circumstances and what he knew at that time .. he took Alpha at her word .. that's the "Carl Way" .. as well, getting into a tussle with somebody, woman or man, you have no guarantee of the outcome ..

Now, had the "Heads on a Pike" been known at the time, it probably would have played out different ..

Just my Opinion ..

I don't agree with leaving Negan alive either, but they have plans for him, I feel sure ..
aaronwt, Sonyad and Ph8te like this.

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #13791 of 14089 Old 03-27-2019, 10:25 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 19,325
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6526 Post(s)
Liked: 6240
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
There would definitely be consequences but you don't get to many opportunities to be completely alone with the leader of a group, on a cliff, easily being able to be overpowered, finger not even on the trigger. Sometimes you have to take action and attempt to end things here and now, not hope something comes along later. Look how much could have been saved, people, etc. if they took the governor out early on, or someone at The Saviours took out Neegan early on. Knowing all the group has been through at the hands of a sadistic leader, Daryl has seen it all, surprised he didn't take the opportunity when he could. Just my thoughts and if I was in his shoes, I would have let the dice roll and she would have seen the walker horde up close and personal then attempted a surprise rescue/attack on those holding the others at knife point, taking Beta out first if I could.


I get it, in this case we just disagree For me I think Darryl saw that the risk of attempting to do something wasn’t worth it. I’m sure he thought about it, but the butterfly effect of something went wrong would be catastrophic. If he stays calm, regroups and goes back they have a much better chance of actually beating the group. I always like seeing other people’s viewpoint, even if I don’t agree with it.
WilliamR likes this.
Ph8te is offline  
post #13792 of 14089 Old 03-27-2019, 10:47 AM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,958
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9312 Post(s)
Liked: 5999
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
The pike scene reminded me of something out of some medieval battle.

Regarding the DVR timer glitch, it affected damn near every provider from what I've read. AMC tagged the episode as only (1) hour long. Some DVRs automatically extend the record time by a few minutes but it actually ran 1:26. We missed it on YouTube TV but it recorded 2-3 more showings overnight as well as grabbed an 'on-demand' version with the full runtime of 1:26.
I'm glad I had no issues with my Philo streaming cloud recording. I watched it yesterday and nothing was cut off.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #13793 of 14089 Old 03-27-2019, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dayton
Posts: 3,325
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 506 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I'm glad I had no issues with my Philo streaming cloud recording. I watched it yesterday and nothing was cut off.
If that's a knock against YouTube TV, it's unfounded. Had we waited a day or longer to watch, it would have been a non-issue. If we were watching it live, it would have been a non-issue.
hall is offline  
post #13794 of 14089 Old 03-27-2019, 11:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Imp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 2,839
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Late to the game here. Didn't watch the episode until Monday and this site was taking a crap on Tuesday, thus not allowing me to post.

First off, I would have been in the same boat as a lot of you in regards to recording time. If I didn't follow the show on Facebook, I never would have known it was going to run long. They said there that the show would run to 10:25, so I added a 1/2 hour. Glad I saw that post early enough. Still, how did they mess this up so bad?

As for the deaths, didn't care much about Enid and couldn't stand Henry. The others were all bit players, but damn it, not Tara!
Who is going to lead Hilltop now? Are they hoping Whiskey Cavalier fails so they can bring Maggie back?
Tom Imp is offline  
post #13795 of 14089 Old 03-27-2019, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member
 
MrEmoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: SE Mass, USA, Earth
Posts: 588
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
Late to the game here. Didn't watch the episode until Monday and this site was taking a crap on Tuesday, thus not allowing me to post.

First off, I would have been in the same boat as a lot of you in regards to recording time. If I didn't follow the show on Facebook, I never would have known it was going to run long. They said there that the show would run to 10:25, so I added a 1/2 hour. Glad I saw that post early enough. Still, how did they mess this up so bad?

As for the deaths, didn't care much about Enid and couldn't stand Henry. The others were all bit players, but damn it, not Tara!
Who is going to lead Hilltop now? Are they hoping Whiskey Cavalier fails so they can bring Maggie back?
With the Comcast DVR (which is all I have any experience with) I have it set up to record the series. In the past, when there have been episodes like season enders, or whatever, that have run 90 minutes (was there a 2 hour one once?) the DVR somehow knows to record the extra amount of time. I have never had to intervene. Based on that past behavior, I would not have thought to reprogram the recording time setting because there would be no need. Of course, I had no idea it was a long episode until I started watching Talking Dead and though I should check On Demand...

And yeah, I was not a Henry fan, although having a male teen on probably helps capture that viewing demographic to some extent. I wasn't really much of an Alana Masterson fan, either. Enid, I could take or leave in an episode; she didn't add much, for me anyway. I did kind of like the Highwayman dude; he was alright.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1

Last edited by MrEmoto; 03-27-2019 at 12:48 PM.
MrEmoto is offline  
post #13796 of 14089 Old 03-27-2019, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
taxman48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,282
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 419 Post(s)
Liked: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Imp View Post
Late to the game here. Didn't watch the episode until Monday and this site was taking a crap on Tuesday, thus not allowing me to post.

First off, I would have been in the same boat as a lot of you in regards to recording time. If I didn't follow the show on Facebook, I never would have known it was going to run long. They said there that the show would run to 10:25, so I added a 1/2 hour. Glad I saw that post early enough. Still, how did they mess this up so bad?

As for the deaths, didn't care much about Enid and couldn't stand Henry. The others were all bit players, but damn it, not Tara!
Who is going to lead Hilltop now? Are they hoping Whiskey Cavalier fails so they can bring Maggie back?

Whiskey Cavalier becomes Whiskey Sour..
aaronwt likes this.

taxman48 is offline  
post #13797 of 14089 Old 03-27-2019, 03:03 PM
UHD Addict
 
aaronwt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Northern VA(Woodbridge)
Posts: 35,958
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9312 Post(s)
Liked: 5999
Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
If that's a knock against YouTube TV, it's unfounded. Had we waited a day or longer to watch, it would have been a non-issue. If we were watching it live, it would have been a non-issue.
No knock against any other service. Only that I use Philo streaming for AMC shows. With my TiVo on FiOS as a backup. And when I watched the Philo Cloud stored recording yesterday, the episode was there in its entirety.. when I posted that I wasn't even thinking about any other streaming services.



Sent from my Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is online now  
post #13798 of 14089 Old 03-27-2019, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Rakesh.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,239
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 126
hey man how did beta get out of that elevator shaft lol
Rakesh.S is offline  
post #13799 of 14089 Old 03-28-2019, 04:12 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
WilliamR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 12,198
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1922 Post(s)
Liked: 2372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakesh.S View Post
hey man how did beta get out of that elevator shaft lol
I know you jest and all but I was thinking about that and it had to be the ladder on the side of the shaft or he wedged the door open and got out on that floor.


Last edited by WilliamR; 03-28-2019 at 04:16 AM.
WilliamR is offline  
post #13800 of 14089 Old 03-28-2019, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
archiguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 25,463
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6155 Post(s)
Liked: 6813
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I know you jest and all but I was thinking about that and it had to be the ladder on the side of the shaft or he wedged the door open and got out on that floor.
No, he fell all the way to the bottom and landed on the concrete slab at the base of the shaft. Which, fortunately for him, did not have the big springs you sometimes find at the bottom of traction elevator shafts (which would have made a cool impaling, had the showrunners decided his character had run his course).

Daryl even checked it out, just to make sure he actually fell all the way down. But Big Beta survived a fall that would have killed anybody else without even any major injuries due to the "Michael Myers Factor". It's a genre show, man.

edit: Oh, I see now. You were asking how he got out. Pit ladder, they call it. Required by code. And you can open many (but not all) elevator doors from the inside; safety feature.
citizen arcane likes this.

Last edited by archiguy; 03-28-2019 at 07:33 AM.
archiguy is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
the walking dead , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season , tv shows

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off