"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 466 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5570Likes

post #13951 of 14167 Old 06-16-2019, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
Not really. Then, it's just a matter of attrition. If no new walkers are going to be "born", then it's only a matter of time until they're all killed off and become extinct. They're not terribly good at defending themselves, after all.

That's how I would end the show. Mankind finally extinguishes this horrible threat to its very survival and embarks on a new, more hopeful chapter of history.

And I'd do it next year. It's time.
I agree it's time to end the show. All this dead meat walking should have been extinct within a few weeks of being out of the refrigerator, but that's not how the WD works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13952 of 14167 Old 06-16-2019, 11:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2303 Post(s)
Liked: 2620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyad View Post
I agree it's time to end the show.
You can end it by not watching it any more and those of us that still enjoy it can keep watching future seasons. Win-win.
post #13953 of 14167 Old 06-16-2019, 03:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken.F View Post
You can end it by not watching it any more and those of us that still enjoy it can keep watching future seasons. Win-win.
It's your problem if you can't bear to hear a negative critique of this show. I will watch it until I chose to stop and will post my pleasure or displeasure. Win-win.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13954 of 14167 Old 06-16-2019, 03:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It's your problem if you can't bear to hear a negative critique of this show. I will watch it until I chose to stop and will post my pleasure or displeasure. Win-win.
I don't have a problem at all. I really don't care if you like the show or not. I just disagree that they should end the show for everyone because you are getting tired of it.
post #13955 of 14167 Old 06-16-2019, 04:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don't have a problem at all. I really don't care if you like the show or not. I just disagree that they should end the show for everyone because you are getting tired of it.
Strange to single me out from the various people to have legitimately complained about the direction of this show since the about season six. Foolish to state that I want the cancellation just my say so.
post #13956 of 14167 Old 06-16-2019, 04:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Strange to single me out from the various people to have legitimately complained about the direction of this show since the about season six. Foolish to state that I want the cancellation just my say so.
I guess I did single you out. Sorry about that. If archiguy or anyone else wants to jump in they are welcome to do so. Oops, I did it again.
post #13957 of 14167 Old 06-16-2019, 05:24 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 6206 Post(s)
Liked: 6885
Okay, my chime: Hell hath no fury like a Deadhead scorned.
Garrett Adams likes this.
post #13958 of 14167 Old 06-18-2019, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4366 Post(s)
Liked: 3325
Quote:
That's how I would end the show. Mankind finally extinguishes this horrible threat to its very survival and embarks on a new, more hopeful chapter of history.
And then the alien motherships arrive...

Josh Z
Home Theater Writer/Editor

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whoever they may be.
post #13959 of 14167 Old 06-18-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
And then the alien motherships arrive...
Ah, so you've seen 'Salvation'.
post #13960 of 14167 Old 06-18-2019, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 3006 Post(s)
Liked: 3930
All of this is George Romero's fault anyway ..
archiguy likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #13961 of 14167 Old 06-18-2019, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 4968 Post(s)
Liked: 4455
I still haven't watched the back 8 episodes of Season 9...crazy thing is after years of mediocrity I actually liked the introduction of the Whisperers
post #13962 of 14167 Old 07-02-2019, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1945 Post(s)
Liked: 2439
The Walking Dead comic unexpectedly ending with latest issue

Writer Robert Kirkman has unexpectedly concluded his long-running horror comic, The Walking Dead. The new issue, #193 , will be the last in the TV franchise-inspiring undead saga, which tracked the travails of Rick Grimes and his son Carl in a zombie apocalypse. The comic’s first issue was published way back in 2003.

In an essay which concludes #193 , Kirkman confirms the issue will be the last Walking Dead comic and explains why he did not prepare readers for its disappearance.

“This is the end of The Walking Dead,” he writes. “That’s it… it’s over… we’re done. I’m sure you have a million questions… and I’m sure you feel as emotional about all this as we do… if not more so. I’m completely willing to bet some of you are angry over this. I get it… I do. I mean… WHY didn’t we announce this so that fans would have some time to prepare? Well… personally… I hate knowing what’s coming. As a fan, I hate it when I realize I’m in the third act of a movie and the story is winding down. I hate that I can count commercial breaks and know I’m nearing the end of a TV show. I hate that you can FEEL when you’re getting to the end of a book, or a graphic novel.

The Walking Dead has always been built on surprise. Not knowing what’s going to happen when you turn the page, who’s going to die, how they’re going to die… it’s been ESSENTIAL to the success of this series. It’s been the lifeblood that’s been keeping it going all these years, keeping people engaged. It just felt WRONG and against the very nature of this series not to make the actual end as surprising as all the big deaths… from Shane all the way to Rick.”

Kirkman also explains in the essay that he had mapped out the major story points of the series’ end as far back as 2015 and ultimately resisted the temptation to pad out the plot so that the comic could continue for longer.

“As I worked to come up with ways to expand the story, none of it felt right,” he says. “Everything felt like an unnecessary detour… it was, for lack of a better word, filler. The harder I tried to come up with new places to go, the clearer it was to me that this is what this story needed… it needed to end.”

https://ew.com/books/2019/07/02/the-...obert-kirkman/
Tack likes this.

post #13963 of 14167 Old 07-02-2019, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 95
WOW! I wonder what this means for the TV shows?

Steve
"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."
My DVDs
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

post #13964 of 14167 Old 07-02-2019, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4790 Post(s)
Liked: 6418
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
The Walking Dead comic unexpectedly ending with latest issue

Spoiler!
and ultimately resisted the temptation to pad out the plot
Spoiler!

I got a chuckle out of that one.
post #13965 of 14167 Old 07-02-2019, 02:16 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4366 Post(s)
Liked: 3325
Ending at 193? He couldn't think of anything to fill another few months and close on an even 200?

Josh Z
Home Theater Writer/Editor

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whoever they may be.
post #13966 of 14167 Old 07-02-2019, 02:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2408 Post(s)
Liked: 954
Probably looked at his bank account, saw more money from TV, then decided why am I continuing to do this.

Let me guess, it just ends, no resolution of any kind.
archiguy, aaronwt and Josh Z like this.
post #13967 of 14167 Old 07-02-2019, 04:10 PM

I like that Kirkman just ended it without months/years of buildup/hype...I think he's tired of it as well and wants to do something else...if only the TV show followed...let the story end naturally without unnecessary filler...too late for that but they still need to set an end date...it's been on a rinse and repeat pattern for years now plus all the major stars are leaving (or taking breaks)...everyone is tired...it was a good run AMC- let it go...my crazy prediction for Season 10- AMC will finally announce an end date
post #13968 of 14167 Old 07-02-2019, 04:57 PM

Hey, maybe the show producers will take this as a sign they can now go in a different direction, maybe inject new life & excitement into the show and purpose for its characters by finally searching for a cure!

Ah, don't mind me. I'm just a crazy kid with a silly dream.
post #13969 of 14167 Old 07-02-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Hey, maybe the show producers will take this as a sign they can now go in a different direction, maybe inject new life & excitement into the show and purpose for its characters by finally searching for a cure!
at this point it's too late for any new interesting story...they need to cut the rope...for an interesting new take on the zombie drama check out the Netflix show Kingdom...it's a Korean show but don't let that stop you...

https://bloody-disgusting.com/tv/354...-zombie-genre/
post #13970 of 14167 Old 07-02-2019, 11:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1854 Post(s)
Liked: 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
...it was a good run AMC- let it go...my crazy prediction for Season 10- AMC will finally announce an end date

AMC's end date has already been announced. It's 10+ years. Why do you guys torture yourself if you hate it so much? Just stop watching it.

The ratings have been dropping and fan interest seems to be at an all-time low. Despite all of this, AMC has never actually showed any signs of worry about the series’ future, with president and CEO Josh Sapan now insisting that the universe has 10+ years left in its sails.

The Walking Dead is a universe…and we have a plan to manage over the next decade, plus. That plan is a careful plan to respect the world of the fans of that world,” Sapan noted, when asked about the series’ ratings issues.

Even with the ratings decline of late, it’s important to note that “The Walking Dead” is still a ratings monster, and “Fear the Walking Dead” continues to be a hit as well. We’re assuming *both* series’ will be continuing for many, many years to come, and we can only assume that AMC also plans on expanding the franchise with more spin-offs and things of that nature.

The end may *seem* near, but apparently there’s no true end in sight.
Jonas2 likes this.
post #13971 of 14167 Old 07-03-2019, 01:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2408 Post(s)
Liked: 954
Still probably their highest-rated show.

And they probably have nothing in the pipeline which is going to keep the lights on.

Wasn't there some question whether AMC could sustain itself after BB and MM both ended on big waves of hype which probably inflated the ratings beyond what those shows and AMC had gotten?

They need hit shows to keep funding original series. Otherwise, they'd go back to showing just oldies movies.
post #13972 of 14167 Old 07-03-2019, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
AMC's end date has already been announced. It's 10+ years. Why do you guys torture yourself if you hate it so much? Just stop watching it
where was the word hate used?...it's still a decent show but it's time for it to end...9 years is past the shelf life of most cable dramas...there just milking the same basic story every season- new villain group introduced, kills or maims a few of our heroes, good guys spirit gets broken, they rally and defeat the bad guys...even Robert Kirkman is feeling the burnout and ended the comic series...but AMC only sees $$ and not creative storytelling

I still watch Walking Dead but can no longer do it on a week-to-week basis...I binge it in 8 episode chunks after they take their mid-season break...I still need to watch the back 8 episodes of Season 9 (I'll do it closer to October when the new season drops)
post #13973 of 14167 Old 07-03-2019, 05:11 AM

The Walking Dead comic almost ended in a completely different way

The Walking Dead comic will end with the latest issue, #193 , EW confirmed earlier today. While we won’t spoil the contents of the final chapter in Robert Kirkman‘s epic zombie saga, EW can reveal that the writer originally planned to conclude Rick Grimes’ apocalyptic odyssey much earlier, and in a very different fashion.

“When the story got to Alexandria in issue #72 , things were going to go pretty much as they did,” writes Kirkman in an essay included in issue #123 . “Rick and his crew were going to have trouble fitting in because of everything they’d been through. That would lead to conflict within Alexandria, and it would eventually lead to Rick taking over. The big storyline NO WAY OUT ended with Rick proclaiming that Alexandria was a place worth fighting for, that they could no longer keep moving from place to place… they had to take a stand, lay down roots and start building from there. Their nomad days were behind them.

“Well, for years… that had been planned to be… the end. Rick would make his proclamation, and the speech would end with a big close-up on Rick’s face, you’d turn the page, and Rick’s face would be the same, only it was a statue… and you’d zoom out and see the full statue with some vines growing on the bottom of it… cracks forming… and you’d realize that it was quite OLD.

We’d keep zooming out until we saw that the statue was in Alexandria, the same place where he gave the speech, but it was different. It was old and rundown, broken windows and missing doors. We would keep zooming out until a zombie walked by, then another… and we’d see that Rick had brought them to Alexandria, given this grand speech about rebuilding civilization and SUCCEEDED to the point that they built a statue to honor him… but in the end, the dead won, society crumbled again, this time seemingly for good… and that was it.

Kirkman eventually rejected the idea.

“That ending… in hindsight was embarrassingly bad,” he writes, “but more than that, I wasn’t ready to end this series. Not by a long shot.”

https://ew.com/books/2019/07/02/the-...ferent-ending/
aaronwt likes this.

post #13974 of 14167 Old 07-03-2019, 05:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
Why do you guys torture yourself if you hate it so much? Just stop watching it.
I think some people are getting tired of it, but at the same time they are afraid they might miss something if they quit watching. If the show ends that problem goes away.
archiguy and aaronwt like this.
post #13975 of 14167 Old 07-03-2019, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:
I think some people are getting tired of it, but at the same time they are afraid they might miss something if they quit watching. If the show ends that problem goes away.
Actually I have stopped watching. I haven't watched since the infamous Glenn beatdown. I do come here once in a while to see the attitude and momentum of the fans and it has definitely been slowing.

I agree the rinse and repeat is a problem. Yes this is a show that shows the degradation of society and not so much about zombies but they fail to realize a good part of the fan base is zombie focused and not so much lord of the flies focused.
post #13976 of 14167 Old 07-03-2019, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1136 Post(s)
Liked: 1361
The show does need a shot of adrenaline. Either that or be re-titled The Walking Dead and The Boring Alive.
post #13977 of 14167 Old 07-07-2019, 03:25 PM

AMC Says ‘The Walking Dead’ Universe Will Live On for ‘Many Years to Come’ Despite Comic Books’ Abrupt End
By Reid Nakamura, TheWrap.com - Jul. 2, 2019

AMC assured “The Walking Dead” fans that the show will carry on “for many years to come,” despite comic book series creator Robert Kirkman announcing he would conclude the book’s run this week with a surprise ending in issue #193 .

“This extraordinary comic created a world that already lives in multiple forms, and in the hearts and minds of millions of fans around the world, and will for many years to come,” the network said in a statement.

In the final pages of Wednesday’s issue of the “Walking Dead” comic book, Kirkman revealed that it would serve as a surprise ending to the Image Comics/Skybound Entertainment series, which was first published in 2003.

“In a way, killing this series has been a lot like killing a major character. Much, much harder… but the same feeling,” he wrote. “I don’t WANT to do it. I’d rather keep going… But the story is telling me what it wants and what it needs. This needs to happen. Whether I want it or not.”

Kirkman’s comic series served as the basis for the show and many of its characters and plot turns, but in the nine seasons since its premiere in 2010, AMC’s “The Walking Dead” has deviated from its source material quite substantially.

The comics provided the premise and inspiration for AMC’s hit TV show of the same name, which is about to enter its 10th season. In addition to the spinoff “Fear the Walking Dead,” currently in its fifth season, and the recap show “Talking Dead,” a third spinoff is in development and a series of movies centered around Andrew Lincoln’s Rick Grimes.

Angela Kang is showrunner on “The Walking Dead” and executive produces alongisde Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Dave Alpert, Greg Nicotero, Tom Luse and Denise Huth.

https://www.thewrap.com/amc-says-wal...years-to-come/

post #13978 of 14167 Old 07-09-2019, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruelInventions View Post
Why start from scratch with one of those when she's already halfway through a 15-year run of a zombie-procedural.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
AMC Says ‘The Walking Dead’ Universe Will Live On for ‘Many Years to Come’ Despite Comic Books’ Abrupt End
By Reid Nakamura, TheWrap.com - Jul. 2, 2019

AMC assured “The Walking Dead” fans that the show will carry on “for many years to come,” despite comic book series creator Robert Kirkman announcing he would conclude the book’s run this week with a surprise ending in issue #193 .

“This extraordinary comic created a world that already lives in multiple forms, and in the hearts and minds of millions of fans around the world, and will for many years to come,” the network said in a statement.

In the final pages of Wednesday’s issue of the “Walking Dead” comic book, Kirkman revealed that it would serve as a surprise ending to the Image Comics/Skybound Entertainment series, which was first published in 2003.

“In a way, killing this series has been a lot like killing a major character. Much, much harder… but the same feeling,” he wrote. “I don’t WANT to do it. I’d rather keep going… But the story is telling me what it wants and what it needs. This needs to happen. Whether I want it or not.”

Kirkman’s comic series served as the basis for the show and many of its characters and plot turns, but in the nine seasons since its premiere in 2010, AMC’s “The Walking Dead” has deviated from its source material quite substantially.

The comics provided the premise and inspiration for AMC’s hit TV show of the same name, which is about to enter its 10th season. In addition to the spinoff “Fear the Walking Dead,” currently in its fifth season, and the recap show “Talking Dead,” a third spinoff is in development and a series of movies centered around Andrew Lincoln’s Rick Grimes.

Angela Kang is showrunner on “The Walking Dead” and executive produces alongisde Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Dave Alpert, Greg Nicotero, Tom Luse and Denise Huth.

https://www.thewrap.com/amc-says-wal...years-to-come/
Huh. I wonder what that is.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
post #13979 of 14167 Old 07-11-2019, 05:32 AM

Third Walking Dead series casts its first three leads

The series will focus on two female protagonists in the first generation to come of age in the zombie apocalypse.

The third series from the world of The Walking Dead has found its first three main actors.

Alexa Mansour (Unfriended: Dark Web), Nicolas Cantu (The Amazing World of Gumball), and Hal Cumpston (from Australian comedy Bilched) will star in the new show, which will join The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead on AMC in 2020, EW has learned.

The first 10 episodes of this zombie drama, still without an officially released title, “will feature two young female protagonists and focus on the first generation to come-of-age in the apocalypse as we know it,” according to a network description. “Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. In the end, all of them will be changed forever. Grown-up and cemented in their identities, both good and bad.”

According to Variety, Mansour will play “a good-natured rule breaker who lives for today. She is likable and funny on the outside but sad on the inside.” The trade also describes Cantu’s character as a “friendly” “old soul” with a black belt in karate, and reports Cumpston’s character as “a shy loner who hates the fact that he scares kids.”

The Walking Dead writer/producer Matt Negrete, who created the new show with chief content officer Scott M. Gimple, will serve as showrunner. Filming will commence this summer in Virginia.

As we await for intel, we know that Fear the Walking Dead (currently airing its fifth season) and The Walking Dead (heading into its 10th season) will both have panels at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con in Hall H. The former assembles on the main stage at noon PST on Friday, July 19 with the latter to follow at 1 p.m. PST.

AMC is also developing a number of Walking Dead movies that feature the return of Andrew Lincoln’s Rick Grimes.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/07/10/the-wal...nicolas-cantu/
aaronwt and MrEmoto like this.

post #13980 of 14167 Old 07-11-2019, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 354 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Huh. Didn't see that angle coming.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
the walking dead , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season , tv shows

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page