"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD - Page 467 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5511Likes

post #13981 of 14089 Old 07-11-2019, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1132 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
Wow! Another Walking Dead spin-off. What's after that, The Crawling Dead?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13982 of 14089 Old 07-11-2019, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
Wow! Another Walking Dead spin-off. What's after that, The Crawling Dead?
No, The Walking Babies!

Bobby 

post #13983 of 14089 Old 07-16-2019, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1922 Post(s)
Liked: 2372
See Michonne in a fiery first image from The Walking Dead season 10

By Dalton Ross
July 16, 2019 at 09:45 AM EDT

;

Jackson Lee Davis/AMC

If season 10 of The Walking Dead is indeed to be Danai Gurira’s last, as EW and others have reported, it looks like her character of Michonne is ready to go out in a blaze of glory.
We’ve got the exclusive first image from season 10, and it shows the warrior mowing down zombies while a fire rages in the background. Obviously it looks super badass, but what is the significance of the image? For that, we went to showrunner Angela Kang for answers.

“One of the things that we have going on this season is, we’re continuing some explorations of natural elements and how they play into our world,” says Kang. “And fire is one of those elements that comes into play in a few key ways that twist the story in a way that will be pretty exciting.

As Kang notes, fire is dangerous enough in our world. But in a landscape with such limited resources, it’s another matter altogether. “Fire is terrifying now,” says Kang. “But we sort of take for granted that we have people that can deal with it. It obviously has very different implications for our people in an apocalyptic world.”

What else can the showrunner — who has already told EW about the themes that will be covered in season 10 as well as a new comic character that will be making his debut — tease about what we see in this photo? “I don’t want to give too much away about this particular story because hopefully there’s some unexpected aspects to it,” says Kang. “But we will definitely see our people trying to contend with things that they can’t handle in the same ways that we do in our world now.”

https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/16/...rira-michonne/
aaronwt likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13984 of 14089 Old 07-16-2019, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
See Michonne in a fiery first image from The Walking Dead season 10

By Dalton Ross
July 16, 2019 at 09:45 AM EDT

;

Jackson Lee Davis/AMC

If season 10 of The Walking Dead is indeed to be Danai Gurira’s last, as EW and others have reported, it looks like her character of Michonne is ready to go out in a blaze of glory.
We’ve got the exclusive first image from season 10, and it shows the warrior mowing down zombies while a fire rages in the background. Obviously it looks super badass, but what is the significance of the image? For that, we went to showrunner Angela Kang for answers.

“One of the things that we have going on this season is, we’re continuing some explorations of natural elements and how they play into our world,” says Kang. “And fire is one of those elements that comes into play in a few key ways that twist the story in a way that will be pretty exciting.

As Kang notes, fire is dangerous enough in our world. But in a landscape with such limited resources, it’s another matter altogether. “Fire is terrifying now,” says Kang. “But we sort of take for granted that we have people that can deal with it. It obviously has very different implications for our people in an apocalyptic world.”

What else can the showrunner — who has already told EW about the themes that will be covered in season 10 as well as a new comic character that will be making his debut — tease about what we see in this photo? “I don’t want to give too much away about this particular story because hopefully there’s some unexpected aspects to it,” says Kang. “But we will definitely see our people trying to contend with things that they can’t handle in the same ways that we do in our world now.”

https://ew.com/comic-con/2019/07/16/...rira-michonne/
Seems like they are trying.

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
post #13985 of 14089 Old 07-19-2019, 06:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked: 4245
Danai Gurira's Walking Dead Exit Confirmed

Danai Gurira, who’s played Michonne since Season 3, confirmed that the upcoming Season 10 will be her last. “I can confirm that this is the last season. I will be leaving,” she told fans at the Comic-Con panel...“I would just like to say that this has been one of the purest joys of my life, to play this role… I am very, very thankful for the experience I’ve had in ways I can’t even express right now.”...

https://tvline.com/2019/07/19/the-wa...n-10-michonne/

Andrew Lincoln’s ‘Walking Dead’ Movies to Be Released Only in Theaters

the first planned movie centered on “The Walking Dead” character Rick Grimes will now run in theaters rather than on AMC...the announcement was made with a brief teaser video played at San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, with the video ending with the words 'Only in Theaters'...the film will be distributed by Universal Pictures...no release date has been set...

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/and...ie-1203273835/

Last edited by TitusTroy; 07-19-2019 at 06:59 PM.
post #13986 of 14089 Old 07-19-2019, 06:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Season 10 trailer...

post #13987 of 14089 Old 07-20-2019, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2971 Post(s)
Liked: 3876
I predicted Danai Gurira's exit within hours of seeing "Black Panther" ..
Josh Z likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #13988 of 14089 Old 07-20-2019, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 810 Post(s)
Liked: 793
"The Walking Dead" on AMC HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I predicted Danai Gurira's exit within hours of seeing "Black Panther" ..

Considering she has written a few plays (one nominated for a Tony) and has other projects they’re lucky she stayed this long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"well you know what doctor I'm going to go home take two aspirins and call you a b****"
post #13989 of 14089 Old 07-20-2019, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomo657 View Post
Considering she has written a few plays and has other projects they’re lucky she stayed this long
she's a talented actress but she's over-estimating her talent...I'm glad she's branching out and trying new roles as 7+ years is a long time to be doing the same show but she wasn't the reason Black Panther was a huge success...she was part of an ensemble cast and honestly her part was very small...I don't see her as a superstar...Lupita Nyong'o and some of the other cast members from Black Panther have more star potential...

as far as the Rick Grimes trilogy now a feature film versus an AMC film, I think it's a mistake...unless they really go all out as far as the budget and make it so that it acts as a separate story separate from the TV show...would have made more sense to cancel the TV show and have the Rick Grimes movie trilogy continue on AMC...that way you still have the show on the air for die-hard fans and it won't feel as though the show will never end
Willie_Tee likes this.
post #13990 of 14089 Old 07-20-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomo657 View Post
Considering she has written a few plays (one nominated for a Tony) and has other projects they’re lucky she stayed this long.
Yep .. I look forward to seeing her in the "Black Panther" sequel ..
WilliamR likes this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #13991 of 14089 Old 07-20-2019, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Yep .. I look forward to seeing her in the "Black Panther" sequel ..
Yeah, she did an outstanding job in Black Panther and even the small parts in the avengers. I was really impressed. She definitely has a future in films.
mgkdragn likes this.

post #13992 of 14089 Old 07-20-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Yeah, she did an outstanding job in Black Panther and even the small parts in the avengers. I was really impressed. She definitely has a future in films.
I hope she has a long and varied Career, no matter what area she devotes her time to .. many Actors, that stand the test of Longevity, are happy with a more Character actor career, as well as other projects that they enjoy ..

Glad she had the opportunity to move on .. I'm a bit convinced that, like the Comic Series, Kirkman may be closer to throwing the towel in on the show and devoting more to the spin-off area ..
WilliamR likes this.

Uncle Willie

post #13993 of 14089 Old 07-23-2019, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post

Danai Gurira, who’s played Michonne since Season 3, confirmed that the upcoming Season 10 will be her last. “I can confirm that this is the last season. I will be leaving,” she told fans at the Comic-Con panel...“I would just like to say that this has been one of the purest joys of my life, to play this role… I am very, very thankful for the experience I’ve had in ways I can’t even express right now.”...

Quote:

the first planned movie centered on “The Walking Dead” character Rick Grimes will now run in theaters rather than on AMC...the announcement was made with a brief teaser video played at San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, with the video ending with the words 'Only in Theaters'...the film will be distributed by Universal Pictures...no release date has been set...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OPkszqijMU
Interesting idea to bring them "only" to theaters. Dare I hope for a high quality 3D conversion?

Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
post #13994 of 14089 Old 07-23-2019, 12:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEmoto View Post
Interesting idea to bring them "only" to theaters. Dare I hope for a high quality 3D conversion?
3D, the technology that just won't die...
mike1812 likes this.
post #13995 of 14089 Old 07-23-2019, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
3D, the technology that just won't die...
I can't get enough of it, LOL.
aaronwt likes this.

post #13996 of 14089 Old 07-30-2019, 03:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Walking Dead Universe: New Series Teaser

post #13997 of 14089 Old 07-31-2019, 09:26 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9318 Post(s)
Liked: 6002
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OPkszqijMU
I hope this means they have bigger budget. I have no desire to go to a theater and see the lower quality special effects you see with the TV shows. They need to increase their quality if they are going to release them in the theater.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #13998 of 14089 Old 07-31-2019, 01:30 PM

‘The Walking Dead’ Is In “Early Stages Of Life,” Per AMC Networks Boss Josh Sapan, But Mixed Q2 Earnings Send Stock Down 5%

The Walking Dead franchise is “in the early stages of life” and “has many opportunities for growth,” AMC Networks CEO Josh Sapan asserted during a conference call with Wall Street analysts Wednesday morning.

The company has made moves to back up Sapan’s assertion, such as revealing this month at Comic-Con the first taste of its feature film extension of the zombie horde, teaming with Universal Pictures. Despite the potential of those new horizons, the company delivered a mixed second-quarter financial report, and investors reacted Wednesday by sending AMC shares down 5% in early trading. They have slipped 8% in 2019 to date and have mostly stayed in a range between $50 and $60 a share over the past three years.

Total revenue came in at $772 million, which was below analysts’ consensus estimate for $783.2 million. Earnings per share hit $2.25 on a diluted basis and $2.60 on an adjusted basis, which was well ahead of estimates for $1.93.

One line on the income statement that proved unsettling was an 11% drop in advertising revenue to $219 million. The company chalked that up to the timing of when original programming aired, as well as lower delivery, partially offset by higher pricing.

Distribution revenue inched up 1% to $385 million, a gain the company credited to increased content licensing revenue.

During the call, Sapan emphasized the importance of owning content, including The Walking Dead, and noted that the Emmy-nominated BBC America series Killing Eve was “commissioned internally.” Pressed for financial details about the Walking Dead film, which is the start of a planned series of films centered on protagonist Rick Grimes, he declined to get specific. With two series on the air and another on the way, the company has long encountered skepticism in media circles and on Wall Street as far as the long-term viability of the franchise and the risks posed by its possible decline.

In the earnings release and throughout the call, AMC Networks emphasized the emergence of the company’s four targeted direct-to-consumer streaming services, Shudder, Acorn TV, UMC and Sundance Now. As Deadline reported on Monday, the four services are expected to reach 2 million subscribers as a portfolio by the end of 2019 and will be profitable as a group by the end of 2020. By 2024, Sapan said, the four should reach 5 million-7 million subscribers and bring in about $500 million in revenue.

“As we continue to remain focused on creating sought-after premium content – which propels our entire enterprise – we believe direct-to-consumer, along with owning more of our intellectual property and expanding our studio, represent significant growth areas for us,” Sapan said in the earnings release.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/the-wal...-5-1202657713/

post #13999 of 14089 Old 08-01-2019, 08:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Walking Dead Universe: New Series Teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP0UD2QKmEM
Dumb question: Is this supposed to capture the interest of teens?
Sonyad likes this.

post #14000 of 14089 Old 08-01-2019, 08:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
‘The Walking Dead’ Is In “Early Stages Of Life,” Per AMC Networks Boss Josh Sapan,...[/url]
I fail to understand how this can be true.
aaronwt and mike1812 like this.

post #14001 of 14089 Old 08-01-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
I thought they left off the word "support" in the title but nope, they are going all in with this franchise.

post #14002 of 14089 Old 08-01-2019, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Dumb question: Is this supposed to capture the interest of teens?
Walking Dead: 90210
post #14003 of 14089 Old 08-01-2019, 01:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1132 Post(s)
Liked: 1352
If AMC had been around 60 years ago we would be looking forward the season 61 of Bonanza.
JoeTiVo, aaronwt, mike1812 and 1 others like this.
post #14004 of 14089 Old 08-01-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
If AMC had been around 60 years ago we would be looking forward the season 61 of Bonanza.
I'd be fine with "Bonanza" still airing new episodes .. of course, there would have been some casting changes over the years ..

Uncle Willie

post #14005 of 14089 Old 08-01-2019, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I hope this means they have bigger budget. I have no desire to go to a theater and see the lower quality special effects you see with the TV shows. They need to increase their quality if they are going to release them in the theater.
Yeah, very true .. I don't know how much of a draw it might have on me, personally .. shelling out for todays ticket prices and a snack makes the wallet take a hit, even with the big blockbuster films .. that combined with the general rudeness of folks these days .. it's a good bet, for me anyway, I'll be viewing the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray when it rolls around ..
aaronwt likes this.

Uncle Willie

post #14006 of 14089 Old 08-01-2019, 07:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Yep. And denial is a river in Egypt.
post #14007 of 14089 Old 08-02-2019, 03:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yeah, very true .. I don't know how much of a draw it might have on me, personally .. shelling out for todays ticket prices and a snack makes the wallet take a hit, even with the big blockbuster films .. that combined with the general rudeness of folks these days .. it's a good bet, for me anyway, I'll be viewing the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray when it rolls around ..
I'll wait for the 1080 BR. I gave up on movie theaters years ago - too many loud people whose phone screens light up during the movie. Not paying for that.

post #14008 of 14089 Old 08-02-2019, 04:40 AM

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 160
I bet the movie will be on TV. They might do a quick run at the Theaters but it will be on TV soon after. With all the WD stuff on TVfor over 9 years I just do not see people flocking to see it and pay to see it.
aaronwt and Tack like this.
post #14009 of 14089 Old 08-22-2019, 10:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

The Walking Dead Season 10 Key Art Revealed

aaronwt and AlexanderDelarg like this.
post #14010 of 14089 Old 08-29-2019, 11:52 AM

Chandler Riggs Is Down to Appear in the Rick Grimes The Walking Dead Films
By Megan Vick, TVGuide.com - Aug. 28, 2019

Is anyone really dead in the world of The Walking Dead? OK, the zombies definitely are, but could there be a way to bring back deceased humans?

Carl (Chandler Riggs) died in the midseason finale of Season 8, when he shot himself after being bitten by a walker. At least, that's what we believe happened. Rick (Andrew Lincoln) walked away from his bitten son and heard the gun shot from off-camera. Rick's story will now continue in three The Walking Dead movies — so, is it possible we'll see Carl return, at least in flashbacks?

"I hope so. That would be amazing," Riggs told TV Guide on the set of his current gig, ABC's A Million Little Things. "It'd be so much fun to get to work with Andy again. That'd be great."

If Scott Gimple (who is writing the first film) and the rest of The Walking Dead creative team are listening, having Carl show up to talk to his father one last time, in any capacity, is a surefire way to hit an emotional note as Rick's story comes to a close.

The first of the Rick Grimes movies arrives in theaters in 2020. In the meantime, Riggs will appear as PJ, the son of Barbara Morgan, in Season 2 of A Million Little Things, which premieres Thursday, Sept. 26 at 9/8c on ABC.

https://www.tvguide.com/news/walking...handler-riggs/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
the walking dead , The Walking Dead Season 3 Limited Edition Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete First Season Blu Ray , The Walking Dead The Complete Second Season , tv shows

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page