'Blue Bloods' on CBS - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 131Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #571 of 936 Old 04-11-2016, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MRM4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Powell, TN
Posts: 2,559
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked: 459
One positive is the new sergeant lady everybody complained about has been MIA this season.
Stereodude likes this.
MRM4 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #572 of 936 Old 04-11-2016, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mikeewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ewing Twp, NJ
Posts: 1,807
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post
One positive is the new sergeant lady everybody complained about has been MIA this season.
You're right! I forgot all about her.
mikeewing is offline  
post #573 of 936 Old 04-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Advanced Member
 
Vidop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing View Post
You're right! I forgot all about her.
I don't miss her at all! Glad to see she is gone. As I stated in an earlier posting, I thought the person they put in that role was entirely miscast. She didn't fit into the show in any way.
Vidop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #574 of 936 Old 04-17-2016, 09:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cc_in_oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Stuck in speed bump city
Posts: 2,495
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 676
So - a serial killer leaves 20 bodies and then commits suicide by cop without touching his last victim? Maybe it's just me but that seems incredibly lame for this show.

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
cc_in_oh is offline  
post #575 of 936 Old 04-17-2016, 11:31 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 11,396
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
So - a serial killer leaves 20 bodies and then commits suicide by cop without touching his last victim? Maybe it's just me but that seems incredibly lame for this show.
Agreed, the whole way it ended so quickly was certainly anticlimactic At least they got Erin out of the field......and it turned back into the Danny show guess they all can't be winners.
jjeff is offline  
post #576 of 936 Old 04-17-2016, 01:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garrett Adams's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Stockton, CA USA
Posts: 3,872
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1139 Post(s)
Liked: 1372
An example of too many Reagans in an episode storyline.
Garrett Adams is offline  
post #577 of 936 Old 04-18-2016, 08:48 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
So - a serial killer leaves 20 bodies and then commits suicide by cop without touching his last victim? Maybe it's just me but that seems incredibly lame for this show.
Agreed! If he truly wanted to get in Danny's head to stay he would have killed Nikki --likely in front of him. But this show wouldn't take such a dark turn.
HairyBee is offline  
post #578 of 936 Old 04-18-2016, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
rdgrimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nuevo Mexico
Posts: 21,841
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3921 Post(s)
Liked: 3193
I for one was rooting for Nikki to be dead in that trunk.
rdgrimes is online now  
post #579 of 936 Old 04-20-2016, 01:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RayGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,229
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2979 Post(s)
Liked: 2746
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
I for one was rooting for Nikki to be dead in that trunk.
Sick ... but funny!
RayGuy is online now  
post #580 of 936 Old 04-21-2016, 01:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
philw1776's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Back in New Hampshire
Posts: 1,591
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes View Post
I for one was rooting for Nikki to be dead in that trunk.
I would have been with you in any previous season but her character has become tolerable and almost likable lately.

Totally unrealistic end to the serial killer. Yah I know they tried setting the denouement up by having Danny out-profile the profiler. I don't expect gritty realism from BB but still...

Despite all, I remain a big fan of the show.
cc_in_oh likes this.
philw1776 is offline  
post #581 of 936 Old 04-21-2016, 02:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cc_in_oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Stuck in speed bump city
Posts: 2,495
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by philw1776 View Post
I would have been with you in any previous season but her character has become tolerable and almost likable lately.

Totally unrealistic end to the serial killer. Yah I know they tried setting the denouement up by having Danny out-profile the profiler. I don't expect gritty realism from BB but still...

Despite all, I remain a big fan of the show.
I agree - Nikki has become a reasonably worthwhile character her own right as well as rounding out Erin's character, and maybe as the "elder statesman" of the next generation of Reagans. The healthy respect for authority she's developing shows she is thinking for herself rather than going with the college flow - even dating a cop which must borderline on social suicide!

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
cc_in_oh is offline  
post #582 of 936 Old 04-21-2016, 06:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
taxman48's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,299
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 433 Post(s)
Liked: 392
They should have gotten a few members of Criminal Minds like "Hotch" to guest star..

taxman48 is offline  
post #583 of 936 Old 04-24-2016, 08:17 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 11,396
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 340
They may get it corrected by next Fridays airing but FYI for you Tivo recorders, if you have your Season Pass(or One Pass) set to record only NEW episodes, currently it's not going to record this Friday's NEW episode. For whatever reason the OAD(original air date) is currently showing 2010 although it does show the NEW icon.
Thanks to Joe in the Tivo Roamio thread for pointing this out
To add it on your Tivo, simply bring up the guide, arrow to this Fridays BB and push the REC button.
jjeff is offline  
post #584 of 936 Old 04-24-2016, 08:49 AM
Senior Member
 
stustan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 175
The last three episodes of Blue Bloods were scheduled to be aired "out of shooting order" but then were rescheduled to be aired in the intended order. I wonder if all the shuffling caused a "typo" of some sort?

Magnepan 1.7's (LR), Magnepan CC5/DWM (Center Channel), Magnepan MC1's (Surrounds), Rythmik F12 (Sub), Emotiva XMC-1 (Processor), Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2 Drives the 1.7's, Emotiva XPA-5 Drives the Center and Surrounds, Oppo BDP-103 (Audio/Video Source), Oppo UDP-203 (Audio/Video Source), Apple TV 4K (Audio/Video Source), Sony PS4 (Audio/Video Source), LG OLED65B6P (Monitor)
stustan is offline  
post #585 of 936 Old 04-25-2016, 04:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Distorted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: San Antonio, Tx Area
Posts: 2,318
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustan View Post
The last three episodes of Blue Bloods were scheduled to be aired "out of shooting order" but then were rescheduled to be aired in the intended order. I wonder if all the shuffling caused a "typo" of some sort?
My Tivo did not record BB this last friday 4/22. Was there one broadcast it missed?

.........

"Without music, life would be a mistake." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Distorted is offline  
post #586 of 936 Old 04-25-2016, 05:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 11,396
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
My Tivo did not record BB this last friday 4/22. Was there one broadcast it missed?
No April 15th "Down The Rabbit Hole" where Nikki was kidnapped was the last new one, looks like this week(April 29th, "The Extra Mile") will also be new but Tivo(Tribune and apparently other guide outlets) are not flagging it as NEW. Actually Tivo is flagging it as NEW but with a OAD(original air date) of 2010 so Tivo's will see than and figure it's a repeat and not record it for people that have their Tivos programmed for NEW episodes only. It's possible it may be corrected before Fridays airing so the warning was more of a FYI and to keep an eye out for it
jjeff is offline  
post #587 of 936 Old 04-25-2016, 05:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cc_in_oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Stuck in speed bump city
Posts: 2,495
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
My Tivo did not record BB this last friday 4/22. Was there one broadcast it missed?
No, for some odd reason after being in sync all season, Hawaii 50 was new but BB was a rerun. This Friday both are new, HI50 S06E22 and BB S06E21...

Edit> Since I recorded it anyway, I looked before deleting - it was the one where there was a terror alert, they ran into the guy babbling in a foreign language and the only word anyone could understand was "bomb". The had to track down some professor to interpret what he was trying to tell them...

I don't know why Tivo is off - as long ago as 17APR when I did my schedule, ZAP2IT was correct on both the rerun and the 29Apr S06E21 flagged NEW...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???

Last edited by cc_in_oh; 04-25-2016 at 05:52 AM.
cc_in_oh is offline  
post #588 of 936 Old 04-25-2016, 07:12 AM
Senior Member
 
stustan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted View Post
My Tivo did not record BB this last friday 4/22. Was there one broadcast it missed?
4/22 was a re-run. 4/29 and 5/6 are the last two episodes (Ep21 & Ep22) of the season. Season seven starts in the fall.

Magnepan 1.7's (LR), Magnepan CC5/DWM (Center Channel), Magnepan MC1's (Surrounds), Rythmik F12 (Sub), Emotiva XMC-1 (Processor), Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2 Drives the 1.7's, Emotiva XPA-5 Drives the Center and Surrounds, Oppo BDP-103 (Audio/Video Source), Oppo UDP-203 (Audio/Video Source), Apple TV 4K (Audio/Video Source), Sony PS4 (Audio/Video Source), LG OLED65B6P (Monitor)
stustan is offline  
post #589 of 936 Old 04-29-2016, 06:13 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 11,396
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 340
One last warning about tonights episode for those of you using Tivo(and whoever else might use the guide Tivo does) if you have your DVR set to record only new episodes, it will not record, even though it's a new episode. You'll have to manually add it, something funky about the guide data and no it was never fixed. I waited until last night to add it on my Tivo, I kept waiting to see if it corrected itself, it didn't!
jjeff is offline  
post #590 of 936 Old 04-29-2016, 06:18 PM
Senior Member
 
stustan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 452
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked: 175
Absolutely correct. Tonights and next weeks episode are new episodes.

Magnepan 1.7's (LR), Magnepan CC5/DWM (Center Channel), Magnepan MC1's (Surrounds), Rythmik F12 (Sub), Emotiva XMC-1 (Processor), Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2 Drives the 1.7's, Emotiva XPA-5 Drives the Center and Surrounds, Oppo BDP-103 (Audio/Video Source), Oppo UDP-203 (Audio/Video Source), Apple TV 4K (Audio/Video Source), Sony PS4 (Audio/Video Source), LG OLED65B6P (Monitor)
stustan is offline  
post #591 of 936 Old 05-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
Vidop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 821
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 340 Post(s)
Liked: 171
It may just be my interpretation, but, this week's show felt like a "filler" episode. There did not seem to be much "meat" in it at all. The main storyline seemed to be Erin's tricking a witness to testify without letting the defendant know how the testimony appeared. Danny's storyline of the person being shot (covering up for his wife) was predictable. At least it was to me. The other storyline of Frank not attending a party seemed pretty flat. And-the dinner table scene seemed to be really short. It sure felt like it was less that two minutes long. It felt like the scene was there only because they had to do a dinner scene. Anyway-the above thoughts are just my opinion. I have watched this series since episode one and I always look forward to watching it. I just felt let-down by this week's episode. Anybody else have thoughts about this?
Vidop is offline  
post #592 of 936 Old 05-01-2016, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cc_in_oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Stuck in speed bump city
Posts: 2,495
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidop View Post
It may just be my interpretation, but, this week's show felt like a "filler" episode. There did not seem to be much "meat" in it at all. The main storyline seemed to be Erin's tricking a witness to testify without letting the defendant know how the testimony appeared. Danny's storyline of the person being shot (covering up for his wife) was predictable. At least it was to me. The other storyline of Frank not attending a party seemed pretty flat. And-the dinner table scene seemed to be really short. It sure felt like it was less that two minutes long. It felt like the scene was there only because they had to do a dinner scene. Anyway-the above thoughts are just my opinion. I have watched this series since episode one and I always look forward to watching it. I just felt let-down by this week's episode. Anybody else have thoughts about this?
I would agree - all three story lines were too contrived - they can do a lot better. It surprises me that Anthony is still getting so much screen time - I guess they need for Erin to have someone to interact with on a regular basis like the other main characters do.

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
cc_in_oh is offline  
post #593 of 936 Old 05-01-2016, 05:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
grittree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 2,739
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 473 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Yes, it wasn't their best written episode.

But the "5 steps ahead" by both Erin and Frank were interesting. I agree the "Danny/liquor store" thing was too obvious.
grittree is offline  
post #594 of 936 Old 05-02-2016, 05:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mikeewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Ewing Twp, NJ
Posts: 1,807
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 337 Post(s)
Liked: 320
There have been other eps this season that also felt stale. I think the writers have been in a bit of a rut this year. Something needs to shake up the show.

On the other hand, I believe this week's show is the season finale. That's not good either.
mikeewing is offline  
post #595 of 936 Old 05-02-2016, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Gary McCoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: San Jose, California, USA
Posts: 6,225
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing View Post
There have been other eps this season that also felt stale. I think the writers have been in a bit of a rut this year. Something needs to shake up the show.

On the other hand, I believe this week's show is the season finale. That's not good either.
Sure it is, the Summer months are when Tom Selleck films his "Jesse Stone" movies in the cities of Lunenburg and Halifax, Nova Scotia. (Most of the street scenes are in Halifax, the picturesque harbor and his island "residence" are in Lunenburg.) The present shooting schedule for Jesse Stone 10 is a little uncertain because the present Liberal government in Canada has ended the former tax credit deal which would refund up to $24M per movie and effectively cut labor costs by 50%. There is talk about filming elsewhere but he is halfway through the 2-movie deal with Hallmark, my guess is that they will make one last film at the present locations. But I also think that 10 movies is a long run and the series is about over.

Gary McCoy
The United States Constitution ©1791. All Rights Reserved.

Gary McCoy is offline  
post #596 of 936 Old 05-02-2016, 07:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cc_in_oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Stuck in speed bump city
Posts: 2,495
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary McCoy View Post
Sure it is, the Summer months are when Tom Selleck films his "Jesse Stone" movies in the cities of Lunenburg and Halifax, Nova Scotia. (Most of the street scenes are in Halifax, the picturesque harbor and his island "residence" are in Lunenburg.) The present shooting schedule for Jesse Stone 10 is a little uncertain because the present Liberal government in Canada has ended the former tax credit deal which would refund up to $24M per movie and effectively cut labor costs by 50%. There is talk about filming elsewhere but he is halfway through the 2-movie deal with Hallmark, my guess is that they will make one last film at the present locations. But I also think that 10 movies is a long run and the series is about over.
Ending the tax credit sounds like a dumb move - I'm under the impression that there's a thriving TV industry in Vancouver? Maybe they figure the weak Loonie is incentive enough to keep it going?

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
cc_in_oh is offline  
post #597 of 936 Old 05-02-2016, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jjeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 11,396
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 888 Post(s)
Liked: 340
I'm no insider but from everything I've read quite a few shows are shot in Canada, not only Vancouver but also Toronto....my guess is pull out the incentives and the production companies may follow
jjeff is offline  
post #598 of 936 Old 05-02-2016, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Stereodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Detroit Metro Area
Posts: 15,357
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4344 Post(s)
Liked: 3085
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Ending the tax credit sounds like a dumb move - I'm under the impression that there's a thriving TV industry in Vancouver? Maybe they figure the weak Loonie is incentive enough to keep it going?
Most places that have tax credit for movies and TV shows eventually end them because they don't work. The premise behind the tax credits is that the tax credit brings the industry to your area, you get them intrenched by getting the industry set up in the area, then gradually phase out the tax credit, and the established industry continues. That doesn't work. The reality is that there's always some other area that's willing to subsidize the movies and TV shows, so as soon as the tax credits start to dry up, they leave for the next place willing to give them tax credits. So, basically a state or area has to decide if it's worth effectively paying indefinitely to have movie & TV stars and the industry that surrounds them because they want them in their state and like the image it projects. The idea that you can incentivize them with short term incentives that phase out and keep them there after they've phased out is silliness.
jjeff likes this.
Stereodude is offline  
post #599 of 936 Old 05-09-2016, 01:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
MRM4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Powell, TN
Posts: 2,559
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 503 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Good season ending. One of the better episodes of the season. Good debate on a current events topic.
John dhein likes this.
MRM4 is offline  
post #600 of 936 Old 05-09-2016, 02:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cc_in_oh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Stuck in speed bump city
Posts: 2,495
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked: 676
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRM4 View Post
Good season ending. One of the better episodes of the season. Good debate on a current events topic.
Good argument for body cams, that's for sure...

CC

Who knew "flammable" and "inflammable" mean the same thing???
cc_in_oh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Programming

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off