'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 425 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7102Likes

post #12721 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 03:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
So is Rhaegal dead for sure? I was thinking, the shots looked disgustingly bad, pierced through the body and right through the neck but was just wondering because Cersei asks him if he is sure about the dragon being dead and he said he saw it go into the water. Seemed odd they brought it up like that asking if he was sure. And then in the preview you hear a dragon and he looks to the sky, with a shocked expression like maybe he is shocked it came back.

I know, just my wishing since I love the dragons in this show but I'm not giving up hope.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAger View Post
That did seem much too violent for it not to be a death, but it could very well be a misdirect.

A dragon death on this show is much harder to accept than a human death. I'm not quite sure what that says about me and others who feel that way.

I'll have to watch again but it looked as if it was definitely a fatal blow. Severing the trachea and also an artery henceforth the sudden dropping from the sky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12722 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 1247 Post(s)
Liked: 4744
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
Internet sleuths think they’ve found the culprit behind the coffee cup that found its way into Sunday’s “Game of Thrones”— the actress who plays Sansa Stark...fans on Reddit noted Monday that fellow actress Bella Ramsey posted a photo of Sophie Turner gripping a similar to-go cup of Starbucks coffee to her Instagram account late last month...

https://nypost.com/2019/05/06/game-o...ffee-cup-goof/
Hopefully, they'll fix it with CGI for the Blu-ray release, which isn't that difficult to do.

For anyone interested, the scene is around the 00:16:31 mark in Season 8, Episode 4.
oneeyeblind likes this.

Subwoofers: PSA S3000i x 2 | L+R Front: Onkyo SKF-200F | Center: Onkyo SKC-200C | L+R Surround: Onkyo SKM-200S | Atmos: Pioneer SP-T22A-LR | AVR: Yamaha RX-A660BL | HTPC: Lenovo Q190

Last edited by SuperFist; 05-06-2019 at 04:05 PM.
post #12723 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4117 Post(s)
Liked: 3671
I'm just as hyped for Cleganebowl as anything else...8 seasons of buildup and we finally get to see it...hopefully it doesn't disappoint...maybe both Hound and Arya double team Mountain...or Ser Gregor kills the Hound and Arya avenges him by killing Mountain...although with Mountain being 6'9" tall and Arya being 5'1" I don't see how they can make that work from a style point...although Star Wars did a nice job with Yoda's light saber fighting skills when people had concerns about how that would work...

oneeyeblind and cardoski like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12724 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 03:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1543 Post(s)
Liked: 1424
Quote:
Game of Thrones art director says coffee cup gaffe is being “blown out of proportion”

For the second week in a row, Game of Throne’s creative staff have come under fire...whereas last week’s battle royale was so dark it could barely be seen, last night’s episode included an unexpected cameo from a rogue coffee cup...in a statement to Variety, GOT art director Hauke Richter said the gaffe is being “blown out of proportion [because] it has not happened with Thrones so far”...Richter also spoke to TMZ and reiterated that it was an innocent mistake...“We are usually so diligent that this does not happen,” Richter explained. “The shoot was very hard and demanding and it is likely that after a very tiring episode three shoot, this was simply overlooked by an exhausted crew.”

Richter also clarified that the cup was not from Starbucks, but rather from a local coffee shop in Banbridge, Northern Ireland, where the episode films...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...181629872.html
It's definitely not the first time. Check out Jamie's hand (far left):

post #12725 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
It's definitely not the first time. Check out Jamie's hand (far left)
to be fair that shot of Jamie was from a behind the scenes clip and never aired on the show itself...
post #12726 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 04:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1543 Post(s)
Liked: 1424
Quote:
to be fair that shot of Jamie was from a behind the scenes clip and never aired on the show itself...
Yep. I just read that after I posted. Can't believe every Twitter meme, I guess.
post #12727 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 04:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1443 Post(s)
Liked: 1621
I would have never known about the coffee cup had it not been analyzed in detail. So I don't care. There are almost always little errors that can't be corrected because there isn't other footage to use or they don't erase it out digitally.
oneeyeblind and cardoski like this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #12728 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer99 View Post
Did anyone else notice that there was some audio distortion a few times throughout the episode, especially during the knighting sequence?
There were some audio clicks and when certain characters spoke, their voices "crackled" a little. I DVR'd the repeat showing at midnight and the distortions are still there.
I'm getting it thru Comcast with their DVR box.
I have Xfinity also and I noticed it especially when Tyrion speaks during the knighting sequence and it happened again in last nights episode with some of Tyrions dialogue. It is subtle but I am super sensitive to it now because I thought it was my system. I have troubleshooted my system for several hours and cannot find an issue so it must be the Xfinity source.
oneeyeblind likes this.

LG-OLED 65C8PUA
Marantz-SR5012
Sony-UBP X-800, Roku Ultra 4K
L-C-R = Def Tech Mythos 9's + Surrounds = Mythos Gem XL"s
Subwoofer = HSU ULS-15 MK2
post #12729 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG55 View Post
I have Xfinity also and I noticed it especially when Tyrion speaks during the knighting sequence and it happened again in last nights episode with some of Tyrions dialogue. It is subtle but I am super sensitive to it now because I thought it was my system. I have troubleshooted my system for several hours and cannot find an issue so it must be the Xfinity source.
I also noticed the clipping on a few places in Episode 4 (Tyrion). Episode 3 didn't have the problem, though I thought the audio level was lower than usual.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #12730 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 05:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 952 Post(s)
Liked: 698
I picked up a mistake (I think). Cersei tells Euron she with his child which was confirmed with
A nod of the head from the Maester(sp). We the viewers know the that Cersei told Tyrion
She was pregnant last season when they brought the zombie down from North of the wall.
(Presumably Jaime's kid)

Last night Tyrion pleaded with Cersei to surrender 'for the sake of her child'.
Tyrion has been in the North, I'm surprised (somewhat) that Euron didn't pick
Up on this...'how does the imp know she's pregnant, he's been gone and not in
Contact with Cersei'.
oneeyeblind and Therberg like this.

(Main)-Marantz 6012*Outlaw Audio M2200*Rythmik F12 subs*Paradigm Signature S6,C1,S1
******Harman Kardon DMC1000 (music)-Assassin HTPC (movies).
(Bedroom)-Marantz SR5003*Paradigm Studio 40,SE Center,SE One*SVS SB-2000 subs*Sony S6200
(Music room)-Outlaw Audio RR2150*Sierra Two ribbon speakers*Rythmik L12 sub*Yamaha CDR-HD1500
post #12731 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 05:29 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3155 Post(s)
Liked: 2196
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG55 View Post
Audio for us was dead-on-balls. We have Comcrap for internet service but stream everything thru an ATV4k.
oneeyeblind likes this.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #12732 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxman48 View Post
I enjoyed the episode but did not catch the Starbucks gaffe..Was that a latte?
Hopefully it was a latte and not overpriced, weak coffee.
Sharp1080 and oneeyeblind like this.
post #12733 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 1012
Quote:
So is Rhaegal dead for sure? I was thinking, the shots looked disgustingly bad, pierced through the body and right through the neck but was just wondering because Cersei asks him if he is sure about the dragon being dead and he said he saw it go into the water. Seemed odd they brought it up like that asking if he was sure. And then in the preview you hear a dragon and he looks to the sky, with a shocked expression like maybe he is shocked it came back.

I know, just my wishing since I love the dragons in this show but I'm not giving up hope.
The Game Revealed video embedded in a post a bit earlier showed that the "warheads" of the Scorpion arrows, when they penetrated their target started to spin and had blades that sprung out. They, like modern military rounds, were designed to do major traumatic damage to internal structures. The effect, when they hit Rhaegal, was brutal, especially the one that hit on the neck. Dany was able to steer Drogon away from arrows but poor Rhaegal didn't have that advantage. You have to wonder about what Drogon is experiencing. He did help knock down one sibling in the battle and now has lost his other sibling.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #12734 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 952 Post(s)
Liked: 698
My quick thoughts on the upcoming two episodes... with so many of the main cast surviving the battle
In the North, there is literally hundreds of different outcomes for the end game.
For my simple brain, it's almost mind boggling.. Prior to episode 3 I really
Enjoyed reading on the internet who everyone thought was going to live or die
In the big battle. What's about to transpire now can just catch me by surprise. LOL
oneeyeblind likes this.

(Main)-Marantz 6012*Outlaw Audio M2200*Rythmik F12 subs*Paradigm Signature S6,C1,S1
******Harman Kardon DMC1000 (music)-Assassin HTPC (movies).
(Bedroom)-Marantz SR5003*Paradigm Studio 40,SE Center,SE One*SVS SB-2000 subs*Sony S6200
(Music room)-Outlaw Audio RR2150*Sierra Two ribbon speakers*Rythmik L12 sub*Yamaha CDR-HD1500
post #12735 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 4482 Post(s)
Liked: 5878
Whatever happens, I don't think there's anyone on the planet that can give a better insolent, smug, nasty smirk than Lena Headey. Truly, a master of smirk.
post #12736 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 07:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I know he's pretty much a one-note villain but I really like the way Euron is portrayed on the show...after passing the books the dialogue has gotten much worse overall and a lot of the best characters have been weakened considerably...but 2 characters have stayed true to the books and are still just as good- The Hound and Cersei...every one of their scenes is still excellent and has that S4 GoT vibe...
Tack likes this.
post #12737 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 6255 Post(s)
Liked: 5883
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
I picked up a mistake (I think). Cersei tells Euron she with his child which was confirmed with

A nod of the head from the Maester(sp). We the viewers know the that Cersei told Tyrion

She was pregnant last season when they brought the zombie down from North of the wall.

(Presumably Jaime's kid)

Contact with Cersei'.

‘Twas no “mistake” it was mentioned it earlier (this thread moves fast). Only time will tell of Euron picks up on it. In the end he may not care since what Cersi says is more important than what is (see Cersi and Jamie kids).
kilroyc likes this.
post #12738 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 07:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 3182 Post(s)
Liked: 1791
this season needs to end with a cliffhanger....with a pay per view last episode for the true fans to pay for to see the ending/wrap up/explanations...I know, Im a genius.
JudgeSmails and Sweet Jimmy like this.

Power: Marantz sr7008, NAD C 275Bee x 2, Video: Oppo 103, Samsung 75un6300
Speakers: Focal aria 948, Focal cc900, Klipsch synergy KSF 10.5 Subs: Rythmik FV25HP, Rythmik FV15HP
post #12739 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1038 Post(s)
Liked: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by torii View Post
this season needs to end with a cliffhanger....with a pay per view last episode for the true fans to pay for to see the ending/wrap up/explanations...I know, Im a genius.
That won't work at all.
post #12740 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Wouldn't surprise me if HBO did just that. This season seems to be rushed to meet the series deadline.
Dave Vaughn likes this.

post #12741 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 07:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMastr View Post
A few things to consider:

Some people in that world are able to see the future, or a possible future (look into the fire and whatnot), but the power of the three eyed raven is about peering into the past and warging the present. Bran even mentions that he lives in the past now (which I believe the three eyed raven warned him about). However, if we're to examine Bran's vision, we could conclude it wasn't really a vision--it' was a message that was sent to him.

Also, I think King's Landing was built by the Targaryans, back when they still had dragons. So that, shadow of the dragon part, could still be a glimpse of the past. Or it could be that the three eyed raven is able to customize the imagery of his message to Bran, to show "what's coming" in the sense that he knows the Dragon Queen is planning on coming to Westeros.

I'm not seeing that message as conclusive proof that Bran's power includes the ability to peer into the future as he does the past. Plus I think the character said something to the effect that his power includes the past and present, but he didn't mention the future.

Edit:

Season 7 last episode:

Bran: "I can see things that happened in the past. I can see things happening now...all around the world."

It was the conversation with Samwell where they figure out Jon's true history.
I still think that the images Bran saw was a vision of the future...an image of a shadow of a single dragon’s over King Landing!...there's nothing else it could be at this point...both of her other dragons are now gone so the single dragon shadow shows that it was a future vision...plus in that same vision Bran sees what looks like a destroyed Throne Room in King's Landing with ash falling...ash is caused by something/someone burning (Danerys had that same vision when she visited the House of the Undying back in S2)...Drogon could be burning the city...could it be an image from the past?...yes but the Targaryens also had multiple dragons and I think the show was foreshadowing the ending years ago
SuperFist likes this.
post #12742 of 13721 Old 05-06-2019, 08:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 524 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
The fans would burn down the HBO HQ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
Wouldn't surprise me if HBO did just that. This season seems to be rushed to meet the series deadline.
Beyond rushed...and that's after 2 YEARS

Josh
post #12743 of 13721 Old 05-07-2019, 04:12 AM

Quoted: 1845 Post(s)
Liked: 2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp1080 View Post
I'll have to watch again but it looked as if it was definitely a fatal blow. Severing the trachea and also an artery henceforth the sudden dropping from the sky.

Plus when talking about her dragon Danny said did you not see my child fall from the sky (or something similar). She never said they killed my child, did you see how they killed my child, etc. When the Night King shot down the other one she was very grief stricken for a while, she talked about how they killed her child, etc. This time she is not mourning and simply says it fell out of the sky.

Plus what is Euron shocked at seeing? He has seen dragons before, etc.

Hmmmmm.

post #12744 of 13721 Old 05-07-2019, 04:26 AM

Quoted: 1845 Post(s)
Liked: 2154
Ser Jorah actor Iain Glen on what Daenerys whispered to him on Game of Thrones

Daenerys Targaryen walked up to the body of her oldest living friend, advisor, and confidant, Ser Jorah Mormont.

She leaned down to his ear … and whispered.

EW was on the set of Game of Thrones when the season 8, episode 4 funeral scene was shot outside the Winterfell gates. Ser Jorah actor Iain Glen laid on the pyre, motionless, a slab of thick glass covertly placed under him so that flames could turn on below him without harming the actor. Clarke walked up and tearfully whispered in his ear. Neither actor wore microphones and the rest of the cast and crew were out of earshot.

Afterward, I spoke to the Ser Jorah actor about the moment. Whatever was said by Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) was not in the script. In the stage directions, there’s a line that goes something like this: “Daenerys whispers something to him that he’ll never hear and we’ll never know…” So it was left up to Clarke to write her own lines for this very special and intimate moment.

Given that the entire point of the scene is that the audience is not supposed to know, Glen wasn’t about to blurt out to EW whatever Daenerys said. So we tried to simply get a sense of what kind of statement she made: Did Clarke say something sincere? Was it in character? Was it funny?

“It’s something entirely sincere and true to the moment and something that I’ll never forget,” Glen says.

We then pointed out that fans are likely going to ask Glen what Daenerys whispered to him for years, and that this is merely the first time he’s getting that question. Is the actor prepared for that?
“Yeah, but you know what?” Glen says. “I’ll always cherish it because it’s something no one will ever know but the two of us. And that’s a memory to hold onto.”

Glen’s character was introduced in the Game of Thrones pilot and survived nearly the entire series. Ser Jorah was killed protecting Daenerys in the previous episode, “The Long Night.” For more, read our postmortem interview with Glen from last week where he talks about the battle, his final moments, leaving the show, and his all-time favorite Ser Jorah scenes.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/05/06/ser-jor...-game-thrones/

post #12745 of 13721 Old 05-07-2019, 07:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post
Emilia Clarke said on Jimmy Kimmel last week that episode 5 is going to be bigger and more epic than episode 3 and that you should find the biggest TV that you can to watch it. I knew that a 65" set was gonna be too small at some point.
Good thing I have a 10 foot screen then.
allargon and NickTheGreat like this.
post #12746 of 13721 Old 05-07-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:

Hmmmmm.
Possibly the "fourth" dragon that Ser Jorah saw before he was attacked by the Stone Men?
Mike_WI likes this.

post #12747 of 13721 Old 05-07-2019, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 246
Quote:
Maybe Bran actually got off his ass (figuratively), warged into a flock of eagles or raptors or something, and is bringing those into the battle?

Or maybe the North got the elephants that Cersei didn't get, loaded them into their trebuchets, and flung them over the walls of Kings Landing?

Or maybe he's seeing Arya as she leaps through the air to backstab Cersei or the Mountain?
JudgeSmails and adpayne like this.

Last edited by Flambe; 05-07-2019 at 09:07 AM.
post #12748 of 13721 Old 05-07-2019, 08:58 AM

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 3793 Post(s)
Liked: 2824
Quote:
Originally Posted by grasshoppers View Post
(Presumably Jaime's kid)

Contact with Cersei'.
Tyrion chose his words carefully to announce to everyone that Cersei is pregnant, including to Euron, who's standing right beside her. Euron's not an idiot. He can do the math and figure out that it's not his child. This is a very clever move by Tyrion to sow discord between them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
‘Twas no “mistake” it was mentioned it earlier (this thread moves fast). Only time will tell of Euron picks up on it. In the end he may not care since what Cersi says is more important than what is (see Cersi and Jamie kids).
Euron will certainly care. If Cersei tries to pass off the child as being his (which she'll have to, because the alternative would be admitting to the public that she slept with her brother), it will rankle Euron to know that the next heir to the throne isn't his blood.
Mike_WI likes this.

Josh Z
Home Theater Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.
post #12749 of 13721 Old 05-07-2019, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Tyrion chose his words carefully to announce to everyone that Cersei is pregnant, including to Euron, who's standing right beside her. Euron's not an idiot. He can do the math and figure out that it's not his child. This is a very clever move by Tyrion to sow discord between them.

Euron will certainly care. If Cersei tries to pass off the child as being his (which she'll have to, because the alternative would be admitting to the public that she slept with her brother), it will rankle Euron to know that the next heir to the throne isn't his blood.
And let's not forget that Euron knows only too well of Cersei and Jamie's relationship. Has to be one of the best scenes of the series.

Tack likes this.
post #12750 of 13721 Old 05-07-2019, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post

I noticed all of this as well but really don't know if they can address it. I would agree that Euron would not be pleased being hoodwinked by Cersei about the baby. The question is if there is enough time left to flesh this out and what would Euron do with this info? 2 episodes left and a lot needs to happen. I have no doubt a showdown between Euron and Yara is coming. The preview hints at Euron looking up at a Dragon (shriek heard in background) but that could be typical preview misdirection. I could just as easily see him looking up at either a massive ship steered by Yara or something flying towards him etc etc. After all the surprise attacks he's enjoyed i firmly believe he's about to receive one of his own. If we were to suppose this issue does come to light, how does Euron react? Would he be stupid or bold enough to try and kill Cersei and claim the crown? I think that is a reach. Does he try to sabotage the pregnancy? Does he simply lose it and try to kill Jaimie? He has no real play. He can't switch sides-nobody trusts him. I can only imagine anything he does to be maniacal and self serving.
Tack likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition , Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page