'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 438 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7099Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #13111 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 07:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RolandOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,161
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 285 Post(s)
Liked: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
No way those they burned where all the undead. There were tens of thousands if not more that all just collapsed when the night king died. The funeral piles were not large enough or numerous enough to house that many bodies. Those they burned were the humans that died in battle that they wanted to remember, etc. (recall the speech about they will not be forgotten, we owe them, etc.) he was talking about the humans that died, no undead were in those piles.

I guess I assumed that those were just the first and that off-screen they kept doing that. Not an important point, though. We can go back to trashing The Last Jedi.

Sony A1E OLED | Yamaha RX-A1060 | Sony UBP-X800 | PS4 | ATV4
B&W 684 S2 | HTM61 S2 | SVS SB12-NSD
RolandOG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13112 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 07:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
JCJetta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 551
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Daeny begged Jon to not tell his sisters but he never promised to do that although Daeny as queen I guess can claim anything is betrayal. In actuality, Bran was the one who told his sisters not Jon and Bran could have done that any time (even though Jon gave him the green light).
The shot cut away from that actual dialogue, leaving you to wonder what exactly was said. I think that was by design. I also think Bran and his warging abilities must have some appearance in the final episode. He has to; he's essentially the most powerful character on the show.

With Varys - what ever became of the sorcerer he captured and kept in a box several seasons ago? Did I miss the payoff for that?
JCJetta is offline  
post #13113 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hooked01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,522
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
No way those they burned where all the undead. There were tens of thousands if not more that all just collapsed when the night king died. The funeral piles were not large enough or numerous enough to house that many bodies. Those they burned were the humans that died in battle that they wanted to remember, etc. (recall the speech about they will not be forgotten, we owe them, etc.) he was talking about the humans that died, no undead were in those piles.
Well...technically, the Night King raised the Northerners that were killed in battle when Jon Snow was foolishly charging at him, so they could be considered undead. And the undead army was made up of Free Folk, Nightswatch and Northerners (all former humans).
hooked01 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13114 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
mgkdragn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Illinois, East of St Louis
Posts: 15,170
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2849 Post(s)
Liked: 3645
I had to chuckle over a tidbit news blurb this AM about "Name Remorse" from those that had named a child Daenerys or Khaleesi .. as well as a Tweet regarding the timing of Episode 5 ::

"Shout out to all those parents who named their kids Daenerys and Khaleesi. Happy Mother’s Day!"

“Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regent of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains, Mother of Dragons and Burner of Civilians .."

There are, of course, a good number who defend their infant Name Selection ..

Uncle Willie


Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
mgkdragn is offline  
post #13115 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 08:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Sharp1080's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,441
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1037 Post(s)
Liked: 740
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I had to chuckle over a tidbit news blurb this AM about "Name Remorse" from those that had named a child Daenerys or Khaleesi .. as well as a Tweet regarding the timing of Episode 5 ::

"Shout out to all those parents who named their kids Daenerys and Khaleesi. Happy Mother’s Day!"

“Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regent of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains, Mother of Dragons and Burner of Civilians .."

There are, of course, a good number who defend their infant Name Selection ..

The same ones with children in therapy for a wacky ass decision trying to be different!
mgkdragn likes this.
Sharp1080 is offline  
post #13116 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 01:46 PM
Member
 
magichobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Texas, USA
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJetta View Post
With Varys - what ever became of the sorcerer he captured and kept in a box several seasons ago? Did I miss the payoff for that?
I think showing he kept the sorcerer in the box was the payoff. Whatever happened to him after that, it's clear Varys was able to get his revenge. Keeping it vague like that feels more sinister
Ph8te likes this.
magichobo is offline  
post #13117 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 02:20 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 18,104
Mentioned: 208 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8452 Post(s)
Liked: 5636
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
I had to chuckle over a tidbit news blurb this AM about "Name Remorse" from those that had named a child Daenerys or Khaleesi .. as well as a Tweet regarding the timing of Episode 5 ::

"Shout out to all those parents who named their kids Daenerys and Khaleesi. Happy Mother’s Day!"

“Daenerys of the House Targaryen, the First of Her Name, The Unburnt, Queen of the Andals, the Rhoynar and the First Men, Queen of Meereen, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Protector of the Realm, Lady Regent of the Seven Kingdoms, Breaker of Chains, Mother of Dragons and Burner of Civilians .."

There are, of course, a good number who defend their infant Name Selection ..
Dear lord, and I thought naming our then Kitten "Khaleesi" back in 2011 was a bit on the silly side.

But she likes the name and since day 1, despite being a runt, full grown 7 pounds, terrorizes the three other larger cats, two of them males!
Sharp1080, joblo, Zookster and 1 others like this.

Geoff A. J., California
gajCA is offline  
post #13118 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 02:29 PM
Member
 
Engineer99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Western Mass
Posts: 102
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 22
How much fuel does a dragon carry to be able to set the city afire? Does he need to recharge?
How does Daenerys hold onto those spikes on the back of the dragon without getting impaled? After all, they went through some wild acrobatics.
I asked myself those questions watching it a second time. I did enjoy the episode but I see the point of the dissenters who think this season is not up to par with the previous ones. Hey, it has some good moments and hopefully the finale won't have any major disappointments.
Engineer99 is offline  
post #13119 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,871
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6253 Post(s)
Liked: 5880
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer99 View Post
How much fuel does a dragon carry to be able to set the city afire? Does he need to recharge?
How does Daenerys hold onto those spikes on the back of the dragon without getting impaled? After all, they went through some wild acrobatics.
I asked myself those questions watching it a second time. I did enjoy the episode but I see the point of the dissenters who think this season is not up to par with the previous ones. Hey, it has some good moments and hopefully the finale won't have any major disappointments.


Questions even GRRM hasn’t answered. There is as much or little fire as needed to serve whatever they need it to do or not do.

She holds on the spikes tightly and there are no spikes in the middle. In history/lore there were saddles, but those haven’t been around for more than 100 years.
Ph8te is offline  
post #13120 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 03:09 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 16,490
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked: 15379
Lol. Just shaking my head.🤦

Quote:
Game of Thrones fans petition for HBO to remake season 8

Now the inevitable has happened – a Change.org petition has called on HBO to re-do
the entire season, and has nearly reached its target of 15,000 signatures.

"David Benioff and DB Weiss have proven themselves to be woefully incompetent
writers when they have no source material (ie the books) to fall back on," it says.

"This series deserves a final season that makes sense. Subvert my expectations and
make it happen, HBO!"
https://www.yahoo.com/news/game-thro...095100143.html

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
post #13121 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 03:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
hooked01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,522
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer99 View Post
How much fuel does a dragon carry to be able to set the city afire? Does he need to recharge?
How does Daenerys hold onto those spikes on the back of the dragon without getting impaled? After all, they went through some wild acrobatics.
I asked myself those questions watching it a second time. I did enjoy the episode but I see the point of the dissenters who think this season is not up to par with the previous ones. Hey, it has some good moments and hopefully the finale won't have any major disappointments.
Daenerys must have fed Drogon 200 pounds of beans and hot sauce the night before.
hooked01 is offline  
post #13122 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zookster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,200
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1542 Post(s)
Liked: 1420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I just saw that myself. While I'm not a fan of the rushed nature of this season's turn of events, I'm especially sad to see the levels of entitlement some people feel when it comes to not being disappointed by a form of popular entertainment. Vent on Reddit, Twitter, or AVS Forum and get over it already.
LL3HD, shivaji, Tack and 5 others like this.
Zookster is online now  
post #13123 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cardoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Beyond The Wall.
Posts: 4,759
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2524 Post(s)
Liked: 2803
The arrogance to think one's own opinion is somehow fact really is staggering, fandoms can sometimes be far too toxic.

Listening with Focal Elex headphones, Topping DSD Dac, SENCUN-audio tube preamp with tone control and Little Dot hybrid tube amp with GE tubes.

Watching in a room ensconced in velvet.
cardoski is online now  
post #13124 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 05:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 8,797
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4105 Post(s)
Liked: 3662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
I just saw that myself. While I'm not a fan of the rushed nature of this season's turn of events, I'm especially sad to see the levels of entitlement some people feel when it comes to not being disappointed by a form of popular entertainment. Vent on Reddit, Twitter, or AVS Forum and get over it already.
so people who only post positive comments about every scene and every episode are the only valid opinions?...you have to love everything about a show and anyone who criticizes or points out flaws should be discounted?...you have to remember that a lot of people criticizing plot points etc (for any show) are usually fans of that particular show and their disappointment comes from seeing that show go down in quality...it's OK for a show (especially in its final season) to disappoint people...it's hard to stick the landing...people expect more from a highly popular show and there are fans that have invested 22+ years in Song of Ice and Fire...the longer a show goes on for the higher people's expectations are

there is no rule that everyone has to love every episode and every season of every show they watch...the people that get annoyed by people criticizing aspects of it are more annoying then people who actually point out valid criticisms...I find it hard to believe that someone can love every scene, every episode and every movie they ever watch...yet there are a few people on these forums who literally like every single thing they watch...every flaw is immediately countered with some defense like it's their job to defend everything...don't take it so personally if someone has a different opinion...it seems the majority of people are not happy with how GoT is ending and it's mainly because the show was so good for so long that it's disappointing to see the show end like this...is it still a very good show?...yes of course but I don't think any rational person can deny the drop in quality after the show passed the books

like I've said multiple times, everything is not a 5 star masterpiece or zero star dud...there are degrees in between...too many people only see things in black and white...
TitusTroy is online now  
post #13125 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Zookster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 4,200
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1542 Post(s)
Liked: 1420
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
so people who only post positive comments about every scene and every episode are the only valid opinions?...you have to love everything about a show and anyone who criticizes or points out flaws should be discounted?...you have to remember that a lot of people criticizing plot points etc (for any show) are usually fans of that particular show and their disappointment comes from seeing that show go down in quality...it's OK for a show (especially in its final season) to disappoint people...it's hard to stick the landing...people expect more from a highly popular show and there are fans that have invested 22+ years in Song of Ice and Fire...the longer a show goes on for the higher people's expectations are

there is no rule that everyone has to love every episode and every season of every show they watch...the people that get annoyed by people criticizing aspects of it are more annoying then people who actually point out valid criticisms...I find it hard to believe that someone can love every scene, every episode and every movie they ever watch...yet there are a few people on these forums who literally like every single thing they watch...every flaw is immediately countered with some defense like it's their job to defend everything...don't take it so personally if someone has a different opinion...it seems the majority of people are not happy with how GoT is ending and it's mainly because the show was so good for so long that it's disappointing to see the show end like this...is it still a very good show?...yes of course but I don't think any rational person can deny the drop in quality after the show passed the books

like I've said multiple times, everything is not a 5 star masterpiece or zero star dud...there are degrees in between...too many people only see things in black and white...
We are totally on the same page with this. I've had a number of complaints about this season (and any number of other shows in this forum).

My comment regarding entitlement was specifically referring to people who are signing petitions in the extremely unrealistic hopes that HBO would do the season over just because they were so disappointed in how it's turning out.
joblo, LL3HD, Ph8te and 3 others like this.
Zookster is online now  
post #13126 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 06:22 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 10,577
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4469 Post(s)
Liked: 5863
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
so people who only post positive comments about every scene and every episode are the only valid opinions?...you have to love everything about a show and anyone who criticizes or points out flaws should be discounted?...you have to remember that a lot of people criticizing plot points etc (for any show) are usually fans of that particular show and their disappointment comes from seeing that show go down in quality...it's OK for a show (especially in its final season) to disappoint people...it's hard to stick the landing...people expect more from a highly popular show and there are fans that have invested 22+ years in Song of Ice and Fire...the longer a show goes on for the higher people's expectations are

there is no rule that everyone has to love every episode and every season of every show they watch...the people that get annoyed by people criticizing aspects of it are more annoying then people who actually point out valid criticisms...I find it hard to believe that someone can love every scene, every episode and every movie they ever watch...yet there are a few people on these forums who literally like every single thing they watch...every flaw is immediately countered with some defense like it's their job to defend everything...don't take it so personally if someone has a different opinion...it seems the majority of people are not happy with how GoT is ending and it's mainly because the show was so good for so long that it's disappointing to see the show end like this...is it still a very good show?...yes of course but I don't think any rational person can deny the drop in quality after the show passed the books

like I've said multiple times, everything is not a 5 star masterpiece or zero star dud...there are degrees in between...too many people only see things in black and white...


I'm pretty sure the Zook was just eyerolling about people who would start a petition to re shoot the season. The rest of your post I agree with. A few years ago I called it SDF, or Show Defense Force. Only thing I can come up with is that some may have loved ones in the industry.

Whatever, I just call it like I see it. Westworld is the best example. Some episodes are great and some are just really bad. But it's fine. No actors or staff were harmed because of my comments. You must have missed the "Prometheus" thread in the Movie section. There was one hold out who would defend that disaster for years. Literally, years.
TitusTroy and Zookster like this.
Tack is online now  
post #13127 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 06:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 8,797
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4105 Post(s)
Liked: 3662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post
Whatever, I just call it like I see it. Westworld is the best example. Some episodes are great and some are just really bad. But it's fine. No actors or staff were harmed because of my comments. You must have missed the "Prometheus" thread in the Movie section. There was one hold out who would defend that disaster for years. Literally, years.
I like Prometheus the more times I see it...it's not anywhere close to the quality of Alien or Aliens but I loved the visuals and can appreciate what Ridley was trying to do...I liked the David character (played by Fassbender) but he became too much of a focal point (especially in Alien: Covenant)...I actually thought Alien 3 (Assembly Cut) was a bit under-rated as well...
TitusTroy is online now  
post #13128 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 07:01 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Tack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Valencia, Ca
Posts: 10,577
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4469 Post(s)
Liked: 5863
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
I like Prometheus the more times I see it...it's not anywhere close to the quality of Alien or Aliens but I loved the visuals and can appreciate what Ridley was trying to do...I liked the David character (played by Fassbender) but he became too much of a focal point (especially in Alien: Covenant)...I actually thought Alien 3 (Assembly Cut) was a bit under-rated as well...
It wasn't the worst movie ever but you know how it goes. You point out some obvious flaws and somebody defends every. single. scene. A hundred pages later it's an MMA match.
Sharp1080 and Ben23 like this.
Tack is online now  
post #13129 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dave Vaughn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 5,907
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1394 Post(s)
Liked: 2125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post

Wabo...my wife is so disappointed with this season that she seriously needs some therapy. She told me after the last episode she was going to rewrite Season 8 because she's so pissed off at the lazy writing. In fact, she says the last episode didn't have two paragraphs of dialog in total. I think she's right. Furthermore, I can assure you she won't make Tyrion so stupid.
joblo likes this.

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)
My Atmos Renovation Part 1 http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...odyssey-part-1
My Atmos Renovation Part 2 http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...odyssey-part-2
Dave Vaughn is offline  
post #13130 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 07:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
cardoski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Beyond The Wall.
Posts: 4,759
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2524 Post(s)
Liked: 2803
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
I like Prometheus the more times I see it...it's not anywhere close to the quality of Alien or Aliens but I loved the visuals and can appreciate what Ridley was trying to do...I liked the David character (played by Fassbender) but he became too much of a focal point (especially in Alien: Covenant)...I actually thought Alien 3 () was a bit under-rated as well...
I really like Prometheus now, was disappointed originally but David and the cinematography make it worthwhile. I loved Covenant and A3 Assembly Cut.
gwsat and TitusTroy like this.

Listening with Focal Elex headphones, Topping DSD Dac, SENCUN-audio tube preamp with tone control and Little Dot hybrid tube amp with GE tubes.

Watching in a room ensconced in velvet.
cardoski is online now  
post #13131 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 07:52 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Yrd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Elkton, MD
Posts: 4,049
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 751 Post(s)
Liked: 515
What is assembly cut?
Yrd is offline  
post #13132 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
TitusTroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York City
Posts: 8,797
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4105 Post(s)
Liked: 3662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrd View Post
What is assembly cut?
it's a much better version of Alien 3...sort of a Director's Cut version included on the Blu-ray...it used some unfinished special effects but the story flowed much better

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/movies/...theatrical-cut
TitusTroy is online now  
post #13133 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 08:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 4,398
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1442 Post(s)
Liked: 1619
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
We are totally on the same page with this. I've had a number of complaints about this season (and any number of other shows in this forum).

My comment regarding entitlement was specifically referring to people who are signing petitions in the extremely unrealistic hopes that HBO would do the season over just because they were so disappointed in how it's turning out.
While I agree it is unlikely, I think the genesis of it is valid. Dan and Dave got tired of the show and are wrapping it up in a nice little bow way too quickly which is affecting the quality. The reduction of quality is apparently inversely related to the increase in viewership however.
Dave Vaughn and gwsat like this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
daryl zero is offline  
post #13134 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 08:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
daryl zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tucson, Arizona
Posts: 4,398
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1442 Post(s)
Liked: 1619
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
I like Prometheus the more times I see it...it's not anywhere close to the quality of Alien or Aliens but I loved the visuals and can appreciate what Ridley was trying to do...I liked the David character (played by Fassbender) but he became too much of a focal point (especially in Alien: Covenant)...I actually thought Alien 3 (Assembly Cut) was a bit under-rated as well...
Another rabbit hole? How about this? I kinda liked Alien Resurrection. I know they cut Joss Whedon's script to heck but it was directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet and had some fun actors in it and still kept Joss' female empowerment yadda yadda.
TitusTroy likes this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
daryl zero is offline  
post #13135 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 09:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 16,490
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked: 15379
Oh lawd, Prometheus has been resurrected. I knew we should have nuked it from space. Only way to make sure.
Dave Vaughn, Josh Z and hernanu like this.

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
post #13136 of 13717 Old 05-15-2019, 09:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: The Leaky Tiki
Posts: 16,490
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6844 Post(s)
Liked: 15379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
I just saw that myself. While I'm not a fan of the rushed nature of this season's turn of events, I'm especially sad to see the levels of entitlement some people feel when it comes to not being disappointed by a form of popular entertainment. Vent on Reddit, Twitter, or AVS Forum and get over it already.
Sounds like a bunch of millennials with too much tine on their hands. You don’t always get what you want. Cersei wanted elephants. It’s just not in the cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Vaughn View Post
Wabo...my wife is so disappointed with this season that she seriously needs some therapy. She told me after the last episode she was going to rewrite Season 8 because she's so pissed off at the lazy writing. In fact, she says the last episode didn't have two paragraphs of dialog in total. I think she's right. Furthermore, I can assure you she won't make Tyrion so stupid.
Lol. I’d watch it.

__________________________________________________
Take life with a grain of salt... a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila
Waboman is online now  
post #13137 of 13717 Old 05-16-2019, 04:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
marjen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 1,264
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
If, in fact, an attempt is made on Daenerys life in the Finale on Sunday, somebody better take out Drogon first, because, if Mamma dies, Hell will be paid .. and, if she's not killed, Hell will be paid ..
I am wondering who Drogon is going to side with if Danny and Jon battle. Wouldn't it be nuts if Danny orders Drogon to torch Jon and either (a) he disobeys, or (b) Jon is fireproof like Danny? Maybe Drogon can sense Jon is the true king and sides with him.
RxpSGR, LL3HD, John dhein and 1 others like this.
marjen is offline  
post #13138 of 13717 Old 05-16-2019, 06:22 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Mike_WI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SE Wisconsin
Posts: 3,443
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 432 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjen View Post
I am wondering who Drogon is going to side with if Danny and Jon battle. Wouldn't it be nuts if Danny orders Drogon to torch Jon and either (a) he disobeys, or (b) Jon is fireproof like Danny? Maybe Drogon can sense Jon is the true king and sides with him.
That is both very interesting and I think a real possibility to see.

HT: Oppo UDP-203 -> Lumagen RadiancePro 4446 {18 GHz input x2 & 18 GHz output x1 cards} - "new (112818 FW)" 18 GHz microcode - parallel outs to --> [Audio: Denon 5308CI] --> [Video: JVC RS520 FW v30.1]
HT Details: link
Mike_WI is offline  
post #13139 of 13717 Old 05-16-2019, 06:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dave Vaughn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 5,907
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1394 Post(s)
Liked: 2125
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjen View Post
I am wondering who Drogon is going to side with if Danny and Jon battle. Wouldn't it be nuts if Danny orders Drogon to torch Jon and either (a) he disobeys, or (b) Jon is fireproof like Danny? Maybe Drogon can sense Jon is the true king and sides with him.
I wondered the same thing, but Jon burned his hands back in Season One or two when throwing the lantern at the walking dead who was attacking Mormont.
LL3HD and Mike_WI like this.

David Vaughn Blu-ray Reviewer / Technical Writer Sound & Vision Magazine (Print & Online)
My Atmos Renovation Part 1 http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...odyssey-part-1
My Atmos Renovation Part 2 http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...odyssey-part-2
Dave Vaughn is offline  
post #13140 of 13717 Old 05-16-2019, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Ph8te's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 18,871
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6253 Post(s)
Liked: 5880
Quote:
Originally Posted by marjen View Post
I am wondering who Drogon is going to side with if Danny and Jon battle. Wouldn't it be nuts if Danny orders Drogon to torch Jon and either (a) he disobeys, or (b) Jon is fireproof like Danny? Maybe Drogon can sense Jon is the true king and sides with him.


Drogon “should” side with Daeny. If she dies Jon could “take over”. In the lore/history of Westeros bonds with Dragons are for life.
Ph8te is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition , Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off