'Game of Thrones' on HBO HD - NO SPOILERS or Book Discussion - Page 450 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 7099Likes

post #13471 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4106 Post(s)
Liked: 3667
for me the thing that doesn't ring true about Dany's Mad Queen turn is that she spent all that time in Meereen learning how to rule, learning how to be a better leader...she could have attacked King's Landing at any time after obtaining the Unsullied but she chose to wait because she wanted to be a different type of ruler...yes the showrunners spent a lot of time foreshadowing Dany's Mad Queen turn but they also spent a lot of time foreshadowing her good side...in the end they needed more episodes to show her turn to the dark side but they made up their mind that they were only going to do 7 episodes for S7 and 6 episodes for S8 and nothing was going to change their mind

a good writer doesn't make definitive decisions and lets the story determine the outcome...the showrunners decided how many episodes before actually writing it and that was their biggest mistake...
slowbiscuit likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13472 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 03:46 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 6254 Post(s)
Liked: 5881
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
for me the thing that doesn't ring true about Dany's Mad Queen turn is that she spent all that time in Meereen learning how to rule, learning how to be a better leader...she could have attacked King's Landing at any time after obtaining the Unsullied but she chose to wait because she wanted to be a different type of ruler...yes the showrunners spent a lot of time foreshadowing Dany's Mad Queen turn but they also spent a lot of time foreshadowing her good side...in the end they needed more episodes to show her turn to the dark side but they made up their mind that they were only going to do 7 episodes for S7 and 6 episodes for S8 and nothing was going to change their mind

a good writer doesn't make definitive decisions and lets the story determine the outcome...the showrunners decided how many episodes before actually writing it and that was their biggest mistake...

The more I think about it, the less I think it was a “Mad Queen” turn and more of a rule by fear turn. Could this be construed as “Mad” sure, but Westeros was something she was not prepared for. Her entire life she was told that people are waiting for her and will welcome her with open arms. She got here and at best they are indifferent. Her previous dealings the people DID love her which made listening to her counselors much easier. At every step up until the end she followed their advice and tried to be the “good queen of mereen”. When they failed she decided to lead by fear much like previous leaders have. I am not dismissing you’re feelings/thoughts, just trying to further the conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
100.00 for an autograph. I think if I was famous I would refuse to give them out. I would try to reason with them, "Folks, there's better things to spend your money on than my signature or photos. Yes, I know you really love the show and I'm pleased you're pleased with my performance but I can't take your money. If you really must part with your cash then donate it to a good cause."

Yeah, I've never had anything signed before. I don't have anyone's autograph to this day. I think if I met Shatner, and I am a Star Trek fan, I would say hello and maybe something congratulatory if I could come up with something quick enough but that would be it. I wouldn't get in his face and try and get a selfie or ask for an autograph. It's just not worth it. And he's probably thinking, why would I just give out an autograph when I've been collecting money for them for so long? On an episode of Better Late than Never, Shatner refuses to give out autographs. I think he really is thinking that. He's working, filming for this show and randoms come up and he sees it as dollar signs lost. And that's fine, he's in the business but I just watch the shows and enjoy that part of it. My place as a fan has its limits.

When you are not rich and use this income to live I think many would take $100 for a scribble of ink that “you” did. Many of the actors aren’t wealthy and make much less than it seems they do because all we see are the ultra rich actors lifestyles. While your intentions are great, I don’t think badly of folks who do it because people are willing to pay it. It’s not like the actors themselves can’t donate money and time to great causes (many do).
post #13473 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2849 Post(s)
Liked: 3645
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtastic View Post
100.00 for an autograph. I think if I was famous I would refuse to give them out. I would try to reason with them, "Folks, there's better things to spend your money on than my signature or photos. Yes, I know you really love the show and I'm pleased you're pleased with my performance but I can't take your money. If you really must part with your cash then donate it to a good cause."

Yeah, I've never had anything signed before. I don't have anyone's autograph to this day. I think if I met Shatner, and I am a Star Trek fan, I would say hello and maybe something congratulatory if I could come up with something quick enough but that would be it. I wouldn't get in his face and try and get a selfie or ask for an autograph. It's just not worth it. And he's probably thinking, why would I just give out an autograph when I've been collecting money for them for so long? On an episode of Better Late than Never, Shatner refuses to give out autographs. I think he really is thinking that. He's working, filming for this show and randoms come up and he sees it as dollar signs lost. And that's fine, he's in the business but I just watch the shows and enjoy that part of it. My place as a fan has its limits.
Since "GoT's" is over, I think we're allowed a little Thread Drift, and most all what could be said has been said .. that said .. .. I'll tell a short story ::

I was helping out a buddy that was running a Convention in Indianapolis some years back, where Shatner was the Star Attraction .. he was late for the signing, and when he eventually marched in, he was surrounded by 4 big / burly dudes with earpiece walkies / all dressed in black .. I'm talking some big dudes .. they walk over to Shatners area and along the way, a couple fans tried to just take a photo and were immediately shut down by one or two of Shatners bodyguards .. for just attempting to take a photo ..

Now, even Bill Shatner has to use the bathroom, so, any time he went to the can, the 4 dudes went with him as well .. same drill .. if memory serves, he was getting around $250 to sign a photo at the time, but you also had to shell out $15.00 for the photo, you could not have him sign your own ..

Does he need the money .. ?? Hell, no .. and he sure as Hell does not need an ego, either, since he's got plenty of that ..

On the slip side, Leonard Nimoy was one of the kindest, nicest men you could ever run into .. no pretension ..
Dave Vaughn, Ph8te and Lp85253 like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13474 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 04:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te View Post
The more I think about it, the less I think it was a “Mad Queen” turn and more of a rule by fear turn. Could this be construed as “Mad” sure, but Westeros was something she was not prepared for. Her entire life she was told that people are waiting for her and will welcome her with open arms. She got here and at best they are indifferent. Her previous dealings the people DID love her which made listening to her counselors much easier. At every step up until the end she followed their advice and tried to be the “good queen of mereen”. When they failed she decided to lead by fear much like previous leaders have. I am not dismissing you’re feelings/thoughts, just trying to further the conversation
in the 7 kingdoms I'm wondering how many regions actually did love Daenerys like they did in Meereen and Slaver's Bay...she may not have been as loved in the North or King's Landing but that still leaves a majority of the other areas...I don't understand why she took it so hard that King's Landing did not welcome her with open arms...it's understandable that they would be suspicious after seeing the Mad King's rule first hand...if she had 4 out of the 7 kingdoms accepting of her that should have been enough for now

in the end I don't mind her dark turn I just think it felt a bit rushed...I also liked where most of the characters ended up in the epilogue...I think they should have dealt with the Night King in S7 and left the final 6 episodes for Cersei and Dany...cramming everything into 6 episodes just felt like too much story and too little time...GoT is still the #1 show on my all time list...until the next epic series dethrones it...long may she reign
Ph8te and Zookster like this.
post #13475 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 810
Quote:
The more I think about it, the less I think it was a “Mad Queen” turn and more of a rule by fear turn. Could this be construed as “Mad” sure, but Westeros was something she was not prepared for. Her entire life she was told that people are waiting for her and will welcome her with open arms. She got here and at best they are indifferent. Her previous dealings the people DID love her which made listening to her counselors much easier. At every step up until the end she followed their advice and tried to be the “good queen of mereen”. When they failed she decided to lead by fear much like previous leaders have. I am not dismissing you’re feelings/thoughts, just trying to further the conversation.
I would have agreed with you prior to the final episode. However, her Hitleresque speech to the soldiers, with her talk of conquering the entire world, along with her demented "I alone know what's good for everyone" statements to Jon, convinced me otherwise. She really had succumbed to the Targaryen Madness. In fact, she took it to a new level. Not even her mad father talked about a crusade to conquer the entire world.
jadziedzic and Ben23 like this.
post #13476 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 04:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1543 Post(s)
Liked: 1422
A website is connecting people to therapists for those having trouble coping with the GoT ending, according to this local news story yesterday: https://www.cbs8.com/article/enterta...5-9eca2e164317

Trevor Noah had the perfect response:
Spoiler!
joblo, Dave Vaughn, gwsat and 3 others like this.
post #13477 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 04:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Rubman View Post
Well I for one am most interested to see which, amongst these fine actors, will be able to break the typecasting curse of such a powerful and iconic series.
We all probably loved Breaking Bad....Aaron Paul's Jessie Pinkman was the role of a lifetime....literally. The poor guy can't seem to buy a break now.
I see a lot of bit roles in B-Movies coming, apart (maybe) from Sophie Turner with her new X-Men spot.

Anyone else see a different vision in the Red Witch's crystal ball?
I think most of the cast will go on to have successful careers in movies and TV (I've always thought the actors playing Ser Davos and Varys were great and would have long careers not as leading men or featured actors but in secondary roles)...as far as breakout potential superstars I always though Maisie Williams was a natural (she was amazing in the early seasons)...Sophie Turner will get the most buzz because of her looks and fame after marrying that Jonas Brother but her acting does not leap off the screen...Emilia Clarke got a lot of early hype and was cast in some blockbuster franchises such as Terminator and Star Wars (Solo) but she nearly single handedly killed those franchises...she has talent but needs to choose her roles better...I see her headlining a new Netflix or Amazon streaming show...I think Clarke has the most potential to be the biggest star from the show...most over-rated actor is definitely Kit Harrington

my favorite actor in the show's history was Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister)...he was already a veteran of movies and TV but this should have elevated him to a new level...I see him in a lot of shows and movies nowadays, mostly in secondary or smaller roles but he nailed role of Tywin...the guy has gravitas and great on-screen presence...I can see Conleth Hill (Varys) in a James Bond movie...Liam Cunningham (Ser Davos) I can picture in that new LOTR or Wheel of Time series on Amazon
Dave Vaughn likes this.
post #13478 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1175 Post(s)
Liked: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
A website is connecting people to therapists for those having trouble coping with the GoT ending, according to this local news story yesterday: https://www.cbs8.com/article/enterta...5-9eca2e164317

Trevor Noah had the perfect response:
Spoiler!
This from a guy who's daily obsessing about election results from almost three years ago?

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: Jamo 626k4 in-wall mains, Jamo 631k4 bi/dipole surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #13479 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 99
I thought Arya's ending was stupidly weak, by far the worst of all the survivors.

"What are we going to do about Arya?"

"I dunno. Put her on a boat?"

"Where's she going on the boat?"

"I dunno. Who cares? Let's just not say."
Tack likes this.
post #13480 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 2524 Post(s)
Liked: 2803
Hehehe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	60617265_10219295092946550_4404036444293693440_n.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	2569904  

Listening with Focal Elex headphones, Topping DSD Dac, SENCUN-audio tube preamp with tone control and Little Dot hybrid tube amp with GE tubes.

Watching in a room ensconced in velvet.
post #13481 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1175 Post(s)
Liked: 707
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Rubman View Post
Well I for one am most interested to see which, amongst these fine actors, will be able to break the typecasting curse of such a powerful and iconic series.
We all probably loved Breaking Bad....Aaron Paul's Jessie Pinkman was the role of a lifetime....literally. The poor guy can't seem to buy a break now.
I see a lot of bit roles in B-Movies coming, apart (maybe) from Sophie Turner with her new X-Men spot.

Anyone else see a different vision in the Red Witch's crystal ball?
I think most of the cast will go on to have successful careers in movies and TV (I've always thought the actors playing Ser Davos and Varys were great and would have long careers not as leading men or featured actors but in secondary roles)...as far as breakout potential superstars I always though Maisie Williams was a natural (she was amazing in the early seasons)...Sophie Turner will get the most buzz because of her looks and fame after marrying that Jonas Brother but her acting does not leap off the screen...Emilia Clarke got a lot of early hype and was cast in some blockbuster franchises such as Terminator and Star Wars (Solo) but she nearly single handedly killed those franchises...she has talent but needs to choose her roles better...I see her headlining a new Netflix or Amazon streaming show...I think Clarke has the most potential to be the biggest star from the show...most over-rated actor is definitely Kit Harrington

my favorite actor in the show's history was Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister)...he was already a veteran of movies and TV but this should have elevated him to a new level...I see him in a lot of shows and movies nowadays, mostly in secondary or smaller roles but he nailed role of Tywin...the guy has gravitas and great on-screen presence...I can see Conleth Hill (Varys) in a James Bond movie...Liam Cunningham (Ser Davos) I can picture in that new LOTR or Wheel of Time series on Amazon
Performance-wise, Peter Dinklage carried the show almost single-handedly. Great performance. Makes you virtually forget he's a dwarf.
Dave Vaughn and JCJetta like this.

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: Jamo 626k4 in-wall mains, Jamo 631k4 bi/dipole surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #13482 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post
Performance-wise, Peter Dinklage carried the show almost single-handedly. Great performance. Makes you virtually forget he's a dwarf.
Peter was a star long before GOT. He’s just charismatic!

Bobby 

post #13483 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman View Post
I thought Arya's ending was stupidly weak, by far the worst of all the survivors.

"What are we going to do about Arya?"

"I dunno. Put her on a boat?"

"Where's she going on the boat?"

"I dunno. Who cares? Let's just not say."
She is going West, exploring the rest of the world. She talked about it with the actor she was supposed to kill in S5 or 6. I thought it was in line with her character and has potential for a spinoff hbo movie or mini series .
Ph8te and Lp85253 like this.

Listening with Focal Elex headphones, Topping DSD Dac, SENCUN-audio tube preamp with tone control and Little Dot hybrid tube amp with GE tubes.

post #13484 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 04:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post
yes he's already a star...great actor...but unfortunately his roles will be somewhat limited due to his size
post #13485 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 6845 Post(s)
Liked: 15381
A-A-Ron doesn't like the ending.

Quote:
You come down to the ending and Tyrion
says the person with the best story is Bran?!
https://twitter.com/WISN_Watson/stat...31040200077314

post #13486 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 05:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
yes he's already a star...great actor...but unfortunately his roles will be somewhat limited due to his size
That's what they told me when I was trying to break into the adult film industry.

post #13487 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
in the 7 kingdoms I'm wondering how many regions actually did love Daenerys like they did in Meereen and Slaver's Bay...she may not have been as loved in the North or King's Landing but that still leaves a majority of the other areas...I don't understand why she took it so hard that King's Landing did not welcome her with open arms...it's understandable that they would be suspicious after seeing the Mad King's rule first hand...if she had 4 out of the 7 kingdoms accepting of her that should have been enough for now

in the end I don't mind her dark turn I just think it felt a bit rushed...I also liked where most of the characters ended up in the epilogue...I think they should have dealt with the Night King in S7 and left the final 6 episodes for Cersei and Dany...cramming everything into 6 episodes just felt like too much story and too little time...GoT is still the #1 show on my all time list...until the next epic series dethrones it...long may she reign

Yeah, that the bigger picture, the “what if’s”, she only had those reactions to go by though, so it was “understandable” (at least to me) that she did have that “turn”. At that point everyone she had met once she landed looked at her as a foreigner/outsider not some savior. We saw much of this season one as well when they got new her and Viserys were alive. She was being told “lies” and the betrayal by her confidants just added fuel to the fire. I do agree it’s understandable that they would be suspicious, it’s just not something Daeny was expecting after what she’s been told her whole life.

While I do wish they had some more time to let the story breathe, they hit the major points they wanted needed (IMO). I would have been ecstatic if they had 10 episodes for this season to have a few more moments here or there. I don’t think it would change many people’s opinions on the outcome, but it would have allowed for a bit more setup. It wasn’t perfect, but far from horrible (IMO).
post #13488 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 05:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Season 8 is already available for purchase on Vudu (not in 4K)...that seems really fast...does this mean that it's going to be a fast turnaround for the 4K Blu-ray (and 1080p)?

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...9?scrollPos=14
post #13489 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
I would have agreed with you prior to the final episode. However, her Hitleresque speech to the soldiers, with her talk of conquering the entire world, along with her demented "I alone know what's good for everyone" statements to Jon, convinced me otherwise. She really had succumbed to the Targaryen Madness. In fact, she took it to a new level. Not even her mad father talked about a crusade to conquer the entire world.

I can see that, I would think any leader would not want to leave any chance of rebellion. In her mind she was freeing these people and the sacrifice was worth it (we see some of this sacrifice talk in Chernobyl as well). If everyone else has been doing it one way then I come along and “fix things” and up until Westeros she was doing things the “right way” many would sacrifice almost anything to achieve that final goal. She’s has these tendencies in the past to wipe everyone out and be persuaded not to. Unfortunately this time she was dealing with a totally different beast in Westeros and that upended everything. It will be interesting to watch again completely in the future for sure as breadcrumbs are there, but the more I think about it the less I think she went “Mad” and instead did the opposite of what she “wanted” to do in order to fulfill her goal.
post #13490 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 05:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Season 8 is already available for purchase on Vudu (not in 4K)...that seems really fast...does this mean that it's going to be a fast turnaround for the 4K Blu-ray (and 1080p)?
I would be very surprised if the discs don't come out very soon. They've had plenty of time to produce them, and they'll want to sell them while fan interest is still high. They are already available for pre-order on Amazon, but the release date is unspecified. $40 for HD and $50 for UHD.
post #13491 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 05:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweissman View Post
I would be very surprised if the discs don't come out very soon. They've had plenty of time to produce them, and they'll want to sell them while fan interest is still high. They are already available for pre-order on Amazon, but the release date is unspecified. $40 for HD and $50 for UHD.
hopefully the complete box-set (4K) comes out at the same time and they don't release it at a later date...
post #13492 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 05:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 810
Quote:
I can see that, I would think any leader would not want to leave any chance of rebellion. In her mind she was freeing these people and the sacrifice was worth it (we see some of this sacrifice talk in Chernobyl as well). If everyone else has been doing it one way then I come along and “fix things” and up until Westeros she was doing things the “right way” many would sacrifice almost anything to achieve that final goal. She’s has these tendencies in the past to wipe everyone out and be persuaded not to. Unfortunately this time she was dealing with a totally different beast in Westeros and that upended everything. It will be interesting to watch again completely in the future for sure as breadcrumbs are there, but the more I think about it the less I think she went “Mad” and instead did the opposite of what she “wanted” to do in order to fulfill her goal.
I think she did go mad, because she abandoned her original goal of sitting on the Iron Throne. She wanted the entire WORLD to bend the knee. That's megalomania of the worst kind.
Tack and Montucky like this.
post #13493 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...9?scrollPos=14

It’s available on ITunes as well, but they put up the episodes soon after they air, so I’m sure there’s nothing really “special” about it. I think there was a fast turnaround for the season 7 set, but I don’t remember the date. I too am hoping for a complete series 4K release (Blu-Ray already has a preorder as does Season 8 4k) but it seems no one asks the people in the know.
post #13494 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 05:29 PM

So for now the thoughts of Arya spinoff are dead...I didn’t like the questions the writer asked, but what are you going to do.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...finale-1212749
TitusTroy likes this.
post #13495 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 05:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2269 Post(s)
Liked: 897
What are people objecting to, happy ending for most of the Stark kids?

After Ned’s execution and the Red Wedding, revenge and justice drove a lot of the narrative.

Viewers had to believe the Cersei was going to be got. They would have marched on HBOs offices if that didn’t happen.

The Starks were destined to end up outliving Cersei.

Jon was prepared for whatever the dragon was going to do to him. Dany may have had the hots for him but it’s incredible she would be alone with him without any guards.

If he didn’t kill her but rejected her advances again, she’d have probably had him executed — if he’s not with her, he’s against her.
cardoski likes this.
post #13496 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 05:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So for now the thoughts of Arya spinoff are dead...I didn’t like the questions the writer asked, but what are you going to do.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...finale-1212749
Casey Bloys sounded very hostile and defensive in that interview...but it was a good interview...I liked the question- "Much of the criticism is that the final season moved too quickly and many of the big moments did not feel earned. Can you talk us through the decision to do a grand total of 13 more episodes over the past two seasons? Was there a conversation to do more? What do you think of those criticisms? Why end it with an abbreviated run?"
Dave Vaughn likes this.
post #13497 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 05:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
What are people objecting to, happy ending for most of the Stark kids?

After Ned’s execution and the Red Wedding, revenge and justice drove a lot of the narrative.

Viewers had to believe the Cersei was going to be got. They would have marched on HBOs offices if that didn’t happen.

The Starks were destined to end up outliving Cersei.

Jon was prepared for whatever the dragon was going to do to him. Dany may have had the hots for him but it’s incredible she would be alone with him without any guards.

If he didn’t kill her but rejected her advances again, she’d have probably had him executed — if he’s not with her, he’s against her.
Sophie Turner’s 'Game of Thrones' tattoo was a major spoiler all along

post #13498 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Casey Bloys sounded very hostile and defensive in that interview...but it was a good interview...I liked the question- "Much of the criticism is that the final season moved too quickly and many of the big moments did not feel earned. Can you talk us through the decision to do a grand total of 13 more episodes over the past two seasons? Was there a conversation to do more? What do you think of those criticisms? Why end it with an abbreviated run?"

I think the questions where kind of hostile he had stated that he wasn’t going to speak for D&D (basically if you want to know ask them). The interviewer then tried to get answers to same types of questions. I mean I get it, let it stand as is and if the creator(s) are happy don’t say anything. I’m not sure if they could have pleased everyone. Hopefully we get a good interview of the creators soon.

What I have heard said by Joanna Robinson is that they should have told Emilia Clarke earlier what was going to happen. I do agree about that as I’m sure she was floored as the fans were when she read that script. It would have allowed her to maybe breathe some life in previous episodes based on that foreknowledge. I do understand at the same time wanting to keep that a secret so it’s not foreshadowed too much...not an enviable position to be in.
post #13499 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 05:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Quote:
hopefully the complete box-set (4K) comes out at the same time and they don't release it at a later date...
Good luck with that. We are talking about Warner Brothers here. If any studio knows how to double, triple, or even quadruple dip it's Warner Brothers.
TitusTroy likes this.
post #13500 of 13717 Old 05-21-2019, 05:52 PM

I guess everyone digging deeeeeep into the bag of fans backlash/speculation to get those clicks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray , Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season Blu Ray Dvd Combo Digital Copy Collectors Edition , Game Of Thrones The Complete Second Season , Game Of Thrones The Complete Third Season Blu Ray

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page