"Arrow" on The CW HD - Page 69 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 398Likes

post #2041 of 2411 Old 02-24-2016, 06:34 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2398
Well that episode was firing on all one cyclinder. Even the stunt guys looked bored and they were in masks. Slow drama, lame showdown, too many heroes, clunky and poorly edited fights, slowest motorcycle riding in the world, Neal McDonough looking like he wanted to be anywhere else and ... Olicity.

Thanks shippers for making Felicity such a whining girlfriend instead of the amusing snarky hacker she used to be. I'm even more disappointed we know that she won't be in the grave after this episode.

Vixen sucked too. With all her magical powers the best tactic she had was becoming stronger and rushing the bad guy just to get thrown over. If you have the strength of a supernatural gorilla then maybe just crushing the idol would have been quicker? That's what Hulk would have done.

Hopefully by the time this returns I will have forgotten that Oliver has to cancel the weeding cake and other such exciting superheroics.
Turrican4D likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2042 of 2411 Old 02-24-2016, 11:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 635
Just because I can...

So... tonight... when Oliver was finally telling everyone about his son William... they should have played (wait for it...) the William Tell Overture!
thehun and TeeJay1952 like this.
post #2043 of 2411 Old 02-25-2016, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked: 3015
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
Just because I can...

So... tonight... when Oliver was finally telling everyone about his son William... they should have played (wait for it...) the William Tell Overture!
:groan:

lol

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2044 of 2411 Old 02-25-2016, 10:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
Thanks shippers for making Felicity such a whining girlfriend instead of the amusing snarky hacker she used to be. I'm even more disappointed we know that she won't be in the grave after this episode.
Oliver needs to reexamine all this ...being mister nice guy....tell ungrateful, whiny Felicity to take a hike and go back to being a playboy and killing bad guys.

And sadly, the scene with Vixen and the Flash action figure is probably the closest Barry will get to getting some =P

Last edited by RafaelSmith; 02-25-2016 at 10:04 AM.
post #2045 of 2411 Old 02-25-2016, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1459 Post(s)
Liked: 1654
I was going crazy about Vixen since the characters had supposedly met before and I didn't remember her. There is some kind of cartoon one offs going out there where Vixen met Oliver which is why he said their previous deal was "animated." That was a bit sneaky.

The action is a bit weird with enemy combatants with guns sort of waiting to shoot until someone knocks the guns out of their hands. I was pleased to see Darkh get his power source cut off and take a beating. He's been way too smug.

The Felicity thing is sort of a repeat of the previous Flash/Savage cross-over but I guess she's being consistent with her character even though it was a bit of a repeat. Kind of amped up in that her "walking away" coincided with her ability to walk away. Not sure of her thinking even though she knew that Oliver was forced to make a choice. Didn't help that there were several others who knew. Oliver does a poor job of explaining why that was so.

The two views of "parenting while you are a superhero" by Diggle and Vixen was interesting. Ultimately, Oliver chose Vixen's model for William's safety and so hopefully we won't have to deal with shows like this again.

Despite getting his butt kicked, Darkh won by having Oliver withdraw from the race so we will have to see the consequences of that and whether the totem that was destroyed was the source of Darkh's power or whether he has a backup.

I thought the show had some good ideas but was executed kinda poorly. I would give it a B- or C+.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #2046 of 2411 Old 02-25-2016, 02:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
I was going crazy about Vixen since the characters had supposedly met before and I didn't remember her. There is some kind of cartoon one offs going out there where Vixen met Oliver which is why he said their previous deal was "animated." That was a bit sneaky.
Yes, they did an animated crossover a few months ago with Oliver, Barry, and Vixen. It was the Vixen origin story. They did five or six weekly episodes, but they only lasted like two minutes each. Hardly worth a week's wait. You can find them at www.cwseed.com or I downloaded the cwseed app to my tablet and watched them there. Now that all the episodes are available, it is probably more satisfying to watch them all in one sitting.

The best thing about cwseed is that they have all the episodes to the original 1990s The Flash as well as Terminator: Sarah Connors Chronicle available to stream.

Duane
post #2047 of 2411 Old 02-25-2016, 05:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneAA View Post
Yes, they did an animated crossover a few months ago with Oliver, Barry, and Vixen. It was the Vixen origin story. They did five or six weekly episodes, but they only lasted like two minutes each. Hardly worth a week's wait. You can find them at www.cwseed.com or I downloaded the cwseed app to my tablet and watched them there. Now that all the episodes are available, it is probably more satisfying to watch them all in one sitting.

The best thing about cwseed is that they have all the episodes to the original 1990s The Flash as well as Terminator: Sarah Connors Chronicle available to stream.

Duane
Thanks for the link. I really liked the Terminator (SCC) show and can watch it while on the treadmill.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #2048 of 2411 Old 02-25-2016, 06:10 PM

If you want to see Cyborg Green Arrow, be sure to catch up with Legends this week. It was a lot more fun than watching The Queen Family Drama.

post #2049 of 2411 Old 02-25-2016, 08:30 PM
Yrd
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 519
Glad felicity is gone. Such a whiny "me, me, me" beotch. She knows he couldn't tell her but she just can't get over herself. So long, don't let the door hit you.
Turrican4D likes this.
post #2050 of 2411 Old 02-26-2016, 06:21 AM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Don't worry, she'll be back. Remember she was in the limo when Oliver left the gravesite.
post #2051 of 2411 Old 02-26-2016, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 6870 Post(s)
Liked: 15445
Agree about Felicity leaving the show. She needed to go. I do have to give Darhk props for putting the kibosh on the canary cry before she could use it. Now with him vanquished, lets bring back Slade.

post #2052 of 2411 Old 02-26-2016, 01:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 78
My most recent thoughts had been that it would be William in the grave. But if his mother has managed to get him clear with no one knowing where they went, it seems unlikely it is him. At the moment I am back to having no idea who is in the grave. Who is important to both Oliver and Barry so that pair, but no one else, is at the grave?

Duane
post #2053 of 2411 Old 02-26-2016, 04:27 PM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 101
If you saw the most recent "Legends of Tomorrow" episode and his comment to Cisco in this weeks "Flash" about having a better helmet made, we can hopefully rule out Diggle as being the occupant. I'm still looking at Felicity's mom.
post #2054 of 2411 Old 02-26-2016, 10:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquastar View Post
If you saw the most recent "Legends of Tomorrow" episode and his comment to Cisco in this weeks "Flash" about having a better helmet made, we can hopefully rule out Diggle as being the occupant. I'm still looking at Felicity's mom.
I know what you meant... but the first time I read that, I realized it can have a double meaning too

Meanwhile...

I'm still holding to my Captain Lance theory... but allowing for the possibility of it being William's mother.
post #2055 of 2411 Old 02-26-2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I know what you meant... but the first time I read that, I realized it can have a double meaning too
She would be shocked to hear that! I expect her face would have this expression.

post #2056 of 2411 Old 02-26-2016, 11:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1831 Post(s)
Liked: 1620
I think my prediction that allowing The Flash and Arrow to exist in the same universe would ruin the show have finally come to fruition. This show is terrible now that magic and superpowers exist in it (and having "heroes" with lame super powers that include roaring like a lion doesn't help); it was so much better when Oliver was just a trained marksman taking down maniacal thugs and not bringing in voodoo queens to defeat boogeymen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneAA View Post
My most recent thoughts had been that it would be William in the grave. But if his mother has managed to get him clear with no one knowing where they went, it seems unlikely it is him.
Even this is ridiculous. We never even got a real explanation about how Malcolm found out about William in the first place; it was attributed to a "Ra's knows everything, duh," hand wave, so it really shouldn't be that hard for somebody to find William again. Felicity only needs 10 seconds to track bad guys down most of the time, after all.
Davidt1 and Turrican4D like this.
post #2057 of 2411 Old 02-27-2016, 10:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thea found out as part of a financial background check on Oliver... but then she recognized the name of the girl... and they really weren't trying to hide, just trying to be in a different city. Now that they are trying to hide, it should be harder for people to find them... the girl and Oliver's son that is.

As for magic and powers ruining the show... The show has its ups and downs, but sometimes you fight the bad guy that fights like you do, sometimes you don't. It keeps the story evolving. IF they didn't grow a little, eventually every episode would just be the same thing.

Remember when people complained that everyone Oliver was fighting seemed to be a marksman with a bow? They could do some things better, to be sure... but the comics are a mixed bag too. Some of the most famous/popular stories were the Green Lantern/Green Arrow team-ups back in the 1970s... and that pairing was about as opposite as you get... opposite personalities and magic/powers vs marksmanship... but those stories worked.
post #2058 of 2411 Old 02-27-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Remember when people complained that everyone Oliver was fighting seemed to be a marksman with a bow?
Coming up, all the villains will have girlfriend issues and Ollie will fight them by seeing who can stay sober the longest when they go to a bar to complain about them.

Women. Can't live with them, can't have them as part of your vigilante group without entering into a relationship too early to appease some of the fanbase causing the entire balance of the show to be completely thrown off reducing the effectiveness of the team and once again proving the Moonlighting Effect still applies.
Turrican4D likes this.

post #2059 of 2411 Old 02-27-2016, 11:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 797 Post(s)
Liked: 373
My money is on Felicity. She will assume the "Dead Shado" role in that limo scene. The actress who plays Felicity has said that she has no idea who is in the grave and it hasn't been addressed yet in script or meetings, so it may be her. I don't think it will be her parents. They wouldn't have introduced her sperm donor without having some sort of plan for him or let her mom hang around so long if they didn't want either of them to have some sort of long-term use. Calculator could easily slide in and take Felicity's spot, though that would be a big awkward change IMO. We know Diggle will live. He's the broheim of Oliver and he has to make another kid to give us John Diggle Jr. It could be Thea in the grave, albeit not deliberately. We have seen that Malcom is assuming Damien's role as HIVE leader when he visits him in prison and tells him that plans are moving ahead.....WITHOUT YOU. We also saw Thea and Malcom have a big falling out over his kidnapping of William, which was the straw that broke their messed up camel's back. Thea may end up going after Malcom hard because of her "needs" and he may end up killing her, because we all know that Malcolm loves Malcolm more than he's ever loved anyone else, especially his children. Given what we've seen in the grave scene, it's obvious that whomever is in that grave is someone that Oliver really cared about and someone that he believes he has failed to protect.
post #2060 of 2411 Old 02-28-2016, 06:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I think my prediction that allowing The Flash and Arrow to exist in the same universe would ruin the show have finally come to fruition. This show is terrible now that magic and superpowers exist in it (and having "heroes" with lame super powers that include roaring like a lion doesn't help); it was so much better when Oliver was just a trained marksman taking down maniacal thugs and not bringing in voodoo queens to defeat boogeymen.

Even this is ridiculous. We never even got a real explanation about how Malcolm found out about William in the first place; it was attributed to a "Ra's knows everything, duh," hand wave, so it really shouldn't be that hard for somebody to find William again. Felicity only needs 10 seconds to track bad guys down most of the time, after all.
I stopped watching this show after the first two seasons. I loved it when Oliver's secret life was a secret he lied to protect. I also loved it when he was a killer. Now the show more like a cartoon.
post #2061 of 2411 Old 03-03-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidt1 View Post
I stopped watching this show after the first two seasons. I loved it when Oliver's secret life was a secret he lied to protect. I also loved it when he was a killer. Now the show more like a cartoon.
It's turned into a show that makes me think the writers like to watch The View and Lifetime channel. I'm still in, but I hope it changes after this season.

Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
post #2062 of 2411 Old 03-04-2016, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 592 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
The show went down the tubes when it wrote Deathstroke off the show and wrongly killed off Caity Lotz's character. Apparently the crew couldn't stand the actor playing Deathstroke and decided to dump their best villain in spite.

Arrow's showrunners made several other big changes that greatly handicapped it. Turning Thea and Laurel into superheroes overnight was a major mistake and smacked of network interference to drive more female viewership. Nothing in Laurel's first two seasons really hinted at her development into Black Canary. The list goes on and on of changes wrought since season two that have dragged its entertainment value down. I love Felicity as much as the next person, but she was far better suited as a secondary character making funny quips than as the primary female lead.

Superheroes are by and large a male-driven power fantasy and Arrow has gone further and further away from that in the past two seasons.
archiguy likes this.

Blu-ray Picture Quality Tiers (updated through July 13, 2017)
post #2063 of 2411 Old 03-05-2016, 01:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1831 Post(s)
Liked: 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Stranger View Post
wrongly killed off Caity Lotz's character
I simply cannot fathom how she was so good on Arrow and is so dull on Legends. I was looking forward to having a show with her as a regular, and it's been a massive disappointment.
post #2064 of 2411 Old 03-05-2016, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 750 Post(s)
Liked: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Stranger View Post
The show went down the tubes when it wrote Deathstroke off the show and wrongly killed off Caity Lotz's character.
Wrongly brought her back the first time, which made Ollie's conflict about his guilt for her death on the boat laughable.

Prof. Dr. Turrican M.D.
post #2065 of 2411 Old 03-24-2016, 06:42 AM

Yet another episode of our evening soap, As the Arrow Turns. Just when I thought things couldn't get worse, one of the worst episodes this season. The one positive: looks like Felicity might be off the show, but I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up.

I'm about ready to give up on this show, and at this point, definitely won't watch it next season unless they get some new writers/directors.

post #2066 of 2411 Old 03-24-2016, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Definitely not the best. I can tell you that I am really tired of these fictional legal proceedings where the state has trouble proving that a bad guy is bad where he has publicly shot and hurt a whole bunch of people.
cel4145 likes this.

post #2067 of 2411 Old 03-24-2016, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
Definitely not the best. I can tell you that I am really tired of these fictional legal proceedings where the state has trouble proving that a bad guy is bad where he has publicly shot and hurt a whole bunch of people.
I'm with you. And the problem is that there is so much bad with this show right now, that it's impossible for me to suspend disbelief and overlook things like that.
Zookster likes this.

post #2068 of 2411 Old 03-24-2016, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 6870 Post(s)
Liked: 15445
Holy cow, this show gets more soapy with every episode. Here's hoping Felicity is gone.
Keenan and Turrican4D like this.

post #2069 of 2411 Old 03-24-2016, 11:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1778 Post(s)
Liked: 1761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Holy cow, this show gets more soapy with every episode. Here's hoping Felicity is gone.

Well, we know that she's at the grave site at the end of the season, so that's probably a negative.
post #2070 of 2411 Old 03-24-2016, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 937 Post(s)
Liked: 636
Felicity was really extra annoying in this episode. Oliver should have sent that sanctimonious <we know what> packing long ago.

To bad she isn't the one in the grave.
Turrican4D likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page