"Arrow" on The CW HD - Page 70 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 398Likes

post #2071 of 2411 Old 03-24-2016, 07:15 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2398
If this had aired as a thematic episode during Valentine week it would have been an almost bearable excuse for the endless repeating cliches and complaining speeches from Felicity. But it wasn't, so getting to the end of this was torturous.

Just for good measure they decided to give Laurel an episode of courtroom drama too, because in an action-adventure show the trial episodes are always the best ones. Nothing like seeing the big bad sorcerer boss on the show just sitting at a table for an hour.

And really, having at least some parallel on the island to current events is long, long overdue. They could be revealing where Darhk got his powers from but as it stands right now the flashbacks are just totally irrelevant to everything that is happening. At least in previous seasons they filled in backstory on some of the present day characters and allegiances as the season progressed, but apart from Constantine I can't see any connection valid enough to stretch it out this long.

You can tell things are bad when Thea gets all the good lines. And she got clotheslined by a wall!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2072 of 2411 Old 03-24-2016, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 6872 Post(s)
Liked: 15449
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
If this had aired as a thematic episode during Valentine week it would have been an almost bearable excuse for the endless repeating cliches and complaining speeches from Felicity. But it wasn't, so getting to the end of this was torturous.

Just for good measure they decided to give Laurel an episode of courtroom drama too, because in an action-adventure show the trial episodes are always the best ones. Nothing like seeing the big bad sorcerer boss on the show just sitting at a table for an hour.

And really, having at least some parallel on the island to current events is long, long overdue. They could be revealing where Darhk got his powers from but as it stands right now the flashbacks are just totally irrelevant to everything that is happening. At least in previous seasons they filled in backstory on some of the present day characters and allegiances as the season progressed, but apart from Constantine I can't see any connection valid enough to stretch it out this long.

You can tell things are bad when Thea gets all the good lines. And she got clotheslined by a wall!
I literally lol'd when that happened.

Diggle; "Thea, look out!" *splat*
Keenan, VisionOn and Turrican4D like this.

post #2073 of 2411 Old 03-24-2016, 08:02 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I literally lol'd when that happened.
You and me both!

How hard is it to fail to notice an entire building? To be fair, she did take it in good spirits.

Next time Felicity appears Thea really needs to get back to showing her bellybutton. If Thea is going to be the one saving the show with jokes and pratfalls she may as well bring back some eye candy.
Turrican4D likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2074 of 2411 Old 03-24-2016, 11:38 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 3809 Post(s)
Liked: 3503
That makes three of us, that was flat-out hilarious!
post #2075 of 2411 Old 03-25-2016, 06:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked: 298
That was a George of the Jungle - Watch out for that tree! moment.
post #2076 of 2411 Old 03-25-2016, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I thought Felicity looked beautiful in the wedding dress.
ltownsend likes this.
post #2077 of 2411 Old 03-25-2016, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Sheesh, watching Arrow now is like pure torture. Seriously declined in every department since the first 2 seasons. Even the fight sequences suck! The choreography when more than one group member is fighting is hilariously staged. Nothing flows organically anymore.

This Cupid woman shouldn't even be a threat and yet she is giving Arrow a hard time in a fight. Then again Ollie has turned into a weak ass hero ever since he decided not to hurt people anymore. Remember his efficiency and level of expertise in his fighting in the first season? He actually seemed like a good fighter.

What about Diggle? His Magneto helmet is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Watching him wearing it while driving gave me stitches I was laughing so much. Thea is just a clown in a red outfit and the lawyer/black canary seriously needs to get laid and fast.
thehun, Davidt1 and Turrican4D like this.
post #2078 of 2411 Old 03-25-2016, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionOn View Post
I was hoping all these island flashbacks were related to Vandal Savage, that he might have been imprisoned there, and this moron let him out, thus setting in motion everything that happens in the present and future...but all hopes were dashed at the sight of the mystic helmet of Plot-stonia...Ugga-bugga. Cue swelling orchestral revelation-y background music.

Arrrgh.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #2079 of 2411 Old 03-26-2016, 04:40 PM

Don't say island flashbacks!

Spoiler!
mike1812 and ltownsend like this.

post #2080 of 2411 Old 03-26-2016, 09:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1090 Post(s)
Liked: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan Mire View Post
Sheesh, watching Arrow now is like pure torture. Seriously declined in every department since the first 2 seasons. Even the fight sequences suck! The choreography when more than one group member is fighting is hilariously staged. Nothing flows organically anymore.

This Cupid woman shouldn't even be a threat and yet she is giving Arrow a hard time in a fight. Then again Ollie has turned into a weak ass hero ever since he decided not to hurt people anymore. Remember his efficiency and level of expertise in his fighting in the first season? He actually seemed like a good fighter.

What about Diggle? His Magneto helmet is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Watching him wearing it while driving gave me stitches I was laughing so much. Thea is just a clown in a red outfit and the lawyer/black canary seriously needs to get laid and fast.
Totally agree, and if it wasn't for the excellent first 2 seasons, I would have walked away long ago. Felicity already a total beotch imagine her a a few years into marriage. The Horror!!

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

Attention, don't read my posts if you're a snowflake or easily offended.

The Hun
post #2081 of 2411 Old 03-28-2016, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
Totally agree, and if it wasn't for the excellent first 2 seasons, I would have walked away long ago.
I was just saying this to a buddy the other day who asked me about Arrow. Said after the 2nd season it starts to get soapy. Ollie and Felicity are the new Luke and Laura. Trade in the green hoodie for a lab coat at General Hospital.

post #2082 of 2411 Old 03-28-2016, 11:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 818 Post(s)
Liked: 635
For fun... just imagine every time anyone says "Arrow" they say it with a British accent... Too bad Ollie was running for mayor and not governor... because then he could have been "Arrow guv'ner!"
post #2083 of 2411 Old 03-30-2016, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1028 Post(s)
Liked: 800
Some funny lines tonight:

"Holy frak!...

"Can anybody just walk in here?" (a question that begs to be asked on The Flash.)
ltownsend likes this.
post #2084 of 2411 Old 03-30-2016, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 533
Looks like we get to see who is in the cemetery plot next week.
post #2085 of 2411 Old 03-31-2016, 07:33 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Maybe the new IT guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
post #2086 of 2411 Old 03-31-2016, 07:45 AM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked: 3015
Almost turned it off when I saw it was going to be bee girl after cupid girl last week . But it ended up being a little better than last week. Mainly because the presence of Curtis helping in the Arrow lair gave me hope that Felicity is almost gone as a regular on the show and the Oliver/Felicity plot will soon be done (he says with fingers crossed).

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
post #2087 of 2411 Old 03-31-2016, 07:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzy View Post
Some funny lines tonight:

"Holy frak!...

"Can anybody just walk in here?" (a question that begs to be asked on The Flash.)
And a shout out to Chuck! "Thanks, Nerd Herd". The problem is I already forgot who said it. This show already needs a reboot. Enough with Damian Dark already.
post #2088 of 2411 Old 03-31-2016, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1461 Post(s)
Liked: 1654
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
Almost turned it off when I saw it was going to be bee girl after cupid girl last week . But it ended up being a little better than last week. Mainly because the presence of Curtis helping in the Arrow lair gave me hope that Felicity is almost gone as a regular on the show and the Oliver/Felicity plot will soon be done (he says with fingers crossed).
I don't know. It seems like certain of the characters are on different shows. Oliver wants to go back to Season 1 or 2 and they have these goofy characters to hold that off. It hurts my brain to watch this push/pull dynamic. I was glad when Oliver yelled at Curtis. He was taking a life and death situation very lightly. Am I wrong?

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #2089 of 2411 Old 03-31-2016, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
I don't know. It seems like certain of the characters are on different shows. Oliver wants to go back to Season 1 or 2 and they have these goofy characters to hold that off. It hurts my brain to watch this push/pull dynamic. I was glad when Oliver yelled at Curtis. He was taking a life and death situation very lightly. Am I wrong?
You are not wrong. I concur and agree with all the points in your post.

post #2090 of 2411 Old 03-31-2016, 11:44 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Oh and wait for it .... Black Canary's scream.... watch her facial expressions ...

Lord give me strength. Oh and they need to seriously revise Magneto's helmet. And please Diggle, the next time you see your brother, put a bullet in his brain.
post #2091 of 2411 Old 03-31-2016, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing View Post
And a shout out to Chuck! "Thanks, Nerd Herd". The problem is I already forgot who said it. This show already needs a reboot. Enough with Damian Dark already.
I *THINK* it was Thea who said that.

And loved it when they used Mr. Terrific's, er, Curtis' T-spheres to blow the wall.
post #2092 of 2411 Old 03-31-2016, 07:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1831 Post(s)
Liked: 1620
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
I was glad when Oliver yelled at Curtis. He was taking a life and death situation very lightly. Am I wrong?
I thought that was a reflection of even more relationship drama, because it was something of a double standard. Felicity got to make jokes about serious situations all the time, and Oliver never yelled at her. Granted, her jokes were always better, but she used to be a lot more like Curtis and never got any pushback for it.
post #2093 of 2411 Old 04-01-2016, 10:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1565 Post(s)
Liked: 1473
I thought Curtis was a bit too goofy and over the top in his ooo's and ahhh's and jokes. He'd worked with them before. Sure, a little excitement and pride for being on Team Arrow again was definitely warranted. But they were in the middle of a life-and-death crisis. Also, Palmer Technologies should forget about developing that implant and focus on whatever it was Team Arrow gave Curtis to cure his cold with 104 degree fever -- even if it was just temporary.

And how does Brie develop a super-powered mechanical man made of mechanical bees while in prison, even with 30 minutes of computer access? Palmer Tech needs to bring her on board as well.

If I didn't know we were getting so close to the end of the season, I would be out with these back-to-back episode duds.
post #2094 of 2411 Old 04-03-2016, 01:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Same here, I'm just blown away how this show got so bad so quick.

The Hun
post #2095 of 2411 Old 04-03-2016, 07:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
And how does Brie develop a super-powered mechanical man made of mechanical bees while in prison, even with 30 minutes of computer access? Palmer Tech needs to bring her on board as well.
Definitely unbeelievable and quite a-pollin.
Zookster likes this.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #2096 of 2411 Old 04-03-2016, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 2668 Post(s)
Liked: 3015
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
Same here, I'm just blown away how this show got so bad so quick.
I don't know that it got bad quick. It's been heading steadily down hill for a while now, IMO. LOL

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
Living room HT: Energy RC-50, Ascend Sierra Horizon w/RAAL, Ascend Sierra 1, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Other rooms: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp | JBL LSR305
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | HE-400i | NAD HP50 | Sony MDR-1A | Soundmagic E50 & E80 | X5ii | DX50 | E12
post #2097 of 2411 Old 04-03-2016, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post
I don't know that it got bad quick. It's been heading steadily down hill for a while now, IMO. LOL
Yes since season 3 but this season just had a nose dive especially the last few episodes.

The Hun
post #2098 of 2411 Old 04-03-2016, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 5922 Post(s)
Liked: 6511
The last two eps are sitting there fermenting on my DVR and I haven't been able to summon the will to watch 'em. Since I aim to bag this show (along with 'The Flash') next year, I'm tempted to just flush these last two and the rest of the season, based on the comments of my esteemed colleagues here. But I'm probably too anal to go through with it.
post #2099 of 2411 Old 04-06-2016, 11:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Where to begin?

Merlyn apparently has a key to the Arrow Cave.
This whole thing about Merlyn getting in whenever he wants and Flash's Starlabs having an open door policy is ridiculous.

The Andrew thing was so easy to see and they overplay John Diggle's reaction. And apparently leave an extremely important artifact easily gotten (both the Idol and the missing piece).

Now, LL's death? Fake.

post #2100 of 2411 Old 04-07-2016, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 101
+1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page