Forum Jump: 
 690Likes

post #1591 of 1601 Old 01-17-2019, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1161 Post(s)
Liked: 1177
OH no! it was a good couple episodes but a great season? Far from it, one has to travel back to earlier ones like I been just doing the last couple of weeks, and see just how gradually the show sank, the last 2 being the weakest. Though season 5 being the worst no doubt. Let's hope no AA meetings, the previous seasons were peppered with "snap" meetings, which were the most boring stupid moments of the show.Well till Mickey shows up and tells some pedo jokes. The transformation of Bridget was beyond plausible, yeah she went from a frightened hostage girl in a basement to a chainsaw wielding bride in a matter of hours. Sure!!!! Naturally this was played for fun,[along with Smitty being a puss] but I wasn't buying it. It was way too cartoonish even for this show. Nonetheless it's still a good show will worth my time to tune in next year.
gooch02000 likes this.

De sagittis Hungarorum libera nos, Domine!

Attention, don't read my posts if you're a snowflake or easily offended.

The Hun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1592 of 1601 Old 01-21-2019, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2976 Post(s)
Liked: 3882
During last season, many were unhappy with the Abby Death storyline and Ray's spiral .. yet, that season set the overall tone for this season .. had Abby lived, I don't think we would be where we are at this point ..

This season was, IMO, the best season of "Ray Donovan" .. and the finale episode was a Tour de Force of excellent TV .. not a minute wasted .. it was pure lightning in a bottle .. and, the season just built up on a slow burn till that Finale ..

As well, it's rare I learn anything new, but the "throw a dead raccoon into the grave" bit was, er, interesting ..

Bridget has graduated from "Donovan In Training" to a full fledged Member .. that should make for some interesting bits next Season ..

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1593 of 1601 Old 01-21-2019, 02:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
During last season, many were unhappy with the Abby Death storyline and Ray's spiral .. yet, that season set the overall tone for this season .. had Abby lived, I don't think we would be where we are at this point
you think? she should have lived, and we would had 2 much better seasons to look back to. Oh well.
shivaji likes this.

The Hun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1594 of 1601 Old 01-21-2019, 02:39 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2976 Post(s)
Liked: 3882
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehun View Post
you think? she should have lived, and we would had 2 much better seasons to look back to. Oh well.
The main take-a-way I had from this season was, it’s very, very difficult to escape your past .. which is what Ray attempted, all while remaining isolated from his family .. yet, something in him changed during the Bridget kidnapping .. Suddenly, he realized that escaping his family wasn’t the answer .. they need Ray and Ray needs them .. Abby’s death left them splintered .. now, they have found their way back to one another ..

Even Mickey, during his recitation, shows the Brothers he may not have been as bad as they paint him to be ..

It was a wonderful ending to a great season .. gruesome, macabre, poignant and entertaining as hell ..

"I was there .."

Lena's revenge for Justine just added icing to the tale ..
Keenan, cardoski and MrRobotoPlus like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #1595 of 1601 Old 01-21-2019, 03:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
The main take-a-way I had from this season was, it’s very, very difficult to escape your past .. which is what Ray attempted, all while remaining isolated from his family .. yet, something in him changed during the Bridget kidnapping .. Suddenly, he realized that escaping his family wasn’t the answer .. they need Ray and Ray needs them .. Abby’s death left them splintered .. now, they have found their way back to one another ..

Even Mickey, during his recitation, shows the Brothers he may not have been as bad as they paint him to be ..

It was a wonderful ending to a great season .. gruesome, macabre, poignant and entertaining as hell ..

"I was there .."

Lena's revenge for Justine just added icing to the tale ..
Yeah I get it you liked it, I have no problem with that I simply don't share your enthusiasm. Ray was practically sleep walked or getting beaten[zombie Ray] the entire season till the titular kidnapping, while the rest of the characters basically picked up the tab and the story and carried it on, the same thing was going down the last season. Like I've said I wished the show was going a different direction by not killing Abby to begin with. Don't know if Paula just had other obligations or the show runners always had Abby dead in their mind, while the former would be understandable and they had to go with this direction, but if this was always in the cards I simply disagree with it and wished they went a different direction. Having said that based on what we knew of these characters prior to season 5 nothing that followed was out of their "universe" in fact as you said it was the obvious mood the show was to be continued in SE6 and it did.
Any case i'll be back the next season.

The Hun
post #1596 of 1601 Old 01-21-2019, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2383 Post(s)
Liked: 946
Abby and the kids are unpopular among many viewers.

In any event, the best thing for Bridget is to minimize contact with the family.
shivaji likes this.
post #1597 of 1601 Old 01-21-2019, 09:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
Abby and the kids are unpopular among many viewers.
I can see the kids being as such but Abby? Frankly Paula's performance was outstanding in this role, I would say the best overall , only Eddie Marsan and Jon Voight come close, though honestly I can't think of anybody being bad other than Devon Bagby [Conor].

The Hun
post #1598 of 1601 Old 01-21-2019, 11:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 2383 Post(s)
Liked: 946
Abby is always screeching at Ray.

However justified, it alienates some viewers.
post #1599 of 1601 Old 08-02-2019, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 4754 Post(s)
Liked: 4273
Shameless, Ray Donovan Get Fall Premiere Dates at Showtime

Season 7 of Ray Donovan kicks off on Sunday, Nov. 17th...

https://tvline.com/2019/08/02/shamel...date-showtime/
post #1600 of 1601 Old 08-15-2019, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Season 7- official teaser...returns on November 17th

Keenan, Ph8te, cardoski and 2 others like this.
post #1601 of 1601 Old 09-24-2019, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Season 7 Official Trailer

Keenan and Ph8te like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version