The Blacklist on NBC - Page 60 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 638Likes

post #1771 of 1794 Old 02-23-2019, 08:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Btw, could a woman stash a gallon-sized bag in her abdomen without suffering excruciating and disabling pain?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1772 of 1794 Old 02-23-2019, 10:24 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 143
I kept hoping the Russian or the other guy was going to kill Liz off. That would have been great to get rid of her, let Red loose from prison and let the games begin.
As you can tell, I can't stand Liz anymore. She obviously think she's all that a loaf of bread, a bag of chips, and a pizza. I hope this gets back to Red doing Red things and letting the FBI do clean up duty.

But I'm not sure where the show is headed now? I would imagine Red HAS to be released from prison... having him run things from prison would get boring IMO. Red gets released and back to normal? Or does he continue looking for the person who betrayed him? If he does that, then it'll be REAL interesting if/when he finds out Dembe betrayed him by keeping the secret of Liz. Maybe we'll end up seeing both Dembe and Liz disappearing.
post #1773 of 1794 Old 02-24-2019, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 277 Post(s)
Liked: 203
^^^
Last week’s previews of the coming show answered some of those questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1774 of 1794 Old 02-24-2019, 06:08 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3347 Post(s)
Liked: 1803
I thought that the recent two episodes were really good. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timokreon View Post
I kept hoping the Russian or the other guy was going to kill Liz off. That would have been great to get rid of her, let Red loose from prison and let the games begin.
As you can tell, I can't stand Liz anymore. She obviously think she's all that a loaf of bread, a bag of chips, and a pizza. I hope this gets back to Red doing Red things and letting the FBI do clean up duty.
Liz and Red are the only two characters that are untouchable until the end of the series. I could see Liz possibly being killed off a couple of episodes before the series finale.
jamawass likes this.

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
post #1775 of 1794 Old 02-24-2019, 06:15 AM
Rgb
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Liked: 615
James Spader is Da Man.

Non chalant insertion of a meat thermometer to take out a Bad Guy

Nice

(not a regular watcher, just caught this episode- plan to start watching the backlog)
aaronwt likes this.

Last edited by Rgb; 02-24-2019 at 06:19 AM.
post #1776 of 1794 Old 02-24-2019, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacojoe View Post
^^^
Last week’s previews of the coming show answered some of those questions.

Thanks for that info. I seem to always forget to watch the previews for next week. I watch every show by DVR, and once it's over I delete it. Guess I need to watch a few more minutes. lol

Yeah, I figure Liz is untouchable, but she could easily be replaced by pretty much anyone and the show would be as good if not better. Now Red.... I can't think of many, if anybody, who could replace Spader at this point and the show being just as good.

I'm curious how many seasons everyone thinks is left in the tank? I think another season or two.
post #1777 of 1794 Old 02-24-2019, 01:42 PM

I was thinking another year.
aaronwt likes this.

post #1778 of 1794 Old 02-24-2019, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 81
" I keep secrets, I don't share them", Dembe has really grown on me this season. I've thoroughly enjoyed this season especially the last two episodes although I think Dembe should've stayed 100% loyal to Red.
aaronwt likes this.
post #1779 of 1794 Old 02-24-2019, 10:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1510 Post(s)
Liked: 1371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacojoe View Post
Btw, could a woman stash a gallon-sized bag in her abdomen without suffering excruciating and disabling pain?
The week before, how does anyone have dozens of beetles eating them out from the inside without realizing it, without experiencing excruciating and disabling pain, until they start coming out of their mouths? There's often been an element of unbelievability and fantasy science in some of these blacklister cases, but it's starting to get a little over-the-top at this point.
post #1780 of 1794 Old 02-25-2019, 10:37 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 8838 Post(s)
Liked: 5628
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
The week before, how does anyone have dozens of beetles eating them out from the inside without realizing it, without experiencing excruciating and disabling pain, until they start coming out of their mouths? There's often been an element of unbelievability and fantasy science in some of these blacklister cases, but it's starting to get a little over-the-top at this point.
As has always been the case with TV shows.

53TB unRAID2--45TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #1781 of 1794 Old 04-02-2019, 07:42 PM

I really liked Samar. Oh well. I wonder if they will replace her.

Does she have something else lined up or just wanted to leave the show?

post #1782 of 1794 Old 04-03-2019, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post
I really liked Samar. Oh well. I wonder if they will replace her.

Does she have something else lined up or just wanted to leave the show?
It looks like she just asked to leave the show to move on to other things. I don't see anything significant coming up for her on her IMDb profile. https://www.tvguide.com/news/mozhan-marno-leaves-the-blacklist/

I thought those were two pretty solid, entertaining episodes this week. Her solo departure, without Aram, was very predictable, but otherwise a good episode that had me a little more on edge than I usually am for this show anymore.
aaronwt and Ericglo like this.
post #1783 of 1794 Old 04-03-2019, 12:50 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 75
I think if next season is the last for this show Aram will then leave to find his true love.
post #1784 of 1794 Old 04-20-2019, 06:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked: 479
I think I’m out on this one also. I’ve got 4 episodes backed up on the dvr.

Perhaps I misremembered.

post #1785 of 1794 Old 04-20-2019, 07:27 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 8838 Post(s)
Liked: 5628
I'm still enjoying this show. This has been a good season so far.
rezzy, gwsat, sparky7 and 3 others like this.

53TB unRAID2--45TB unRAID3--35TB unRAID1a
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #1786 of 1794 Old 04-20-2019, 08:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I'm still enjoying this show. This has been a good season so far.
Same here. Even though they've recycled the Fulcrum storyline from one of the early seasons, with a big conspiracy touching the highest levels of government, I'm glad to see baby Agnes written out of the show and to have Elizabeth no longer on some big revenge kick.

Though I still can't get over how every time a fully geared up tactical forces team breaches a hostile building on this show, Ressler is always near the front of the troops wearing his G-man suit and armed with just his pistol.
aaronwt, gwsat and John dhein like this.
post #1787 of 1794 Old 04-22-2019, 06:35 AM

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 4407 Post(s)
Liked: 5664
I too continue to enjoy The Blacklist. The wonderful James Spader could read me the phonebook and I'd be entertained and the show does just enough other stuff too, I still look forward to seeing it every week.
aaronwt likes this.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB and Terra Server 24 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player; Mac Mini HTPC. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+
post #1788 of 1794 Old 05-06-2019, 12:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 813 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Given the history of this show... I think that one thing we definitely know about Red is that virtually nothing Liz thinks she learned about him is true. The truth is still out there... I don't know how long they can keep milking this, though.
aaronwt likes this.
post #1789 of 1794 Old 05-06-2019, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
Given the history of this show... I think that one thing we definitely know about Red is that virtually nothing Liz thinks she learned about him is true. The truth is still out there... I don't know how long they can keep milking this, though.
I don't think the grandfather lied to Liz about who Red really is and why he assumed Reddington's identity. I think the only outstanding mystery right now is what happened to Liz's mom, Katerina, and where she is, assuming she still alive. I predict at the end of this season, Liz will find some evidence that Katerina is alive and that'll set the stage for next season's main storyline. But once that's resolved, I don't really know where they would go from there, unless this show focuses on the procedural aspects of catching blacklisters.
post #1790 of 1794 Old 05-06-2019, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 2253 Post(s)
Liked: 1701
Something about this episode reminded me of the UK series "Utopia" (now being remade by Amazon).
post #1791 of 1794 Old 05-06-2019, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Though I still can't get over how every time a fully geared up tactical forces team breaches a hostile building on this show, Ressler is always near the front of the troops wearing his G-man suit and armed with just his pistol.
And don't overlook that no matter how much he runs or fights, Ressler's hair does not move at all.

Looking forward to the final 2 episodes of the season.
aaronwt and Zookster like this.
post #1792 of 1794 Old 05-06-2019, 12:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 813 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Quote:
I don't think the grandfather lied to Liz about who Red really is and why he assumed Reddington's identity. I think the only outstanding mystery right now is what happened to Liz's mom, Katerina, and where she is, assuming she still alive. I predict at the end of this season, Liz will find some evidence that Katerina is alive and that'll set the stage for next season's main storyline. But once that's resolved, I don't really know where they would go from there, unless this show focuses on the procedural aspects of catching blacklisters.

I feel like the whole reason for the scene where Red wants grandpa to tell him exactly what he told Liz was so Red could sync up his lies... otherwise, if what grandpa told was the truth, Red would already know that story. I don't know for sure which way they are going with the story... but I feel confident that this particular reveal was pure nonsense.
post #1793 of 1794 Old 05-06-2019, 12:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
I feel like the whole reason for the scene where Red wants grandpa to tell him exactly what he told Liz was so Red could sync up his lies... otherwise, if what grandpa told was the truth, Red would already know that story. I don't know for sure which way they are going with the story... but I feel confident that this particular reveal was pure nonsense.
That may very well be the case, but Red might have just been trying to make sure he didn't say anything to give away details about Katarina's existence/whereabouts.
post #1794 of 1794 Old 05-06-2019, 06:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I noticed the title of this week's episode is "Anna McMahon." One of my theories is that Anna McMahon is Katarina, with the same kind of plastic surgery Red had. Red seems to know things about Anna and what she's up to without there being any kind of explanation as to how or why he knows it, including last week's episode when he said there was a connection between Anna and the Finder guy. I know it's pretty common that he doesn't explain how he gets his info about some of these blacklisters. But when it involves a bigger picture story arc, he usually does explain only because he often gets asked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page