2014 Formula 1 in HD - Page 156 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 418Likes

post #4651 of 6778 Old 06-08-2014, 10:43 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Two-tone red and black. biggrin.gif
Hmmmm.....maybe I can change my order?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4652 of 6778 Old 06-08-2014, 10:49 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Quoted: 5986 Post(s)
Liked: 5115
It will be mostly red. Shouldn't be a problem at all. biggrin.gif
post #4653 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 03:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 560 Post(s)
Liked: 864
On that crash right near the end, Vettel really lucked out. Massa went flying right in front of him, Seb could have easily wound up going right into Massa if he (Seb) was a teenie bit further down the track, or the opposite could have happend, if Massa was a teenie bit to the right he could have run right into Vettel. That was a real close one, Massa was moving really fast too.

never take life seriously
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4654 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 04:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1028
That was a great, wild finish to the race yesterday. Finally another team gets a win but only because the Mercs had issues. Speaking of which, how did they get Nico's car running good enough to stay ahead of Perez for so long after he went 3 secs. off the pace with Hamilton? I wonder if it might've been some sort of software issue on the cars given that both Mercs went down on power at the same time. They might've figured out what to do to work around the problem, Perez sure caught up to Nico quickly but then couldn't pass.
post #4655 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

On that crash right near the end, Vettel really lucked out. Massa went flying right in front of him, Seb could have easily wound up going right into Massa if he (Seb) was a teenie bit further down the track, or the opposite could have happend, if Massa was a teenie bit to the right he could have run right into Vettel.
Agreed, very close call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbiscuit View Post

That was a great, wild finish to the race yesterday. Finally another team gets a win but only because the Mercs had issues.
Exactly.
Only if the Mercs have issued will anyone be able to beat them this year.

Quote:
Speaking of which, how did they get Nico's car running good enough to stay ahead of Perez for so long after he went 3 secs. off the pace with Hamilton? I wonder if it might've been some sort of software issue on the cars given that both Mercs went down on power at the same time. They might've figured out what to do to work around the problem, Perez sure caught up to Nico quickly but then couldn't pass.
Here is a quote from NR after the race:

"What happened was that I lost the ERS and when you lose ERS then it doesn't harvest anymore and then all the braking on the rear is being done by the brakes and then the rear brakes overheated. So it was one problem and then the next problem happened. That just made it massively difficult. I needed to cool the brakes a lot, I lost a lot of power on the straights."
slowbiscuit likes this.
post #4656 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 05:51 AM

Very interesting comments from Newey:

A day after announcing that he would focus on things other than F1, Adrian Newey has revealed that the sport's new direction is behind his decision.

Ahead of Sunday's Canadian Grand Prix, Red Bull confirmed that although design chief Newey had signed a new multi-year contract, next season he would focus on other projects.

Explaining his decision, the Brit admitted that is basis largely on Formula One's "very restrictive" regulations.

He said: "When I was lad all I wanted to do was work in motor racing as a designer.

"I was lucky enough, when I graduated, to get into motor racing as an aerodynamicist, and I've been lucky enough to be in motor racing ever since.

"It's been a fantastic time. I've loved it, but that's the only job I have had, if you like, as a design engineer in motor racing.

"But I just feel, to be perfectly honest, the current regulations are very restrictive, which is a shame.

"It's difficult to find new areas to explore as they are so tight, more engine orientated. They need more of a fundamental re-think in my opinion."

He will, however, remain in an advisory role with Red Bull, whom he joined back in 2006 and played an instrumental role in the team's four successive Championship doubles.

"I will step back and take on much more of an advisory role and, if you like, mentoring some of my colleague engineers.

"If they have questions or would like advice then I'll be available to give that.

"We've a very good level of talent at Milton Keynes we have managed to develop and nurture over the past years.

"Hopefully that can continue to build, and there will be a reasonably smooth transition."

As for rumours earlier in the season that linked him to a move to Ferrari, he said: "There has been a lot said about Ferrari.

"The bottom line is I've been with Red Bull more or less right from the start (in 2006), very centrally involved in the team and how it has developed.

"So to walk away from that would feel a little like walking out on your wife or whatever."
post #4657 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeman View Post

On that crash right near the end, Vettel really lucked out. Massa went flying right in front of him, Seb could have easily wound up going right into Massa if he (Seb) was a teenie bit further down the track, or the opposite could have happend, if Massa was a teenie bit to the right he could have run right into Vettel. That was a real close one, Massa was moving really fast too.
Comments from Vettel:

Sebastian Vettel was "lucky" to finish the Canadian GP after almost being wiped out by the "flying" Felipe Massa.

Racing towards the chequered flag, Massa and Sergio Perez, who was struggling with the brakes of his Force India, collided.

The impact sent both drivers careening off the track with Vettel, who was just ahead of both and halfway through the corner, almost being collected by Massa.

The reigning World Champion took avoiding action and raced on to third place in the grand prix, which was won by his team-mate Daniel Ricciardo.

"Into Turn One, I saw they were very close to each other and then saw something white coming in my mirror," he revealed.

"At the last second, I reacted and basically turned right as Felipe was in the air, flying past.

"It was kinda surreal, but I was quite lucky as I saw him just in time."
post #4658 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 05:59 AM

More from MB about their car's failures:

Mercedes have revealed that "high-voltage control electronics failure led to a permanent loss of MGU-K drive" on both their cars at the Canadian Grand Prix.

Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton looked set for a battle royale for the race victory in Montreal, but the latter reported a loss of power on the 37th lap and it wasn't too long before his team-mate had the same issue.

Both continued to push hard and Hamilton tried to overtake Rosberg, but he made a mistake went sliding off and then reported problems with his breaks. He nursed his car back to garage, but had to retire.

Rosberg continued and although he managed to pick up his pace, but he was eventually caught by Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo on the penultimate lap and had to settle for second place.

According to BBC Sport, Mercedes reported that "high-voltage control electronics failure led to a permanent loss of MGU-K drive on that cars in today's race".

Mercedes co-boss Toto Wolff said: "We had a problem with both cars on the same lap. When Lewis pitted, because of pit stop, the temperatures rose too high in the brakes and he lost them. Nico saved it with a brilliant drive.

"We knew brakes could be an issue, but this particular issue occured because if you loses the MGU-K, it's much harder on the brakes. And with the rise in temperatures in the pits you end up having a real problem."

Despite the problems with their cars, both Rosberg and Hamilton continued to push hard and asked if the team should've deployed team orders to prevent them from damaging their cars further, Wolff replied: "We can discuss whether team orders will be good. We have followed the philosophy until now till now.

"We had two drivers who were perfect. You could have said maybe freezing order would help the end result, but that's not what we want to do and not what people want to see."

slowbiscuit and BornSlippyZ like this.
post #4659 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 06:22 AM

918 Spyder Review:

post #4660 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 06:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2652 Post(s)
Liked: 2521
I am hoping they will have a 918 on display in Monterey next week during the annual Porsche Parade gathering. I have seem a prototype in Las Vegas in December of 2012, but I assume there are production or near production models available by now. That would be VERY cool.
post #4661 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 08:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1061 Post(s)
Liked: 761
For all of you Lewis haters! wink.gif It seems the press has to hype everything. He gets on my nerves at times but I have always supported him since I read the article many years ago in the old F-1 magazine with the Ron Dennis interview. He mentions signing a kid from karting that was astoundingly fast.

yankeeman and TeflonSoul like this.
post #4662 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

I am hoping they will have a 918 on display in Monterey next week during the annual Porsche Parade gathering. I have seem a prototype in Las Vegas in December of 2012, but I assume there are production or near production models available by now. That would be VERY cool.
I think it would be a good bet there will be....wink.gif
post #4663 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 09:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

Pics, please.

Only got this pic. Didn't want to be a douche. It was a small restaurant and I don't think anyone even realized they were there.
BGLeduc and Tack like this.
post #4664 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebreeze View Post

Only got this pic. Didn't want to be a douche. It was a small restaurant and I don't think anyone even realized they were there.
Very cool, thanx.smile.gif
post #4665 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 09:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I think it would be a good bet there will be....wink.gif

If not, I have it on good authority that the Historic Display will have some amazing machinery. I am on the setup crew that gets to arrive at o'dark thirty and get the cars into position. I will be getting all kinds of handsy with some very cool Teutonic hot rods. :-)
post #4666 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1936 Post(s)
Liked: 2065
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post

If not, I have it on good authority that the Historic Display will have some amazing machinery. I am on the setup crew that gets to arrive at o'dark thirty and get the cars into position. I will be getting all kinds of handsy with some very cool Teutonic hot rods. :-)
Don't forget the pics. 😃
post #4667 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1315 Post(s)
Liked: 1135
Here are a few pics... I took hundreds of them and haven't sorted all out... sorry about the poor quality, I'm sure gprace will have much better ones, from where he was standing wink.gif ...It was very cool to be close to the track but it's hard to take good shots!

The event was awesome, just like the race.

...although I missed George Lucas, I did have a great time with gprace after the race. wink.gif Just a great day all around.

BGLeduc, Tack, yankeeman and 2 others like this.

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."- Victor Hugo.
post #4668 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 10:13 AM

Thanx, Morpheo.cool.gif

You got a lot closer to the cars than I did at Austin.
post #4669 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 11:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1827 Post(s)
Liked: 1876
What a tease.....

Scott Simonian likes this.
post #4670 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 12:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

You got a lot closer to the cars than I did at Austin.

I was indeed quite close and it was great for watching them (at the risk of sounding heretic, those um, power units still make somewhat of a nice sound when they pass by wink.gif) It might be cool to watch it on TV, but it's nothing compared to the actual cars when they're a few meters away. But still, I would have liked to end up with better pictures. Next year I'll take a grandstand and I'll use a different camera and zoom than my iPhone's smile.gif

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."- Victor Hugo.
post #4671 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

What a tease.....
LaFerrari seemed to be the quietest of the bunch, while the P1 and 918 sound almost identical (not a surprise).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

I was indeed quite close and it was great for watching them (at the risk of sounding heretic, those um, power units still make somewhat of a nice sound when they pass by wink.gif) It might be cool to watch it on TV, but it's nothing compared to the actual cars when they're a few meters away. But still, I would have liked to end up with better pictures. Next year I'll take a grandstand and I'll use a different camera and zoom than my iPhone's smile.gif
Don't feel bad....I still haven't figured out a way to post my Austin pics.rolleyes.gif
post #4672 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2110 Post(s)
Liked: 2140
I just got done watching the race on my DVR and boy was it good! The last part of the race I wasn't expecting at all!

Sweet pics, I wish I could be there one day! The races even attract Lucas, wow pretty cool!
post #4673 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ View Post

I just got done watching the race on my DVR and boy was it good! The last part of the race I wasn't expecting at all!

Sweet pics, I wish I could be there one day! The races even attract Lucas, wow pretty cool!
Maybe next year?
I don't think Montreal is too far from Cincy....
post #4674 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 01:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2110 Post(s)
Liked: 2140
Quote:

Maybe next year?
I don't think Montreal is too far from Cincy....

I don't think it is either! biggrin.gif
post #4675 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 02:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #4676 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 04:08 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3248 Post(s)
Liked: 2552
Great race. Mercedes domination. Ha!
Notice theres not the usual immediate post race post from Ericglo with the in your face Mercedes is great stuff. He must be sick.
Great to see Ricciardo get his first win. Vettel cannot be happy although he handled it well on the podium. Will RB still be suing Renault?
Raikkonen let me down once again.
Pretty cool seeing Jean Alesi do the post race interview.

Licence to Kill
post #4677 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 04:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)
Liked: 11043
Hi guys. Back from Montreal today. Had a great race and got to spend some time with Morpheo. We shared some beers, but , in honor of Oink, we did not eat any pig products. I have a few pictures for you (unedited) and will post more soon.

LG Oled65E6P, Arcam AVR400, OPPO UDP-203, ATV4, Samsung DVR, Rega P3 turntable, Bellari VP130 Phono Pre Amp, Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE Fronts, Vienna Acoustic Maestro Center, Vienna Acoustic Bach Rears, Rel T7i Sub, Bluesound Vault 2
post #4678 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Quoted: 5986 Post(s)
Liked: 5115
Awesome! Great pics. smile.gif

Wish I could make an F1 race but.... well, you know.
post #4679 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprace View Post

Hi guys. Back from Montreal today. Had a great race and got to spend some time with Morpheo. We shared some beers, but , in honor of Oink, we did not eat any pig products. I have a few pictures for you (unedited) and will post more soon.
Thanx for the pics....and for not upsetting my pen.

Nice to hear you 2 shared beers.cool.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Awesome! Great pics. smile.gif

Wish I could make an F1 race but.... well, you know.
Austin is a comin'.....

3 Day Pass (General Admission) is only $169.
http://circuitoftheamericas.com/f1/tickets
post #4680 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 06:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Nice to hear you 2 shared beers.cool.gif

And my favorite one is belgian wink.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page