2014 Formula 1 in HD - Page 157 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 418Likes

post #4681 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1936 Post(s)
Liked: 2065
Quote:
Originally Posted by gprace View Post

Hi guys. Back from Montreal today. Had a great race and got to spend some time with Morpheo. We shared some beers, but , in honor of Oink, we did not eat any pig products. I have a few pictures for you (unedited) and will post more soon.

Nice pics. Thanks for sharing over the weekend. Good to see you and Morpheo got to hang out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4682 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 06:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1315 Post(s)
Liked: 1135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 
Pretty cool seeing Jean Alesi do the post race interview.

Indeed! That was a nice surprise. Although I was hoping for a miracle regarding my team, I'm glad for Ricciardo. smile.gif

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."- Victor Hugo.
post #4683 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 07:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 4719 Post(s)
Liked: 6301
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheo View Post

And my favorite one is belgian wink.gif

Stella? Arguably the finest mass produced beer ever? I just had a little shiver. Going to the store now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4684 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 07:16 PM

BTW, we all put up with a lot of snoozers being F1 fans. Yesterdays race restored some faith in the formula. Glad that our forum members who trekked to the race got to see probably the most exiting race of the year. Ok now I'm going to the store. Stella Artois @ 33°F.
TeflonSoul likes this.
post #4685 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1315 Post(s)
Liked: 1135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tack View Post

Ok now I'm going to the store. Stella Artois @ 33°F.

Brown Leffe, look for the brown leffe instead - that's the one I was referring to wink.gif

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."- Victor Hugo.
post #4686 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:

Brown Leffe, look for the brown leffe instead - that's the one I was referring to wink.gif

post #4687 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Go to the store already !
post #4688 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 08:38 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3601 Post(s)
Liked: 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond 007 View Post

Great race. Mercedes domination. Ha!
Notice theres not the usual immediate post race post from Ericglo with the in your face Mercedes is great stuff. He must be sick.
Great to see Ricciardo get his first win. Vettel cannot be happy although he handled it well on the podium. Will RB still be suing Renault?
Raikkonen let me down once again.
Pretty cool seeing Jean Alesi do the post race interview.

Ummm no jerkwad.rolleyes.gif We had a bad thunderstorm and the the place I am living was without power all day and no internet till I got home tonight. I watched the race at the apartment that I am remodeling.

Great race and probably the best of the year. Amazing that the Mercs both had the same problem on the same lap. I wonder if someone was sabotaging the electronics from the grandstands.eek.gif

Honestly I was hoping that Perez would come through and win the race. It would have been cool to see Force India win a race. Even better is that would have put Ferrari in fourth place in the constructors title. I will defer to you guys that have rewatched it multiple times, as I thought Perez slowed and Massa was overly aggressive trying to make a pass. It really sucks for Williams as well. They could have used the points and I think Massa's credibility will take a hit.

Where did Button appear from? I half expected a couple more laps for him to be in the lead.tongue.gif

Congrats to DR and Vettel. DR really came through and looks like a potential future champion. My guess is RB has to be happy having the best F1 driver and this up and comer on their team.

Having fun playing the new mobile game Volley Village
post #4689 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 5299 Post(s)
Liked: 3037
Quote:

And my favorite one is belgian wink.gif
Quote:

Mmmmmm....smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

Ummm no jerkwad.rolleyes.gif
Just do what I did: put the kid on your "Block List."wink.gif

Quote:
I wonder if someone was sabotaging the electronics from the grandstands.eek.gif
I plead the 5th.

Quote:
Honestly I was hoping that Perez would come through and win the race. It would have been cool to see Force India win a race.
I would prefer The Hulk, but yeah, FI needs a break at some point.

Quote:
I thought Perez slowed and Massa was overly aggressive trying to make a pass.
My take as well.

Quote:
Where did Button appear from? I half expected a couple more laps for him to be in the lead.tongue.gif
I never will forget that rain delayed race of a couple of years ago.
post #4690 of 6778 Old 06-09-2014, 11:32 PM
Bass Enabler

Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Quoted: 5986 Post(s)
Liked: 5115
post #4691 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1830 Post(s)
Liked: 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericglo View Post

My guess is RB has to be happy having the best F1 driver and this up and comer on their team.

The best F1 driver? Did they hire a new driver I didn't hear about? Oh, you mean finger boy who has been getting stomped by the "up and comer" pretty much every weekend? That best driver? biggrin.gif

He's not even the best driver in his team, much less F1.

You, of all people, should get this. Look at your team this year. Completely dominating everyone else (when the car doesn't break). That was Seb the last 4 years. A completely dominant car over the rest of the field.

I think Lewis is a better driver than Seb, when he isn't pitching a fit. Actually, him and Seb are a lot alike in that regard. You didn't see that side of Seb in the previous years, because everything was going his way.
stevew24963 likes this.
post #4692 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 10:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

They may have the best car,but the best driver is a bit of a streach.
post #4693 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 10:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)
Liked: 11056
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew24963 View Post

They may have the best car,but the best driver is a bit of a streach.

My vote goes to Alonso. He seems to always get the best out of an uncompetitive car.smile.gif

LG Oled65E6P, Arcam AVR400, OPPO UDP-203, ATV4, Samsung DVR, Rega P3 turntable, Bellari VP130 Phono Pre Amp, Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand SE Fronts, Vienna Acoustic Maestro Center, Vienna Acoustic Bach Rears, Rel T7i Sub, Bluesound Vault 2
post #4694 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

My vote goes to Alonso. He seems to always get the best out of a uncompetitive car.smile.gif
I'd second that.
post #4695 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3248 Post(s)
Liked: 2552
Quote:

I'd second that.
Third that. Been sayin it for years. Pretty much since Schumacher retired...both times. I hate to say it but he may end up being known as the best driver ever to win only 2 World Drivers Championships.

Licence to Kill
post #4696 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 4471 Post(s)
Liked: 5820
I finally got around to seeing 1 and was blown away. It is the best documentary about racing I have ever seen, by far, and one of the best of any kind. This film is not to be missed by any F1 fan. It contains a number of interviews with and film of Niki Lauda and I was struck by how much Daniel Brühl, who played Lauda in Ron Howard's Rush looked and sounded like Lauda. It was erie. One interesting factoid I picked up from the film is that since the 1994 death of Aryton Senna no other F1 driver has been killed while racing. Given the sport's mayhem filled early years, that's not just surprising, it's damn near miraculous.

HT setup: Sony 75XBR X940D UHD HDR TV; Kaleidescape Strato Movie Server 6 TB and Terra Server 24 TB; Yamaha RX-A3060 AV receiver; Sonamp 2-1 2channel 100W power amp; Crestron Control System; 2 Rythmik FV18 subwoofers, 6 Hsu HB-1 Bookshelf speakers, 1 Hsu HC-1 Center speaker, 4 Focal ICW8 in-ceiling Atmos speakers; Oppo UDP-203 4K HDR BD player. TiVO Bolt 1TB DVR; TiVo Premiere Elite 2 TB DVR; Roku Premiere+; Apple TV 4K
post #4697 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 12:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1156 Post(s)
Liked: 787
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsat View Post

I finally got around to seeing 1 and was blown away. It is the best documentary about racing I have ever seen, by far, and one of the best of any kind. This film is not to be missed by any F1 fan. It contains a number of interviews with and film of Niki Lauda and I was struck by how much Daniel Brühl, who played Lauda in Ron Howard's Rush looked and sounded like Lauda. It was erie. One interesting factoid I picked up from the film is that since the 1994 death of Aryton Senna no other F1 driver has been killed while racing. Given the sport's mayhem filled early years, that's not just surprising, it's damn near miraculous.

Be sure and check this out as well, if you can: Hunt Vs Lauda: Grand Prix's Greatest Racing Rivals http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hunt-Vs-Lauda-Greatest-Official/dp/B00GZ3DJWW Unfortunately the BBC seems to have pulled it from youtube. Its a full hour just covering the Hunt and Lauda. What struck me is that Alastair Caldwell, McClaren's manager in '76, is STILL bitter over Ferrari's back room dealings back then! I think maybe it wasn't clear in the movie, but Ferrari actually edged out McClaren for the constructor's champion ship that year, despite Hunt winning the driver's.
post #4698 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #4699 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

The best F1 driver? Did they hire a new driver I didn't hear about? Oh, you mean finger boy who has been getting stomped by the "up and comer" pretty much every weekend? That best driver? biggrin.gif
You know it's more complicated than that...wink.gif

Quote:
He's not even the best driver in his team, much less F1.
I'll remember this when he starts driving for the Scuderia in 2016.tongue.gif

Quote:
I think Lewis is a better driver than Seb, when he isn't pitching a fit. Actually, him and Seb are a lot alike in that regard. You didn't see that side of Seb in the previous years, because everything was going his way.
SV is as petulant as LH?
I need a drink.....biggrin.gif

Quote:

My vote goes to Alonso. He seems to always get the best out of a uncompetitive car.smile.gif
Agreed.

Quote:

One interesting factoid I picked up from the film is that since the 1994 death of Aryton Senna no other F1 driver has been killed while racing. Given the sport's mayhem filled early years, that's not just surprising, it's damn near miraculous.
True.
I can't help wondering if we have been dodging bullets....

Quote:

Now this would be interesting. 😏
http://jalopnik.com/ferrari-might-announce-their-return-to-le-mans-this-wee-1588205423
I'm down with that.smile.gif
post #4700 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 02:09 PM

And speaking of SV and his future:

Red Bull played down suggestions that Sebastian Vettel is contemplating leaving the Milton Keynes outfit after Adrian Newey announced his decision to quit Formula One.

Newey announced at last week's Canadian Grand Prix that he will take on new projects for parent company Red Bull while only working with the F1 team in an advisory capacity.

Vettel was asked about his own future and how that ties in with Newey's decision, to which he responded: "Well, I think my contract's still long enough... I'm looking short-term if you ask me about the future right now."

While Vettel's comment suggests he has doubts about his future with Red Bull, Team Principal Christian Horner remains convinced that there is no reason to be concerned.

"Adrian is taking up a different role, he is not retiring completely from F1," Horner told Autosport.

"He is going to be mentoring and advising the team, and we have a great strength in depth.

"I think it is fantastic we are still going to have Adrian around and access to him, as the group continues to develop.

"It is exciting for Adrian to be involved in other projects as well, so I think the future is extremely bright.

"Sebastian is never going to talk about what the state of his contracts are, but he has enjoyed a huge amount of success with the team.

"And I have got no doubt that he will be with the team for many years to come."

Horner added that a new technical structure will be put in place at Red Bull later this year, he confirmed that they won't appoint a direct replacement for Newey.

"Adrian will be looking at some other projects that we will announce a bit later in the year, but we have tremendous strength and depth in the team and there is no plan to replace Adrian with anybody else," he said.

"Things will kick in from the beginning of next season.

"This year he is fully focused on F1."
post #4701 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1830 Post(s)
Liked: 1878
Quote:
Originally Posted by oink View Post

I'll remember this when he starts driving for the Scuderia in 2016.tongue.gif

And he still won't be the best driver in the team! biggrin.gif
post #4702 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I could watch Sennas in car quali lap over and over. What a beast !
post #4703 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 02:15 PM

Perez pushes back:

Sergio Perez claims Felipe Massa was the cause of their accident during the final stages of the Canadian Grand Prix and added that Rob Smedley's post-race comments were "misguided".

On the penultimate lap of last week's race in Montreal, Massa hit Perez's Force India and the duo slammed into the barriers with Williams revealing that force of Massa's impact was 27Gs.

The incident was investigated with the stewards putting the blame squarely on Perez, handing the Force India driver a five-place penalty for the next race in Austria, punishment which Massa claims was insufficient considering how "dangerous" the Mexican is on track.

After the race, Smedley described Perez's Force India as having a "fairly f*****g terminal problem" and claimed the issue with the brakes should have been enough for him to be called back to the garage.

Speaking to crash.net in the aftermath of Sunday's race in Canada, Perez has pointed the finger at Massa for the incident.

"It was very disappointing to lose such a strong result through no fault of our own," Perez said.

"I was following the same line and braking patterns as in the previous laps and I just got hit from behind by Massa. There was plenty of space on the left of my car to attempt a clean overtake and I cannot understand why he had to scrape by.

"I watched several replays of the incident and I can't help but notice how Felipe turns right just before he hits me. I can only think he must have changed his mind and wanted to rejoin the racing line, his misjudgement cost us a big amount of points.

"Also, I'm not happy about comments saying we should have retired the car. It was perfectly driveable with just some adjustments and we showed it up until the moment in which we were taken out. Other cars out there had been in similar conditions for way longer than us and they finished the race without problems.

"If someone thinks you can keep two Red Bulls behind for as long as we did with so-called 'terminal' problems, they are clearly misguided."
post #4704 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post

And he still won't be the best driver in the team! biggrin.gif
Are you certain FA will be there?wink.gif

Quote:

I could watch Sennas in car quali lap over and over. What a beast !
This!cool.gif
post #4705 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 02:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Perez pushes back:

Sergio Perez claims Felipe Massa was the cause of their accident during the final stages of the Canadian Grand Prix and added that Rob Smedley's post-race comments were "misguided".

On the penultimate lap of last week's race in Montreal, Massa hit Perez's Force India and the duo slammed into the barriers with Williams revealing that force of Massa's impact was 27Gs.

The incident was investigated with the stewards putting the blame squarely on Perez, handing the Force India driver a five-place penalty for the next race in Austria, punishment which Massa claims was insufficient considering how "dangerous" the Mexican is on track.

After the race, Smedley described Perez's Force India as having a "fairly f*****g terminal problem" and claimed the issue with the brakes should have been enough for him to be called back to the garage.

Speaking to crash.net in the aftermath of Sunday's race in Canada, Perez has pointed the finger at Massa for the incident.

"It was very disappointing to lose such a strong result through no fault of our own," Perez said.

"I was following the same line and braking patterns as in the previous laps and I just got hit from behind by Massa. There was plenty of space on the left of my car to attempt a clean overtake and I cannot understand why he had to scrape by.

"I watched several replays of the incident and I can't help but notice how Felipe turns right just before he hits me. I can only think he must have changed his mind and wanted to rejoin the racing line, his misjudgement cost us a big amount of points.

"Also, I'm not happy about comments saying we should have retired the car. It was perfectly driveable with just some adjustments and we showed it up until the moment in which we were taken out. Other cars out there had been in similar conditions for way longer than us and they finished the race without problems.

"If someone thinks you can keep two Red Bulls behind for as long as we did with so-called 'terminal' problems, they are clearly misguided."
After watching the replays a few times,I can't really see how Perez can be blamed for the crash. Maybe I'm wrong,I just don't see where he was at fault.
post #4706 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Well, he definitely moves left under braking (and he started braking early because he was having brake issues). But after watching it again I think Massa should have given him a wider berth while passing. No need to try and scrape by with a few inches to spare.
post #4707 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 02:34 PM

Start at the bottom.

TeflonSoul likes this.
post #4708 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 02:42 PM

^So, we have 2 guys trying to out-brake at the same time in the same turn.
post #4709 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Agreed that Alonso is probably the best driver out there regardless of the car he has. Lewis can drive as good as Alonso when he is right in the head...which is a week to week thing. Seb is awesome when he has a car he likes, and above average when he doesn't.

Seems like the race stewards, who had all the telemetry from both cars, all came to the same conclusion regarding Massa and Perez.
post #4710 of 6778 Old 06-10-2014, 02:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

^So, we have 2 guys trying to out-brake at the same time in the same turn.
Looks like a racing incident.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page