Forum Jump: 
 1318Likes

post #2971 of 2977 Old 12-06-2019, 08:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 109
I watched the first few seasons of Arrow, then stopped with about 5 episodes or so left in season 6 and only watched the Elseworlds episode and the last 5 minutes of the season finale in season 7. Season 8 for the most part did not require much knowledge of events in season 7. I could pick up most of what was needed easily enough. What I had seen in previous seasons was definitely good enough. I think the first episode this season of Arrow is the most important for Crisis - Arrow is on a mission to get something from Earth-2. I am glad I watched the episodes this season.

I have yet to watch any Batwoman and only watched the first episode of Supergirl so far. I may catch up later, but it is not a priority.

I am up to date on The Flash and am looking forward to seeing what they do with Crisis. I think there was absolutely no reason to show the Nash Wells scene at the end of every CW show. Except for the Bloodwork monster form being a bit over the top, I thought this season of The Flash has been decent. I especially liked that the first arc has wrapped up.

Black Lightning is consistently the best written of the CW shows. From the preview it definitely seems that the next episode sets up his appearance in the crossover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2972 of 2977 Old 12-09-2019, 01:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 861 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1812 View Post
Based on my viewing, this is the assumption I made. Nash assumed it was the Monitor that saved him.

And I think it is even more complicated than that... Nash has been searching for the Monitor thinking him to be the bad guy, kind of like Oliver was for a minute there... only, Nash finds the Anti-Monitor and where he is trapped... which is why the "Monitor" seems different and isn't on screen talking to Nash like all the other people he has interacted with... wanting Nash to "worship" him and such... and taking credit for the save to trick Nash into opening his cell and setting him free... and that leads to Nash becoming Pariah and paying penance for setting the Anti-Monitor free.

FYI, for anyone asking how Anti-Monitor could have been imprisoned and just now set free while all the other stuff had already happened... easy peasy... because he and the Monitor both have the ability to travel in time... so as soon as Nash sets Anti-Monitor free, dude goes back in time and starts destroying the stuff we've already seen being destroyed.

At least that's my off-screen-implied take on things.
aaronwt likes this.
post #2973 of 2977 Old 12-11-2019, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2080 Post(s)
Liked: 2685
I really enjoyed this episode of the flash with the cross over event. Guest star was a massive surprise.
Spoiler!

Probably the best of the cross over events so far and best episode of this cross over event. I was actually engaged the entire episode.
aaronwt and nottenst like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2974 of 2977 Old 12-11-2019, 12:14 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 4658 Post(s)
Liked: 3527
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
I really enjoyed this episode of the flash with the cross over event. Guest star was a massive surprise.
Spoiler!
Yeah, that was very unexpected. It took me a minute to remember how that show is based on a comic which is technically published by DC (via its Vertigo imprint).

Josh Z
Television and Home Theater Writer/Editor, Primetimer.com

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whoever they may be.
post #2975 of 2977 Old 12-12-2019, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Yeah, that was very unexpected. It took me a minute to remember how that show is based on a comic which is technically published by DC (via its Vertigo imprint).
I yelled with delight at seeing it and it was loads of fun - my favorite crossover. On top of it all, apparently the actors involved kept it quite hush-hush and denied it occurring.
aaronwt likes this.
post #2976 of 2977 Old 12-12-2019, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 4658 Post(s)
Liked: 3527
Quote:
Originally Posted by nottenst View Post
I yelled with delight at seeing it and it was loads of fun - my favorite crossover. On top of it all, apparently the actors involved kept it quite hush-hush and denied it occurring.
I didn't catch the Watchmen easter egg.

https://news.avclub.com/crisis-on-in...t-o-1840373132

Josh Z
Television and Home Theater Writer/Editor, Primetimer.com

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whoever they may be.
post #2977 of 2977 Old 01-08-2020, 04:38 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 2080 Post(s)
Liked: 2685
Glad this one was renewed, this is one of my favorite CW DC shows out there. Something about it I still enjoy.

https://deadline.com/2020/01/the-cw-...an-1202823557/
aaronwt likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
the cw , the flash

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page