Forum Jump: 
 1318Likes

post #121 of 2977 Old 10-20-2014, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 101
P.S. Oh and looks like all hope is lost (not that there was one but a fanboy can dream) for a tie-in to the DC universe. They posted their movie plans through 2020 and cast their own Flash for a movie.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” directed by Zack Snyder (2016)
“Suicide Squad,” directed by David Ayer (2016)
“Wonder Woman,” starring Gal Gadot (2017)
“Justice League Part One,” directed by Zack Snyder, with Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams reprising their roles (2017)
“The Flash,” starring Ezra Miller (2018)
“Aquaman,” starring Jason Momoa (2018)
“Shazam” (2019)
“Justice League Part Two,” directed by Zack Snyder (2019)
“Cyborg,” starring Ray Fisher (2020)
“Green Lantern” (2020)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 2977 Old 10-20-2014, 10:58 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Yea the Actor who plays Arrow said at SDCC that the tv universe would be different. It would be so much easier to let these guys be in the movie..less time introducing their characters.

Also Episode 8 on both Flash and Arrow will be a Flash v Arrow crossover.
post #123 of 2977 Old 10-20-2014, 05:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1151 Post(s)
Liked: 1394
One thing to remember is Superman was a creation of the late 1930s, a more simple time. If he was created today I suspect his non-Superman appearance would be more sophisticated than just eyeglasses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 2977 Old 10-20-2014, 06:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I am not sure I understand all these talks about disguises. For me it doesn't matter if the characters in the show don't recognize the super hero even though he looks or sounds very familiar (to you the audience watching the show). That's part of the magic. I know it's impossible not recognize Superman as Clark Kent or Clark Kent as Superman, but who cares. I know wrestling is not real. Kung fu movies are not real. But I still enjoy them.

What I do know is I hate it when revelations are made too quickly.
post #125 of 2977 Old 10-20-2014, 10:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1860 Post(s)
Liked: 1650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidt1 View Post
What I do know is I hate it when revelations are made too quickly.
I guess I'm the opposite: I hate it when "mysteries" drag on for too long. It's not enjoyable to watch a show where half of the cast doesn't know what's going on and half of the lead character's time is spent making stupid excuses for what's really going on to the people who aren't in the know. Too many shows have already followed that paradigm, so just let the principal cast know what the score is so everybody can work together to solve whatever problems are introduced, rather than having the less important characters constantly undermining the leads' progress.

Spoiler!
Machuran likes this.
post #126 of 2977 Old 10-21-2014, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
I guess I'm the opposite: I hate it when "mysteries" drag on for too long. It's not enjoyable to watch a show where half of the cast doesn't know what's going on and half of the lead character's time is spent making stupid excuses for what's really going on to the people who aren't in the know. Too many shows have already followed that paradigm, so just let the principal cast know what the score is so everybody can work together to solve whatever problems are introduced, rather than having the less important characters constantly undermining the leads' progress.

Spoiler!
Exactly and I'm hoping she'll find out soon since she's the only main character left out of the group.
post #127 of 2977 Old 10-21-2014, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett Adams View Post
One thing to remember is Superman was a creation of the late 1930s, a more simple time. If he was created today I suspect his non-Superman appearance would be more sophisticated than just eyeglasses.
The irony is that Tony Stark has the best superhero disguise but gave away his identity on purpose just to appease his ego!

post #128 of 2977 Old 10-21-2014, 08:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Ok, so this show is really good but two things that are already getting to be a bit much. First is Cisco (Sisco, or however it's spelled). As another poster mentioned, his smiling all the time is now officially worn out. And again, not only the "I just happen to have this gizmo or I just happen to have what I need to build it" thing is also getting worn out but the need to ramble the techno-bable behind it is just really making me not care for the character. You're a smart gadget guy, we get it. Keep it moving. Secondly, a meta human every episode is a bit much. I don't need that nor do I necessarily need to see Barry run and save something every episode. I really hope this is not how the whole season is laid out. Comparatively, this is something Agents of Shield has gotten right from the beginning. That being said, there are a lot of things about this show that I like and I figure like any new program, there are a few kinks early on that often get corrected as the season progresses.
post #129 of 2977 Old 10-21-2014, 09:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closet Geek View Post
Secondly, a meta human every episode is a bit much. I don't need that nor do I necessarily need to see Barry run and save something every episode. I really hope this is not how the whole season is laid out. Comparatively, this is something Agents of Shield has gotten right from the beginning.
SHIELD was solely a weekly procedural for the first half of the first season, and it wasn't until they started playing up the movie connections that any semblance of structure got introduced. Just look at all the complaining we did when the show started. SHIELD has evolved since then, and I hope this show does, too. I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but there's still plenty of time for Flash to leave Dullville faster than SHIELD did. If it's still procedural by the time April rolls around, then it'll be falling behind, but SHIELD definitely didn't get it right from the beginning, either.
post #130 of 2977 Old 10-21-2014, 09:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked: 610
Still greatly enjoying the show. How soon does Ronny reappear? In what form?
post #131 of 2977 Old 10-22-2014, 04:31 AM

Quoted: 2076 Post(s)
Liked: 2675
They just gave The Flash a full season order!
Phantom Stranger likes this.

post #132 of 2977 Old 10-22-2014, 05:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 363 Post(s)
Liked: 193
Something really bugged me about last night's episode.

The part where he saves his dad's partner by giving him the antidote but completely ignored the correction's officer who was also poisoned seconds before was interesting to say the least. The writers really need to 'work 'on some of these plot structure oversights.
post #133 of 2977 Old 10-22-2014, 05:47 AM
DDD

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post

The part where he saves his dad's partner by giving him the antidote but completely ignored the correction's officer who was also poisoned seconds before was interesting to say the least. The writers really need to 'work 'on some of these plot structure oversights.
I think he was already dead by the time he got there. Of course, we are only talking seconds here.

Did anyone else get a deja vu seeing Dr. Wells wheeling himself into the particle accelerator? A certain Xavier and Cerebro?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	patrick-stewart-as-professor-charles-xavier.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	324426  
post #134 of 2977 Old 10-22-2014, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Secondly, a meta human every episode is a bit much. I don't need that nor do I necessarily need to see Barry run and save something every episode. I really hope this is not how the whole season is laid out. Comparatively, this is something Agents of Shield has gotten right from the beginning. That being said, there are a lot of things about this show that I like and I figure like any new program, there are a few kinks early on that often get corrected as the season progresses.
Yah I can think of a number of shows, including SHIELD and even Fringe, that started out monster of the week and became more arc-based. Maybe, just maybe, these first few episodes of metahuman of the week are intended to get Barry to stretch his legs, so to speak. Captain Cold has the potential to at least be a mini-arc, from the looks of it.

It's crazy they "killed off" (yes, in quotes, b/c who is ever really dead in comics) two major super villains. I suspect time travel will eventually rear its head in this show. They've already given a nod to Flash's cosmic treadmill...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
Yes, I am thinking so...
Spoiler!

Quote:

I mentioned that to my friend. That it was convenient Iris' dad didn't die instantly like the guard.

And for Easter Egg seeking folks, the line near the beginning about Barry "not needing a museum" was a nod to the fact that every Flash comic supposedly has a Flash museum drawn somewhere in a panel's background.
post #135 of 2977 Old 10-22-2014, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 4641 Post(s)
Liked: 3507
Didn't care much for this episode. The villain was cheesy, and the "I'll beat him my making him run around until he gets tired" climax was really lame.

However, the reveal that Dr. Wells intentionally caused the particle accelerator meltdown in order to create The Flash was interesting. Just how much does this guy know from the future? Was he also aware of all the meta-human villains he'd create? Is he evil, and if so, how evil?
slowbiscuit and Davidt1 like this.

Josh Z
Television and Home Theater Writer/Editor, Primetimer.com

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whoever they may be.
post #136 of 2977 Old 10-22-2014, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Didn't care much for this episode. The villain was cheesy, and the "I'll beat him my making him run around until he gets tired" climax was really lame.

However, the reveal that Dr. Wells intentionally caused the particle accelerator meltdown in order to create The Flash was interesting. Just how much does this guy know from the future? Was he also aware of all the meta-human villains he'd create? Is he evil, and if so, how evil?
I thought this episode was a bit crap too. Boring villain with another uninteresting ability and lazy transformation effect. Made worse by the fact at times his body was creating more gas volume than it could hold and it was also moving as fast as Barry was.

Wells made this episode far more interesting with the clues being dropped. At one point after he said "It seems like I've been waiting for this for centuries" (or something similar) it seemed as if he nodded towards the audience. Is Wells from the future and was stranded in the past? Maybe Barry is not only the thing that can get him back to his time but also the superhero who stranded him in the past during the Crisis event hinted at in the first episode?

post #137 of 2977 Old 10-22-2014, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 7336 Post(s)
Liked: 16710
Remember last week when Wells stood up and stabbed William Sadler? Right before he knifed him he said, "he's known as The Flash. Or at least he will be." Wells seems to know The Flash's future and has plans for Barry. Now are they honorable or nefarious plans? I'm leaning towards nefarious.

post #138 of 2977 Old 10-22-2014, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Remember last week when Wells stood up and stabbed William Sadler? Right before he knifed him he said, "he's known as The Flash. Or at least he will be." Wells seems to know The Flash's future and has plans for Barry. Now are they honorable or nefarious plans? I'm leaning towards nefarious.
He could have killed him by now so Wells is clearly waiting for something. A point in time perhaps?

Wells could be planning to suck out Barry's power at some point and could be the guy who kills his mom. But if he does that then it starts the entire Flash legacy and we know that Flash will survive long into the future because we saw the future headline in the first episode.

post #139 of 2977 Old 10-22-2014, 04:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
Hopefully soon enough, we all know he's going to come back with the way they set it up.
post #140 of 2977 Old 10-22-2014, 07:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 209
I am surprised no one has mentioned it but correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the last villain defeated by tiring him out as well and the first one too?

Also now they are imprisoning people themselves? So much for rule of law, not even a debate. How are they going to feed them?

As for Shield, as I stated in that thread, no Nick Fury and his classic support characters and villains makes the show a no watch for me. Being forced to conform to film tie-ins killed what could of been awesome. It's like making Arrow without Green Arrow.
Quote:

Yeah I noticed that as well, Barry did not even check him. They could of made the show more mature by showing a painful choice Barry had to make..

Last edited by wuther; 10-22-2014 at 07:46 PM.
post #141 of 2977 Old 10-22-2014, 09:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Silly Stephen, you're supposed to teleport out of the reactor before it explodes. All that Tomorrow Person training didn't do much good, I guess.
post #142 of 2977 Old 10-23-2014, 05:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 338 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Is he evil, and if so, how evil?
He is the Diet Coke of Evil. Sorry, I couldn't resist.
post #143 of 2977 Old 10-23-2014, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Silly Stephen, you're supposed to teleport out of the reactor before it explodes. All that Tomorrow Person training didn't do much good, I guess.
Clearly the accelerator had some of those LEDs stuck to the walls that stop all brain powers because they are blue.

Wells saw the future and bought up the remaining stock when Ultra went out of business.

post #144 of 2977 Old 10-23-2014, 08:21 AM

Quoted: 2076 Post(s)
Liked: 2675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Of course he does, they showed him going into his special room, standing up, approaching a machine, and the machine showing him a newspaper headline from the future stating the Flash is missing with a picture of the flash.

post #145 of 2977 Old 10-23-2014, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
To be fair, that show had inconsistent uses of power.
post #146 of 2977 Old 10-23-2014, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

This is pure speculation on my part, but I think Wells might be a villain from one possible future whose existence depends on the Flash being a hero, so he's orchestrating events to ensure that happens. This kind of creates the Terminator paradox, but one can't think about it too hard.

Last edited by bpeacock22; 10-23-2014 at 09:47 AM.
post #147 of 2977 Old 10-23-2014, 10:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1586 Post(s)
Liked: 1894
Quote:
I'll admit it was nice seeing Robbie Amell again. Now if they could somehow manage to get Peyton List on The Flash I'd be extremely happy

"we're still here!" "no days off" "yada, yada yada..."
post #148 of 2977 Old 10-23-2014, 01:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by replayrob View Post
I'll admit it was nice seeing Robbie Amell again. Now if they could somehow manage to get Peyton List on The Flash I'd be extremely happy
Maybe she will be his evil new girlfriend when he unavoidably reappears as a villainous meta human.
post #149 of 2977 Old 10-23-2014, 07:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Quote:
Secondly, a meta human every episode is a bit much. I don't need that nor do I necessarily need to see Barry run and save something every episode. I really hope this is not how the whole season is laid out. Comparatively, this is something Agents of Shield has gotten right from the beginning.
SHIELD was solely a weekly procedural for the first half of the first season, and it wasn't until they started playing up the movie connections that any semblance of structure got introduced. Just look at all the complaining we did when the show started. SHIELD has evolved since then, and I hope this show does, too. I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but there's still plenty of time for Flash to leave Dullville faster than SHIELD did. If it's still procedural by the time April rolls around, then it'll be falling behind, but SHIELD definitely didn't get it right from the beginning, either.

I largely agree with your comments but my reference to SHIELD "getting it right" was basically about not utilizing a supe every week, that's all.
post #150 of 2977 Old 10-23-2014, 08:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hmm... that's been a major complaint regarding what SHIELD has done wrong so far in many people's eyes, but I never saw it as a particularly significant flaw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
the cw , the flash

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page