post #2911 of 2947 Old 03-13-2019, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4383 Post(s)
Liked: 3335
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
Barry and his "Please mister bad guy, let me give you this potion then you wont be a bad guy.." and then "I'm a father too, be a good guy..." What dreck. How many people has he killed? Yet give him a chance? They don't seem to have an issue locking metas up, but they have to ask is they can cure them?
Also, Joe and Cecile letting Dr. Ambress go after she agrees to set up a meeting with Cicada. The woman was an accessory to multiple murders. She should be going to prison.

Josh Z
Television and Home Theater Writer/Editor, Primetimer.com

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whoever they may be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2912 of 2947 Old 03-13-2019, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1949 Post(s)
Liked: 2449
‘The Flash’ to Change Showrunners Ahead of Season 6
By Joe Otterson, Variety.com - Mar. 12, 2019

“The Flash” showrunner Todd Helbing is stepping down, with Eric Wallace being promoted to helm the DC series for its upcoming sixth season, Variety has confirmed.

Helbing has been the showrunner on “The Flash” for two seasons. After his exit, he will develop new projects under his overall deal at Warner Bros. Television. His other credits include “Black Sails” and “Spartacus.”

“From his first day on ‘The Flash,’ Todd Helbing has been a leader on the show, beloved by the cast and crew for his exceptional talent, vision and wonderful attitude,” series executive producer Greg Berlanti said. “We are all sad to see him go, but we will all be better for the many shows he will no doubt create and run in the future.”

Wallace joined “The Flash” in Season 4 as a co-executive producer and most recently served as executive producer alongside Helbing in Season 5. Wallace will serve as the sole showrunner for the series beginning in Season 6.

“Eric Wallace has proven his own exceptional talent and voice since season four, and we couldn’t be more thrilled to watch how he shapes the future of Team Flash and the many thrilling adventures that lay ahead for our characters and dedicated fans,” said Berlanti.

News of the showrunner change on “The Flash” comes just days after it was announced that fellow CW show “Arrow,” which spawned “The Flash,” will end after a 10-episode eighth season.

The Hollywood Reporter first reported the showrunner change.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/the...-6-1203161476/

post #2913 of 2947 Old 03-14-2019, 09:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post
My finger lingered over the red delete series button tonight, I came real close to dumping this mess. Barry and his "Please mister bad guy, let me give you this potion then you wont be a bad guy.." and then "I'm a father too, be a good guy..." What dreck. How many people has he killed? Yet give him a chance? They don't seem to have an issue locking metas up, but they have to ask is they can cure them?

This show used to be a fun diversion with barely passable writing, not so anymore.
I know it's time when I spend most of the episode on my phone playing on social media. I don't recall how many times I rewound to see what I'd missed. I had successfully stopped watching in fall of 2017, but let the episodes build on the dvr and wound up catching up over the holidays.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2914 of 2947 Old 03-14-2019, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 409 Post(s)
Liked: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1812 View Post
I know it's time when I spend most of the episode on my phone playing on social media. I don't recall how many times I rewound to see what I'd missed. I had successfully stopped watching in fall of 2017, but let the episodes build on the dvr and wound up catching up over the holidays.
Yup, b/w Flash and Arrow, I get a lot of time in playing word games on my phone lol

Cheers
post #2915 of 2947 Old 03-14-2019, 11:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Now they've cured Cicada/Orlin, but his daughter appears from 15+ years in the future? Will they still try to cure her in her youth?
post #2916 of 2947 Old 03-15-2019, 03:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1849 Post(s)
Liked: 1642
Apparently not only does running really fast let you time travel, but so does wheezing. You can't argue with science!
post #2917 of 2947 Old 04-17-2019, 12:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 705 Post(s)
Liked: 583
What an awful episode. FF through 90% of of it. Really don't care if I ever see Nora again. At this point I'll finish out the season and dump it. Show used to be a little fun, now not so much.
post #2918 of 2947 Old 04-17-2019, 07:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 864 Post(s)
Liked: 853
I actually enjoyed Nora in the future and the camaraderie with her partner. It was a nice break from the regular angsty group.

But, man, someone needs to show her how to fake run. She chops her hands up and down like she’s pounding something on a table. And her future self had a pony tail that just stayed laying down as she zipped around at super speed.
aaronwt, phildaant and WilliamR like this.
post #2919 of 2947 Old 04-17-2019, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 310
I’ve stopped watching, it lost its appeal this season for me.

Display : JVC X7000 Projector | SE 103" Enlightor 4k | LG 65B6 OLED |
Sources : Panasonic UDP 700 & Vertex| Apple TV4k | HTPC | Sky Q UHD Satellite | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Marantz 8802A | Genelec 8050 LCR | Monitor Audio IDC Sides & Rears | Seaton Sub Master/Slave |
post #2920 of 2947 Old 04-18-2019, 12:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
I actually enjoyed Nora in the future and the camaraderie with her partner. It was a nice break from the regular angsty group.
I also enjoyed the episode and am still intrigued as to how things will develop.

I am enjoying this season more than last one with DeVoe and all of the idiotic things they had the characters do in order to not stop him.
aaronwt, Josh Z, phildaant and 1 others like this.
post #2921 of 2947 Old 05-16-2019, 09:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 844 Post(s)
Liked: 652
So... about that finale... and I'm going to spoiler tag my remaining comments just in case the stragglers haven't watched this week yet...

Spoiler!
aaronwt, PaulGo and phildaant like this.
post #2922 of 2947 Old 05-16-2019, 09:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 78
I still don't get how Thawn is still around at all, wasn't the events in the first season to remove him from the timeline completely? Also he isn't supposed to look like Wells anymore either.
post #2923 of 2947 Old 05-17-2019, 01:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Meh. I forced myself to finish the season, I did, I'm pretty sure I'm out.
post #2924 of 2947 Old 05-17-2019, 06:16 AM

Liked: 205
Horrible finale. Horrible season. May finally be time to jump ship. Shame, was such a good show early on.

Cheers
post #2925 of 2947 Old 05-17-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMe2 View Post
So... about that finale... and I'm going to spoiler tag my remaining comments just in case the stragglers haven't watched this week yet...
Your first mistake was trying to make sense out of the time travel nonsense in this show, which has never made any sense.
aaronwt, mike1812 and HDMe2 like this.

Josh Z

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whoever they may be.
post #2926 of 2947 Old 05-17-2019, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Yes, the time travel impacts in the show are inconsistent and in this episode in particular did not make all that much sense. Still, I can attempt to explain about when the dagger disappeared, which may have been how they were writing things. It seemed that time for Nora in 2049 was passing one to one with time she spent in 2019. So, she was always arriving back how many days or hours later than she left. Possibly some speed force quantum entanglement. Since she was involved in the destruction of the dagger, she would see the immediate impact of that at only the proper time in 2049 after her last appearance there. This happened to be right at the moment before the execution. They of course, arrived some time later but were able to roll back events to undo the killing of the guards.

Events move at the speed of plot.
Josh Z likes this.
post #2927 of 2947 Old 05-17-2019, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nottenst View Post
Events move at the speed of plot.
I like that. Very well put.

Josh Z

post #2928 of 2947 Old 05-17-2019, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 320
I always like to trot out the Captain Janeway line "Time travel gives me a headache." The Flash uses the Butterfly Effect indiscriminately and without reason.

I also don't get why Cisco didn't want to be Vibe. What a cool character! But as we all know, The Flash writers will try to reverse stupid plot points so I predict that he will vibe again next year.
post #2929 of 2947 Old 05-17-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeewing View Post
I also don't get why Cisco didn't want to be Vibe. What a cool character! But as we all know, The Flash writers will try to reverse stupid plot points so I predict that he will vibe again next year.
Considering all of his random absences this year, I wonder if something is going on behind-the-scenes and Carlos Valdes wants off the show. Even without his Vibe powers, there's no reason Cisco would have to leave the team, but his last scene with Caitlin sure felt like a goodbye. I think maybe the writers were leaving him an out in case he doesn't come back.

Josh Z

post #2930 of 2947 Old 05-17-2019, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Considering all of his random absences this year, I wonder if something is going on behind-the-scenes and Carlos Valdes wants off the show. Even without his Vibe powers, there's no reason Cisco would have to leave the team, but his last scene with Caitlin sure felt like a goodbye. I think maybe the writers were leaving him an out in case he doesn't come back.
The rumormill has speculated that Valdes is leaving after this season, though neither he or the show have said anything concerning Cisco's future.

Dazed and confused over high tech.

Sigh...Concrap. The Internet Overlord Cometh
They're not com-tastic!
post #2931 of 2947 Old 05-18-2019, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Yeah, I found the Vibe thing toally stupid. Vibe has helped in many ways since his introduction. Vibe is kind of cool, now we get "I just want to be a regular guy.." yeah sure. So just don't "Vibe" all the time - don't give up a valuable ability.
aaronwt likes this.
post #2932 of 2947 Old 05-19-2019, 02:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 844 Post(s)
Liked: 652
All the rumor mill has "Cisco" leaving the show... no reason attached, but the way he was written the back-half of the season (lots of absences, being cured, etc.) seem to support that... and they didn't kill him off in case the actor wants to come back, which makes it seem like an amicable split as opposed to an actor having troubles and demanding to be written out.
post #2933 of 2947 Old 05-20-2019, 06:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 149
Maybe he's running away with Felicity. Guess they don't need the money. (Must be nice.)

YOU ARE READING AVS FORUM

post #2934 of 2947 Old 09-20-2019, 06:27 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 4984 Post(s)
Liked: 4465
Smallville's Tom Welling to Reprise Superman Role for Arrowverse 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' Crossover

On the heels of news that both Tyler Hoechlin and Brandon Routh will be slipping back into their Superman tights for Arrowverse‘s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover, TVLine can confirm that Smallville vet Tom Welling will also reprise his signature Man of Steel role in the five-part event...per The CW, the crossover will “reveal what happened to Clark Kent almost ten years” after the conclusion of Smallville

“Crisis on Infinite Earths” kicks off Sunday, Dec. 8 with an episode of Supergirl, then continues with a Monday episode of Batwoman and that Tuesday’s The Flash. After a month-long holiday break, it concludes with the Jan. 14 episode of Arrow followed by a special installment of Legends of Tomorrow (which premieres at midseason)…

https://tvline.com/2019/09/19/tom-we...an-smallville/
aaronwt and phildaant like this.
post #2935 of 2947 Old 09-20-2019, 06:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1059 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusTroy View Post
Smallville's Tom Welling to Reprise Superman Role for Arrowverse 'Crisis on Infinite Earths' Crossover

On the heels of news that both Tyler Hoechlin and Brandon Routh will be slipping back into their Superman tights for Arrowverse‘s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover, TVLine can confirm that Smallville vet Tom Welling will also reprise his signature Man of Steel role in the five-part event...per The CW, the crossover will “reveal what happened to Clark Kent almost ten years” after the conclusion of Smallville

“Crisis on Infinite Earths” kicks off Sunday, Dec. 8 with an episode of Supergirl, then continues with a Monday episode of Batwoman and that Tuesday’s The Flash. After a month-long holiday break, it concludes with the Jan. 14 episode of Arrow followed by a special installment of Legends of Tomorrow (which premieres at midseason)…

https://tvline.com/2019/09/19/tom-we...an-smallville/
But will Tom wear Superman suit finally?
post #2936 of 2947 Old 09-20-2019, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
But will Tom wear Superman suit finally?
I'm going to guess Yes...I don't even watch these CW shows and I feel like watching Crisis on Infinite Earths...sounds pretty cool...
post #2937 of 2947 Old 09-20-2019, 08:33 AM

Quote:

On the heels of news that both Tyler Hoechlin and Brandon Routh will be slipping back into their Superman tights for Arrowverse‘s “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover
Brandon Routh is already part of the Arrowverse. Will he be playing both Superman and Ray Palmer?
aaronwt and phildaant like this.

Josh Z

post #2938 of 2947 Old 09-20-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Brandon Routh is already part of the Arrowverse. Will he be playing both Superman and Ray Palmer?
the article says that Routh will be pulling double duty as both Atom and the Kingdom Come version of Superman...
aaronwt likes this.
post #2939 of 2947 Old 09-20-2019, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
the article says that Routh will be pulling double duty as both Atom and the Kingdom Come version of Superman...
There are most likely quite a few actors pulling double or triple (or even more) duty in this crossover.
aaronwt likes this.
post #2940 of 2947 Old 09-20-2019, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1059 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Are we going to have multiple Supermans? :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags