post #2941 of 2951 Old 09-20-2019, 01:43 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6223 Post(s)
Liked: 6897
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
But will Tom wear Superman suit finally?
I think he already did. Briefly in the series finale. Maybe the final scene, hanging in the air in the classic Superman "floating" pose - one leg straight, one knee bent? I think he may have just saved an airplane or something. Seems I remember that image...

Last edited by archiguy; 09-20-2019 at 02:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2942 of 2951 Old 09-20-2019, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1060 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
I think he already did. Briefly in the series finale. Maybe the final scene, hanging in the air in the classic Superman "floating" pose - one leg straight, one knee bent? Seems I remember that image...
I don't. I only remember the suit not being worn and that CGI. Meh. We want a lot of scenes with him wearing it!
post #2943 of 2951 Old 09-20-2019, 02:35 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 4988 Post(s)
Liked: 4465
Smallville's Lois and Clark Reunite!

more news...Erica Durance is on board to reprise her role as Lois Lane, guest-starring in multiple episodes of the five-part Crisis on Infinite Earths event...as mentioned with Thursday’s announcement that Tom Welling will play Clark Kent in the crossover, viewers will see where these characters are almost 10 years after Smallville ended...

https://tvline.com/2019/09/20/erica-...ne-smallville/
Dmon4u and aaronwt like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2944 of 2951 Old 09-26-2019, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 4988 Post(s)
Liked: 4465
Smallville alum Erica Durance shared a photo of her and former costar Tom Welling presumably on the set of the Arrowverse’s five-part “Crisis on Infinite Earths” crossover, which started production this week...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B24bciDD...campaign=dlfix
Dmon4u and aaronwt like this.
post #2945 of 2951 Old 10-30-2019, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Fell asleep watching last night's episode and woke to the most over maudlin acted scene between Barry and Joe. Barry has accepted his inevitable death (and-nothing-can-prevent-it) in the upcoming CRISIS and is spreading good cheer all around (those last 7 words were sarcasm). Hopefully, next week ep is less painful.
post #2946 of 2951 Old 10-31-2019, 05:11 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1954 Post(s)
Liked: 2455
I struggle to finish each episode and now I end up watching this over multiple days as I keep stopping. I just am not that into it, this coming from a massive comic book fan too.

post #2947 of 2951 Old 10-31-2019, 08:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 844 Post(s)
Liked: 652
I wonder why they decided to play it so Barry knows he is going to die in Crisis. That's a huge departure from the comics. In the comics, Flash doesn't find out until the point in the series where he needs to do a thing to save everyone... and he does the thing knowing it might kill him... and it does... and the only hints you got to that coming were early on (basically Flash was running so fast and popping back in time as he died so apparitions of him were appearing to other characters as foreshadowing before the main event)... so a handful of other heroes knew something was up, but nobody knew anything until the moment.

Telling Barry this up front and in advance, just allows all the brooding and melodrama which really is pointless. Also, unlike the comic where they actually did kill Barry for 20 years or so and the mantle of Flash was taken over by Wally West... there's zero chance Barry stays dead... and since this is happening around the mid-season break, expect him to be back before Crisis ends and continue the rest of the season. Even if they wanted to do the comic story and replace Barry with Wally... they can't do that because the actor playing Wally doesn't want to be a regular on the show... so they have to bring Barry back or cancel the show... which, actually would be a crazy thing to do if you think about it... We know Arrow is ending... but what if they surprise cancel Flash mid-season? Nobody would see that coming!
post #2948 of 2951 Old Today, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4390 Post(s)
Liked: 3338
Perhaps my patience with this show is just waning after six seasons, but this last James Bond-themed episode really felt like one of the dumbest episodes the show has ever had.

Josh Z
Television and Home Theater Writer/Editor, Primetimer.com

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whoever they may be.
post #2949 of 2951 Old Today, 01:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1060 Post(s)
Liked: 436
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Perhaps my patience with this show is just waning after six seasons, but this last James Bond-themed episode really felt like one of the dumbest episodes the show has ever had.
I actually enjoyed this episode as a 007 fan. It was more of a silly filler.
post #2950 of 2951 Old Today, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildaant View Post
I actually enjoyed this episode as a 007 fan. It was more of a silly filler.
I just found it very tiring how broadly the episode kept winking at what it was doing. The characters even say stuff like "Wow, this is just like in that James Bond movie Goldfinger!" in the dialogue as if speaking directly to the 10-year-olds in the viewing audience who've never actually seen a James Bond movie.

Josh Z

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whoever they may be.
post #2951 of 2951 Old Today, 02:18 PM

Between how lame The Flash has been this season and the huge downturn in quality on Supergirl (which had an interesting storyline last year but is really bad this year), my patience with the Arrowverse as a whole is running thin. I'm honestly considering giving up on the whole slate of them after Crisis on Infinite Earths.

I don't watch Arrow, so no loss there. Batwoman is OK, but I won't miss it. I still kind of like Black Lightning, and Legends of Tomorrow is usually fun despite being incredibly dumb, but it's probably better to make a clean break and be done with all of them.

Josh Z

Last edited by Josh Z; Today at 02:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
the cw , the flash

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page