Starz: "The Missing" - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #61 of 65 Old 03-12-2017, 12:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2286 Post(s)
Liked: 914
I was watching once a week through the first 3 or 4 episodes and then the plot accelerated so I binged.

Very emotional ending.

Since it had great ratings in the UK, it seems there would be a S3 but how many missing children stories can they do?

The other long-run European crime dramas, like the The Bridge as well as The Missing, took a long time to gestate these single-crime plots. Not easy to hold attention over 8-12 episodes on essentially one story.

But also may be difficult to do another one because of the subject matter. Most missing children cases seemed to either be solved quickly or doesn't get solved at all, as happened in S1 despite the maniacal persistence of the father and Baptiste.

And it's usually not some conspiracy involving people helping the abductor, as was suggested in S1. It's usually a family member, like a parent who lost out on a custody case, just taking the child and running away.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 65 Old 03-12-2017, 05:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4199 Post(s)
Liked: 3750
Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81 View Post
I was watching once a week through the first 3 or 4 episodes and then the plot accelerated so I binged.

Very emotional ending.

Since it had great ratings in the UK, it seems there would be a S3 but how many missing children stories can they do?

The other long-run European crime dramas, like the The Bridge as well as The Missing, took a long time to gestate these single-crime plots. Not easy to hold attention over 8-12 episodes on essentially one story.

But also may be difficult to do another one because of the subject matter. Most missing children cases seemed to either be solved quickly or doesn't get solved at all, as happened in S1 despite the maniacal persistence of the father and Baptiste.

And it's usually not some conspiracy involving people helping the abductor, as was suggested in S1. It's usually a family member, like a parent who lost out on a custody case, just taking the child and running away.

well they did try something different this season...last season was about a missing child and this season was about the return of a long missing child...so a different spin with the theme being children...I'm hoping there is a Season 3 as I find this series so expertly written...I liked the dark ending to Season 1 more then the Season 2 ending but both seasons were excellent overall
post #63 of 65 Old 05-23-2019, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

well this came out of nowhere...I was just looking at a list of Netflix June releases and saw 'The Missing: Season 3'!!...wow I didn't know they were even filming a 3rd season...upon doing some more research apparently this is not officially Season 3 but a spinoff titled 'Baptiste' (named after the lead detective)...it premiered on BBC One in February 2019...the premise seems exactly the same, it's about a missing girl and is written by Harry and Jack Williams who were the writers/directors of the first 2 seasons...I'm not sure why they're calling it The Missing: Season 3 here in the USA with Netflix while overseas it's a spinoff called 'Baptiste'

either way I plan on watching...premieres June 17th on Netflix...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 65 Old 05-23-2019, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2286 Post(s)
Liked: 914
I think it’s Baptiste in the UK but will still be called Missing here.

Wonder why STARZ dropped it.

Not like they’re full of shows.
post #65 of 65 Old 06-20-2019, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Netflix was supposed to show Baptiste (labeled as The Missing Season 3) starting on June 17th but it's not available for me...will this be shown in the USA or is it exclusive to the UK?...can someone in the UK (or anywhere outside the USA) check and see if it's available in your region...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page