Supergirl on CBS, CW - Page 60 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 962Likes

post #1771 of 1774 Old 03-25-2020, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1380 Post(s)
Liked: 1027
While it is true that writers could get together remotely, the producers are the ones that need to round everyone up. I seriously doubt that they feel the need to rework the last couple of episodes.

"VCR was in the closet. Still works. Can't get the clock to stop blinking, though."
Angela - Animal Kingdom - 7/16/19
My 2017 Total Solar Eclipse Photos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1772 of 1774 Old 03-25-2020, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 909 Post(s)
Liked: 892
Do we really want to watch people spending 10 minutes struggling to get the “contacts” unto their eyeballs every time making that funny face as they pull their lids down to make way for the contact? They’re also not cleaning them and storing them with solution. Don’t even get me started on the hand washing! Imagine the eye infections that they’re going to cause? That’s a lawsuit waiting to happen.

You’re unwilling to accept that a pair of contacts can just jump into your eyes, but can accept that these said magical jumping contacts can link up to your brain and project a hyper realistic world all while communicating wirelessly to the Obsidian servers with no bulky power source attached.
aaronwt likes this.
post #1773 of 1774 Old 03-25-2020, 10:12 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 4994 Post(s)
Liked: 3985
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked01 View Post
You’re unwilling to accept that a pair of contacts can just jump into your eyes, but can accept that these said magical jumping contacts can link up to your brain and project a hyper realistic world all while communicating wirelessly to the Obsidian servers with no bulky power source attached.
No, honestly, I'm not willing to accept that either. This whole storyline is awful, IMO.

I don't need to watch the characters put contacts in their eyes. The episode director could easily cut away or find some other creative solution to not draw attention to that action. The way they've actually chosen to do it, with characters waving their hands in front of their faces, just looks ridiculous.

Maybe it doesn't bug you. I'd probably be more willing to forgive it if the storyline were more interesting. As it is, it's a continual annoyance that only gets worse the more times they show it.
Zookster likes this.

Josh Z
Television and Home Theater Writer/Editor, Primetimer.com

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whomever they may be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1774 of 1774 Old 03-25-2020, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 909 Post(s)
Liked: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
No, honestly, I'm not willing to accept that either. This whole storyline is awful, IMO.

I don't need to watch the characters put contacts in their eyes. The episode director could easily cut away or find some other creative solution to not draw attention to that action. The way they've actually chosen to do it, with characters waving their hands in front of their faces, just looks ridiculous.

Maybe it doesn't bug you. I'd probably be more willing to forgive it if the storyline were more interesting. As it is, it's a continual annoyance that only gets worse the more times they show it.
I’m willing to suspend belief for this. But Maybe they all should have the contacts permanently implanted and they only tap their temples to activate them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page