Fear the Walking Dead on AMC HD - Page 80 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1608Likes

post #2371 of 2520 Old 07-09-2019, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1753 Post(s)
Liked: 1741
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamR View Post
Yes I know that they had said roads are out, but looking at a map of Texas and the area, there are a LOT of roads. No way they are all down. What about off road for any bad sections (upgrade your vehicle to a 4X4)? If they truly just want to get back, abandon what you have and take dirt bikes off road, swap for a car later when around bad sections, etc. What about repairing the road (like you said). What about driving farther north/south/around to get to a road that is not out? Just seems like the show artificially created this "we are locked in here" and the only single way out is by air. They flew in on a plane with minimal supplies so I don't think they are planning on taking back that much with them. Heck worse case scenario, drive to a bad section of road and walk to the next town/community and take a car. Heck Dwight and Morgan walked farther than that from Alexandria, through multiple states, with zero problems.
I totally agree that it's a contrived way to keep them stuck there. It's like last season when all the action took place along the only usable road between the entire states of Texas and Mississippi (which made it possible for everyone to keep finding each other). And now with the prospect of a larger meltdown presenting an imminent life and death situation, there doesn't seem to be any reason they don't pack up as much as they can carry and drive/walk as far as they can in the opposite direction. Whatever it takes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2372 of 2520 Old 07-09-2019, 09:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Quote:
Heck Dwight and Morgan walked farther than that from Alexandria, through multiple states, with zero problems.
We didn't see any of their trek so we have no idea what problems they might have encountered before they arrived in Texas...

Bobby 

post #2373 of 2520 Old 07-09-2019, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 2976 Post(s)
Liked: 3882
Another Episode that I really enjoyed .. my opinion, of course ..
aaronwt and cardoski like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2374 of 2520 Old 07-09-2019, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Liked: 130
I am done with the WD series they're gone totally gone off the cliff.

LG OLED C8 65 2018 BR . HT: JVC RS2000, S Studio Tek 130 1.3 Gain screen, Apple TV4k, Def Tech 9080/C 9080/9040 Dolby Atmos Speakers, Denon X6500H , Panasonic UB820 and a nagging wife.
post #2375 of 2520 Old 07-09-2019, 08:09 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 7116 Post(s)
Liked: 16090
After watching the latest episode of NOS4A2 my DVR picked up the first couple minutes of Fear. Is Dwight now on FTWD? How'd that happen?

post #2376 of 2520 Old 07-09-2019, 10:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
After watching the latest episode of NOS4A2 my DVR picked up the first couple minutes of Fear. Is Dwight now on FTWD? How'd that happen?
His search for his wife Sherry brought him to an area of Texas that's so inaccessible that the core group of FTWD folk can't seem to get in or out without an airplane, helicopter, or hot air balloon. But for some reason Dwight won't share how he got in so he can help them get out even though he now seems to be part of the group.

Welcome to FTWD! Please check all capacity for conscious thought at the door.
post #2377 of 2520 Old 07-10-2019, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by CUTiger78 View Post
All these jackleg, shade tree aircraft mechanics. Sheesh!!! Reminds me of the old Jimmy Stewart movie "Sahara." They'd be a lot better off scouting around for another airplane that is some kind of airworthy.
Do you mean Flight of the Phoenix? (off to google Sahara...)

Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30 55-Inch 1080p 3D Plasma HDTV TV
Panasonic DMP-BDT360 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Panasonic DMP-BDT215 3D Blu-ray Disc Player
Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
post #2378 of 2520 Old 07-11-2019, 09:50 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 7116 Post(s)
Liked: 16090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zookster View Post
His search for his wife Sherry brought him to an area of Texas that's so inaccessible that the core group of FTWD folk can't seem to get in or out without an airplane, helicopter, or hot air balloon. But for some reason Dwight won't share how he got in so he can help them get out even though he now seems to be part of the group.

Welcome to FTWD! Please check all capacity for conscious thought at the door.
Thanks for the recap. So Dwight left to search for his wife after the fall of Negan? Does Fear take place in that same time? While TWD did a time jump of several years?

post #2379 of 2520 Old 07-12-2019, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Thanks for the recap. So Dwight left to search for his wife after the fall of Negan? Does Fear take place in that same time? While TWD did a time jump of several years?
FTWD had a time jump before the previous season to get it caught up to the end of the Negan storyline at which point Morgan joined the cast, and now, some months later, Dwight. But it didn't do the jumps TWD did in its previous season.
post #2380 of 2520 Old 07-12-2019, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 4719 Post(s)
Liked: 6302
Quote:
FTWD had a time jump before the previous season to get it caught up to the end of the Negan storyline at which point Morgan joined the cast, and now, some months later, Dwight. But it didn't do the jumps TWD did in its previous season.
When will then be now?

aaronwt and MrEmoto like this.
post #2381 of 2520 Old 07-15-2019, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 4303 Post(s)
Liked: 3289
Are we to take it that Alicia is a goner? That's a pretty shocking development if true. It would leave Strand as the only S1 character to still have a regular role (plus Salazar on the rare occasions he shows up).

Josh Z
Home Theater Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers.
post #2382 of 2520 Old 07-15-2019, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1925 Post(s)
Liked: 2380
If they are killing her off, that would be a huge mistake.

Also, after watching Chernobyl, I don't think some irradiated blood would instantly kill her or even after a long time. It wasn't like she was submerged in it, or exposed to a massive amount of radiation. Wouldn't she have years or even longer if she took some iodine pills?

post #2383 of 2520 Old 07-15-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
If they are killing her off, that would be a huge mistake.

Also, after watching Chernobyl, I don't think some irradiated blood would instantly kill her or even after a long time. It wasn't like she was submerged in it, or exposed to a massive amount of radiation. Wouldn't she have years or even longer if she took some iodine pills?
I think we've already established in this thread that the way radiation works on this show bears little resemblance to scientific reality. The writers have been treating radiation like it's a virus passed by physical contact. Grace gave repeated warnings that touching the blood from an irradiated zombie would be a death sentence. By the show's logic, Alicia should be doomed. However, I still wouldn't put it past the writers to ret-con a BS explanation to get out of that.

Josh Z

post #2384 of 2520 Old 07-15-2019, 10:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

The kids' parents ended up dying at the camp by fighting and being exposed to the radioactive walkers. So as far as this show is concerned, that's all it takes.
post #2385 of 2520 Old 07-16-2019, 04:56 AM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9324 Post(s)
Liked: 6007
Quote:
The kids' parents ended up dying at the camp by fighting and being exposed to the radioactive walkers. So as far as this show is concerned, that's all it takes.
They died by burning the walkers, not fighting them. When they burned them the radioactive particles spread and killed them. They specifically made that point in the scene about how they died.

Sent from my Nexus 7(32GB)
Zookster likes this.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #2386 of 2520 Old 07-16-2019, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
Are we to take it that Alicia is a goner? That's a pretty shocking development if true. It would leave Strand as the only S1 character to still have a regular role (plus Salazar on the rare occasions he shows up).
Hard to say. I like that she was at least put at risk.

Overall, I enjoyed the most recent episode, having finally gotten to watch it last night. I liked the character interactions and that Dwight and Al(? no good with names - the bad haircut videographer) both had things going on that were emotionally serious to them.

Yamaha RX-V757 Receiver, Cambridge Soundworks Towers, JBL center, and assorted other speakers for 7.1
post #2387 of 2520 Old 07-16-2019, 07:40 AM

Another Episode I personally enjoyed .. I'm guessing we're approaching the Season Break .. ??

One thing I will say .. I don't know how much a propeller that size weighs, but Strand schlepping it to the "Balloon Wall" seemed a stretch .. well, OK, the "Balloon Wall" itself was a stretch ..
aaronwt, mike1812 and Keenan like this.

Uncle Willie

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
post #2388 of 2520 Old 07-16-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkdragn View Post
One thing I will say .. I don't know how much a propeller that size weighs, but Strand schlepping it to the "Balloon Wall" seemed a stretch .. well, OK, the "Balloon Wall" itself was a stretch ..
If the propellers were that heavy, could the balloon have really carried them in the first place?
mike1812 likes this.

Josh Z

post #2389 of 2520 Old 07-16-2019, 08:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 852
Quote:
If the propellers were that heavy, could the balloon have really carried them in the first place?
I've been in a balloon that carried 10 people. Let's say that the average weight for those 10 people is 150 pounds as a conservative guess. That is 1500 pounds. Now let's take off 300 pounds for the two people that are on this balloon and that leaves 1200 pounds or 600 pounds per propeller. I can see that working.

Bobby 

post #2390 of 2520 Old 07-16-2019, 08:21 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Another Episode I personally enjoyed .. I'm guessing we're approaching the Season Break .. ??

In one shot of him dragging it, I thought I saw one of the propeller blades wiggle briefly like it was made of rubber. Not the one dragging the ground, or the blade wrapped in his arms; it was the one out in the air pointing off to the side. I did not rewind the DVR to confirm, though.

post #2391 of 2520 Old 07-16-2019, 08:22 AM

Quote:
I will continue to plead ignorance of Propeller Weight as well as Size/Lift Capacity for said Balloon ..

Uncle Willie

post #2392 of 2520 Old 07-16-2019, 12:08 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9324 Post(s)
Liked: 6007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEmoto View Post
In one shot of him dragging it, I thought I saw one of the propeller blades wiggle briefly like it was made of rubber. Not the one dragging the ground, or the blade wrapped in his arms; it was the one out in the air pointing off to the side. I did not rewind the DVR to confirm, though.
No different than at the beginning of the season. When she was swinging that broken propeller blade. It was made of styrofoam or something very light. She mentioned it on the Talking Dead about having to make it seem like it was heavy when swinging it.
MrEmoto likes this.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #2393 of 2520 Old 07-16-2019, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEmoto View Post
Yeah, immediately noticed that too.
Probably because it was just a prop, without the ellers.
Tack, gprace and MrEmoto like this.
post #2394 of 2520 Old 07-20-2019, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1925 Post(s)
Liked: 2380
Fear The Walking Dead’ Renewed For Season 6; Adds New Cast Members And Reveals Plans For New Series - Comic-Con
By Dino-Ray Ramos, Deadline.com - Jul. 19, 2019

In part one of The Walking Dead universe, the cast and creators of the Fear the Walking Dead panel took the stage. First stepping on the dais alongside moderator Chris Hardwick were showrunners Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg; executive producers Robert Kirkman, Dave Alpert, Gale Anne Hurd, and Greg Nicotero; and director and co-executive producer, Michael Satrazemis. In addition, Lennie James, Alycia Debnam-Carey, Danay Garcia, Maggie Grace, Jenna Elfman, Alexa Nisenson, Austin Amelio, Rubén Blades, and Karen David joined the panel which was packed with news.

During the panel, Gimple announced that the series has been renewed for a season 6 and they dropped a first look at season 5B ahead of its midseason finale on Sunday. The series will return August 11. In addition, Gimple announced that Colby Minifie, Peter Jacobson and Colby Hollman will be joining the cast.

In addition, Gimple said that they are going to be exploring more of the post-apocalyptic Walking Dead universe.

“The big secret is that there have been other civilizations that have survived the apocalypse,” revealed Gimple. “We are about to show a lot more.”

Gimple said that they are working on another series of privileged, first-world kids who leave the comfort of their world to go on a quest. Some will become heroes — others not so much. He said the new series will “open up a whole new world.” No further details of the series were given.

https://deadline.com/2019/07/fear-th...mc-1202649322/
aaronwt likes this.

post #2395 of 2520 Old 07-23-2019, 06:51 AM

Really enjoyed, once again, Sundays episode .. some real edge of the seat stuff there .. I do think the cargo net hanging off the end of the plane was just for effect and added drama, since I don't think it really facilitated any Human getting on the plane ..

Kudos to the show really hitting it's stride .. and the set up for upcoming episodes seems good as well .. fresh gasoline ..

Uncle Willie

post #2396 of 2520 Old 07-23-2019, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

So after all the trouble John and Dwight had finding a working car, and then a car with fresh gas, in the blink of an eye they not only found such a car, but none other than Sherry's car?

Otherwise, I also found this to be a very enjoyable episode. The reunions at the end we're nice, and I'm glad the showrunners don't feel obligated to kill off a major character (or even minor character like Grace) at every mid-season finale.
post #2397 of 2520 Old 07-23-2019, 08:38 AM

It was a good episode. I enjoyed it. However, the radiation stuff just gets more absurd with every episode. First off, I guess Alicia is perfectly fine since she took a shower, even though it had been repeatedly stated that exposure to irradiated zombie blood is an automatic death sentence.

Morgan asks if he can use his irradiated staff, and Grace says, "Sure, why not?" Then later she has a freakout about it and breaks the staff in half, which supposedly makes it fine now. Good thing the radiation only stayed on one end of the stick. I hope Morgan didn't touch the other end before Grace broke it.

Josh Z

Last edited by Josh Z; 07-23-2019 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Typo
post #2398 of 2520 Old 07-23-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
So after all the trouble John and Dwight had finding a working car, and then a car with fresh gas, in the blink of an eye they not only found such a car, but none other than Sherry's car?

Otherwise, I also found this to be a very enjoyable episode. The reunions at the end we're nice, and I'm glad the showrunners don't feel obligated to kill off a major character (or even minor character like Grace) at every mid-season finale.
and, a car with candy ..

Was it the mid-season finale .. ??

Uncle Willie

post #2399 of 2520 Old 07-23-2019, 09:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Was it the mid-season finale .. ??
It's a short break until it returns Aug. 11.
post #2400 of 2520 Old 07-23-2019, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:

It wasn't Sherry's car. They found that earlier. It was just a random car that had some candy on the windshield. The candy is a callback for John from earlier episodes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page