Marvel's 'Jessica Jones' on Netflix 11.20.15 - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 312Likes

post #571 of 580 Old 06-19-2019, 09:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 477 Post(s)
Liked: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by archiguy View Post
It's the torn jeans, isn't it? Girl needs to stop taking those pro-bono cases so she can afford to buy a new pair. Sheesh.
Guess it's my age, but that's a fashion choice that has never appealed to me. And it would seem to pose a snagging hazard for an action hero, you know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 580 Old 06-22-2019, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 671 Post(s)
Liked: 1055
I finished the series last night and thought that on the whole it was very good. It was very dark and moodier than the other seasons with Krysten Ritter and Rachel Taylor doing great work. Kudos also go to Rebecca De Mornay, Carrie-Anne Moss and the rest of the supporting cast. I love Ritter and will be interested to see what she does next. She did direct Episode 2 so she may have some openings there. I just hope that she doesn't get typecast. She's too good an actress to get buttonholed into one particular type of role. I've also always been fascinated by De Mornay going back to Risky Business. Even as she got older, you always knew who she was by her eyes. They are fantastic. You could put a mask on her and you could see her eyes and still recognize her. It's been quite a three season ride for JJ but it is time for it to end (as will all Marvel series properties on Netflix thanks to the Magic Kingdom's new streaming service).

I'll wait until more of you have watched all of the episodes before getting in discussions of the story lines.
daryl zero and gwsat like this.
post #573 of 580 Old 06-24-2019, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 6950 Post(s)
Liked: 15583
Finished this up last night. Overall I enjoyed it. Much, much, much, much better than season 2. Which is absolutely terrible. With being a Patsy heavy season, I was worried S3 would suck too. But was pleasantly surprised. Sadly, like a wraith in the night, the Marvel Netflix shows are gone. Well, onto Dark now.

Advertisement

post #574 of 580 Old 06-25-2019, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
really enjoyed Jessica Jones. Sorry to see it go.
JoeTiVo likes this.
post #575 of 580 Old 06-25-2019, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1495 Post(s)
Liked: 1708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Finished this up last night. Overall I enjoyed it. Much, much, much, much better than season 2. Which is absolutely terrible. With being a Patsy heavy season, I was worried S3 would suck too. But was pleasantly surprised. Sadly, like a wraith in the night, the Marvel Netflix shows are gone. Well, onto Dark now.
While I agree that Season 3 was much better than Season 2, Season 2 is not absolutely terrible. I've been rewatching it with my daughter (first time since it first came out) and so far, it has good pacing and is well done. Certainly it suffered due to the villain/non-villain aspect of it but it is quite watchable at least through 4 eps.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #576 of 580 Old 06-25-2019, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 6950 Post(s)
Liked: 15583
Quote:
Originally Posted by daryl zero View Post
While I agree that Season 3 was much better than Season 2, Season 2 is not absolutely terrible. I've been rewatching it with my daughter (first time since it first came out) and so far, it has good pacing and is well done. Certainly it suffered due to the villain/non-villain aspect of it but it is quite watchable at least through 4 eps.
Father and daughter time watching a show is pretty darn cool. With that said and upon further reflection of season 2... it’s still absolutely terrible.

post #577 of 580 Old 06-25-2019, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1495 Post(s)
Liked: 1708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Father and daughter time watching a show is pretty darn cool. With that said and upon further reflection of season 2... it’s still absolutely terrible.

"Nowadays, you can just click a button and buy a book, meet your spouse or ruin someone's life. Sometimes those last two are the same thing." John Oliver.
post #578 of 580 Old 06-25-2019, 04:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4421 Post(s)
Liked: 4004
since I haven't watched S2 yet, I wasn't really all that high on watching the final season but I'm hearing good things about the season overall...I hear the final episode did a good job ending the story (possibly the best ending to any of the Marvel Netflix shows)...I'll probably give this a go but I'm not in any rush
post #579 of 580 Old 06-25-2019, 11:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Liked: 360
Guess I have the unpopular opinion...absolutely suffered from the forced 13 episodes...again 8 episodes would have been perfect and allowed for a much tighter narrative.

So much of it felt like filler...potentially with setup and payoff in Season 4 (which will never happen)? Characters did not seem cohesive throughout...and while I understand what they were going for, it totally didn't work.

Spoiler!

I didn't hate it...just felt like it could have been less over-long and way better if they didn't have to fill for time.

And I liked Jessica Jones Season 2...I would put this above Luke Cage Season 2, directly below Iron First Season 2 which is near the bottom...

Josh
post #580 of 580 Old 07-17-2019, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 809
I recently binged season two and three. Overall I liked the vibe even though it never leaves being dark for even a moment. I think Jessica has the right amount of greyness to keep things interesting. Season two I feel they dragged the "mom" plot out a little and for season three the one "back story" episode felt like it simply delayed the story arc... not really enhancing it to any degree.

I enjoyed both seasons and my biggest "complaint" would be finding it hard to buy Trish's turn to the dark(est) side. It felt more story based than character... regarding characters I think it was very well cast.

125" Projection | 5.2.4 Audio | Shield TV | LibreELEC/ODROID-C2 Kodi Media Client | Ubuntu/ODROID-XU4 NAS/Server | 65" LG OLED TV | TiVo | Shield TV |
| Water cooled Threadripper & Radeon VII, NVMe PC - 43" 4K IPS Panel |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page