'The Magicians' on Syfy - Page 8 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 152Likes

post #211 of 216 Old 03-03-2020, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7538 Post(s)
Liked: 17163
I thought they said this was going to be the final season before it even aired? Then again, I could be misremembering things. That's been known to happen. Yeah, the cast makes this show. They will be missed. I don't know what I'm going to do without my Margo.
aaronwt likes this.

Advertisement

post #212 of 216 Old 03-16-2020, 08:09 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 4409 Post(s)
Liked: 4076
Josh has his own personal "Mar-Go-Pro".
aaronwt likes this.
post #213 of 216 Old 03-26-2020, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

I'm like why am I singing an old Nick Lowe song in the shower this morning? Then it hits me. Those Magicians and their damn musical numbers. Lol. Between the cast and song selection, I actually enjoy the musical episodes.
aaronwt, Keenan and Ph8te like this.

Advertisement

post #214 of 216 Old 04-01-2020, 10:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 708 Post(s)
Liked: 490
I honestly forgot that tonight was the SERIES finale for the show...totally forgot. It just didn't seem possible.

I think it is terrible that, for a show with such a loyal and rabid fanbase, UCP/UTV/Syfy didn't give this show a proper ending - while the "series finale" works and was very solid - I just can't help but think what could have been with the knowledge that the show wasn't going to get picked up for another season - as they were clearly setting up story lines for next season (and somethings were left up in the air and not resolved).

I was thinking back on why I started watching this show - I don't like the fantasy genre and magic is literally my least favorite subject-matters. For me, the world and the characters are what drew me in and hooked me - as they felt real and they went through a lot of emotional ****. They were consistent and well written (unlike some other high-budget mainstream shows in Season 7 and 8). Every episode was quality content.

I will seriously miss this show...and in this day of peak-TV, you better believe that I probably would not have even given it a chance - and now definitely won't for future shows from UCP/UTC/Syfy (why bother get invested in characters to not get an actual ending or satisfying conclusion to storylines)

Chances of final Magician 2 hour movie to wrap things up? I'm doubtful...10% chance? Maybe?
aaronwt and Ph8te like this.

Josh
post #215 of 216 Old 04-02-2020, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 6868 Post(s)
Liked: 6801
@lax01 we may not agree on many things, but we do agree on the Series finale of the show. SYFY didn’t seem to know what to do with it and is constantly changing directions. I am glad we got as many seasons as we did, but it does seem like it needed 1 more season or maybe a movie “wrap up” as there were just so many things that had to be brought together to end this series. Maybe it will be picked up if it’s doing well on NetFlix even if just for a “finale” to tie those last things up (why else leave certain things open).

Like you I wasn’t “upset” over the finale, but it does leave me wanting a tad bit more on some fronts. I’ll miss this show, especially since SYFY has a lack of programming these days and seems that other channels have taken the torch.
aaronwt and lax01 like this.
post #216 of 216 Old 04-02-2020, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I agree the finale seemed rushed. Was nice to see the return of The Beast, albeit very briefly. Nice twist. They easily could have given us a 2 hour finale. With that said, it was a magical ride for 5 seasons. I‘ll miss their quests and adventures. In the immortal words of Santa Clause, “ho, ho, ho, [email protected]!”
aaronwt, lax01 and Ph8te like this.

Advertisement

Reply HDTV Programming

Tags
harry potter , magic , magicians , syfy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page